Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866866 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2018
Just visited Vfs, was mobbed by the normal crowd of travel consultants...I decided to ask dem Wtf happened to people that applied in July/august... listening to dem, u can tell this people don't know a darm about processing time..the lady shaa told me my case is new that people she applied for have all gotten feedbacks...dat it's normally a month u get replies...she even told me people she applied for last week, she checking their accounts already for updates...she said I should mail dem, she can help...wen I asked "okay, how much?", woman said 30k...I just laughed my way out of dat office
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Shizzleadedapo(m): 1:37pm On Oct 29, 2018
I think the last set of online applicants that got updates(approval or delay)were third week in June applicants. Eversince this guys have been stalling. Hopefully late June & early July applicants should start getting a reply soon. As for we late July (online applicant July 23rd), I will just drink water then chill. Nonetheless I believe we should start getting eligibility review and medical request this week if this guys really know what they are doing (Just an assumption).
042viber12:
Just visited Vfs, was mobbed by the normal crowd of travel consultants...I decided to ask dem Wtf happened to people that applied in July/august... listening to dem, u can tell this people don't know a darm about processing time..the lady shaa told me my case is new that people she applied for have all gotten feedbacks...dat it's normally a month u get replies...she even told me people she applied for last week, she checking their accounts already for updates...she said I should mail dem, she can help...wen I asked "okay, how much?", woman said 30k...I just laughed my way out of dat office
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by amozag2018: 1:43pm On Oct 29, 2018
No feedback yet!
123abcclown:

Any one of you guys gotten feedback already? Here, I haven't.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Labims: 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2018
Thank you.
galala123:

Perhaps you should call IOM Abuja to book appointment and then decide if worth making the trip or waiting till November 21. The earlier you can get out of this cycle, the better before another bottleneck,(eg. Quota) is introduced.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ghabrhiel10: 4:35pm On Oct 29, 2018
Please good people i need your help, my gcms note just arrived and it's just stating the same generic reasons my denial letter stated too without any explanation. Please help cos I'm not understanding

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 4:46pm On Oct 29, 2018
ghabrhiel10:
Please good people i need your help, my gcms note just arrived and it's just stating the same generic reasons my denial letter stated too without any explanation. Please help cos I'm not understanding

This is not the factual reason for your refusal. Kindly scroll down to the last 2 pages of the PDF you will find the written note by the visa officer.

Hoping to see that from you soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ghabrhiel10: 5:03pm On Oct 29, 2018
The last two pages as it is, no explanation
Frankrobbn1:

This is not the factual reason for your refusal. Kindly scroll down to the last 2 pages of the PDF you will find the written note by the visa officer.

Hoping to see that from you soon.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ghabrhiel10: 5:05pm On Oct 29, 2018
ghabrhiel10:
sorry it's not that clear, my confusion has increased
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 5:33pm On Oct 29, 2018
ghabrhiel10:

Don't be confused yet! Please screenshot Note 1 and Note 2. Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2018
ghabrhiel10:

REPLY THEN AS FOLLOWS:

The decision of the visa officer based to refuse my visa application based on the the PURPOSE OF VISIT is purely an arbitrariness which the Canadian law does not allow. Please see "Demyati v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 701 paragraph 21 when the court ruled as follows: " "Without a doubt, visa officers need to be satisfied that the applicant will return to her/his country of origin before the expiration of the visa. That requirement permeates IRPA and its Regulations. However, conversely, our law does not allow for decisions to be made on an arbitrary basis. That is why even a standard such as that of reasonableness requires justification, transparency and intelligibility such that the reviewing court can ascertain if the decision reached falls within a range of possible, acceptable outcomes. In my view, this case lacks the kind of justification required by our law. The visa officer did not give his/her facts and evidence to support his/her position to doubt my purpose of the visit after I have clearly shown my purpose in my application and the letter addressed to him/her as an SOP.
Also, I made a clear declaration in my application that the only purpose of going to Canada is to study and nothing more. I am surprised that the VO overlooked this declaration in total disregard to the court position in
Cao v Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), 2010 FC 941 at para 13 [Cao], “[t]he decision to submit the applicant’s declaration is not a banal gesture. The declaration is a clear statement that the applicant understands the consequences of overstaying his welcome in Canada, and for this reason, it will not happen.

As a law-abiding citizen of Nigeria and a born-again Christian/Muslim, I understand the consequence of not complying with the condition of my admission into Canada and it will not happen. I declare once again that I am a bonafide student who will definitely leave Canada after my authorized stay in Canada.

(Please include a court affidavit that you will comply with your admission into Canada and that you will return at the end of your authorised stay in Canada.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Famzyactivity: 5:52pm On Oct 29, 2018
Senatorkolade:

REPLY THEN AS FOLLOWS:

The decision of the visa officer based to refuse my visa application based on the the PURPOSE OF VISIT is purely an arbitrariness which the Canadian law does not allow. Please see "Demyati v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 701 paragraph 21 when the court ruled as follows: " "Without a doubt, visa officers need to be satisfied that the applicant will return to her/his country of origin before the expiration of the visa. That requirement permeates IRPA and its Regulations. However, conversely, our law does not allow for decisions to be made on an arbitrary basis. That is why even a standard such as that of reasonableness requires justification, transparency and intelligibility such that the reviewing court can ascertain if the decision reached falls within a range of possible, acceptable outcomes. In my view, this case lacks the kind of justification required by our law. The visa officer did not give his/her facts and evidence to support his/her position to doubt my purpose of the visit after I have clearly shown my purpose in my application and the letter addressed to him/her as an SOP.
Also, I made a clear declaration in my application that the only purpose of going to Canada is to study and nothing more. I am surprised that the VO overlooked this declaration in total disregard to the court position in
Cao v Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), 2010 FC 941 at para 13 [Cao], “[t]he decision to submit the applicant’s declaration is not a banal gesture. The declaration is a clear statement that the applicant understands the consequences of overstaying his welcome in Canada, and for this reason, it will not happen.

As a law-abiding citizen of Nigeria and a born-again Christian/Muslim, I understand the consequence of not complying with the condition of my admission into Canada and it will not happen. I declare once again that I am a bonafide student who will definitely leave Canada after my authorized stay in Canada.

(Please include a court affidavit that you will comply with your admission into Canada and that you will return at the end of your authorised stay in Canada.

Bros I sent you a pm . Please check your email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ghabrhiel10: 5:58pm On Oct 29, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Don't be confused yet! Please screenshot Note 1 and Note 2. Thank you!
sir frank I was received a PDF from applygcms containing 47 pages of my profile and refusal ground without an explanation. Should I share the refusal ground page as the pages 1 and 2 contains only my profile
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kceecool(m): 5:58pm On Oct 29, 2018
nothing yet bro.

please quick one, don't pause your life cos of Canada, if it comes fine, if it doesn't fine still !

123abcclown:

Any one of you guys gotten feedback already? Here, I haven't.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ghabrhiel10: 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2018
Senatorkolade:

REPLY THEN AS FOLLOWS:

Thanks bros but I still find it weird that my own case wasn't explained cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 6:09pm On Oct 29, 2018
ghabrhiel10:

You are not a pariah. The VO just deliberately and arbitrarily refused your application without any cogent reason
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 6:12pm On Oct 29, 2018
ghabrhiel10:
sir frank I was received a PDF from applygcms containing 47 pages of my profile and refusal ground without an explanation. Should I share the refusal ground page as the pages 1 and 2 contains only my profile

Page 1 and Page 2 contains sensitive information about you and shouldn't be shared on a public forum. The previous attachment you shared here was Note 3, 4, and 5 respectively. Check for Note 1 and 2 towards the ending part of the GCMS Notes there the information about your application lies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ghabrhiel10: 6:38pm On Oct 29, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Page 1 and Page 2 contains sensitive information about you and shouldn't be shared on a public forum. The previous attachment you shared here was Note 3, 4, and 5 respectively. Check for Note 1 and 2 towards the ending part of the GCMS Notes there the information about your application lies.

You're correct sir frank, the last notes 1 and 2 towards the ending part of the gcms notes contains all info about my application which I already shared the screen shot that didn't appear clear, but the explanation for my refusal is not still included there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ghabrhiel10: 6:42pm On Oct 29, 2018
Senatorkolade:

You are not a pariah. The VO just deliberately and arbitrarily refused your application without any cogent reason

cry Meaning I'll just be reapplying blindly without even knowing the truth as to why those refusal grounds were given. This is just so unfair
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 7:03pm On Oct 29, 2018
ghabrhiel10:

cry Meaning I'll just be reapplying blindly without even knowing the truth as to why those refusal grounds were given. This is just so unfair

It is the easiest to tackle on the point of reasonableness which is a good ground to fault VO's decision

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 29, 2018
kceecool:
nothing yet bro.

please quick one, don't pause your life cos of Canada, if it comes fine, if it doesn't fine still !

These CIC guys are gradually becoming disgusting.

Thank you for your advice about not pausing my life because of Canada. Not that life in itself has a pause button though....lol cheesy cheesy

What if not getting an MSc is the actual "pause"? I don't know for anyone in the thread but I have gotten to that point where I actually "need" an MSc. The whole relaxed route to PR post graduation was only supposed to be an extra benefit.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 29, 2018
ghabrhiel10:

Sorry bro wen did u apply and wen did u get the reject
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 8:08pm On Oct 29, 2018
ghabrhiel10:

You're correct sir frank, the last notes 1 and 2 towards the ending part of the gcms notes contains all info about my application which I already shared the screen shot that didn't appear clear, but the explanation for my refusal is not still included there

Don't just reapply that way. Endeavour to tackle the generic reasons that were raised by the visa officer on your refusal letter. Most especially Purpose of Visit and Home ties as these are the requirements which are put into consideration prior to the issuance of a study visa to Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dedecoder: 8:14pm On Oct 29, 2018
Wow! Very resourceful! Thanks for sharing this. I have been thinking of how best to respond to the somehow arbitrary response I was served.

Senatorkolade:

REPLY THEN AS FOLLOWS:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tosan28: 10:49pm On Oct 29, 2018
Good evening guys, I sent a mail to Humber college telling them I was refused visa first week in October and attached a copy of the refusal telling her I have also applied for my Gcsm note and it will be out next week after which I'll reapply again. Attached is what she said. Now I really do not believe this because I know so many people that reapplied for the same intake and got trv

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ghabrhiel10: 11:05pm On Oct 29, 2018
042viber12:

Sorry bro wen did u apply and wen did u get the reject

Applied 14th june
Denied 25th September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by yhemight(m): 11:08pm On Oct 29, 2018
Good evening house. Please I withdraw my application via the Web form but I did not get any acknowledgement to know if it's successful or not. Please can anyone tell me what else to do. Thanks your response is highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ghabrhiel10: 11:12pm On Oct 29, 2018
Sir frank and senatorkolade sorry for mispresentation please, I hope I don't get a ban from you ND the gurus in the house. I had to spend hours searching for why my own case will be different when it comes to gcms review, then I saw a particular long text written in French, imagine ooo. I used google to translate it and surprisingly that was the vo's explanation written in French!!. Omo igbo like me that cannot even speak my own igbo well, it's French I'll now understand. Please gurus, forgive me for the stress I put you guys through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dwebb55: 1:11am On Oct 30, 2018
ghabrhiel10:
Sir frank and senatorkolade sorry for mispresentation please, I hope I don't get a ban from you ND the gurus in the house. I had to spend hours searching for why my own case will be different when it comes to gcms review, then I saw a particular long text written in French, imagine ooo. I used google to translate it and surprisingly that was the vo's explanation written in French!!. Omo igbo like me that cannot even speak my own igbo well, it's French I'll now understand. Please gurus, forgive me for the stress I put you guys through

Can you share the translated reasons?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by jnyuwa02: 3:52am On Oct 30, 2018
Senatorkolade:

REPLY THEN AS FOLLOWS:

This essay or brief would be appropriate for judicial review. But if reapplying, you have to respectfully appeal to the VO to favorably exercise discretion on your behalf, not argue with him or her. Understanding that VOs have enormous power in their decision making, will go along way in how one can write and effective SOP on reapplication. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 4:54am On Oct 30, 2018
jnyuwa02:

This essay or brief would be appropriate for judicial review. But if reapplying, you have to respectfully appeal to the VO to favorably exercise discretion on your behalf, not argue with him or her. Understanding that VOs have enormous power in their decision making, will go along way in how one can write and effective SOP on reapplication. Good luck.

White people don't look at it that way. In African context if an elderly is talking to you and you are making an eye contact with the person, you are rude but to Oyinbos, you are confidence of what you are saying. There is nothing wrong in pointing to the VO the relevant laws that might have been breached. People do make mistakes with appealing to Oyinbos. These white people are different with their thinking o. Appealing to them is like pleading guilty or looking desperate. Don't use vulgar language for them. Just analyse it to them why you think they have erred.

Let me give you a scenario, I work with British and American Consular in the airport here in Lagos. On profiling a guy, the consular had a concern with a passenger and the guy was appealing to the Oyinbo to show a favourable discretion to him in a very polite way as you suggested. Do you know what the white man told me, he said Kolade, offload this man. If he is confident of his story, why asking for leniency?

SO THESE VISA OFFICERS DONT LOOK AT IT THAT WAY O

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.