Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866870 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 28, 2018
MeinKampf:

same here. Applied July 8th. My online profile is same as yours

Let's hope on November
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by MeinKampf: 1:05pm On Oct 28, 2018
042viber12:

Let's hope on November
I wish there can be any other option. Even, CSE hasn't been working for days now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 28, 2018
MeinKampf:

I wish there can be any other option. Even, CSE hasn't been working for days now

Am guessing dy are holding up to attend to that bulk of applications...mine is if I don't get a feedback this November, am withdrawing that application to reapply December...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jeanjohnny(m): 1:13pm On Oct 28, 2018
[quote author=Qudkom post=72470221][/quote]
Thanks Bro. I have a Mathematics degree at UG level and I opted for PGdip in Data Analytics(which is related to my first degree) as I graduated with a little below 2:1
About the home ties. I thought of studying and hoping to start up an Analytics Training Institute to train people and offer them a certification upon my return, which would also be a subsidiary of the School and at the same time co-manage the school with my Eldest Sister (She manages the school at present). Is this okay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kpizzle: 1:30pm On Oct 28, 2018
We're you given timeline for when to produce the new LOA?

blaugrana82:
Good morning guys. I have a question and I'm a little bit bothered. My online application is now 17weeks 1day. my application has been on eligibility review for 7weeks now. I sent a mail to London office and got a response on Monday requesting for my new admission letter cos I deferred from September to January. PLS WHAT DOES THIS REQUEST SIGNIFY? Though I'm still patiently waiting for the medical request mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Strongtech: 2:33pm On Oct 28, 2018
hello guys, i need advice. i did mining engineering at degree level with a third class. I intended furthering but this time going to a different field entirely. I am looking at studying diploma in Welding and Fabrication in canada. i will appreciate your advice as regard the field i can i go into
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blaugrana82(m): 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2018
I was told as soon as I can
kpizzle:
We're you given timeline for when to produce the new LOA?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 28, 2018
blaugrana82:
I was told as soon as I can

Meaning as soon as November though not saying that's your deadline
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Strongtech: 5:24pm On Oct 28, 2018
Strongtech:
hello guys, i need advice. i did mining engineering at degree level with a third class. I intended furthering but this time going to a different field entirely. I am looking at studying diploma in Welding and Fabrication in canada. i will appreciate your advice as regard the field i can i go into
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 7:39pm On Oct 28, 2018
CannyBella:
So I finally finished reading the Canadian thread from 1-15 today after 6 months amidst other engagements.
Thanks for the educative comments everyone, I wish people will continue to post more of their TRV timelines because I noticed a decline from thread 13. This will go a long way in assisting other TRVs hopefuls.

I just applied to Uni of Manitoba masters tho my Humber college pgc application deadline to pay tuition is next month after putting me on waitlist since April. I discovered Manitoba on this thread and applied because it is cheaper.

May God grant us our hearts desires, I hope to contribute more as time goes.

Is it been up to weeks/month since you applied? what course?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 7:41pm On Oct 28, 2018
With my observation on this thread about peeps that sent mails to Lagos or London offices, urs is quite different, instead of getting a generic response like what others get, instead u got a mail requesting for ur new admission letter. Its a good sign, cos if they will refuse you, they wont request for a new admission letter. So its a good sign. But this one uve not gotten Medical request tho, assuming uve gotten that, then thats sure approval. But in all, its a good sign, I will advise u intensify ur prayers. Good luck.
blaugrana82:
Good morning guys. I have a question and I'm a little bit bothered. My online application is now 17weeks 1day. my application has been on eligibility review for 7weeks now. I sent a mail to London office and got a response on Monday requesting for my new admission letter cos I deferred from September to January. PLS WHAT DOES THIS REQUEST SIGNIFY? Though I'm still patiently waiting for the medical request mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blaugrana82(m): 8:38pm On Oct 28, 2018
Thanks bro. I will.
makano:
With my observation on this thread about peeps that sent mails to Lagos or London offices, urs is quite different, instead of getting a generic response like what others get, instead u got a mail requesting for ur new admission letter. Its a good sign, cos if they will refuse you, they wont request for a new admission letter. So its a good sign. But this one uve not gotten Medical request tho, assuming uve gotten that, then thats sure approval. But in all, its a good sign, I will advise u intensify ur prayers. Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by blaugrana82(m): 9:50pm On Oct 28, 2018
042viber12:

Meaning as soon as November though not saying that's your deadline
The mail actually said it my earliest convenience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2018
blaugrana82:
The mail actually said it my earliest convenience.

Wat do u think it means
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by nalizzzy: 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

MISFITrep, sorry about the refusal, put yourself together okay it's never the end of the world. You can share your profile to the house, the list of documents you submitted, your level of education, your proposed program etc.. This would give us an insight on how best to advice you. The rate of refusals for paper route these days is becoming alarming, God help us all.

even me am afraid bcus am using paper route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by olamble: 11:13pm On Oct 28, 2018
Good day good people expecting their approval from CIC, a silent reader, i think this information give a hint on what is delaying some step back /backlog application need to be approved.
As per the demand of applicants from the London Visa Office, I have enquired from the ministry regarding the backlogs and doubts relating to Security Screening. I have summarised their responses in the form of Questions and Answers.
This information is equally applicable to applicants of other Local Visa Offices and Case Processing Centres as well.

Q.1: Why it is taking more than average time in London Visa Office for processing of applications?

Answer: IRCC realizes that those who have submitted their application look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

Q.2: Is there any reason on why some applications with the same e-APR are processed earlier than others?

Answer: The Government of Canada is committed to a fair and non-discriminatory application of immigration procedures while protecting the safety and security of Canadians. Processing times will vary based on:

· the type of application submitted; the volume of applications received; how easily we can verify information; the availability of levels of space under the current Immigration Levels Plan; how well and how quickly the applicant responds to any requests or concerns;

· whether the application is complete, and

· the completion of statutory background checks and verifications against fraud.

Q.3 IRCC claims average processing time to be 6 months while it is taking more time in Local Visa Offices. What are the reasons for it?

Answer: The processing times published on the IRCC Website represent the time it takes to process 80% of applications, which means that the remaining 20% may have taken longer. Background checks and their processing times vary depending on several factors.

Q.4 Is there any changes in IRCC system that is leading to delays in the processing of applications in Certain Local Visa Offices?

Answer: It should be noted that there has been no change to how applications submitted are processed. However, there has been a significant increase in global volumes (refugees, temporary, and permanent residents) over the past few years. IRCC has been moving toward an integrated and centralized working environment for processing permanent and temporary resident applications.

Q.5 Why applications are sent to few Local Visa Offices knowing they are already having severe backlogs due to high volumes of applications?

Answer: The configuration of IRCC’s processing network allows work to be shifted based on available capacity. Therefore, processing times are more accurately reflected based on country of residence* rather than the geographical location of a processing office.

Q.6 Do every application go through Security Screening?

Answer: As part of routine application processing, all applicants undergo criminal and security screening. IRCC works with its partners, such as the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), to ensure that those individuals who are considered security risks are not allowed to enter or remain in Canada.

Q.7 How does Security Screening works?

Answer: Multiple factors must be considered before a migration officer chooses to refer an application for security screening, and it is not uncommon for an application to be delayed by this process. While I appreciate the concerns that you have raised, I would like to assure you that delays in processing that relate to security screening and other eligibility verifications can be subject, at times, to delays.
Security screening is an important part of the overall assessment of whether a person is admissible to Canada, and the CBSA works diligently to process screening requests within an appropriate timeframe. However, the time required to conduct security screening on a case varies based on multiple factors such as complexity, level of detail, availability of information and research required. The CBSA works closely with IRCC and other partners prior to making a recommendation on an application. Each file requires an in-depth examination and depending on the factors outlined above, some cases may go beyond average processing timeframes. I have divided their response in the form of Questions as it is easier to understand in this way. There was some more information that I have excluded for now and will try to organise it before posting it in this forum. I have also got in contact with London Visa Office relating to this issue, and their response is slightly different to what I was told by the Ministry directly. In addition, there is a part on IRCC Plans and developments that I will be discussing.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by olamble: 11:35pm On Oct 28, 2018
NOTE: Actually, I have contacted ministry to know the reasons for the delays in the first week of June due to some fact I gather from the forum about applications but they have given a general reply. So, we still don't have an answer as to why they have been skipped.
However, one thing that I have noticed is that many of these applications are sent to SS and some of them are untouched due to the Country of Residence. I will discuss this in detail as it will take time to organise that information.
For the time, I will not try to prove IRCC wrong but if you read their responses you will find contradictions.

I hope this general question and answer help many people waiting for approval from IRCC.

I mail private travel consultant in Ontario, no replied yet

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 6:27am On Oct 29, 2018
nalizzzy:

even me am afraid bcus am using paper route

Pray for God's grace. Your application can still be approved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by fatsonm: 9:47am On Oct 29, 2018
emmy4Gold:
Sure it thus help, thanks for sharing

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Labims: 9:58am On Oct 29, 2018
Good morning Lagosians in the house. Please where else can I do my upfront medicals as Children's practice is no longer taking bookings till further notice...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 10:05am On Oct 29, 2018
Labims:
Good morning Lagosians in the house. Please where else can I do my upfront medicals as Children's practice is no longer taking bookings till further notice...
This is serious....you went there or you called their line.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by goingforward: 10:07am On Oct 29, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,

I pray for everyone reading this.
That you receive peace in your heart knowing that God does not sleep or slumber on anything that concerns you.

God's promises for us are true and sure.
God is an expert in turning the tables around in the favor of His children. Read Daniel 6 vs 19-28.
Daniel may have felt forgotten while in the Lion's den, but God never forgot him.

I pray that the God of Daniel, our God, will turn the tables around as we continually wait and trust Him and our applications shall receive apt and speedy attention and approval in the mighty name of Jesus.

Have a week filled with laughter and rejoicing in Jesus name.

Amen

goingforward.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Labims: 10:31am On Oct 29, 2018
I called.
Lagos2canna:

This is serious....you went there or you called their line.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Labims: 10:48am On Oct 29, 2018
I've been able to schedule an appointment with Q-life family Clinics for 21st November.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by galala123(m): 11:35am On Oct 29, 2018
Labims:
I've been able to schedule an appointment with Q-life family Clinics for 21st November.
Perhaps you should call IOM Abuja to book appointment and then decide if worth making the trip or waiting till November 21. The earlier you can get out of this cycle, the better before another bottleneck,(eg. Quota) is introduced.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Jeanjohnny(m): 11:56am On Oct 29, 2018
[quote author=Qudkom post=72485033][/quote]
Pls, can you forward your WhatsApp number through my email?... Jeanjohnnyrhymes@gmail.com. Will contact you through that means. Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Bennycrown(m): 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2018
Amen oooo
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

I pray for everyone reading this.
That you receive peace in your heart knowing that God does not sleep or slumber on anything that concerns you.

God's promises for us are true and sure.
God is an expert in turning the tables around in the favor of His children. Read Daniel 6 vs 19-28.
Daniel may have felt forgotten while in the Lion's den, but God never forgot him.

I pray that the God of Daniel, our God, will turn the tables around as we continually wait and trust Him and our applications shall receive apt and speedy attention and approval in the mighty name of Jesus.

Have a week filled with laughter and rejoicing in Jesus name.

Amen

goingforward.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by galala123(m): 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2018
olamble:
NOTE: Actually, I have contacted ministry to know the reasons for the delays in the first week of June due to some fact I gather from the forum about applications but they have given a general reply. So, we still don't have an answer as to why they have been skipped.
However, one thing that I have noticed is that many of these applications are sent to SS and some of them are untouched due to the Country of Residence. I will discuss this in detail as it will take time to organise that information.
For the time, I will not try to prove IRCC wrong but if you read their responses you will find contradictions.

I hope this general question and answer help many people waiting for approval from IRCC.

I mail private travel consultant in Ontario, no replied yet
Thanks for your effort. I'm trying hard to maintain but the grammar in the attached letter get as e be. Plural /Singular (e.g. 16 week), punctuation marks, spelling issues (e.g. summit instead of submit), Past and Present tense (it my pleasure...; I send many webform...; Thank for reading from...) etc.

Whenever I get scam mails, I notice same issues. Forgive me but, I just can't hold it any longer. Hope the author is not phishing, spear phishing or outright fishing with a hook for gullible prospective clients.

This may pass for an English test script where candidates are requested to find and correct errors. Please forgive me for making these observations. I apologise profusely. 1, 2 or even 3 errors may be acceptable in a few lines (as i may have made some myself here, because quite often it takes a third party to spot some of your errors as you read the sentences correctly without noticing it yourself) but...

Letters like this may make them decide to add international English test as part of the prerequisites to applying. However, it sounds like a catch 22 in the sense that though it may be a way to raise more money for them, it will reduce the amount made by way of study permit application fees as it may reduce the number of qualifying applicants who will apply. Hmmmm

For Ireland Study permit, you have to write an English test.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 29, 2018
amozag2018:
Good Morning HOUSE,

Please @Damsyangel23, @Kishkosh, @ghabrhiel10, @Kemsure30, @ralfudoh, @kceecool, @Goldenegg, @123abcclown any updates on your applications because my application will be 20 weeks tomorrow and I have been getting only generic emails from CIC. (Eligibility review started September 7th and I applied May 29th)

APRIL APPLICANT

1. Damsyangel23
Online application
April 17
Biometrics April 23
Request for new biometric July 10
New biometric 18 July
Eligibility review started August

JUNE APPLICANTS

2. Kishkosh
Apllication lodged on the 12 of June,
Upfront medical updated on the 7th of August,
review started on the 7th of August till date.

3. ghabrhiel10
Applied June 14 online
Biometrics on 25th june
Still on processing background check

4. Kemsure30
I applied on the 20th of June
Upfront medicals
Biometrics 25th of June

5. ralfudoh
Applied June 21st.
Medicals done and sent on the 27th of August.
Eligibility review started 29th August.
Medical passed 6hrs later.

6.kceecool
Applied June 28th
Biometrics July 3rd
Eligibility review 7th September

7. Goldenegg
Online application date: June 28th 2018
Biometrics Completed on July 6th 2018
Upfront medical submitted

8. 123abcclown
Applied June 29th
Biometrics July 3rd
Eligibility review started August 14th

Thanks

Any one of you guys gotten feedback already? Here, I haven't.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by ralfudoh(m): 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2018
123abcclown:

No feedback yet. I've even forgotten I have an application with CIC. When they are ready they will look for me. Work is actually keeping me very busy now.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 29, 2018
123abcclown:

Nothing yet o...still praying and hoping on November

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.