Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (866394 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Labims: 3:27am On Nov 17, 2018
So does this mean a child of 2 years who is an American citizen would not require visa? But will she need to do medicals?
Dewandow:

Study permit for children above 5years old...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 17, 2018
Congratulations Ma. God that did it for you would do it for everyone expectant here. More testimonies are surely coming to this forum and we’re all going forward by God’s Grace. Amen.
Cheers

goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

Long post alert!!!!! (Family application)
I am eternally grateful to God for this Testimony. When I wrote that Jesus did it I meant every word.

I am Goingforward.!!!! Forward only. cool grin smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 17, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Have you lived in New Zealand or simply applied for a visa there? I know they share info, but never seen the actual process it took for this third country information sharing divulged in any gcms notes I have been reading. Apparently it showed in yours?

No sir. I have neither lived in NZ nor have I applied there. It stated error under info sharing in the gcms for New Zealand.
The note written by the VO was
‘This error cannot be fixed. Please do not resubmit the info request and continue with processing the application’
I think this was an instruction written to those in maybe the info sharing department. This is what caused a delay in my application because they refused to continue processing the app as they were waiting for a feedback from NZ to rectify the error.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Babanla2k: 9:00am On Nov 17, 2018
Please guys I really need your help, I have submitted my Canada visa application, it's now updated and locked but I want to merge another document to my application. Is there any other way to attach another document after?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Babanla2k: 9:02am On Nov 17, 2018
Pls guys who knows about diamond Bank sending your statement of account directly to the embassy, and pls how do they do this??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by reichwolf: 9:34am On Nov 17, 2018
People travelling during this period for the January Winter start please post pictures of your trip and brief us a little about your experiences. It might help someone who knows.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Adegbideen: 10:42am On Nov 17, 2018
Fram:
I linked my application last week Friday.

Sorry, when in September did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Trizadove: 11:54am On Nov 17, 2018
henricson:

Bro please my younger brother would love to contact you. He is applying for a course based masters on public health in usak but surprisingly getting a supervisor is required. He wants to know how he can write the letter. Thought this was required for only research based masters program.
dear Sir/Ma,
I honestly do not how to search for supervisor as I didn't go through that while I was applying. I suggest he check samples online. I'm sure he will find some useful samples.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 12:00pm On Nov 17, 2018
Babanla2k:
Pls guys who know about diamond Bank sending your statement of account directly to the embassy, and pls how do they do this??

They don’t have to.
You’ve got to give them the Address of the deputy high commission of Canada to Nigeria (Lagos or Abuja).
So... your statement of account and letter of recommendation would be addressed directly to the embassy prior to the address you gave to your bank or rather your bank can get the address themselves in case they know about it.

Bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
What is the solution to July applicants that have been waiting?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by josefaith: 1:01pm On Nov 17, 2018
Awuuga:
What result did you graduate with? If your result is good then go ahead and apply for a Master’s program. I’d like to add that if you have enough funds for application fees you can apply to more than one school just to be on the safe side.

Yes, you can sponsor yourself.

Thanks for your response. I graduated with Second Class Upper Division (4.11). What other Universities can you recommend for me. I do not mind applying for up to four (4) different universities in as much as they offer Economics. Can I use the same letter of reference for all the school I intend apply to?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Coast2Coast: 1:28pm On Nov 17, 2018
I only know of Gtbank through their online internet platform. where the stamped and signed statement of account can be sent to either USA, Canada or United Kingdom Embassies directly. This can help to reduce the numbers of SOA to be scanned and uploaded.
I don't know about diamond bank, but it could be similar. I hope this helps
Babanla2k:
Pls guys who knows about diamond Bank sending your statement of account directly to the embassy, and pls how do they do this??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 1:29pm On Nov 17, 2018
Lagos2canna:
What is the solution to July applicants that have been waiting?

There's no proffer solution yet, peeps have advice those that their application has stayed so long to order for gcms

London VOs have even started ignoring emails
In fact, their online service tools have started having issues, eg webform, feedback form, panel physician search tools which are different from the general site maintenance.
So these guys are really getting queries cause winter is already here after they delayed us from fall term.

My advice to VOs they should just approve every one of us that missed fall term visa cause no be our fault say they experienced higher volumes than normal during the summer months.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 1:36pm On Nov 17, 2018
Trizadove:

dear Sir/Ma,
I honestly do not how to search for supervisor as I didn't go through that while I was applying. I suggest he check samples online. I'm sure he will find some useful samples.

Alright... Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Glowingx: 1:51pm On Nov 17, 2018
Louisanc:

university of Saskatchewan
Have you been able to register for classes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2018
Austacus:

There's no proffer solution yet, peeps have advice those that their application has stayed so long to order for gcms

In fact, their online service tools have started having issues, eg webform, feedback form, panel physician search tools which are different from the general site maintenance.
So these guys are really getting queries cause winter is already here after they delayed us from fall term.

My advice to VOs they should just approve every one of us that missed fall term visa cause no be our fault say they experienced higher volumes than normal during the summer months.

Abi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Awuuga: 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2018
You can check these out:-
Univeristy of Ottawa, Univeristy of British Columbia, York University, University of Toronto.

Do a vivid research on them, check the tuition, location, requirements and program length. If they fall within what you’re looking for then you can apply. Please do not limit your research on just the schools listed, go ahead and search for more schools.

Yes you can use the same reference letters. Each properly addressed to the university you’re applying to.

josefaith:
Thanks for your response. I graduated with Second Class Upper Division (4.11). What other Universities can you recommend for me. I do not mind applying for up to four (4) different universities in as much as they offer Economics. Can I use the same letter of reference for all the school I intend apply to?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 3:35pm On Nov 17, 2018
A colleague's wife applied in the first week of July. Since her school only has a fall entry, she then decided to withdraw her application in the last week of September. Fortunately for her, she got another admission offer for winter 2019 in another university.she then re-applied for a paper route in mid-October. The good news now is that she was called for medical on Thursday 15/11/2018.

She started in her SOP how she applied initially and how she withdrew her application. She expressed her frustration on how she missed her fall 2018 resumption stating that she was already contemplating of applying to Germany with a stress-free and delay free process since she could not wait till Fall 2019 before she got the winter offer.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by zeriod: 4:05pm On Nov 17, 2018
Thanks I am still not getting it, same standard response.

Please may I have your email?

Thanks

quote author=Bdaalman post=72986993]

For the tracking number on VFS website that is the response you will get. So there is no issue.

As for linking online, there is something you are entering wrongly... Carefully check. I had same challenge until I found what was wrong.

I applied 8th October as well [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by zeriod: 4:12pm On Nov 17, 2018
Bdaalman:
n

For the tracking number on VFS website that is the response you will get. So there is no issue.

As for linking online, there is something you are entering wrongly... Carefully check. I had same challenge until I found what was wrong.

I applied 8th October as well

Please what did you notice was wrong.

I have entered everything severally correctly. Would appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lagos2canna: 6:03pm On Nov 17, 2018
Austacus:

Is it still possible for July applicants to withdraw their application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by cychristaa: 6:38pm On Nov 17, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 7:28pm On Nov 17, 2018
aIs it aàad a for July applicants to withdraw their application [/quote]a

You can withdraw at any time and if your application has reached the final stage, they will rather hasten up your application rather than letting you withdraw it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 7:29pm On Nov 17, 2018
aIs it aàad a for July applicants to withdraw their application [/quote]

You can withdraw at any time and if your application has reached the final stage, they will rather hasten up your application rather than letting you withdraw it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Senatorkolade: 7:56pm On Nov 17, 2018
cychristaa:
Hi,

I actually just joined nairaland because of this thread. You guys are so helpful. God bless all of you!

So I have a BSc in industrial chemistry and I just got accepted into U of M for M.Sc food science (Summer). I'm planning on starting my application for a study visa and doing it online. I'm just scared to make any errors. Please is there any advice about whether I should do paper or online, or about any other thing. I know I can read how to go about it on their website but I just want to know form people with experience so I won't rush into it. I'm thinking of doing the online route and they make it look so easy, so I just want to know if there's anything I should note before I start or...

My sponsor is my parents
My mum has about 7m in her account while my dad has about 10m.
Just graduated (haven't gone for NYC)
No travel history
No work history, only 6 months internship
Almost no anything history �

Please, I need your people's help.
The school doesn't defer admission so I have one chance to get it right. I already know that God will do it for me but I also have to do my own part.

PS. I know you've answered all these questions before but please don't insult me, I just want to be sure.

Thanks

Solidify your SOP with reasonable reasons why you want to study the program in Canada and not Nigeria. Also, highlight the economic and social benefits you and your country would gain after completing your program. Demonstrate the lucrativeness of your program in Nigeria. If your internship is related to your program, highlight those skills you have acquired and how the proposed program would boost the skills you have acquired. Then make your home tie strong. Explain the mother-son bond between you and your mother and how your coming back to Nigeria after your program is sacrosanct.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by cychristaa: 8:19pm On Nov 17, 2018
Senatorkolade:

Solidify your SOP with reasonable reasons why you want to study the program in Canada and not Nigeria. Also, highlight the economic and social benefits you and your country would gain after completing your program. Demonstrate the lucrativeness of your program in Nigeria. If your internship is related to your program, highlight those skills you have acquired and how the proposed program would boost the skills you have acquired. Then make your home tie strong. Explain the mother-son bond between you and your mother and how your coming back to Nigeria after your program is sacrosanct.

Thank you so much, I'll do that. Yes my internship was in an FMCG company so I'll try and link it to my reason for the choice of course I'm studying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by josefaith: 9:30pm On Nov 17, 2018
Awuuga:
You can check these out:-
Univeristy of Ottawa, Univeristy of British Columbia, York University, University of Toronto.

Do a vivid research on them, check the tuition, location, requirements and program length. If they fall within what you’re looking for then you can apply. Please do not limit your research on just the schools listed, go ahead and search for more schools.

Yes you can use the same reference letters. Each properly addressed to the university you’re applying to.

Please I can you drop your email address? We need to talk
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2018
Gurus in the house!!!
Please how long does it take to get the first response after application submission. I have not receive any email since I submitted my application 5weeka ago. What do I do? I can’t defer the admission and January is almost here. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Soulpower: 10:34pm On Nov 17, 2018
Having done Biometrics(online-Route), is it advisable to send a request for speedy processing or simply to check the application status? Since January is almost here and my acceptance letter expires them.

Thank's a lot guys, you're all awesome and congrats to the people that got theirs especially the praying mum and her family, your story is inspiring.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sunkanmi562(m): 11:27pm On Nov 17, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
cychristaa:
Hi,

I actually just joined nairaland because of this thread. You guys are so helpful. God bless all of you!

So I have a BSc in industrial chemistry and I just got accepted into U of M for M.Sc food science (Summer). I'm planning on starting my application for study visa and doing it online. I'm just scared to make any errors. Please is there any advice about whether I should do paper or online, or about any other thing. I know I can read how to go about it on their website but I just want to know form people with experience so I wont rush into it. I'm thinking of doing the online route and they make it look so easy, so I just want to know if there's anything I should note before I start or...

My sponsor is my parents
My mum has about 7m in her account while my dad has about 10m.
Just graduated (haven't gone for nysc)
No travel history
No work history, only 6 months internship
Almost no anything history �

Please I need you people's help.
The school doesn't defer admission so I have one chance to get it right. I already know that God will do it for me but I also have to do my own part.

PS. I know you've answered all these questions before but please don't insult me, I just want to be sure.

Thanks
Pls can u put ne through your admission process i would love a feed back as soon as possible
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austinpee4: 12:36am On Nov 18, 2018
@goingforward

I'm happy for you and your family. Massive congratulations to you and yours.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 7:32am On Nov 18, 2018
happy Sunday

Can I order for gcms note without UCI (unique client identifier)?
The person went through paper route and UCI wasn't included in the application only student number.
Please someone should help me with this

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (546)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.