Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! (70077 Views)

World's Most Powerful Passport: Singapore Overtakes Japan, Nigeria ranks 90th / How To Know If My Nigerian Passport Is Ready / Japanese Passport Is World's Most Powerful Passport, Tops List Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Tats(m): 4:46pm On Oct 10, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

There is diff btw Visa on arrival and Visa free, what we had with Taz before it was stopped was Visa on Arrival, so the number of Visa free we enjoyed with any nations still remains the same.
The list is in respect to Visa free nation

I don't believe that the list is in respect of Visa free only. It includes Visa on Arrival. British citizens get visa on arrival to Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Cape Verde, Laos, Lebanon, Egypt, etc and those are part of this list. I have checked the list for UK on Henley's site.
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by OlujobaSamuel: 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2018
Tats:

I don't believe that the list is in respect of Visa free only. It includes Visa on Arrival. British citizens get visa on arrival to Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Cape Verde, Laos, Lebanon, Egypt, etc and those are part of this list. I have checked the list for UK on Henley's site.
Okay. Will also try check. Thanks
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Tats(m): 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2018
Having both UK and Nigerian passports, one can visit more than the 186 countries which only a UK passport entitles visa free.
Nigerian passport is visa free/visa on arrival to Iran, Cameroon, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Chad, etc and UK passport is not, so making a total of more than 190 countries visa free or visa on arrival if you have both passports. grin
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Tats(m): 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

Okay. Will also try check. Thanks

You are welcome smiley
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by MrI2015(m): 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2018
What of green, white and green passport? Which criteria did they use to arrive on this?
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by drakeli: 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2018
Sleekfingers:

Go and read your history. They were on the same ship...are you telling me . They were not aware?

I know history of slavery like the back of my hands. Slavery was perpetrated by European big wigs, elite and business men (slave merchants) and not missionaries. Missionaries were not on slave ships. Seriously, on slave ships for what purpose?

On whether the missionaries in Europe were aware of the enslavement of Africans. Of course they were aware, the same way all the pastors and imams are aware of what corrupt individuals, politicians, business people and government officials are doing to the country and perpetrating all sort of evil and they have no control over it.
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by kerry57: 5:18pm On Oct 10, 2018
Who u dey go find for Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria? Do u want to quickly join ur ancestors?

1 Like

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by planetx: 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2018
abbey621:
Hahaha I laugh in Swahili.....Bring your Japanese passport without a visa to the port of entry at Hartsfield Jackson or JFK and see what happens grin grin grin grin
Nothing will happen but allowed entry, there is like 30+ countries that are allowed Visa free entry into the US mainly Western European countries including Japan.
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by abbey621(m): 6:10pm On Oct 10, 2018
planetx:
Nothing will happen but allowed entry, there is like 30+ countries that are allowed Visa free entry into the US mainly Western European countries including Japan.

That's with the visa waiver program which requires ETSA authorization, I'm talking about just getting on a plane and presenting your Japanese passport at the port of entry.
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Gerrard59(m): 6:16pm On Oct 10, 2018
FemdomMistress:
I LOVE JAPAN AND KOREA

Korea has a large number of Christians, I think one of the highest in North East Asia. The majority of Japanese are Shintos not atheists.

@Topic: Considering the fact that Malaysia and Singapore were at the same level with Nigeria during the '60s, it's quite unfortunate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by holluwai(m): 6:19pm On Oct 10, 2018
Time will tell, one the problems they’ll have is language but there has been a large inflow of foreign students there and that has been causing them to speak more English. It is a well developed country.

icogb:
Yea... Very civilised country but I doubt if dey'ld be able to overtake USA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by charming1111(m): 6:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
basty:
GOD help Nigeria. No condition is permanent. I am not bothered, Nigeria is passing through a phase which is temporary.

Nigeria will rise again.
WHEN?

2 Likes

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by MajorQuest: 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2018
cool
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Peaceyw(m): 9:28pm On Oct 10, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Lies. UK is number one followed by US

some people can never have sense, even after reading the topic, u are so stupid, even ur stupidity is stupid
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by greenprince(m): 10:02pm On Oct 10, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Lies. UK is number one followed by US

..and how do you prove that with the many political rivals these countries have.
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by tevinsolt: 10:29pm On Oct 10, 2018
genternity:

Late Proff. momoh,once said that the major problem of African is the Infriority complex they hav towards themselves,
African leaders always hav this belief that they can't do anything without the help from west.
But it is purely lies because development has to with Culture,moral aspects,4 u to develop it must follows culture and moral value of the people

Africa hasn't caught up with the world because for the most part, Africa continues to romanticize archaic cultural and moral practices. Contrary to what you or anyone might tell me.

A brief look into Global history would show you that Japan took in a lot of western influence while preserving the good bit of their tradition.
Another example is Singapore, and South Korea [Nigeria started better off] they were heavily influenced by western interference and Nigeria can't be mentioned alongside them in terms of prosperity, Education, infrastructure and so on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Gmajor(m): 1:24am On Oct 11, 2018
genternity:
The reason why i like Japan is that they keep hold of their culture during industry evolution after the trauma they suffer after the second world war,they don't suffer inferiority complex during industry evolution.

The reason why African countries wil never develop is because they like coping western culture
This doesn't make sense
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by OyinO: 3:05am On Oct 11, 2018
genternity:
The reason why i like Japan is that they keep hold of their culture during industry evolution after the trauma they suffer after the second world war,they don't suffer inferiority complex during industry evolution.

The reason why African countries wil never develop is because they like coping western culture

100% on point!
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by gabbytabby: 5:54am On Oct 11, 2018
sirusX:
No be Naija again...we suppose be number 1

That passport would put fear in the heart of any foreigner or any embassy it's displayed...now that's power

I like your sense of humour Jo. grin grin . It definitely won't be business as usual they will sit up straight and look you in the eye. Powerful.

1 Like

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 11, 2018
genternity:

Specifically Nigeria. We ridicule other African countries that practice their own culture and call them stupid and primitive . We are one of the most " religious " countries, translation...backwards . Look at countries like South Africa and Botswana, they value their own cultures ,and languages but continue to develop and better themselves. But we on the other hand have our main language as the colonizers language, our main religions are from outside Africa; Christianity and Islam and we expect not to be ridiculed all over the world as the biggest black nation without any pride lipsrsealed. No one respects weak people my friend .

1 Like

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 11, 2018
oluwasegun007:
IT BECAUSE THEY DON'T LEAVE THEIR COUNTRY, WE ARE LEADING FROM BEHIND.

Exactly bro. How many Japanese care about moving to America or the UK?. But we have millions of Nigerians who would kill to be shipped as slaves to these countries.

1 Like

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 11, 2018
Kerry111:
Where is Nigerian passport....? If I no see am that means De rig am

True grin grin grin
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 11, 2018
Sleekfingers:

Africa will never develop...because of these two useless religions....Islam and Christianity....as a matter of fact we don't like ourselves......we prefer foreign languages....

Don't say Africa, perhaps many African countries prefer foreign languages. Tanzania , Kenya, South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland to name some , made their own languages official languages. When will we get there, diversity is not a problem because most of these countries are as diverse as us if not more . Remember they also have race on top.of religion and tribes.
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 11, 2018
Mutemenot:
The question should be how many Japanese travel out annually ? Most of the well doing Asian countries do not travel, e.g. Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore, Japan e.t.c. so giving them free visa to the world won't even help, they are good living within themselves .. try such free visa with philippines and see how they devour the world

grin grin true bro. Even in Africa, who would you rather let in without visa; people from botswana , Namibia South Africa, Gabon, Mauritius , Seychelles or

Nigeria , Niger republic, Congo, Somalia, Mali etc ? grin. Bros , people love to associate themselves with progress not regress .
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Taofeekdboy(m): 6:59am On Oct 11, 2018
Runalong333:

Don't say Africa, perhaps many African countries prefer foreign languages. Tanzania , Kenya, South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland to name some , made their own languages official languages. When will we get there, diversity is not a problem because most of these countries are as diverse as us if not more . Remember they also have race on top.of religion and tribes.
I will like to disagree with you on this, those countries you mentioned speak same language or majority of them speak the same language, take SA for example, majority speak Afrikaans and Swahili, same goes for Kenya, Zimbabwe and Botswana but Nigeria on the other hand, we have 3 major tribes in which we speak different language, so which language will they use as official language? Don’t let our hatred for Nigeria becloud our sense of reasoning. Blame this on the colonizers who merged three different tribes together because of their profits.
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 11, 2018
Taofeekdboy:
I will like to disagree with you on this, those countries you mentioned speak same language or majority of them speak the same language, take SA for example, majority speak Afrikaans and Swahili, same goes for Kenya, Zimbabwe and Botswana but Nigeria on the other hand, we have 3 major tribes in which we speak different language, so which language will they use as official language? Don’t let our hatred for Nigeria becloud our sense of reasoning. Blame this on the colonizers who merged three different tribes together because of their profits.

Don't let your clueleseness blind you from reality. Majority of South Africans speak what? grin. The most spoken languages in south Africa are Zulu, xhosa , sotho ,. South Africa has eleven official languages, meaning they use their indigenous languages literature, school and business. Swahili is not a South African language my guy grin. Tanzania was smart enough to make Swahili their main language to unite all tribes , not make the stupid decision of sticking with a colonial language like we did .you think the colonizers didn't put different nations there together like they did us ? undecided. They did, but they refused the divide and conquer that we have accepted as a norm ,hence all tribes live peacefully unlike our nation. Zimbabweans speak Shona and ndebele, where are you getting this info from my guy ?. You are asking which language should be official when South Africans live in peace with 11? undecided. We're we the only ones colonised ,? Why can't we move away from.their setup and do what others do to change this crap called a country ?

1 Like

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by icogb: 7:48am On Oct 11, 2018
Sleekfingers:

Go and read your history. They were on the same ship...are you telling me . They were not aware?
Ha! Oga, tis you dat dnt knw history o.
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by icogb: 7:53am On Oct 11, 2018
tevinsolt:

Africa hasn't caught up with the world because for the most part, Africa continues to romanticize archaic cultural and moral practices. Contrary to what you or anyone might tell me.

A brief look into Global history would show you that Japan took in a lot of western influence while preserving the good bit of their tradition.
Another example is Singapore, and South Korea [Nigeria started better off] they were heavily influenced by western interference and Nigeria can't be mentioned alongside them in terms of prosperity, Education, infrastructure and so on.
Thank you for dis. At least, some pple knw history.
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Taofeekdboy(m): 8:24am On Oct 11, 2018
Runalong333:

Don't let your clueleseness blind you from reality. Majority of South Africans speak what? grin. The most spoken languages in south Africa are Zulu, xhosa , sotho ,. South Africa has eleven official languages, meaning they use their indigenous languages literature, school and business. Swahili is not a South African language my guy grin. Tanzania was smart enough to make Swahili their main language to unite all tribes , not make the stupid decision of sticking with a colonial language like we did .you think the colonizers didn't put different nations there together like they did us ? undecided. They did, but they refused the divide and conquer that we have accepted as a norm ,hence all tribes live peacefully unlike our nation. Zimbabweans speak Shona and ndebele, where are you getting this info from my guy ?. You are asking which language should be official when South Africans live in peace with 11? undecided. We're we the only ones colonised ,? Why can't we move away from.their setup and do what others do to change this crap called a country ?
you re the clueness one here bro, you think making Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo official language will make any difference? SA you are talking about, most of their citizens know to speak majority of the languages there and can communicate very well in any of the language they chose. Majority of the East African countries speak Swahili such as Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania. Nigeria setting is different from all those countries, the tribes in Nigeria is like a country on their own and the huge mistake was joining them together to be one.
Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 11, 2018
Taofeekdboy:
you re the clueness one here bro, you think making Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo official language will make any difference? SA you are talking about, most of their citizens know to speak majority of the languages there and can communicate very well in any of the language they chose. Majority of the East African countries speak Swahili such as Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania. Nigeria setting is different from all those countries, the tribes in Nigeria is like a country on their own and the huge mistake was joining them together to be one.

You cluelessly claimed most South Africans speak Afrikaans and schooled you, now you are turning around claiming they are multi lingual grin. Bros , do you think they are multi lingual by God's grace or they decided to put effort in learning each other's cultures and languages ? If we don't learn to work together we will remain slaves to foreign languages and religions. South Africans have embraced each other's cultures and foreign religions don't dictate to them how they view each other as they do us. East Africans decided to use Swahili , a common African language in their region , this does not mean they don't have their own respective languages but they decided not to be petty for a common good , we are still backward in thinking progressively my friend. How is Nigeria different? . In South Africa each province/ state has it's dominant language as Nigeria does . In kzn they mostly speak Zulu, in free state Sotho, In western cape xhosa etc but this has not stopped them from uniting. Nigeria setting is no different but the pettiness of the citizens is the difference.

1 Like

Re: The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! by icogb: 8:57am On Oct 11, 2018
Taofeekdboy:
True. Moreso, those languages re not their official languages after English language nd tis even so bc South African natives re mostly illiterates at least before their independence (and even till now) compared to Nigeria before independence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / The Interchange Julius Beger Is Constructing In Obosi, Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.