Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,058 members, 7,866,994 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:20 AM

Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? (13507 Views)

You Should Respect And Appreciate Your Woman More / Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? / Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Rheinmetal(m): 5:17pm On Jul 15, 2010
@ Stillwater,

Are you onto me now? Do you presume I'm not a Christian because I do not model my life after some baseless Mosaic Laws but on the empirical teachings of Christ as espoused in his Golden Rule "Love your Neighbour as yourself"?

My dear Ms. Stillwater, if being Christian to you means I should throw the Bible at everything, then I'm not your type of Christian.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 5:26pm On Jul 15, 2010
Rheinmetal:

@ Stillwater,

Are you onto me now? Do you presume I'm not a Christian because I do not model my life after some baseless Mosaic Laws but on the empirical teachings of Christ as espoused in his Golden Rule "Love your Neighbour as yourself"?

My dear Ms. Stillwater, if being Christian to you means I should throw the Bible at everything, then I'm not your type of Christian.

You don't know Stillwater . . .

She can trivialise anything, today is one of her better days grin grin
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by chiogo(f): 5:44pm On Jul 15, 2010
Rheinmetal:

@Chiogo,

Marriage in its purest form is an iron-clad agreement with no escape clause.

It doesn't matter who breached it first or last. You want to remedy infidelity in marriage, try forgiveness, the Bible recommends infinite forgiveness.
So, what if the infidelity becomes incessant? You keep forgiving because you went into an iron-clad agreement(more like bondage) called marriage?

The bible recommends forgiveness but one also has the option of divorce. What's so hard to get? And how come you're bringing the bible into it now? Oh yea, people use the bible to justify anything. Okie-dokie!
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by deniyor: 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2010
how did this become a religious argument. When it comes to religion, there is no point arguing, people just stick to their guns.
This thread is about why Men find it more difficult to accept infidelity and not if divorce is biblical or not
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by chiogo(f): 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2010
deniyor:

how did this become a religious argument. When it comes to religion, there is no point arguing, people just stick to their guns.
This thread is about why Men find it more difficult to accept infidelity and not if divorce is biblical or not
I know, right? It turned into a religious argument because ONE poster stated why she won't tolerate a cheating husband using the bible. That was her personal belief, she never enforced it on anyone so I don't know why people are trying to kill themselves over it.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2010
chiogo:

So, what if the infidelity becomes incessant? You keep forgiving because you went into an iron-clad agreement(more like bondage) called marriage?

The bible recommends forgiveness but one also has the option of divorce. What's so hard to get? And how come you're bringing the bible into it now? Oh yea, people use the bible to justify anything. Okie-dokie!

Forgiveness is not a choice.

Why am I using the Bible?? I'm not.
I actually do support divorce in these cases (refer to my first post) . . . but when you use the Bible to support your already biased view, it makes a mockery of Christianity.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Sauron1: 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2010
eldee:

Forgiveness is not a choice.

I actually do support divorce in these cases (refer to my first post) . . . but when you use the Bible to support your already biased view, it makes a mockery of Christianity.

God detests divorce. . . . .
All divorcees would be pitching their tents with Satan himself.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 6:26pm On Jul 15, 2010
~Sauron~:

God detests divorce. . . . .
All divorcees would be pitching their tents with Satan himself.

I know that man . . . but God also detest my fornication, greed, drinking and many other things.
I'm not exactly the poster-boy for Christianity, forget my good looks. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by chiogo(f): 6:27pm On Jul 15, 2010
eldee:

Forgiveness is not  a choice.

My response was to Rheinmental not you.

I know people use the bible to justify a lot of things especially when it comes to sexism. Happens all the time on nairaland, which is really annoying. But when that poster(Theblessed) made her comment and used the bible to back up her point about infidelity, I don't think you can fault her since religion or not, it's an immoral act. My grouch would be with people who use the bible to support or renounce an act that has no basis of justification outside religious beliefs. Infidelity is really simple not rocket science to know it's wrong. If she chooses to use religion here, doesn't matter since the act is still wrong from whatever angle you choose to look at it.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Sauron1: 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2010
eldee:

I know that man . . . but God also detest my fornication, greed, drinking and many other things.
I'm not exactly the poster-boy for Christianity, forget my good looks. cheesy cheesy

Not as much as HE detests DIVORCE. . . . .
This is why LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF surpasses the whole 10 commandments as a whole.
If you love your partner like yourself, you won't go for divorce. . . . .If you love her, you are expected to forgive her 77 X 77 times.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 6:51pm On Jul 15, 2010
~Sauron~:

Not as much as HE detests DIVORCE. . . . .
This is why LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF surpasses the whole 10 commandments as a whole.
If you love your partner like yourself, you won't go for divorce. . . . .If you love her, you are expected to forgive her 77 X 77 times.

Thing is, when I commit other sins, I'm not showing love to my neighbour.
E.g when I lead a chic on just to get in her bed, I'm not loving my neighbour as myself.
I don't see why I should be selective with what section I obey in the Bible.

chiogo:

My response was to Rheinmental not you.

I know people use the bible to justify a lot of things especially when it comes to sexism. Happens all the time on nairaland, which is really annoying. But when that poster(Theblessed) made her comment and used the bible to back up her point about infidelity, I don't think you can fault her since religion or not, it's an immoral act. My grouch would be with people who use the bible to support or renounce an act that has no basis of justification outside religious beliefs. Infidelity is really simple not rocket science to know it's wrong. If she chooses to use religion here, doesn't matter since the act is still wrong from whatever angle you choose to look at it.

I was the one that first went against the application of Religion to this argument so I assumed that you were referring to me.
Besides we're not contesting the wrongness or otherwise of infidelity, the discussion has shifted to divorce.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Sauron1: 6:57pm On Jul 15, 2010
eldee:

Thing is, when I commit other sins, I'm not showing love to my neighbour.
E.g when I lead a chic on just to get in her bed, I'm not loving my neighbour as myself.
I don't see why I should be selective with what section I obey in the Bible.

The fuckin irony. . . . .
You are leading a chic on just to get her in bed so you can MAKE LOVE to her and you are not loving her as yourself.
How do you make love to someone without loving? grin grin grin grin

Eldee, that was the wrongest example you coulda pulled up.
Try again. grin
U don enter ma wahala today. cheesy grin
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 7:07pm On Jul 15, 2010
~Sauron~:

The fuckin irony. . . . .
You are leading a chic on just to get her in bed so you can MAKE LOVE to her and you are not loving her as yourself.
How do you make love to someone without loving? grin grin grin grin

Eldee, that was the wrongest example you coulda pulled up.
Try again. grin
U don enter ma wahala today. cheesy grin

Hehehe . . . but when I leave her after enjoying the making love even though I know she'll be heartbroken, that's not loving my neighbour as myself. grin grin
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by follypimpi(m): 7:11pm On Jul 15, 2010
eldee:

Hehehe . . . but when I leave her after enjoying the making love even though I know she'll be heartbroken, that's not loving my neighbour as myself. grin grin

Of course not ,U kolo i swear.Werin dey Boss ?
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 15, 2010
A lot of the "bible-based" arguments here are just mind-boggling, there is need for "christians" to go grab a bible and read it first before coming here to argue pointlessly.

Eldee says . . .

How can you say 'explicitly' and 'allowed' in one breath??
Isn't that conflicting??

Conflicting only to those of you who have a shallow knowledge of the bible. Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Based on this verse (and many others i will not bother to quote here) . . . we know God has a PERFECT will, a GOOD will and an ACCEPTABLE will. Its more like the grade system we used in school . . . even though you all "passed" . . . there are some who scored an A, some scored a B and some just barely made an E by the skin of their teeth. But all graduate no?

In the case of divorce . . . the PERFECT will of God is stated clearly in Mal 2: 16 For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.

For this cause the pharisees came to ask Jesus whether it was ok to divorce a woman . . . Christ specifically restated the PERFECT will of God for marriage - Matthew 19: 5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Similar to the folks here who think constantly questioning the veracity of the bible is synonymous to being intelligent . . . the pharisees asked again - if that was God's perfect plan then why did Moses institute the divorce rule in Deut 24:1?

Then said Jesus - Matthew 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Divorce was never God's intention from the begining. When he created Eve, he didnt make a spare husband for her just in case she opted for divorce. However knowing the depraved state of man's heart . . . God chose to ALLOW a loophole - i.e. divorce BUT ONLY in the event of irreconcilable adultery from one party (matthew 19:9).

So while God EXPLICITLY hates divorce, he grudgingly allowed it to accomodate man's imperfection.

So what exactly is conflicting with using "explicitly" and "allowed" in the same sentence? The problem here seems to be your own poor understanding of your scriptures.

The same Bible goes recorded Jesus rejecting divorce in Mark 10 without any reference to adultery.

Because Mark didnt record it. Please read Matthews own account where Christ did make reference to adultery. Matthew 19.

That's why I don't want to bring in the Bible in cases that should be settled using basic human reasoning.

Many of you would do well to just stick with basic human reasoning.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 15, 2010
Rheinmetal:

No one is "scouting" against the Bible, but against using the Bible to justify divorce.

Infidelity is a moral vice, no doubt and an infringement of marital vows, but so is divorce.

no dont get it wrong. No one is using the bible to justify divorce, simply stating that divorce is allowed in the bible under only one condition. Also stating that even that condition is NOT God's perfect will. God would rather you forgive your spouse and continue in the marriage.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 7:26pm On Jul 15, 2010
follypimpi:

Of course not ,U kolo i swear.Werin dey Boss ?

Abi . . . help me tell that to Jackal. grin grin

I'm gud man . . .How are the B-town chics treating you??
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by follypimpi(m): 7:31pm On Jul 15, 2010
eldee:

Abi . . . help me tell that to Jackal. grin grin

I'm gud man . . .How are the B-town chics treating you??

B-town is always showing me love now.How ur endz now ??

You shld knw by now Sauron won't back down.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2010
davidylan:

Eldee says . . .

Conflicting only to those of you who have a shallow knowledge of the bible. Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Based on this verse (and many others i will not bother to quote here) . . . we know God has a PERFECT will, a GOOD will and an ACCEPTABLE will. Its more like the grade system we used in school . . . even though you all "passed" . . . there are some who scored an A, some scored a B and some just barely made an E by the skin of their teeth. But all graduate no?

Don't Pastor Chris me homie . . . that part you quoted all qualified the will, not wills of God in different aspects.
You say it like 'good, acceptable and perfect' are a comparative adjectives . . . hell the eff no. It's not 'good, better, best'.
All of them in that verse are inseparable . . . and they are all there for emphasis.

That verse does not count.

As I said, divorce is not the will of God . . . Moses allowed it and by so doing, people went against God's will, which we are not to do as Christians. He answered them, "What did MOSES command you?" They said, "MOSES allowed a man to write a certificate of divorce, and to put her away." But Jesus said to them, "For your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment." Mark 10:5 RSV

It is disobedience, God told us his will in Mal 2:16.

That said, we go to the case of forgiveness . . . if you agree that forgiveness is one major modification that Jesus made to the Mosaic laws (Matt 18:21), then you'll have to agree that it is impossible to be a Christian without forgiving your wife, even for the sin of adultery.

So if the forgiveness contract is what we sign everyday in our contract as Christians in the Lord's Prayer, how can you come out and say you're a Christian if you've not forgiven your cheating spouse??

davidylan:

Because Mark didnt record it. Please read Matthews own account where Christ did make reference to adultery. Matthew 19.

Many of you would do well to just stick with basic human reasoning.

Oh . . . Luke doesn't record anything about adultery either, even when Jesus was talking about divorce.

You will do much better if you didn't read your own interpretations into the scriptures.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by dayokanu(m): 8:30pm On Jul 15, 2010
Whats going on here?

I saw the topic and thought we would get some hard core action with pictures of people caught in the act but I ran into a seminary. Haba ppl relax jare wetin consign bible inside dick and pussy matter
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 8:33pm On Jul 15, 2010
dayokanu:

Whats going on here?

I saw the topic and thought we would get some hard core action with pictures of people caught in the act but I ran into a seminary. Haba ppl relax jare wetin consign bible inside manliness and kitty matter

Na wetin I don dey talk since before all these Pastors carry PhD Theology come dey analyse prick and kitten matter. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2010
stillwater:

^^^^You grab statistics from the air and you write 'factual' in that eulogy of yours? grin What a perfect disgrace to all things logical! What were you doing while your mates were in school. . .playing with your willy? grin

what is this bi.t.c.h in heat yapping about 'statistics in the air? You wouldnt know 'logical' even if it bit you in the backside. So in your filthy mind there are more women footing men's bills than vice-versa? That's 'logical' to you? If u were pure Dutch I'd have excused you a tiny bit; but coming from a graspingly rapacious Naija love-peddler like you. . .I can only confirm what I already know about y'all.

You can keep trying to sound like a smart-a.s s all you want. . .it wouldn't tighten your irreparably slack cash-cow, so what's the point?
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by dayokanu(m): 9:08pm On Jul 15, 2010
Holy Moses!!!

Na people wey quote bible just now dey yarn, Willy, bi.t.ch, Kitty and prick.

Gawd have Messi
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by mamagee3(f): 9:18pm On Jul 15, 2010
^^It's mercy not "messi", please. grin grin
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Theblessed(f): 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2010
bawomolo:

I doubt anyone respect anyone who cheats for revenge. you would get sympathy but not much respect

this is only applicable if you are the owner of the property.  you can't kick him out if it's join ownership or the house is his.

Yes, like a flash of light he's gone!  I won't have my children watching the ensuing  'Drama' under this roof and get abused as a result, ok!!  No, they won't watch it, he's gone for good!!! cool cool cool
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by dayokanu(m): 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2010
mama-gee:

^^It's mercy not "messi", please. grin grin

My bad I thought it was menses cheesy
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by mamagee3(f): 9:36pm On Jul 15, 2010
dayokanu:

My bad I thought it was menses cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by dayokanu(m): 9:39pm On Jul 15, 2010
Oya na, Weekend for Corpus to corpulate

I wan chop octoPUSSY
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by bawomolo(m): 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2010
Theblessed:

Yes, like a flash of light he's gone!  I won't have my children watching the ensuing  'Drama' under this roof and get abused as a result, ok!!  No, they won't watch it, he's gone for good!!! cool cool cool

but what if its oga that owns the house cool
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by chiogo(f): 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2010
bawomolo:

but what if its oga that owns the house cool
In America, don't the women get the house? Whether or not the man owns it.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by dayokanu(m): 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2010
chiogo:

In America, don't the women get the house? Whether or not the man owns it.

Ehn ehn, Best thing never buy a house. Live in an apartment build your house in Naija
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Akobaje: 10:34pm On Jul 15, 2010
I saw the topic and thought we would get some hard core action with pictures of people caught in the act but I ran into a seminary. Haba ppl relax jare wetin consign bible inside manliness and kitty matter

I wondered too. Does anybody really remember what the Bible says when they are cheating or when they catch their partner cheating? Divorce is wrong , blah blah! For better for worse indeed!

I think its more painful when a professed Christian born again woman is caught cheating. That I can never understand. It's not that I think born again Christians are saints, I just dont understand how you can engage in certain acts when you are discussing religion or the bible or something spiritual. Can anyone explain to me?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

TIME OUT With Naijaboiy And Jennimma - Mr. & Miss NL (live Interview) / Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Ugly ? / Twitter On Fire As Lady Shares Her Best Sèx Position (photos) Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.