Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,157 members, 7,953,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:03 PM

The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" (63167 Views)

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:10am On Nov 18, 2018
More rooms........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:12am On Nov 18, 2018
Opening windows. ........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:13am On Nov 18, 2018
We shall continue tomorrow. .......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Harryfrosh: 8:50am On Nov 18, 2018
The foundation of dis house is very solid... Thumb up for the good work
Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Salore(m): 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2018
Oga spyder my mentor. thumbs up for a job well done. pls sir I would love to ask the reason why the ground beam u did is only limited to some part of the foundation from what I saw from the pictures instead of a plinth beam to connect all columns in the foundation floor cos I presume the terrain were the foundation is sitting on is a bit water logged which might lead to a differential settlement at a long run if not done. I will need ur prof advice sir.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2018
Salore:
Oga spyder my mentor. thumbs up for a job well done. pls sir I would love to ask the reason why the ground beam u did is only limited to some part of the foundation from what I saw from the pictures instead of a plinth beam to connect all columns in the foundation floor cos I presume the terrain were the foundation is sitting on is a bit water logged which might lead to a differential settlement at a long run if not done. I will need ur prof advice sir.

The land is not waterlogged in anyway. This is dry ground with no risk of being swamped. The reason why we did this ground beam in some sections of the foundation was because that area is lying so low in comparison to the other parts of the foundation, their's the issue of more weight owing to the fact that there might be up to 1.8 meters of foundation filling, blocks and top beam on that section while the rest of the foundation is normal height. The land is very sloped to the front left.
While testing the land before we started work, I came out with the impression that the ground at that area of the land has some presence of ground water. That was the reason for the ground beam which connects from column to column in the affected areas only.
We took a lot of measures to prevent any possible problems in the foundation.

Welcome Sir.

10 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by ChimaAdeoye: 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2018
spyder880:

The land is not waterlogged in anyway. This is dry ground with no risk of being swamped. The reason why we did this ground beam in some sections of the foundation was because that area is lying so low in comparison to the other parts of the foundation, their's the issue of more weight owing to the fact that there might be up to 1.8 meters of foundation filling, blocks and top beam on that section while the rest of the foundation is normal height. The land is very sloped to the front left.
While testing the land before we started work, I came out with the impression that the ground at that area of the land has some presence of ground water. That was the reason for the ground beam which connects from column to column in the affected areas only.

Welcome Sir.

Excellent Oga Spyder!

I love when foundations are made high enough the there is always very little chance of the house ever getting flooded even when the street is flooded. Many houses built before the street becomes tarred are not elevated enough. So in the future when the road becomes tarred, the sand filling of the road before tarring elevates the street higher or at same lever with the foundation. Unless very deep gutter systems exist, every little rain gets those houses flooded.

i know a particular great mansion that the owner finally had to build a long gutter system for the entire street just to save his house and compound from flooding at the slightest rainfall.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by fakati(m): 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
spyder880:
We increased the quantities, over a thousand blocks now...........
These your block makers na ebano the moulder is beautiful and the thickness is okay
Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by fakati(m): 4:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
@spyder your concrete looks so pure

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by fakati(m): 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2018
Takoro13:

I went to visit one of my friend site and saw them making 40 blks of 9" and 50 of 6" from one bag. And the funny part of it is to me the blks look strong. What is your decision on this

There a type of sand you can mould 50 9"and 60 6" with proper mixing and watering and will still be very strong.
Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by NL1960: 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2018
spyder880:

Still same at about N2500, depending on the style chosen.

N2500?. I was given a quote of N3700.
Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Salore(m): 10:47am On Nov 19, 2018
spyder880:

Welcome Sir.
nice explanation sir.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2018
Pictures from the back and side of this house. ......

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
The kitchen. ....

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 3:48pm On Nov 19, 2018
Walls rising steadily. .......

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2018
More.......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2018
As we bring in more materials, work is going on.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 8:14am On Nov 21, 2018

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 8:14am On Nov 21, 2018
Lintel reinforcement

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 8:15am On Nov 21, 2018
Still struggling with the Chippings 'cabal' cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 8:18am On Nov 21, 2018
Front column works continue. .......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 3:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
Updates from today's work. Columns, lintels on the ground floor walls......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Takoro13(m): 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2018
spyder880:
Updates from today's work. Columns, lintels on the ground floor walls......
Grateful to God
Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 2:00pm On Nov 22, 2018
The lintels and columns. ........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 10:20am On Nov 24, 2018
The changing looks of this beautiful building. .....

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 10:22am On Nov 24, 2018
Front and sides . .....

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 10:26am On Nov 24, 2018
Lintel form works.......

We're already buying bamboos for the decking slab........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 10:30am On Nov 24, 2018
Concrete cast........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 10:33am On Nov 24, 2018
Laying blocks on the lintels ........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2018
Updates this evening. .....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2018
More work going on as we get ready for the decking .......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" by naunasabi: 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2018
oga spyder I know that this thread is for building abeg I need your help. I am looking for where to get a plot of land in Enugu, somewhere that someone can build and live in. Not the buy and wait till people start moving into the area. It is kind of urgent for me and my pocket no too deep like that ooh. With your experience do you think I can get somewhere reasonable in the neighborhood of 1.5 to 2m ? Which area?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) / Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. / Nigerian Guy Shows Off His Neatly Furnished 1-room Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.