Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,885 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process (102665 Views)

Australian Sponsorship Visa Issue. / Spouse - Family Travel - Spouse Domestic Abuse Route. / Help: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by aestake: 10:56pm On Dec 26, 2022
Lemonmint1:
Good day, I am gathering documents to submit spousal sponsorship application (outland) , please can anyone guide on who is required to write letter of explanation solely for the application ( how we met/context of relationship)? Sponsor only or both sponsor and applicant? Also is letter of explanation mandatory to be Included ?
Anyone can write it. I am the PA and wrote it with my spouse's input of course. If you have reasons to straighten gray areas, make use of the LOE.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by aestake: 10:58pm On Dec 26, 2022
fejisamson:
Compliment of the season...... I got pre arrival 22nd December, ppr 23rd..... I'm gathering everything i need for submission, I was going through previous pages someone made mention of filling page 2 of a CVAC form, I don't have it, how do I get it
Congratulations! We got remedical passed that day. Now is the PPR mail that is being awaited. Every other thing has been gotten and seen. No checklist from VFS?
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by aestake: 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2022
Does one still have to get IRCC fresh 2passport photos after PPR?
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Lovelyeyeballs: 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
aestake:
Does one still have to get IRCC fresh 2passport photos after PPR?

I did to be on the safe side as the photo I initially submitted just clocked 6 months.

The requirement is that the photo should not be more than 6 months from the date you receive ppr.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by aestake: 10:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
Lovelyeyeballs:

I did to be on the safe side as the photo I initially submitted just clocked 6 months.

The requirement is that the photo should not be more than 6 months from the date you receive ppr.
Merci. Did you do vsf Nigeria or Accra? We're getting set as we expect that mail any day now.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Lovelyeyeballs: 8:55am On Jan 03, 2023
aestake:

Merci. Did you do vsf Nigeria or Accra? We're getting set as we expect that mail any day now.

I did VFS Nigeria. I submitted passport in Lagos Vfs. I am not in a hurry to travel so I am willing to risk the long wait time for passport return. Hopefully, it's not longer than 4 weeks Lol...
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by cooooooks(m): 12:25pm On Jan 03, 2023
Yes. Did so through ezylinkage.com

Used it to apply for my PR

Adetee10:
Hello everyone, please is it possible to get a Police character certificate from Nigeria without being available in person? Already in Canada as a visitor and applying for an inland spousal sponsorship and i am requested to submit PCC.
OR is it possible to use the last one i did, which already expired since May and attach a letter of explanation to explain why i can't get a new one done?

Also can i use a sworn declaration of age in place of a birth certificate and also attach a letter of explanation?
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by aestake: 3:38pm On Jan 03, 2023
Lovelyeyeballs:

I did VFS Nigeria. I submitted passport in Lagos Vfs. I am not in a hurry to travel so I am willing to risk the long wait time for passport return. Hopefully, it's not longer than 4 weeks Lol...
Ok. My wife's E-cas has its status as decision made. No PPR no anything else. Every step is a waiting game! grin
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by ednut1(m): 7:16pm On Jan 03, 2023
aestake:

Ok. My wife's E-cas has its status as decision made. No PPR no anything else. Every step is a waiting game! grin
grin sorry sir. Endure the konji she is coming soon
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by aestake: 7:20pm On Jan 03, 2023
ednut1:
Ok
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by aestake: 5:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
ednut1:

It was approved today! Thanks for that pep-talk!
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by aestake: 5:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
Lovelyeyeballs:

We just got approved now. She will do as you did. Her flight is in March.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by obilec: 8:26pm On Jan 05, 2023
obilec:
LANDING GIST!

I just landed in Canada few hours ago via Ethopian airlines from Lagos Airport.

I registered on arrive can, switch health, and printed all documents before arriving Lagos airport.
The guy who pushed my trolley attempted to scam me 7500 for yellow card, amongst other scams, but I remembered narrations on nairaland so I didn’t fall for any. I didn’t spend any money during the journey, but you can give tips as the Spirit leads.

After showing my passport, I passed my bags through the machine just near the Lagos airport door. I then went straight to Ethiopian airlines check-in counter admist the crazy queue. Those check-in staff are not smiling, be prepared with your documents make them nor delay you.
My bags didn’t exceed the limit & I suggest you go at least 4-5 hours before the flight just incase.

After about 4 more security checks, I boarded & arrived addis ababa some hours later where I was able to use the free airport wifi to update loved ones. Ethiopian airlines was ok, nothing bad to say. It was a long flight & having to seat for so long in such confined space does a number on the body.

Arrived Toronto Pearson quite early in the morning & I think that plays a role in how relaxed the airport & staff were as I wasn’t subjected to much questioning. Having all documents on hand in paper really helps. Make sure you’re organized & calm, your documents may speak for you & questions were minimal to none in my case. Don’t be afraid to ask polite questions when looking for directions or clarity.

Since I registered with switch health, I was directed to a shorter queue for arrival covid test which was the last stop before finally exiting the airport. I didn’t pay for the test & I wasn’t told anything about quarantine. I am fully vaccinated & wore my mask & sanitized at all times cos I don’t want a positive covid test result. It didn’t really snow much at the time I arrived, however it is cold here.

It’s been a while guys. Canada is a good country, see for yourself on this YouTube channel which you can subscribe to for live updates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1yg8ml2Eqw

Wishing everyone the best, Happy new year!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Beceebillz: 11:54pm On Jan 06, 2023
Can someone pls assist with info on how to send passport to Nairobi?

Kenya vfs address, fees to be paid and other relevant information.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Beceebillz: 7:14am On Jan 07, 2023
[quote author=kollytoe post=118744680]Thanks. I send it through Nairobi VFS and it was received today.

Pls did you pay VAC transmission fee in the local currency and how did it take for you to get your passport back?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Olami2903: 9:15pm On Jan 07, 2023
Please can you share the details of how you sent it and please provide update on timelines.

Thank you

[quote author=Beceebillz post=119792366][/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Zideh: 9:29pm On Jan 07, 2023
I would like to connect and have a chat with you if that’s okay
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Kelexyzeezah: 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2023
Eggovic:

Congratulations. I payed before.

Please how.can I start the processing for Canada permanent resident (PR)
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by sunnyg12(m): 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2023
My wife is a nurse,how can she apply for PR

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by lekanlaniyan(m): 6:51am On Jan 10, 2023
kollytoe:
Thanks. I send it through Nairobi VFS and it was received today.

@Kollytoe, sent his passport to Nairobi , Kenya .

I believe, he will take us through the process of how he submitted his International Passport for his PPR.

Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Mrbigg777: 9:41pm On Jan 13, 2023
Good evening everyone
Please I really want to know if there’s anyone here who has just filed for their spouse from Canada recently; was IELT exams included in the documents??
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by aestake: 9:46pm On Jan 13, 2023
Mrbigg777:
Good evening everyone
Please I really want to know if there’s anyone here who has just filed for their spouse from Canada recently; was IELT exams included in the documents??
nope.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Mrbigg777: 10:41pm On Jan 13, 2023
aestake:

nope.
Okay thank you

Please do you have any idea about the documents involved
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by aestake: 12:40am On Jan 14, 2023
Mrbigg777:

Okay thank you

Go to the IRCC site.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Lemonmint1: 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
Mrbigg777:

Okay thank you

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Donshocker(m): 9:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hello everyone,
Please, Does anyone know how long PPR takes after medical request?
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by aestake: 11:06pm On Jan 17, 2023
Donshocker:
Hello everyone,
Please, Does anyone know how long PPR takes after medical request?
Within days. You can do Accra only (if that's where your app is) a mail.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Makibarbie: 4:35am On Jan 18, 2023
Please after submitting your application, did you get your application number immediately or when you receive your AOR.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Lovelyeyeballs: 1:10pm On Jan 18, 2023
Makibarbie:
Please after submitting your application, did you get your application number immediately or when you receive your AOR.

Application number is gotten when you receive AOR. The wait starts now
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by EmjaySimon: 6:20pm On Jan 18, 2023
Good evening everyone,
Please I am kind of worried.
My daughter did upfront medical November 28 2022,and I was told her medical results was sent to IRCC that same date.
January 09 2023 I got her medical request, I even had to send a proof of her upfront medical we did to IRCC that same date through webform for them to update it, up till now it hasn’t been updated, it’s more than a week now still no updates.
I am worried bcus the medical request letter says 30days is given, and now they still haven’t done anything.
Has anyone experienced this before?
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Makibarbie: 6:40pm On Jan 18, 2023
Okay thank you

Lovelyeyeballs:

Application number is gotten when you receive AOR. The wait starts now
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by BlackArchitect: 8:35am On Jan 25, 2023
Makibarbie:
Okay thank you

Go
Makibarbie:
Okay thank you

od day all, I just received my letter for biometrics but I’m yet to receive AOR I submitted my application in November. How do I book appointment for biometrics please

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (57) (Reply)

Worst Bridge In The World At Igwe Ito, Obi LGA In Benue State / Information About Sweden Visa / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.