Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process (103337 Views)

Australian Sponsorship Visa Issue. / Spouse - Family Travel - Spouse Domestic Abuse Route. / Help: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by mikeayus(m): 7:46am On Jul 01, 2023
Makibarbie:
I will advise you check this guy’s page on YouTube “hit and submit canada” the guy gives a well detailed explanation on spousal application. Watch most of his updated videos on the application process and thank me later. I used his format when i did mine. i am only waiting for medical request.

Oh great...I would check his videos out. Thanks alot for sharing.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by 1554C: 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2023
Congratulations. Did you apply for TRV after the June 7 announcement? I am asking to know if there's an advantage to applying for TRV while the spousal application is on and linked with it.
Nedu19:

I arrived Canada on a TRV on the 22nd of June. Still awaiting update on Eligibility and Background verification for SS Application.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by lekanlaniyan(m): 1:02pm On Jul 03, 2023
Nedu19:

I arrived Canada on a TRV on the 22nd of June. Still awaiting update on Eligibility and Background verification for SS Application.

wow, that's very good. How was your trip?

Please, kindly share how you applied for the TRV, I also want to give it a try because my SS application is still in progress (Eligibility only) since April 2023.

Thank You.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Nedu19: 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2023
lekanlaniyan:

wow, that's very good. How was your trip?

Please, kindly share how you applied for the TRV, I also want to give it a try because my SS application is still in progress (Eligibility only) since April 2023.

Thank You.

If your Spousal sponsorship application is aged up to 10 months, my sincere advice would be to wait rather than apply for TRV.

Processing times are currently at 14 months for SS application.

Deciding to apply for TRV would entail all the documents gathering process and ensuring you have PoF.

I applied for TRV in September 2022 and got approved early June 2023. I subsequently travelled to Canada. When my SS is approved, I would either have to return to Nigeria or leave Canada, because I would have to do a physical landing to re-enter Canada. Flight ticket prices ain't cheap these days.

However, if you have only recently submitted your SS application and have received your AoR, it may make sense to apply for TRV.

My thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by slimy205: 4:49am On Jul 04, 2023
Nedu19:

please did u recieve AOR before submiting ur TRV
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Nedu19: 8:59am On Jul 04, 2023
slimy205:
please did u recieve AOR before submiting ur TRV

No, I didn't.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by lekanlaniyan(m): 1:09pm On Jul 04, 2023
Nedu19:

If your Spousal sponsorship application is aged up to 10 months, my sincere advice would be to wait rather than apply for TRV.

Deciding to apply for TRV would entail all the documents gathering process and ensuring you have PoF.

I applied for TRV in September 2022 and got approved early June 2023. I subsequently travelled to Canada. When my SS is approved, I would either have to return to Nigeria or leave Canada, because I would have to do a physical landing to re-enter Canada. Flight ticket prices ain't cheap these days.

However, if you have only recently submitted your SS application and have received your AoR, it may make sense to apply for TRV.

My thoughts.

Chief Nedu. Thank you for this information. I really appreciate it.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Drawer: 8:46pm On Jul 04, 2023
You don’t need to fly back to Nigeria, all you have to do is go to the nearest Canada/US border and do flagpoling. Drive out of Canada, into US and drive back in. You don’t need any visa to drive into US. That way you have reentered Canada and done your landing. The officer will direct you to an office there at the border where you will complete the PR process.

Nedu19:

My thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Makibarbie: 11:33pm On Jul 04, 2023
this flagpoling is also advisable b for work permit. I am in Canada now and thinking of applying for work permit since my SS is still in progress and we don’t know how long.

Drawer:
You don’t need to fly back to Nigeria, all you have to do is go to the nearest Canada/US border and do flagpoling. Drive out of Canada, into US and drive back in. You don’t need any visa to drive into US. That way you have reentered Canada and done your landing. The officer will direct you to an office there at the border where you will complete the PR process.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by brownjoy: 5:18am On Jul 05, 2023
Please, nairalanders, I need help, I applied for canada work permit since march 2021, I did my biometric in December 2021 and since then I didn't here any thing or receive any email.
Only to get a WhatsApp message from my agent that I am to submit my passport to the Vac center for visa stamping on July 1, 2023.
The issue now is that the date on the letter is 19th April 2023 and it is clearly stated on the letter that failure to submit after 30days of the letter may lead to the visa refusal.
Please I need a professional advice now.
What can I do, should I go and submit or what should I do?

The agent in canada was the cause of all these, he doesn't check his emails regularly and the e mail was not sent to me.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by ednut1(m): 7:44am On Jul 05, 2023
brownjoy:
Please, nairalanders, I need help, I applied for canada work permit since march 2021, I did my biometric in December 2021 and since then I didn't here any thing or receive any email.
Only to get a WhatsApp message from my agent that I am to submit my passport to the Vac center for visa stamping on July 1, 2023.
The issue now is that the date on the letter is 19th April 2023 and it is clearly stated on the letter that failure to submit after 30days of the letter may lead to the visa refusal.
Please I need a professional advice now.
What can I do, should I go and submit or what should I do?

The agent in canada was the cause of all these, he doesn't check his emails regularly and the e mail was not sent to me.
work permit since 2021 You did interview with the employer then or agent told you he got you a job Have you obtained confirmation that the job offer still available This is smelling like a scam .

You can still submit, tell the agent to provide explanation via webform to say you didn’t see the email .
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by shockwaves347: 11:26am On Jul 05, 2023
Who has any idea what I can do to get approved by the idcc for study permit from within Canada on tourist visa, I got denied twice.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Donshocker(m): 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2023
shockwaves347:
Who has any idea what I can do to get approved by the idcc for study permit from within Canada on tourist visa, I got denied twice.

it is typically not possible to apply for a study visa while on a tourism visa within Canada.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by ednut1(m): 5:00pm On Jul 05, 2023
shockwaves347:
request for gcms notes to see the reasons for the denial then try to address it
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by brownjoy: 6:56pm On Jul 05, 2023
ednut1:
work permit since 2021 You did interview with the employer then or agent told you he got you a job Have you obtained confirmation that the job offer still available This is smelling like a scam .

You can still submit, tell the agent to provide explanation via webform to say you didn’t see the email .

Thanks for answering, please how does the Web form work?
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by ednut1(m): 7:46pm On Jul 05, 2023
brownjoy:

Thanks for answering, please how does the Web form work?
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by architectamaka: 11:30am On Jul 06, 2023
Hi everyone I'm applying for trv while waiting for my SS, on the documents section there's no slot for letter of invitation, is this normal?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by 1554C: 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2023
architectamaka:
Hi everyone I'm applying for trv while waiting for my SS, on the documents section there's no slot for letter of invitation, is this normal?
There's a place to upload your invitation letter. please make sure you pick correctly during the questionnaire page, if you're an outland applicant.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by architectamaka: 2:00am On Jul 07, 2023
1554C:

There's a place to upload your invitation letter. please make sure you pick correctly during the questionnaire page, if you're an outland applicant.

On the new portal? And how do I delete a document I uploaded please
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by 1554C: 9:57am On Jul 07, 2023
architectamaka:

Just click on the update document and load the new document you want to submit, it would replace the one you already uploaded

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by architectamaka: 3:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
1554C:

Just click on the update document and load the new document you want to submit, it would replace the one you already uploaded

Thanks I just deleted the entire application and started afresh because the that document is not applicable to me so I need the slot to be empty

After starting afresh I still can't find a dedicated slot for letter of invitation
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Mrbigg777: 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2023
Today made it one month I applied for TRV and I haven’t gotten PPR.has anyone here gotten after the new announcement?
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by architectamaka: 10:58am On Jul 08, 2023
Mrbigg777:
Today made it one month I applied for TRV and I haven’t gotten PPR.has anyone here gotten after the new announcement?

Did you apply on the old or new portal?
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Hibidee: 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2023
Upload the most recent one. It replaces the former one automatically

architectamaka:

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Mrbigg777: 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2023
architectamaka:

Did you apply on the old or new portal?

The new portal
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by 11elleo: 10:33pm On Jul 10, 2023
Wondering why medical request takes so long from Accra? Looking at indian outland applications and they are processed so quickly. wonder why accra is so slow?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Donshocker(m): 11:59am On Jul 11, 2023
11elleo:
Wondering why medical request takes so long from Accra? Looking at indian outland applications and they are processed so quickly. wonder why accra is so slow?

Please let’s see your application timeline

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by jascutie: 9:30pm On Jul 12, 2023
11elleo:
I wonder why o, since March I did biometrics still yet to receive medical request
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by 11elleo: 1:59am On Jul 13, 2023
Donshocker:

Please let’s see your application timeline
Application submitted- Feb 2023
AOR-April 14th, 2023
Biometrics request- May 9
Sponsor eligibility-May 10
nothing since then

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by 11elleo: 2:00am On Jul 13, 2023
jascutie:

I wonder why o, since March I did biometrics still yet to receive medical request
Nawa for that office
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Omobolarin: 9:47am On Jul 13, 2023
Hi! Any update on this flag poling ?
My spouse is visiting and has a sponsorship on the way, I wanna know if she can flag like for open work permit too

Makibarbie:
this flagpoling is also advisable b for work permit. I am in Canada now and thinking of applying for work permit since my SS is still in progress and we don’t know how long.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Makibarbie: 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
I learnt they refused someone whose spouse is a PR at niagrafall border and asked her to wait for ircc to complete her online application but i am not sure if she applied online for the work permit and still went to flagpole. But another person of this same situation was approved. I think it depends on the border officer. As for me, i am going to flagpole but after my medical appointment, once that is done, i will head to the border to try my luck.

Omobolarin:
Hi! Any update on this flag poling ?
My spouse is visiting and has a sponsorship on the way, I wanna know if she can flag like for open work permit too

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (57) (Reply)

Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES / I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures

Viewing this topic: nuelnuel, possessor1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.