Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,803 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible (4479 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / Could It Be Satan Vs God / Nephilim And Sons Of God: Who Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by orisa37: 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

LoL. You are just a joker.

Ok cocky.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2018
ihedinobi2:

Oh, okay. I was curious. I wanted to be sure where your question was coming from.

I think that offering you an answer no matter how good is very likely an exercise in futility but I allow for the possibility that I am wrong since one only knows so much about any given thing. So, while I intend to try to give you an answer on the assumption that you will give it proper consideration, I may not pursue a debate unless it looks like it may be reasonable rather than an "unfettered slugfest". Please excuse me if I sound condescending saying that. I really just want you to understand my disposition to this exchange.

So, regarding your argument, I think that there is really no question that death serves as much as God's agent as everything in creation does. He is God after all. Nothing could do anything without Him. So, even if Satan were responsible for every single death in history, well, he wouldn't exist or cause death unless God created him and provided him with ability, opportunity and enablement to do as he does.

However, this is not the whole story.

Free will is the critical other half.

When God first created the whole universe, He did it out of nothing and it was perfect, without darkness or evil of any sort. Then He made the angels who were the only creatures made to be like Him in possessing a free will. The angels were (and are) spirits with incredible abilities that even we now as humans can little imagine much less comprehend. And they saw God face to face and had perfect fellowship with Him.

Each angel was created in a particular "rank", if you will, possessing distinct personality, ability and duties. And Satan was the very highest ranking of all of them. He, just like the rest, was created holy and perfect, wanting for absolutely nothing. At the time, there was only one guardian cherub, that is, an angel whose job was to sort of symbolically maintain the absolute separation and holiness of God from creation. Satan was also the "high priest", if you will, of the angels. He stood before God to represent the rest. In short, the Bible's description of him in Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28, especially the latter, leaves the reader with the idea that Satan had everything possible that a creature could possibly desire. He was the preeminent creature in God's universe. He maintained superiority over every single angel. And all the angels ruled the universe of that time.

But God never intended that His creatures would serve Him perforce. He always wanted them to make a conscious choice to be His Family throughout eternity. This is why the angels had free will and why man would later come to have it too. Satan had it.

Now, Satan had no reason, no temptation, no tree of the knowledge of good and evil to show him that things could be any other way than they were. This is very important to note. It shows that God is never the source of temptation to do evil. There was no reason external to Satan that he should rebel against God. He manufactured a reason all by himself because every creature possessing free will is essentially like God in the most important way: they possess the ability to decide what to be.

Satan was the touchstone of perfection in creation. He was also the wisest creature that God made. These things were the very things that he corrupted himself with. He figured that he was perfect and wise enough to become God in his own right. What that means is that Satan actually chose of his own free will to ignore the single important detail that he was a created being, not a self-existing entity. God is of necessity without beginning or end. He was never created and will never go out of existence. This is not true of any created thing. God, of course, created all things to be eternal in essence but each thing was created. Therefore, not one of those things God made can ever under any circumstances become God. It is impossible to become God. You are either God or you are not. But Satan sold that lie to himself and began a process of corruption in himself that soon led to full revolt against the God of Creation.

His revolt involved seducing his fellow angels with promises to get them to join him and increase (in their limited minds) their chances of success in taking rulership of the universe away from God. He did succeed at seducing a third of the angels with promises of obtaining material existence in physical bodies. That led to vile corruption of the pristine Earth of that time both from what they did with the bodies of the animals that they took possession of and from their experimentations to create bodies that fit their lusts.

God allowed it to go on for as long as it was necessary to make sure that all the angels who wanted to rebel did and that all those who didn't want to made it clear that they never would. Then He flooded the entire universe.

That ended Satan's activities at the time. Following that was the judgment of God upon him and his cohorts and the rewarding of the angels who stayed loyal to God. It was at this time that the ranks of the elect angels were reshuffled with four of them becoming the new guardian cherubim associated with God's Throne and other angels variously retaining their starting positions, rising in rank or losing rank depending on their zeal in siding with God.

However, God's Creation was fractured. God is a Unity even though there are Three Divine Persons Who are all God in Their Own Right. Therefore His Creation is destined to be a Unity as well. In fact, this was what Satan counted on to preserve him from God's Anger. He figured that God would rather let him get away with his shenanigans than fracture creation. But that would not happen. God did permit the fracturing of Creation to separate the rebellious from the faithful.

Then He created man to replace the angels who rebelled. But this time, man was closer to the beasts than to the angels in makeup. He was a physical being with a spirit. Therefore, he had severe limitations in ability and intelligence which the angels did not have. However, he was created this way in order to demonstrate to the angels that all the lies that Satan had told about God in his campaign to get them on his side were really lies. First and most important, being physical beings was not really something that God had denied them. Rather, it was something that God had spared them. As spirits, they possess ability, knowledge and intelligence and freedom from material restraints and needs that we lack because of our bodies.

There were other extremely sophisticated lies many of which in fact the Bible was given to us by God to refute. Each human life is an opportunity to demonstrate the faithfulness and love and power and wisdom of God where Satan had questioned each.

But this is really the answer to the question why the execution of Satan's judgment was delayed. Satan possessed a free will and sought and created an opportunity to exercise it against God. Man, however, was not smart enough to be that evil. This was why God created an opportunity for him to go against Him, if he decided that he wanted to and also why Satan was allowed to try and seduce man into rebellion against God. That was why the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was in the restored Garden of Eden. It was the test of man's heart. Satan was there just to provide man with an alternative to God.

Man was also given all he needed to stay true to God if he wanted. The Garden was perfection. Even though he was a physical being, he never lacked for anything. Life could not have been better for him. He had the perfect mate, the perfect job, the perfect entertainment and God's friendship. What's more, God gave him every single thing in sight except the one tree. He did not need to know anything about good and evil. What for? But then Satan had it all and also wanted to be God. Evil is always arrogance. We sin by reaching for what we think that we have been denied.

That is how Eve was seduced. Adam joined her in sin knowing what he was doing simply because he was afraid of losing his wife. But in trying to keep her, he forfeited everything else that God had freely given to him. That was the same exact thing that Satan did.

Now, this is the background of everything you complained about in your post.

God is good and loving and beneficent. But He isn't stupid. He made the universe to be good an perfect, not because it would hurt Him in any way if it wasn't but because He wanted His Family of Angels and Men to be happy. He created all these wonders that once existed, are existing and will yet exist for our enjoyment. Evil corrupts these things and renders them unfit for enjoyment. What loving father would not try to clear a playground of dangerous material and animals so that his little ones can play safely?

Satan's revolt and the activities of his angels ruined the fun for everyone, so God destroyed that universe by flooding it. Then He remade it to create Man. Then, Man in disobedience ruined himself as well. And God had to do the whole cleanup routine again.

The pattern has continued. Had death not existed, that is, if we physical beings had not been subject to decay and expiration, can you imagine what evil we could have done? Imagine serial killers who are immortal. Does that seem like good news at all to you? There were many depraved nations throughout history whose continued existence would have extinguished all the conscience left in humanity. There were powerful nations which made a practice of sacrificing their young in despicable ways and whose brutality made them rich and powerful so that even those with a decent conscience started to waver in being good. Sodom and Gomorrah were a good example of such nations. Had God not wiped them out, they would have either corrupted other nations or wiped those nations out themselves.

This is why God continues to clean the board to allow other people to make their own eternal choices about Him. If we choose to submit to Him, we can look forward to eternity in a United, perfect family with God as our loving Father forever. If we don't, well, we get to be without Him or His Gifts eternally too.

Now, Satan does come to steal, to kill and to destroy.

From what I already said, I think that it is obvious that if Satan had not chosen to oppose God and if no other angel had, there would never have been death. God did create Satan and give him a free will like He did the other angels, but it was all Satan when he decided to oust God. That had nothing to do with God. God would rather that all His Creatures exist from beginning to eternity without any pain or suffering of any kind but He gave us a free will so that we can choose to be family with Him or not. He can't have the family He desires if we cannot choose to be that family. And we can only be able to make a true choice to be that family if we can also choose not to be that family. So, death is really all Satan's doing. But God has not left things that way. He has taken responsibility to fix everything the way He has been, using every single choice made by every single person - angel and human - to bring about this family he wants. So, even though death exists as a direct result of Satan's actions, God does use it to keep things on course to creating that perfect eternal tomorrow that all believers look forward to.

You should be able to see that in this, the goodness and love and faithfulness of God is manifest. The fact that people die is regrettable for the most part but God made that possible so that people can continue to choose who and what they want to be. After all, at the end of all of this, every single person who has died will be brought back to life. Then each person will go where they have chosen to be eternally.

So, I think it is actually something to glorify God for that death exists and that He uses it the way that He does. Had Satan succeeded at wresting control of the universe away from God (an impossibility though), I am very certain that we would be in a miserable state of existence. Whenever people have chosen Satan's way, it has never worked out right. Hearts are broken, lives are destroyed, people are killed. Every. Single. Time. The angels who chose Satan did not get bodies for themselves. Even had God left them to their devices eternally, they would never have succeeded at getting what they wanted. The reason is that wisdom belongs to God. Satan knows only what God makes him able to know. That is true with all of us. We can never become self-sufficient. So, if the angels were ever going to have bodies, God was the only One Who could give it to them.

God's Ways may be mysterious but His Character and Personality is manifest in the world around us and in the believers we meet who have taken following Him seriously. And from what we see, we know that we can trust Him even when what He does is beyond our ken.

I would add that when believers die or suffer, this can be God's Discipline or it can be Satan's attack (governed by God's purposes and loving supervision of their lives).

I'll take my time to read this. I used to enjoy your writing.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 4:36pm On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

Genesis tells us that the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were created in 6 days, and that God ceased from His work of creation. Ezek. 28:13 affirms that satan(an angel) was created. But we find no mention of God creating angels during the creation week. Therefore angels were created before the creation week.

I also conjecture that death is part of God's creation therefore it was created before the creation week.

2 Likes

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by ihedinobi2: 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

I'll take my time to read this. I used to enjoy your writing.

I am happy to hear that you did before. I will pray that you will also find value in it now. And I will wait to see if I can help any further.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

I also conjecture that death is part of God's creation therefore it was created before the creation week.

LOL. Where is your proof that "death" is part of God's creation?
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

LOL. Where is your proof that "death" is part of God's creation?

This is my "proof" from your fairytale book.

LordReed:

Deceived by what? Your fairytale book?

Isaiah 45:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

That is from your fairytale book, God the creator of all things, including evil.

1 Like

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 5:21pm On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

This is my "proof" from your fairytale book.

DoctorAlien:

That GOD is able to bring destruction and disaster(which can be seen as undoing what he did in creating) on His creation does not mean that GOD "created" death when He was in the work of creation.

If I am able to destroy something which I created, does it mean that when I created that thing, I also created the destruction of that thing?
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by sonmvayina(m): 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2018
Religion has really messed us up.. To the extent that we just put our common sense aside just so we try as much as possible to make sense of the bull sheet in the bible.. This is so sad..
I just hope that soon we will come to realise what God is and is not, so that we can move our society forward.. This dark age is really taking too long.. This darkness is really hurting us..

It is God that will destroy those European who introduced the book(bible) to us and set us on the this dangerous path.. They know there is nothing good in it.. Why can't they give us the blue print for making aeroplane and other good technology that will empower us economically..

It is so sad to say the least.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by CAPSLOCKED: 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2018
sonmvayina:
Religion has really messed us up.. To the extent that we just put our common sense aside just so we try as much as possible to make sense of the bull sheet in the bible.. This is so sad..
I just hope that soon we will come to realise what God is and is not, so that we can move our society forward.. This dark age is really taking too long.. This darkness is really hurting us..

It is God that will destroy those European who introduced the book(bible) to us and set us on the this dangerous path.. They know there is nothing good in it.. Why can't they give us the blue print for making aeroplane and other good technology that will empower us economically..

It is so sad to say the least.

BIBLE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN AEROPLANE. ONE TAKES YOU TO HEAVEN, THE OTHER TAKES YOU FROM CITY TO CITY.

WE (AFRICANS) MUST ALWAYS REMAIN LOYAL AND GRATEFUL TO THE EUROPEANS FOR GIVING US THE BEST THING IN LIFE; THE BIBLE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2018
Can a potter be guilty or faulted when he destroys a purposeless clay pot that he made?
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:38pm On Oct 12, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Can a potter be guilty or faulted when he destroys a purposeless clay pot that he made?

Of what use is a branch(man) not abiding in its Vine(God)? I think none.

This is why Jesus Christ layed much emphasis on abiding in Him.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 7:08pm On Oct 12, 2018
ihedinobi2:

OK so I took my time to read your submission but you must forgive me because as I no long believe the book from which I presume you crafted this post from, I will be highly critical of everything you wrote. I see the book as nothing but a fairytale but since you believe this story as told from the book represents an explanation of the universe as it is now then I will use the rational thought which operates in this universe as it is to evaluate your submission.

Once again forgive me because I will not pull my punches.

So, regarding your argument, I think that there is really no question that death serves as much as God's agent as everything in creation does. He is God after all. Nothing could do anything without Him. So, even if Satan were responsible for every single death in history, well, he wouldn't exist or cause death unless God created him and provided him with ability, opportunity and enabling to do as he does.

However, this is not the whole story.

Free will is the critical other half.

Let's start with this, free will. Unless you don't believe God is omniscient then you have to explain how free will is compatible with an omniscient creator of all things.

How is it that God who knows everything that will happen in advance yet fails to anticipate the corruption of his creation?

If you say he is not omniscient then explain how he is able make prophetic declarations that serve his purpose? If he is able to precipitate actions before hand for his own benefit then what stopped him from precipitating actions that would stop his creation from being corrupted?

And how does knowing your actions in advance indicate that you have freewill? You will do those things already fated so what choice are you making?

When God first created the whole universe, He did it out of nothing and it was perfect, without darkness or evil of any sort. Then He made the angels who were the only creatures made to be like Him in possessing a free will. The angels were (and are) spirits with incredible abilities that even we now as humans can little imagine much less comprehend. And they saw God face to face and had perfect fellowship with Him.

Each angel was created in a particular "rank", if you will, possessing distinct personality, ability and duties. And Satan was the very highest ranking of all of them. He, just like the rest, was created holy and perfect, wanting for absolutely nothing. At the time, there was only one guardian cherub, that is, an angel whose job was to sort of symbolically maintain the absolute separation and holiness of God from creation. Satan was also the "high priest", if you will, of the angels. He stood before God to represent the rest. In short, the Bible's description of him in Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28, especially the latter, leaves the reader with the idea that Satan had everything possible that a creature could possibly desire. He was the preeminent creature in God's universe. He maintained superiority over every single angel. And all the angels ruled the universe of that time.

But God never intended that His creatures would serve Him perforce. He always wanted them to make a conscious choice to be His Family throughout eternity. This is why the angels had free will and why man would later come to have it too. Satan had it.

Now, Satan had no reason, no temptation, no tree of the knowledge of good and evil to show him that things could be any other way than they were. This is very important to note. It shows that God is never the source of temptation to do evil. There was no reason external to Satan that he should rebel against God. He manufactured a reason all by himself because every creature possessing free will is essentially like God in the most important way: they possess the ability to decide what to be.

I will continue on the free will theme before moving to some of the things you said.

So Satan a wise created being who has seen God in all his power decides he could challenge this power? How does this show wisdom? How were a third of a gigantic host ever convinced that they stood a chance against the other two thirds? Only beings driven by a compulsion would have undertaking such a doomed mission. There is no way knowledgeable creatures as you make the angels out to be would have of their own free will done this.

How is that creatures who are perfect and only know good could then turn evil? This can only be if the capacity to become evil already existed in them. You cannot say they had free will to choose if there wasn't a choice in the first place.

Now addressing the issue of creation. You assert that God is not created, by what evidence outside of the bible do you make this assertion? By what evidence do you assert that God made the universe? By what evidence do you assert that God made the universe out of nothing?

Satan was the touchstone of perfection in creation. He was also the wisest creature that God made. These things were the very things that he corrupted himself with. He figured that he was perfect and wise enough to become God in his own right. What that means is that Satan actually chose of his own free will to ignore the single important detail that he was a created being, not a self-existing entity. God is of necessity without beginning or end. He was never created and will never go out of existence. This is not true of any created thing. God, of course, created all things to be eternal in essence but each thing was created. Therefore, not one of those things God made can ever under any circumstances become God. It is impossible to become God. You are either God or you are not. But Satan sold that lie to himself and began a process of corruption in himself that soon led to full revolt against the God of Creation.

There is no evidence that anything in this universe is eternal. Evidence shows that the universe itself will end. So by what means are you asserting that all things were created to be eternal? Aside from the Bible of course.

His revolt involved seducing his fellow angels with promises to get them to join him and increase (in their limited minds) their chances of success in taking rulership of the universe away from God. He did succeed at seducing a third of the angels with promises of obtaining material existence in physical bodies. That led to vile corruption of the pristine Earth of that time both from what they did with the bodies of the animals that they took possession of and from their experimentations to create bodies that fit their lusts

Not even the bible records this so you are conjecturing this right?

God allowed it to go on for as long as it was necessary to make sure that all the angels who wanted to rebel did and that all those who didn't want to made it clear that they never would. Then He flooded the entire universe.

Flooded it with what? And where is the evidence for this flood?

That ended Satan's activities at the time. Following that was the judgment of God upon him and his cohorts and the rewarding of the angels who stayed loyal to God. It was at this time that the ranks of the elect angels were reshuffled with four of them becoming the new guardian cherubim associated with God's Throne and other angels variously retaining their starting positions, rising in rank or losing rank depending on their zeal in siding with God.

Again this is conjecture right?

However, God's Creation was fractured. God is a Unity even though there are Three Divine Persons Who are all God in Their Own Right.

So tell me how this is different from the pantheon of gods represented in pagan worship?

Therefore His Creation is destined to be a Unity as well. In fact, this was what Satan counted on to preserve him from God's Anger. He figured that since he and the other angels would never change in their rebellion, they could never be rehabilitated nor could God destroy them since. But that would not happen. God did permit the fracturing of Creation to separate the rebellious from the faithful.

What then is the Lake of Fire? The one where Satan and his cohort are tossed into for eternity? God decides that he would leave these fellows to ravage his creation for thousands of years, leveling untold hardship, destruction and death through out the period and yet he says he is a loving God? If any parent behaves like this we would probably lock the person up for cruelty. Yet we are supposed to believe that such actions from a God represents love?

Then He created man to replace the angels who rebelled. But this time, man was closer to the beasts than to the angels in makeup. He was a physical being with a spirit. Therefore, he had severe limitations in ability and intelligence which the angels did not have. However, he was created this way in order to demonstrate to the angels that all the lies that Satan had told about God in his campaign to get them on his side were really lies. First and most important, being physical beings was not really something that God had denied them. Rather, it was something that God had spared them. As spirits, they possess ability, knowledge and intelligence and freedom from material restraints and needs that we lack because of our bodies.

So God has an opportunity to create a replacement for the Angels he lost and he decides to create an addled being? As a lesson?

Imagine you were given the chance to choose your offspring and the following choices were offered to you:

A. A child with diminished physical capacity (poor eyesight, feeble bones, prone to disease and illness) and diminished mental capacity and will suffer all of this throughout its life.

B. A normal healthy child who would grow up and be normal and healthy.

C. A child who would grow into superman in every sense of the word.

So you, loving father, will choose A because the children you had before, normal as they were, disappointed you. Really that is how you'd define your love? Your wisdom? You'd choose a child that will suffer all its life? Wow.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 7:10pm On Oct 12, 2018
Had to break it up, too long

ihedinobi2:

There were other extremely sophisticated lies many of which in fact the Bible was given to us by God to refute. Each human life is an opportunity to demonstrate the faithfulness and love and power and wisdom of God where Satan had questioned each.

But this is really the answer to the question why the execution of Satan's judgment was delayed. Satan possessed a free will and sought and created an opportunity to exercise it against God. Man, however, was not smart enough to be that evil. This was why God created an opportunity for him to go against Him, if he decided that he wanted to and also why Satan was allowed to try and seduce man into rebellion against God. That was why the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was in the restored Garden of Eden. It was the test of man's heart. Satan was there just to provide man with an alternative to God

Again God shows his wisdom by giving his creature opportunity to be corrupted, knowing that this corruption will cause massive death and destruction? Please explain how this is the actions of love or wisdom. How does the deaths and suffering of countless number of living, thinking and feeling beings ever compute as a factor in any grand plan that defines love and wisdom? Not only that these same people after suffering and dying sometimes painfully, will still be granted an eternity of suffering and death? Really this sounds like a good plan?

Add to it that the so called instigator Satan has seen God and was given the chance to still rebel. Yet these creatures who will suffer and die twice will not see this God, will not be given unequivocal evidence of his existence, will only be given the tales of a disjointed narrative which will not be made into a book for 4000 years, written by beings as themselves not even from a divine hand, have the book subject to all manner of rewriting and interpretation then told that if they did not believe these writings they'll suffer and die twice. All this from a loving, wise, all powerful God. Really?

Man was also given all he needed to stay true to God if he wanted. The Garden was perfection. Even though he was a physical being, he never lacked for anything. Life could not have been better for him. He had the perfect mate, the perfect job, the perfect entertainment and God's friendship. What's more, God gave him every single thing in sight except the one tree. He did not need to know anything about good and evil. What for? But then Satan had it all and also wanted to be God. Evil is always arrogance. We sin by reaching for what we think that we have been denied.

That is how Eve was seduced. Adam joined her in sin knowing what he was doing simply because he was afraid of losing his wife. But in trying to keep her, he forfeited everything else that God had freely given to him. That was the same exact thing that Satan did.

Now, this is the background of everything you complained about in your post.

God is good and loving and beneficent. But He isn't stupid. He made the universe to be good an perfect, not because it would hurt Him in any way if it wasn't but because He wanted His Family of Angels and Men to be happy. He created all these wonders that once existed, are existing and will yet exist for our enjoyment. Evil corrupts these things and renders them unfit for enjoyment. What loving father would not try to clear a playground of dangerous material and animals so that his little ones can play safely?

Satan's revolt and the activities of his angels ruined the fun for everyone, so God destroyed that universe by flooding it. Then He remade it to create Man. Then, Man in disobedience ruined himself as well. And God had to do the whole cleanup routine again.

The pattern has continued. Had death not existed, that is, if we physical beings had not been subject to decay and expiration, can you imagine what evil we could have done? Imagine serial killers who are immortal. Does that seem like good news at all to you? There were many depraved nations throughout history whose continued existence would have extinguished all the conscience left in humanity. There were powerful nations which made a practice of sacrificing their young in despicable ways and whose brutality made them rich and powerful so that even those with a decent conscience started to waver in being good. Sodom and Gomorrah were a good example of such nations. Had God not wiped them out, they would have either corrupted other nations or wiped those nations out themselves.

So of all the brutalities of man, only the ones in one of the smallest regions of earth had any significance for this all powerful, all wise God? He didn't intervene when the Meso Americans were sacrificing their children, didn't intervene when the Africans were burying slaves with kings. Didn't intervene when the Greeks were sacrificing humans either. But some 2 cities in the middle of nowhere were such prime targets. Add to that, no historical record of this "purge" exists. He totally ignored much better targets for his wrath which would have resonated throughout history for some obscure cities nobody had even heard of.

Also God in all his wisdom saw suffering and death as the only way out? More and more the wisdom and power of this God is called into question. How can the wisdom and power that created this universe be unable to create a way forward that didn't involve suffering and death?

This is why God continues to clean the board to allow other people to make their own eternal choices about Him. If we choose to submit to Him, we can look forward to eternity in a United, perfect family with God as our loving Father forever. If we don't, well, we get to be without Him or His Gifts eternally too.

God creates a universe, puts people in it, tells them if you don't do what I want you to do, I will kill you in a horrible way but I love you and I won't let you see me or talk to me, I won't even write you or communicate with you in anyway you'd be certain it is me. Remember I love you, now go and make a choice. This is the scenario we are presented with from the Bible. A scenario that has no way of being verified let alone being accessible to all.

Now, Satan does come to steal, to kill and to destroy.

From what I already said, I think that it is obvious that if Satan had not chosen to oppose God and if no other angel had, there would never have been death. God did create Satan and give him a free will like He did the other angels, but it was all Satan when he decided to oust God. That had nothing to do with God. God would rather that all His Creatures exist from beginning to eternity without any pain or suffering of any kind but He gave us a free will so that we can choose to be family with Him or not. He can't have the family He desires if we cannot choose to be that family. And we can only be able to make a true choice to be that family if we can also choose not to be that family. So, death is really all Satan's doing. But God has not left things that way. He has taken responsibility to fix everything the way He has been, using every single choice made by every single person - angel and human - to bring about this family he wants. So, even though death exists as a direct result of Satan's actions, God does use it to keep things on course to creating that perfect eternal tomorrow that all believers look forward to.

Now Satan gets the blame for everything God, through possibly a single action could have stopped. An action God has chosen to now push so far into the future several billion people will suffer and die first. This tale continues to be so incredulously devoid of anything approaching wisdom or love.

You should be able to see that in this, the goodness and love and faithfulness of God is manifest. The fact that people die is regrettable for the most part but God made that possible so that people can continue to choose who and what they want to be. After all, at the end of all of this, every single person who has died will be brought back to life. Then each person will go where they have chosen to be eternally.

Nope I do not see goodness. You say God destroyed people because of human sacrifice yet he himself uses human sacrifice. That is not, goodness that is hypocrisy.

So, I think it is actually something to glorify God for that death exists and that He uses it the way that He does. Had Satan succeeded at wresting control of the universe away from God (an impossibility though), I am very certain that we would be in a miserable state of existence. Whenever people have chosen Satan's way, it has never worked out right. Hearts are broken, lives are destroyed, people are killed. Every. Single. Time. The angels who chose Satan did not get bodies for themselves. Even had God left them to their devices eternally, they would never have succeeded at getting what they wanted. The reason is that wisdom belongs to God. Satan knows only what God makes him able to know. That is true with all of us. We can never become self-sufficient. So, if the angels were ever going to have bodies, God was the only One Who could give it to them.

God's Ways may be mysterious but His Character and Personality is manifest in the world around us and in the believers we meet who have taken following Him seriously. And from what we see, we know that we can trust Him even when what He does is beyond our ken.

I would add that when believers die or suffer, this can be God's Discipline or it can be Satan's attack (governed by God's purposes and loving supervision of their lives).

How is the suffering and death God has rained on us different from whatever you imagine Satan would have done? How is suffering and death any kind of discipline?

Jesus accuses Satan but yet the buck stops at God's table. He created a situation which according to the tale has lasted 6000 years in failure. Imagine a student with the kind of failure rate God has shown, will such a student graduate? And the student keeps saying my dog ate my homework. He'd probably be kicked out of school.

This mysterious God you somehow know so much about his motivations and secrets. And should we ask a different person they would come up a completely different set of contrary motivations and secrets for this mysterious God. How is he unable to keep his own story straight?

I know my words will ruffle both the feathers of you and others but these are some of the ugly truths I have had to confront. None of it makes a smidgen of sense.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

If I am able to destroy something which I created, does it mean that when I created that thing, I also created the destruction of that thing?

Technically speaking yes. Just as you do not need to create darkness, just take away light. If you are unable to take away light then you can never have darkness. As soon as God created a mortal universe he inevitably created mortality. Taking it further back, as soon as God decided that his plan for redemption will involve sacrifice then he created death.

2 Likes

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Originakalokalo(m): 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2018
If the power to allow evil is not in God, then he is not almighty.

If God cannot create evil, then he is limited..

that is why ALL POWER BELONGS TO HIM.

That is why he is the almighty.

He allows evil... to punish sin. however, he still determines the extent to which evil can go.

Sin is in the world... and God punishes the World by allowing the evil one, but with a specified boundary..

Left to the demons... they would want to contaminate food and water and kill a whole country...

As much as they are incurably evil, there is a boundary.... set by the almighty God...

Many of you speak ignorantly.

You know the Bible abi?

continue with that understanding..

Your cross.

1 Like

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 8:02pm On Oct 12, 2018
Originakalokalo:

If the power to allow evil is not in God, then he is not almighty.

If God cannot create evil, then he is limited..

that is why ALL POWER BELONGS TO HIM.

That is why he is the almighty.

He allows evil... to punish sin. however, he still determines the extent to which evil can go.

Sin is in the world... and God punishes the World by allowing the evil one, but with a specified boundary..

Left to the demons... they would want to contaminate food and water and kill a whole country...

As much as they are incurably evil, there is a boundary.... set by the almighty God...

Many of you speak ignorantly.

You know the Bible abi?

continue with that understanding..

Your cross.

And he has the power to disallow evil and instead he allows evil till several billion people suffer and die. Such a brilliant God. He's best plan is to let people suffer, such a loving God. He let's the so called demons to roam around free but he has prevented them from being more wicked, let's clap hands for him. Let's also completely put it out of our mind that he also has the power to completely eradicate them but no he is such a brilliant loving God. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

Technically speaking yes. Just as you do not need to create darkness, just take away light. If you are unable to take away light then you can never have darkness. As soon as God created a mortal universe he inevitably created mortality. Taking it further back, as soon as God decided that his plan for redemption will involve sacrifice then he created death.

Your analogy fails as the absence of created living beings doesn't necessarily mean presence of death(e.g. before the beings were created).

Death is not a mental construct but the uncoupling of a living being. If a thing is said to be created, then it is in existence. But how can you say that death was part of what God created when from time immemorial until the fall, death did not exist and could not be attested to by anything?

What if man never sinned? In the sinless state of creation, could anyone point to where the "created" death is, regardless of God's decision about redemption?
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Originakalokalo(m): 8:25pm On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

And he has the power to disallow evil and instead he allows evil till several billion people suffer and die. Such a brilliant God. He's best plan is to let people suffer, such a loving God. He let's the so called demons to roam around free but he has prevented them from being more wicked, let's clap hands for him. Let's also complete put it out of our mind that he also has the power to completely eradicate them but no he is such a brilliant loving God. SMH.

Your cross.

1 Like

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 10:43pm On Oct 12, 2018
DoctorAlien:

Your analogy fails as the absence of created living beings doesn't necessarily mean presence of death(e.g. before the beings were created).

Death is not a mental construct but the uncoupling of a living being. If a thing is said to be created, then it is in existence. But how can you say that death was part of what God created when from time immemorial until the fall, death did not exist and could not be attested to by anything?

What if man never sinned? In the sinless state of creation, could anyone point to where the "created" death is, regardless of God's decision about redemption?

According to your fairytale, death is a being so when I say he created death I meant the concept of it but it is evident by your fairytale book that he created death as a being of some sort. As far we know as you yourself have conjectured such beings were created by God before men.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 10:44pm On Oct 12, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Your cross.

Tripe.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by ihedinobi2: 11:28pm On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

OK so I took my time to read your submission but you must forgive me because as I no long believe the book from which I presume you crafted this post from, I will be highly critical of everything you wrote. I see the book as nothing but a fairytale but since you believe this story as told from the book represents an explanation of the universe as it is now then I will use the rational thought which operates in this universe as it is to evaluate your submission.

Once again forgive me because I will not pull my punches.

I commend you for reading. It was a really long post and even Christians tend to find such things hard to read, so well done.

As for your present attitude to the Bible, I joined the conversation for two reasons: one, because of what past relationship or acquaintance we had; two, because you essentially asked a biblical question, not a general philosophical one. I am explaining what the Bible said so that you can better understand that part of it that you were objecting to. So, while I respect your lack of belief in the Bible right now, I can't accommodate any appeals outside of it to explain its own statements. I will answer your questions by referring to the Bible to explain what it really says. At the very least, I think you should get right what you disagree with.

LordReed:
Let's start with this, free will. Unless you don't believe God is omniscient then you have to explain how free will is compatible with an omniscient creator of all things.

How is it that God who knows everything that will happen in advance yet fails to anticipate the corruption of his creation?

If you say he is not omniscient then explain how he is able make prophetic declarations that serve his purpose? If he is able to precipitate actions before hand for his own benefit then what stopped him from precipitating actions that would stop his creation from being corrupted?

And how does knowing your actions in advance indicate that you have freewill? You will do those things already fated so what choice are you making?

This is an old dodge, as I believe you know. It is also a popular philosophical question.

Knowing something has nothing to do with causing something. If I know that you are going to work on Monday, I have not therefore caused you to go to work. Omniscience is just infinite knowledge. God's prior knowledge of our choices does not cause us to make those choices. God knows what we will choose because He is smart enough to know that we will choose it. That is the simplest way to put it.

LordReed:
I will continue on the free will theme before moving to some of the things you said.

So Satan a wise created being who has seen God in all his power decides he could challenge this power? How does this show wisdom? How were a third of a gigantic host ever convinced that they stood a chance against the other two thirds? Only beings driven by a compulsion would have undertaking such a doomed mission. There is no way knowledgeable creatures as you make the angels out to be would have of their own free will done this.

Free will presents us with the ability to decide who we want to be either by accepting and adjusting to the Truth we know or by rejecting it and denying it. This is evident everyday today. The desire to watch TV past their bedtime can make kids convince themselves that they will get away with it because Daddy is out and can't see them. This ignores the fact that Daddy is an adult who probably knows exactly how to tell whether the kids went to bed on time or not.

Satan was not so stupid as to challenge God to a power tussle. He knew he would not win but he still completely ignored the fact that God was God and as such had no limits in His Ability or Wisdom. This led him to conceiving and trying to effect plans that simply would fail even though it was essentially a coup d etat. Arrogance does have a way of making us stupid.

LordReed:
How is that creatures who are perfect and only know good could then turn evil? This can only be if the capacity to become evil already existed in them. You cannot say they had free will to choose if there wasn't a choice in the first place.

As I said, free will is really the ability to decide whether we want to be God's eternal family or not. We cannot say that we have a true choice about being God's eternal family if we cannot also choose not to be His family. So, the ability to stay holy and perfect also presented on the other side an ability to quit being holy and perfect and become sinful and rebellious. The two abilities are two sides of the same coin.

LordReed:
Now addressing the issue of creation. You assert that God is not created, by what evidence outside of the bible do you make this assertion? By what evidence do you assert that God made the universe? By what evidence do you assert that God made the universe out of nothing?

As I said, I am not interested in general philosophical arguments. You are challenging a statement in the Bible and I am explaining it. So I am limiting this conversation to what the Bible actually says rather than what you may prefer to believe.

So, what matters here is that the Bible teaches that God created everything out of nothing. That is the biblical position. If you disagree with it, I respect that. I think it is too obvious for me to have to make an argument about it on general terms. So, if you dismiss it, then I really cannot make any kind of difference in arguing with you about it.

LordReed:
There is no evidence that anything in this universe is eternal. Evidence shows that the universe itself will end. So by what means are you asserting that all things were created to be eternal? Aside from the Bible of course.

See above.

As for what the Bible teaches on the matter, yes, at the end of the 7000-year history that God planned for humanity, the entire universe will be destroyed and then recreated completely new but without any trace of evil and all that comes with it. Thus, everything that God made will continue eternally.

LordReed:
Not even the bible records this so you are conjecturing this right?

No, I'm not. The lust of the fallen angels for physical bodies was demonstrated in the demon possession that was such a big part of the gospels. It is also significant that Satan's first appearance in the Bible is in possession of a snake. This is a biblical fact. As for the experimenting, it is an extrapolation that is informed by this biblical fact and the discovery of weird fossils which make sense when you consider how smart angels are and the strong desire fallen angels have for physical bodies.

LordReed:
Flooded it with what? And where is the evidence for this flood?

With water. Gen 1:2.

LordReed:
Again this is conjecture right?

No, it is not. In Ezekiel 28, Satan was the "covering cherub". He was the only one. In Isaiah, Ezekiel and Revelation, there are four cherubim (called seraphim in Isaiah 6) transporting and covering God's Throne. That means that he was replaced with angels who became cherubim after he lost his place. And that also provides reason to expect that there were similar changes throughout the organization of angels.

LordReed:
So tell me how this is different from the pantheon of gods represented in pagan worship?

A pantheon is not a unity.

LordReed:
What then is the Lake of Fire? The one where Satan and his cohort are tossed into for eternity?

I am not sure what occasioned this query. But if you are asking why Satan thought he could get away with it when there was a lake of fire, there was none. The lake of fire was created for Satan and the fallen angels after their rebellion.

As for God leaving Satan to continue to operate after that rebellion, I already explained that man had to have his own chance to choose. And, as you have indicated that you agree, it is no real choice unless there is a real opportunity and possibility to choose in both directions. Satan was left to be the alternative to God for Man. Without his input, it is entirely possible (probably likely even) that Man, not being as smart as the angels, would never have thought of rebelling against God.

LordReed:
God decides that he would leave these fellows to ravage his creation for thousands of years, leveling untold hardship, destruction and death through out the period and yet he says he is a loving God? If any parent behaves like this we would probably lock the person up for cruelty. Yet we are supposed to believe that such actions from a God represents love?

Many parents let their children endure the rigors of examinations because they believe that it is best for their children to face a challenge and prove their mettle. God is operating on a cosmic, eternal level. It is eternal status that we are all making a choice about. So, Satan and his activities are our test. God is more than able (as He will prove soon enough) to rid creation of Satan once and for all and fix everything. But for now, we must choose whether we will trust God and submit to Him no matter what or whether we will be bullied or cajoled by Satan into other paths.

LordReed:
So God has an opportunity to create a replacement for the Angels he lost and he decides to create an addled being? As a lesson?

Imagine you were given the chance to choose your offspring and the following choices were offered to you:

A. A child with diminished physical capacity (poor eyesight, feeble bones, prone to disease and illness) and diminished mental capacity and will suffer all of this throughout its life.

B. A normal healthy child who would grow up and be normal and healthy.

C. A child who would grow into superman in every sense of the word.

So you, loving father, will choose A because the children you had before, normal as they were, disappointed you. Really that is how you'd define your love? Your wisdom? You'd choose a child that will suffer all its life? Wow.

I'm not sure why you call man an "addled being" or consider him deformed in any way.

It is true that man is inferior to the angels but that was actually the point. The angels had advantages that man lacks and yet they sinned. Man has plenty disadvantages that angels lack (including being born with a sin nature that stays with him until he dies) and yet he chooses to submit to God. That proves that Satan could never truthfully claim that his lack of anything was responsible for his failure. Man has far less than he did and yet he succeeds at making the right choice everyday.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by DoctorAlien(m): 11:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
LordReed:

According to your fairytale, death is a being so when I say he created death I meant the concept of it but it is evident by your fairytale book that he created death as a being of some sort. As far we know as you yourself have conjectured such beings were created by God before men.

If you refer to those passages in which the Bible used personification on death, or in Revelations where death is depicted as riding a horse, then your argument fails because they are all either figurative or are used to code messages, or to make the situation being described more vivid. I only said that angels were created before men. Death is not an angel.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by ihedinobi2: 12:34am On Oct 13, 2018
LordReed:
Again God shows his wisdom by giving his creature opportunity to be corrupted, knowing that this corruption will cause massive death and destruction? Please explain how this is the actions of love or wisdom. How does the deaths and suffering of countless number of living, thinking and feeling beings ever compute as a factor in any grand plan that defines love and wisdom? Not only that these same people after suffering and dying sometimes painfully, will still be granted an eternity of suffering and death? Really this sounds like a good plan?

Add to it that the so called instigator Satan has seen God and was given the chance to still rebel. Yet these creatures who will suffer and die twice will not see this God, will not be given unequivocal evidence of his existence, will only be given the tales of a disjointed narrative which will not be made into a book for 4000 years, written by beings as themselves not even from a divine hand, have the book subject to all manner of rewriting and interpretation then told that if they did not believe these writings they'll suffer and die twice. All this from a loving, wise, all powerful God. Really?

As I said in my last post, life in this world is a test of the human heart. For those who decide that they will follow Jesus Christ, their choice will be proved to be genuine by the hardships they endure. Their determination to hang on to their Faith in the face of the pain and suffering of this life is proof that they want to be part of God's eternal family.

For those who choose against God, the pain and suffering of this life (which is actually significantly less than what believers in Jesus Christ must endure) serves to prove that no matter what God may let them suffer for their unbelief and sinfulness, they will never change their ways.

And at the end of this test, everyone will be resurrected. Those who chose for God will inherit an eternity of such sublime happiness that the greatest pleasure in this world cannot begin to compare to. What we endure in this life is very impermanent. It will end in no time. Then will begin what really matters and what really lasts. Unfortunately, choosing against God will not result in anything good at all for those who do. In fact, it will result in pain and suffering far beyond the worst this world has to offer. That really is what anyone should be afraid of or concerned about.

LordReed:
So of all the brutalities of man, only the ones in one of the smallest regions of earth had any significance for this all powerful, all wise God? He didn't intervene when the Meso Americans were sacrificing their children, didn't intervene when the Africans were burying slaves with kings. Didn't intervene when the Greeks were sacrificing humans either. But some 2 cities in the middle of nowhere were such prime targets. Add to that, no historical record of this "purge" exists. He totally ignored much better targets for his wrath which would have resonated throughout history for some obscure cities nobody had even heard of.

This argument perplexes me. Sodom and Gomorrah are just two or even one example of many in the Bible where God overthrew, humbled or destroyed outright whole nations that were so wicked. You mentioned others yourself including Canaan and Israel. What makes you think that God ignored the Aztecs, Mayans etc? Do those nations exist today? How did they fare when the Europeans landed on their shores? What about the Greeks? Rome destroyed Carthage too and do you not know of their own similar practices to those nations surrounding Israel? Today, floods and earthquakes and fires and even military action is constantly resetting parts of the board to keep madness from sweeping across the world unrestrained. What would have happened to the world if God had let Russia win the Cold War or Japan and Germany win WWII? The fact that I named Sodom and Gomorrah and the Bible mentioned specific places does not mean that God has not been checking the advance of evil everywhere throughout history.

And how do you decide which targets are better or worse? What standard do you judge by?

LordReed:
Also God in all his wisdom saw suffering and death as the only way out? More and more the wisdom and power of this God is called into question. How can the wisdom and power that created this universe be unable to create a way forward that didn't involve suffering and death?

This is an example of the arrogance I spoke of, if you don't mind my saying so. You think that there should have been a way of getting God's willing Family without pain and suffering but why? Do you know of such a way? The Bible only teaches that this is the way. Not because God likes His creatures suffering at all but because this is the only Way He made. To suppose that there ought to be another is to pretend to be God. But, do you actually know of some way that is better than this?

Suffering is a direct consequence of rebellion against God. Rebellion against God is a consequence of creature possession of free will. Free will is necessary for creatures to be able to make a conscious choice to submit to God.

LordReed:
God creates a universe, puts people in it, tells them if you don't do what I want you to do, I will kill you in a horrible way but I love you and I won't let you see me or talk to me, I won't even write you or communicate with you in anyway you'd be certain it is me. Remember I love you, now go and make a choice. This is the scenario we are presented with from the Bible. A scenario that has no way of being verified let alone being accessible to all.

It may be the scenario you want to believe is in the Bible but it isn't the one there.

In the Bible, God made creatures that He loves and plans to spend eternity with. Some of these creatures reject His love but others embrace it. To enable some of those who rejected it at first to come back into it, He made a Sacrifice so big that eternity itself cannot contain it. That is how much He loves His creatures. But He won't force any of them to love Him back or accept His love.

If they reject it, well, they will have to deal with its alternative: His eternal enmity.

For everyone among His family of humans who wants to follow Him, God has provided everything necessary to guide them to Him and to sustain them on their hard journey through this world. That includes full payment for all their failures in the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ, support from fellow believers, the Bible, guidance until they are well trained through teachers of the Bible and best of all the Holy Spirit Himself to comfort and help them all along the way.

That is not to mention food and water, clothing and shelter, work to distract us and keep us busy and other sundry delights in this world.

LordReed:
Now Satan gets the blame for everything God, through possibly a single action could have stopped. An action God has chosen to now push so far into the future several billion people will suffer and die first. This tale continues to be so incredulously devoid of anything approaching wisdom or love.

I think I already explained how Satan is responsible and why it makes sense that God should "take His time" with history. But perhaps I should add that there is a fixed number of human beings who will submit to God to replace Satan and his angels. Then there is a fixed number of humans who will join this number to double the gain. This is why history is running. The human race exists generationally. So, it will take time to achieve that full number. And God will take that time and patiently wait until His family is complete before He makes an end of Satan. It is for our sakes that He is being patient. I praise Him for that.

LordReed:
Nope I do not see goodness. You say God destroyed people because of human sacrifice yet he himself uses human sacrifice. That is not, goodness that is hypocrisy.

I'm guessing that you mean the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Incidentally, our Lord was killed, not by God but by men who were working for Satan. Of course, God knew that they would and used that choice on their part to work out the Salvation of the Human Race. Call it what you will, but it is why any of us has any eternal hope. Or else, the doom and gloom you see will be all we really have to look forward to and worse.

LordReed:
How is the suffering and death God has rained on us different from whatever you imagine Satan would have done? How is suffering and death any kind of discipline?

Not sure what you are asking about here exactly but Satan is doing a lot more than you appear to assume. In fact, during the Tribulation, not very long from now, once 200 million of Satan's troops are released to him again, he will instantly use them to annihilate a third of unbelieving mankind. That numbers in billions, in a matter of months. God punishes with death and suffering in many cases to hold back the evil in men's hearts. I already said that. Whether He does so directly through the agency of elect angels or through Satan and his fallen angels, it is always in order to strike fear into the hearts of men and prevent them from doing worse than they already did.

LordReed:
Jesus accuses Satan but yet the buck stops at God's table. He created a situation which according to the tale has lasted 6000 years in failure. Imagine a student with the kind of failure rate God has shown, will such a student graduate? And the student keeps saying my dog ate my homework. He'd probably be kicked out of school.

Yes, the human part of the story is about 6000 years in but the plan is for 7000 years. Whatever you feel about this, any reasonable person knows that intelligent people have a timeline for whatever they are doing. God does too. And He hasn't been failing. The Birth of our Lord Jesus happened on schedule and effectively destroyed every hope of success Satan had deluded himself into maintaining. Throughout history, from Adam and Eve until now, men have been submitting to God, filling up the ranks that Satan and his angels left. In time, it will be over and God's Success will be totally manifest.

LordReed:
This mysterious God you somehow know so much about his motivations and secrets. And should we ask a different person they would come up a completely different set of contrary motivations and secrets for this mysterious God. How is he unable to keep his own story straight?

He IS mysterious. I studied the Bible throughout childhood and carried on reading it into adulthood but I didn't learn these things until someone taught me. So, it's not like it's information you can just pick up for nothing. If He wasn't mysterious, you would know all about this too. He is and you don't. I know because by His Grace, I was willing to be taught by someone who had been taught too and I was willing to keep reading my Bible and hoping and believing that God would explain everything to me.

I doubt that multiple, conflicting accounts has ever told a scientist to give up pursuing some scientific truth. In fact, in many brilliant discoveries, confusion of reports has led to many a brilliant mind to work harder to find the truth. I just think that God is of far greater value and therefore try to find all the Truth there is to know about Him. It's the least I could do, right? He did pay for all my sins, didn't He?

LordReed:
I know my words will ruffle both the feathers of you and others but these are some of the ugly truths I have had to confront. None of it makes a smidgen of sense.

I don't think I have feathers you can ruffle. I understand how things are. People cross from one side of the divide to the other everyday. That is why believers are told to work hard to make their calling and election sure. I think that if you had been patient, you would have learned all these things and more and been able to handle whatever made you give up your faith. You could still take it up again, if you are of a mind to. What I have said here is just the tip of a vast iceberg. There is much more that the Bible says when you learn how to assemble the "disjointed" pieces of the narrative together.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Originakalokalo(m): 2:37am On Oct 13, 2018
LordReed:

Tripe.
Thanks
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 5:43am On Oct 13, 2018
ihedinobi2:

I commend you for reading. It was a really long post and even Christians tend to find such things hard to read, so well done.

As for your present attitude to the Bible, I joined the conversation for two reasons: one, because of what past relationship or acquaintance we had; two, because you essentially asked a biblical question, not a general philosophical one. I am explaining what the Bible said so that you can better understand that part of it that you were objecting to. So, while I respect your lack of belief in the Bible right now, I can't accommodate any appeals outside of it to explain its own statements. I will answer your questions by referring to the Bible to explain what it really says. At the very least, I think you should get right what you disagree with.

I have read your responses and while there is a lot I will love to respond to, our apparent disagreement on how useful and true the bible is will make further discussion pointless. I am quite frankly, tired of arguing the bible like I think its real and this has shown me no matter how much illogicality is pointed out to believers, they will always have a defense for it. Until maybe like me they decide to stop defending bullshit and accept that the bible is not useful in describing our universe or the situation in it nor does it comport to reality. Also many believers are unaware of all the rewriting it under went in other to be the way it is now. So thanks for your time, I wish you good luck in continuing to believe this fairytale.

2 Likes

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 5:50am On Oct 13, 2018
DoctorAlien:

If you refer to those passages in which the Bible used personification on death, or in Revelations where death is depicted as riding a horse, then your argument fails because they are all either figurative or are used to code messages, or to make the situation being described more vivid. I only said that angels were created before men. Death is not an angel.

Yep there is always a defense for bullshit from believers so have it your way, continue to believe your fairytale any confused, disjointed way you wish.

1 Like

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 13, 2018
pressplay411:
Lol
Between God and Satan, who saves?
Oh that's true, Satan never saved any one, not any.
is there any sense in killing millions and saving thousands?
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by ihedinobi2: 9:25am On Oct 13, 2018
LordReed:

I have read your responses and while there is a lot I will love to respond to, our apparent disagreement on how useful and true the bible is will make further discussion pointless. I am quite frankly, tired of arguing the bible like I think its real and this has shown me no matter how much illogicality is pointed out to believers, they will always have a defense for it. Until maybe like me they decide to stop defending bullshit and accept that the bible is not useful in describing our universe or the situation in it nor does it comport to reality. Also many believers are unaware of all the rewriting it under went in other to be the way it is now. So thanks for your time, I wish you good luck in continuing to believe this fairytale.

I understand and I thank you for giving what time you have to my responses. Unfortunately I am no longer as interested in apologetics as I was so I cannot debate you on general philosophy. I actually have my hands full with Bible teaching now.

As for the rewriting etc, these are old claims that are seriously exaggerated. Any honest researcher into the matter knows enough to tell that whatever interferences occurred in the transmission of the Scriptures down the ages have not essentially changed its meaning and has been fairly easy to spot - far easier now than ever. But that is not a debate that I can actually pursue now either.

Suffice to say that the business of being a believer includes taking pains to ask questions about what you believe and going as far as you can into learning all you can about it. So, the more a believer matures in their faith, the less you can surprise them with objections like this. I still have quite a ways before me but your objections are textbook. There is really nothing new to your challenges. They are the same things we once faced together. And the answers to them are the same as ever.

I am truly sorry to hear your current disposition to the Bible and to God but we each make our own choices and we each receive the due reward or consequence for them. So, I thank you for wishing me well. I fear that there is no good down the path you are going so I don't even know how any good I may wish you will find you unless you turn around and submit to Jesus Christ. But I have done the best that a believer can do for anyone: I have prayed for you. And if ever you want an answer to a question about the Bible, I will be happy to help to give it. These things may not mean anything to you now but they are the best coin I have.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by pressplay411(m): 9:49am On Oct 13, 2018
nwabekeyi:
is there any sense in killing millions and saving thousands?

Is death sentence fair for Criminals?
I mean hypothetically, if you were the victim of an armed robbery or Boko Haram terrorists.
Would you want justice even if justice meant killing them for the crimes committed and so that they don't go on killing other innocent lives?

God wants everyone to be saved.
But He is a Just God.
Crimes have to be paid for.
Pray to understand God better, you will no longer see a wicked God but a Just God who we exhaust His Love and Mercy and Compassion till He has no choice left.
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Horus(m): 10:06am On Oct 13, 2018
He has killed millions

Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 13, 2018
pressplay411:

Is death sentence fair for Criminals?
I mean hypothetically, if you were the victim of an armed robbery or Boko Haram terrorists.
Would you want justice even if justice meant killing them for the crimes committed and so that they don't go on killing other innocent lives?

God wants everyone to be saved.
But He is a Just God.
Crimes have to be paid for.
Pray to understand God better, you will no longer see a wicked God but a Just God who we exhaust His Love and Mercy and Compassion till He has no choice left.
does it make sense to kill your child cos he's an armed robber?
Re: Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible by LordReed(m): 10:42am On Oct 13, 2018
Horus:
He has killed millions

LoL I even dashed Satan the deaths of Job's servants to try even the odds, nope God still outpaces him in killing. LMFAO!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ultimate Truth & Proof On Islam / Yahweh Admits He Is NOT The Almighty God / Christians/muslims - Define "Idol Worship" - By Pagans

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 283
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.