Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,102 members, 7,842,174 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? (2320 Views)

Ladies!! How Will U Know He Luvs U? / Trending ..#teamopenletter. Name Just One Person U Have A Deep Crush On..or Love / When U Dis Virgin A Girl Do U Luv More Or Wat Cos I Just Dis Virgind A Girl And Am Luving Her Badly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by kaysquare(f): 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2010
My BF and i have been relating for 3years now and im convinced he luvs me very much.But as more and more he's luv grows,so is my luv for him decreasing.i have come to realize that i dont have true feelings of luv for me.maybe i thought i luv him when d relationship commenced but now i've seen clearly that my feelings are mere infatuation. Hirtherto,this guy in question has been so much good to me.he's been sincere and faithful though there are still some of his xters dat i dislike however i understand no one is as impeccable as God,thus we cant have a perfect character.

Now d bone of contention is d fact dis guy is ready to go down d aisle with me.he wants to have me as a wife but i dont know how to make him understand that i cant love him the way he deserves to be loved.right from d beginnin of our relationship,av not been reciprocating his luv cuz i thought real feelings of luv will emerge later which never happened.In the last few months i hav done a lot of things to frustrate him,to make him leave yet he still politely reminds me of d extent of his luv and dat if im actually tired of him,then i shld say it to his face rather doing it indirectly,But i really dont know how to face and tell him dat i dont want him anymore!

My dear readers,im not tryin to dump dis guy bcuz i dislike some his characters or cuz i dont luv him dat much but it is because i want him to have a woman dat will luv him wholeheartedly as a wife cuz he deserves dat very much.i know i cant give him dis kind of luv and im also tryin to avoid any marital problem dat may arise if i force myself to marry all in d name of not wanting to break his heart.i want him to have peace in his heart,in his home and marry d woman dat will satisfy him in all ramifications.

If i now face him to explain these points and y i want to quit a 3yrs relationship?wont he take me as a wicked person or as a heart breaker? or shld i go ahead and marry him since i know he truely luvs me? PLS ADVICE ME I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by papa190(m): 4:24pm On Jul 13, 2010
i would rather go for sm1 that can die for me
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by Onchedu(m): 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2010
I've heard it said by mothers in advices to their daughters over and over again to marry a man that loves them more than they love him. I think loving is a man's responsibility cos with men it more often than not holds more meaning, even when it doesn't feel like a pleasure trip. I would rather marry a woman I love more than she luvs me. A woman's love can fade like rain bearing clouds blown away by the winds.
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by Omolola1(f): 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2010
if u marry hm without lovn him dere is every probability dat u wuld cheat on him! nd u both wuld onli end up frustrated!
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by Omolola1(f): 4:47pm On Jul 13, 2010
y dont u lov him? is it dat he is short nd u prefer tal guys or he dosnt hav all d qualities u wnt in a guy.
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by papa190(m): 4:48pm On Jul 13, 2010
omolola but u know i love u sha~
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by MrAnus: 4:53pm On Jul 13, 2010
People still get married in this day and age? hell nooo
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by Onchedu(m): 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2010
Omolola1:

if u marry hm without lovn him dere is every probability dat u wuld cheat on him! nd u both wuld onli end up frustrated!

People don't cheat cos they don't love the person they are with; people cheat for other reasons but hardly, if ever, cos they don't love the person. best not expect that love would keep U from cheating.

True she should marry a guy she at least feels good about being with.
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by Omolola1(f): 5:03pm On Jul 13, 2010
@ 190, i kno now honey mi, lol.
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by Omolola1(f): 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2010
@ochendu, if she marries sum1 she does not lov nd meets a guy dat sweeps hr off her feet,my broda,she wuld cheat on him!
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by Onchedu(m): 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2010
Omolola1:

@ochendu, if she marries sum1 she does not lov nd meets a guy dat sweeps hr off her feet,my broda,she wuld cheat on him!

Trust me, whether or not U are in love U cannot be swept off your feet unless U make provision for the sweeper to sweep u off of them.

Even if U get instantly swept off your feet the high on the floor won't last long enough unless of course U stay on the floor and encourage the person to keep sweeping U on the floor.

Whether U love or are in love U will continue to meet people U find attractive thru life's journey; now that's confirmed. It's how U handle the attraction that leads to whether U will be found wanting or not.
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by kaysquare(f): 5:35pm On Jul 13, 2010
@omolola,i dont know exactly y i fail to luv him.i guess dis luv of a thing is something natural (i.e. we dont have control over it) n maybe there are some features i luv to see in a guy which he doesnt have.i really cant place it.bt one thing im sure of is dat i dont luv him d way he luvs me n i want to stop faking my luv.
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by Onchedu(m): 5:47pm On Jul 13, 2010
Hope say another guy no dey one corner dey wind Ur head?
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by Omolola1(f): 6:06pm On Jul 13, 2010
@kay, u just av 2 let him kno so u wont live to regret it!
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by kaysquare(f): 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2010
@onchedu,dat is normal now.even if one is married,,u men will still come to make ur advances.do u think dats d cause?bt i dont think i've come across a guy dat can completely replace dis BF of mine,yet i still hav feelings of doubt abt my luv for him
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by Spyker: 6:55pm On Jul 13, 2010
The situation you are in is the same situation i found myself two years ago. In my own case, she told me she likes me as a friend and would continue in the relationship hoping that the love would grow. She ended up cheating on me and after we broke up, she realized she made a mistake of cheating since she thought in cheating, she would meet someone better than I. At the end of the day, she came running back but it was too late.

Hope you won't regret it if you leave him. Why don't you find a quiet place where both of you can seat and discuss. Tell him the truth, believe me, he will understand. But don't cheat on him otherwise you would have created an enemy of women.
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by Onchedu(m): 7:15pm On Jul 13, 2010
kaysquare:

@onchedu,dat is normal now.even if one is married,,u men will still come to make your advances.do u think dats d cause?bt i dont think i've come across a guy dat can completely replace dis BF of mine,yet i still hav feelings of doubt abt my luv for him

Must U indulge the men that make advances at U? Spyker is on point but I doubt U will listen to him.

Not everyone will be happy at the end of the day even tho everyone can be happy at the end of the day.
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 14, 2010
@poster
sit him down and explain to him how you feel EXACTLY the way you wrote it on here. you shouldnt really care what he well think of you if you are TRULY HONEST about how you feel.

as for the saying: "better marry someone that loves you more than you do" its the dumbest thing i have ever heard!
but hey, some people marry for other reasons than LOVE and therefore they need something to make them feel special, i suppose!

there is no need for you to stay any longer in this relationship as we all know that one day when the love/care/respect is all gone, you will become a real biatch towards him (excuse my French).
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by cantcme1: 12:56am On Jul 14, 2010
you wanna dump da guy cos he aint rich abi ? OGA OOOO oloshi ni awon obirin yi sef
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by DeepSoul(f): 8:04am On Jul 14, 2010
Subscribing to the marry-sm1-who-loves-you-more-than-you-love-him theory indicates insecurity and selfishness, IMO.
In as much as it sounds nice, nothing beats that feeling of loving someone.

The poster does not even fall into this category because in her case, it's not just a case of unequal level of love, the love dey reduce!!!

Poster pls do not marry the guy as you will end up frustrating him and regretting your decision years down the line.
Like u said, he deserves better. And so do you  wink
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by SALady(f): 11:06am On Jul 14, 2010
kaysquare:

My BF and i have been relating for 3years now and im convinced he luvs me very much.But as more and more he's luv grows,so is my luv for him decreasing.i have come to realize that i dont have true feelings of luv for me.maybe i thought i luv him when d relationship commenced but now i've seen clearly that my feelings are mere infatuation. Hirtherto,this guy in question has been so much good to me.he's been sincere and faithful though there are still some of his xters dat i dislike however i understand no one is as impeccable as God,thus we cant have a perfect character.

Now d bone of contention is d fact dis guy is ready to go down d aisle with me.he wants to have me as a wife but i dont know how to make him understand that i cant love him the way he deserves to be loved.right from d beginnin of our relationship,av not been reciprocating his luv cuz i thought real feelings of luv will emerge later which never happened.In the last few months i hav done a lot of things to frustrate him,to make him leave yet he still politely reminds me of d extent of his luv and dat if im actually tired of him,then i shld say it to his face rather doing it indirectly,But i really dont know how to face and tell him dat i dont want him anymore!

My dear readers,im not tryin to dump dis guy bcuz i dislike some his characters or cuz i dont luv him dat much but it is because i want him to have a woman dat will luv him wholeheartedly as a wife cuz he deserves dat very much.i know i cant give him dis kind of luv and im also tryin to avoid any marital problem dat may arise if i force myself to marry all in d name of not wanting to break his heart.i want him to have peace in his heart,in his [b]home and marry d woman dat will satisfy him in all ramifications.[/b]If i now face him to explain these points and y i want to quit a 3yrs relationship?wont he take me as a wicked person or as a heart breaker? or shld i go ahead and marry him since i know he truely luvs me? PLS ADVICE ME I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Check my amboldments, You love this man enough to let him go and be with the one who can make him happy. This is the kind of love you have for him, a perfect love. All you have to do is tell him and any reasonable man will understand. The problem with truth is that it hurts. This may hurt him but later in life he will thank you for this kind of love you had for him, love that's not selfish.

Dont be hard on yourself. Truth is the good way to live your life and good luck with your future, and regret nothing.
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 14, 2010
It's simply DEMAND and SUPPLY that is at play here. Poster feels she has too much of our homeboy's attention and she is f**king up. Reminds me of tai2's post.

Once our guy withdraws his attention and fixes it on some new bimbo, this ingrate will sit up asap. Hope our guy's game is tight sha.

Security [in a relationship] lies in your [potential] ability to 'produce'. Once a chica knows you can sweatlessly replace her, she stays constantly on her toes.
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by amf(f): 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2010
girl, its better for u to marry somebody that love u. its easy for a lady to build love than for guy, just focus on the good side of the guy and u will develop the love for him.
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by amefi(m): 3:10pm On Jul 14, 2010
kaysquare:

Now d bone of contention is d fact dis guy is ready to go down d aisle with me.he wants to have me as a wife but i dont know how to make him understand that i cant love him the way he deserves to be loved.right from d beginnin of our relationship,av not been reciprocating his luv cuz i thought real feelings of luv will emerge later which  never happened.In the last few months i hav done a lot of things to frustrate him,to make him leave yet he still politely reminds me of d extent of his luv and dat if im actually tired of him,then i shld say it to his face rather doing it indirectly,But i really dont know how to face and tell him dat i dont want him anymore!

My dear readers,im not tryin to dump dis guy bcuz i dislike some his characters or  cuz i dont luv him dat much but it is because i want him to have a woman dat will luv him wholeheartedly as a wife cuz he deserves dat very much.i know i cant give him dis kind of luv and im also tryin to avoid any marital problem dat may arise if i force myself to marry all in d name of not wanting to break his heart.i want him to have peace in his heart,in his home and marry d woman dat will satisfy him in all ramifications.

If i now face him to explain these points and y i want to quit a 3yrs relationship?wont he take me as a wicked person or as a heart breaker? or shld i go ahead and marry him since i know he truely luvs me? PLS ADVICE ME I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

I WANT TO BELIEVE THAT THE INFORMATION OR STORY IS INCOMPLETE. THIS IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT STATED THAT YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE ELSE. YOU HAVE ONLY MENTIONED SEVERALLY THAT YOU DONT AND CANT LOVE HIM AS HE DOES TO YOU.

I WANT TO ASK IF YOU ARE LOVING ANOTHER PERSON THAT HE IS NOT AWARE OF OR YOU DONT JUST HAVE THE CAPACITY TO LOVE HIM OR SOMEONE ESLE?
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by omofat: 4:18pm On Jul 14, 2010
You want to kill the boy abi ?
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by chiogo(f): 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2010
In every relationship, one person usually puts in more effort than the other. Just like break-ups, one person usually doesn't want the break-up as much as the other person does.

Let's be real, women fall in love more easily than men. Many men can sleep with a woman and feel no attachment to her, many women can't. I think the idea of a guy loving me more than I love him is cute based on the above fact. Shows he's really genuine and would most likely stick with me no matter what. But it's still "selfish" on my part but hey, who isn't selfish?

I'd say you should stick to him because it's rare for a guy to be into you more than you are into him BUT that'd be a great decision if you even loved him at all, doesn't need to be up to the level he loves you(since one person usually puts in more in every relationship). But you don't seem to love him at all, maybe like, which isn't good enough. So, tell him how you feel, he'll be hurt since he's probably obsessed with you, but with time, he'll get over you. Going ahead to marry him would be torture for you and him because you may stick to him while having extra marital affairs. Just save two of you the heartache.
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by iice(f): 10:30am On Jul 15, 2010
I think you should tell him and you guys sort it out. The talk will either clear things up or cloud the issue more. . .but it's a step in making a decision.

Personally, i cannot be with someone who loves me more. Feels like i have use padded hands to handle them. Too stressful jare.
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by blank(f): 10:57am On Jul 15, 2010
I was once in that situation.
We were friends but he loved me so much and i wanted to make him happy so i pretended that i liked him too.
It was when he tried to kiss me that i discovered that i could not continue to pretend.
It was so revolting that i had to come clean.
He actually cried but i had to be firm and pull away.
Today, i am married to the man of my dreams.
He is totally into me and i am into him.
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by omofat: 11:03am On Jul 15, 2010
blank:

I was once in that situation.
We were friends but he loved me so much and i wanted to make him happy so i pretended that i liked him too.
It was when he tried to kiss me that i discovered that i could not continue to pretend.
It was so revolting that i had to come clean.
He actually cried but i had to be firm and pull away.
Today, i am married to the man of my dreams.
He is totally into me and i am into him.

My dear, it's not the same situation, The poster has been in this relationship for 3 years, Probably kissed and panshed each other many many times too. It's not the same ooo.

Your own was just a friend who happened to like you. The two does not equal four in this case.
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by papa190(m): 11:08am On Jul 15, 2010
^^
yea rite~ wink
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by adaybola(f): 11:41am On Jul 15, 2010
Pls pardon the long story, I just want u to get my points. I had a similar experience, my first b/f was so crazy about me that he worshipped the ground I walked on. The problem was, I just couldn't love him cuz of his look (he’s not ugly but not just hot enough "in my estimation"wink. I tot I was too beautiful to be his. I cared about him and appreciated him but try as I could, I just couldn't love him. I told him I didn't love him but he kept telling me I would with time. After 5 years and still feeling the same way, I couldn't go on with the relationship. In fact, to make him break up with him I cheated on him (the most despicable thing I’ve ever done). He caught me, forgave me and was still willing to move on with me (he proposed) and I tot he was silly. Eventually I left him five years ago. Now, I realized I was just immature and chasing shadows. I actually wanted a hot looking man, comfortable, romantic, perfect, lol!!! So silly rite? After several relationships, I saw reality and I realized I didn’t love him cuz I didn’t want to. Am 5”6, he’s 5”7 and I love tall guys. The other guys I dated were fine alrite, hot bods and all that stuff but they made me taste hell (heartbroken, over and over again) I went back to my ex three years ago but, it was too late. He found someone better and finer than me, he currently works in the oil and gas sector, (he’s so fine I could hardly recognize him). Fortunately, he's happily married now with the said lady and very comfortable. I envy his wife. Well, am still single (trying to be happy) but I wish I could turn back the hands of time. I could have loved him if I had tried to see his inner beauty.  Pls think carefully, “atimes the things we chase in life is like shimmers in the pond”.
Re: Who Should U Marry;a Person U Luv Or A Person That Luvs U? by omofat: 11:45am On Jul 15, 2010
adaybola:

Pls pardon the long story, I just want u to get my points. I have a similar experience, my first b/f was so crazy about me that he worshipped the ground I walked on. The problem was, I just couldn't love him cuz of his look (he’s not ugly but not just hot enough in my estimation). I tot I was too beautiful to be his. I cared about him and appreciated him but try as I could, I just couldn't love him. I told him I didn't love him but he kept telling me I would with time. After 5 years and still feeling the same way, I couldn't go on with the relationship. In fact, to make him break up with him I cheated on him (the most despicable thing I’ve ever done). He caught me, forgave me and was still willing to move on with me (he proposed) and I tot he was silly. Eventually I left him five years ago. Now, I realized I was just immature and chasing shadows. I actually wanted a hot looking man, comfortable, romantic, perfect, lol!!! So silly rite? After several relationships, I saw reality and I realized I didn’t love him cuz I didn’t want to. Am 5”6, he’s 5”7 and I love tall guys. The other guys I dated were fine alrite, hot bods but they made me taste hell (heartbroken, over and over again) I went back to my ex three years ago but, it was too late. He found someone better and finer than me, he currently works in the oil and gas sector, (he’s so fine I could hardly recognize him). Fortunately, he's happily married now with the said lady and very comfortable. I envy his wife. Well, am still single (trying to be happy though) but I wish I could turn back the hands of time. I could have loved him if I had tried to see his inner beauty.  Pls think carefully, “atimes the things we chase in life is like shimmers in the pond”.

Your honesty is refreshing. Hope you meet someone else who would love you perhaps more than your ex did and who you would be able to love back in return.

@Poster, se you dey tory so? - Use brain oo, Hmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Ways To Build A Positive Relationship / D Most Valued Thing In Girls' Life / Most Romantic Girl On NL's Romance Section (Guys Only). . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.