Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage (2134 Views)

How Old Were You When You Realized This (see Here) / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by Pastev1(m): 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2018
What should you do as married man/woman when realized that your spouse actually was a mistake after 3years in marriage?
Also, when you the person you suppose marry doing fantastically well in life?
Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by OneStep3: 1:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
smiley
Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by Fetula4u: 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2018
PRAYER.....IS THE ULTIMATE THING YOU SHOULD MY BROTHER
Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by amprat: 6:04pm On Oct 12, 2018
since you're truly and totally married, I advice you to face your front, mind your business and talk to God.... as a Christian, especially as you haven't hinted in anyway that the marriage is life threatening.
It is well.

2 Likes

Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by babyfaceafrica: 8:32pm On Oct 12, 2018
divorcé

1 Like

Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by Acidosis(m): 9:50pm On Oct 12, 2018
Pastev1:
What should you do as married man/woman when realized that your spouse actually was a mistake after 3years in marriage?

ahah grin that's your main problem bruv.

3 things you should do;

1. Cast out the spirit of envy and greed
2. Stop comparing your spouse with your ex, and
3. Stop following your ex's Facebook and other Social Media stories.

When you break up or refuse to date someone, let go completely and don't give a flying fck about their "fantastic lifestyles". If you allow their uploads and success stories get to you, it would ruin you and make you miserable.

Don't get carried away with e.g. a car; car has killed more people than the devil. There is a reason you're currently with your spouse; stick to that reason and be guided. She's "doing fantastically well", because you've only seen the fantastic side.. what if she's stinkingly dirty, rude and abusive? You know you cant measure rudeness on Instagram. So many fantastically wealthy people have died of simple illnesses.

Focus on your spouse and make your marriage work. When I move, I move on completely without looking back. I nor dey regret anything, even if you become Queen Elizabeth tomorrow.

That's one of the major reasons I advise everyone to make spousal decisions based on sensible reasons (e.g. character/attitude, genuine love, passion, compassion, etc.), not stup!d reasons like current bank statement, and other temporarily vague reasons. While the former rarely and hardly change, the latter ALWAYS change. Majority of the great leaders today were at some point extremely broke and needy. When your decision is based on the former (like I always do), you will never ever regret anything.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by GentlemanAyo(m): 10:56pm On Oct 12, 2018
Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 6:41am On Oct 13, 2018
Acidosis:

3 things you should do;

When you break up or refuse to date someone, let go completely and don't give a flying fck about their "fantastic lifestyles". If you allow their uploads and success stories get to you, it would ruin you and make you miserable.

Don't get carried away with e.g. a car; car has killed more people than the devil. There is a reason you're currently with your spouse; stick to that reason and be guided. She's "doing fantastically well", because you've only seen the fantastic side.. what if she's stinkingly dirty, rude and abusive? You know you cant measure rudeness on Instagram. So many fantastically wealthy people have died of simple illnesses.

Focus on your spouse and make your marriage work. When I move, I move on completely without looking back. I nor dey regret anything, even if you become Queen Elizabeth tomorrow.

That's one of the major reasons I advise everyone to make spousal decisions based on sensible reasons (e.g. character/attitude, genuine love, passion, compassion, etc.), not stup!d reasons like current bank statement, and other temporarily vague reasons. While the former rarely and hardly change, the latter ALWAYS change. Majority of the great leaders today were at some point extremely broke and needy. When your decision is based on the former (like I always do), you will never ever regret anything.

Pastev1 please listen to this advice. There is so much wisdom in it.

The grass is always greener at the other side...focus on your own grass and tend it.

3 Likes

Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by MicroBox: 8:42am On Oct 13, 2018
80% of people don't enjoy a perfect marriage...
I get mad at my wife for every slightest mistake but I sat myself down and spoke to the person in me.
Now everything is fine...
If you allow the thought continues, it will keep escalating to different things everyday and the result will be hate quarrel and divorce..
Your spouse is still that same person, what you need is little adjustment and be more focus on what and where you want your children to be later in life.
..Na Pikin dey keep marriage going..

4 Likes

Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by lilmax(m): 10:56am On Oct 13, 2018
divorce
Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by momokiddies: 11:13am On Oct 13, 2018
I think you should work hard at your marriage. what you tag a mistake might just be a hidden miracle. hold on to your spouse and forget the seemingly well to do life of your ex
this message is for you and I

2 Likes

Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by stacyadams: 12:03pm On Oct 13, 2018
Fetula4u:
FALLACY
Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by stacyadams: 12:04pm On Oct 13, 2018
MicroBox:
80% of people don't enjoy a perfect marriage...
I get mad at my wife for every slightest mistake but I sat myself down and spoke to the person in me.
Now everything is fine...
If you allow the thought continues, it will keep escalating to different things everyday and the result will be hate quarrel and divorce..
Your spouse is still that same person, what you need is little adjustment and be more focus on what and where you want your children to be later in life.
..Na Pikin dey keep marriage going..
PRACTICAL
Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 13, 2018
I don't think we utilise the tool of venting out some of our frustrations as this goes a long way in helping is go through life's hurdles better.
Anyway this is a WhatsApp group link invite for anyone who wants to be listened to.
https:///DnBwTKNAfgR18Hr06BMkdb
Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by darlenese(f): 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2018
Pastev1:

I will advice u to remove your long throat from the other person and focus on your marriage.

this post is obviously from Longerthroated Housewife who rushed into marriage.

2 Likes

Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
face and focus on your marriage.
Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by Pastev1(m): 9:32am On Oct 18, 2018
I must sincerely appreciate each and everyone that contributes to my heart pouring grieve, your advice are fully accepted by me, i don't know about you out there that facing same itch! God bless you all...
Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by jashar(f): 9:09am On Oct 19, 2018
It's because your eye is still outside that's why you feel the person you should have married is doing fantastic in life.

Were you forced into the marriage? After 3 years, you just realise that... What do you feel is lacking in your marriage?
Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by livingseed: 8:05pm On Oct 19, 2018
Pastev1:
I must sincerely appreciate each and everyone that contributes to my heart pouring grieve, your advice...

Additionally, let me recommend that for any project you may want to get involved with, you need to try not to underestimate the time, energy, effort and money necessary to bring your project to the point of success because when you incorrectly estimate what it takes to do something, you will have quit or failed in your mind, face and presentation. You won't develop the persistence necessary to get your mission accomplished.

However, when you correctly estimate the effort necessary, you will assume the appropriate posture. The forces will sense by your actions that you're a higher force to be reckoned with and are not going away— and it will begin to respond accordingly. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by CAPSLOCKED: 8:18pm On Oct 19, 2018
Fetula4u:

I DON'T SEE HOW TALKING AND LISTENING TO YOURSELF HELPS IN SUCH CRUCIAL ISSUES.
Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by frozen70(f): 7:13am On Oct 20, 2018
Pastev1:

Situations like that is very sensitive

It's either you find a way to make your self happy while leaving with it

Or you seek for a divorce that is if you think it's necessary

Because of pretence and lies from people and their behaviours, so many people are not happy in their marriage

Just find a way to sort out your self

You are responsible for your happiness and don't let any one regulate or determine your happiness
Re: What Should You Do When You Realized That You Make A Mistake In Your Marriage by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 20, 2018
Acidosis:

3 things you should do;

Focus on your spouse and make your marriage work. When I move, I move on completely without looking back. I nor dey regret anything, even if you become Queen Elizabe[/b]th tomorrow.

[b]That's one of the major reasons I advise everyone to make spousal decisions based on sensible reasons (e.g. character/attitude, genuine love, passion, compassion, etc
.), not stup!d reasons like current bank statement, and other temporarily vague reasons. While the former rarely and hardly change, the latter ALWAYS change. Majority of the great leaders today were at some point extremely broke and needy. When your decision is based on the former (like I always do), you will never ever regret anything.
No truer words. Detailed and well said!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice Pls / What Is The Hardest Truth You Had To Accept About Life That Made You Stronger / ##### Airtime Giveaway (March Edition): 1k Airtime Each For 15 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.