Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,685 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Thread For Mechanical Engineers... - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thread For Mechanical Engineers... (11227 Views)

Thread For May 2021 BCS Certificate Exam / Mechanical Engineering Or Computer Science? / OND Mechanical Engineers Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 15, 2018
mrvitalis:

How can you be asking engineers about engines

Do you even know the job description of an engineer?
Technologist and then technicians like you before you get to the craft man

Even a robot can be coded to to the work of a technician and repair and fix an engine... It won't take someone a week of serious training to Able to dismantle and assemble and engine
So don't feel fly

Engines coupling and maintenance are not part of the job description of an engineer those are f9r technicians...

So go play with your follow technicains this are for the elite boys

Run along once again
OK, I'll play with my fellow technician. You claiming to be an engineer, yet you've not invented anything in your life, you don't even know the procedures to produce a bolt. Yes, i know robot can be program to couple & discouple engine, but can you design a robot? Bro in any perspective I'm not sure you're better to me. What course in your school days that you can lecture very well without worries?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by mrvitalis(m): 3:03pm On Oct 15, 2018
Blyzz:
OK, I'll play with my fellow technician. You claiming to be an engineer, yet you've not invented anything in your life, you don't even know the procedures to produce a bolt. Yes, i know robot can be program to couple & discouple engine, but can you design a robot? Bro in any perspective I'm not sure you're better to me. What course in your school days that you can lecture very well without worries?
Bolt production? Really do you know who I am?

I can school you on fluid mechanics ,heat and mass transfer, thermodynamics ....

I was school by 12 MIT professors in the University of Nigeria,....like I said go play with you mates

I don't argue with technicians

Oya run along
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 15, 2018
mrvitalis:

Your problem is you dobt even understand engineering,
You can dismantle an engine ...but if I bring any bolt from their and school you On it you would know you know nothing

You are just a technician that's all not an engineer

You are like a drug dispenser claiming to be a doctor because he gives people drugs and set get well

Oga open Wikipedia and read the function of an engineer
Good day
I know I'm not an engineer, good. Is it not certification that makes one an engineer, right? It OK, upon the millions of engineers we have here in Nigeria what change has they made? Only few are into production, & most of them deeply rely on importation. Bro, forget that matter of being an engineer. I've broad knowledge in construction also, I've work with construction companies. I know the steps taken to build vessel, tug boat, barge etc. I wish every engineer in Nigeria should come up with a design before they grant them a certified engineer, it would have be better and helpful to the nation.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 15, 2018
mrvitalis:

I can school you on fluid mechanics ,heat and mass transfer, thermodynamics ....

I was school by 12 MIT professors in the University of Nigeria,....like I said go play with you mates

Oya run along
OK guru in the field. Mind you, i can also teach on fluid, thermodynamic 1, automobile, maintenance & engineering drawing. (Heat and mass transfer are part of thermodynamic)

1 Like

Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 15, 2018
mrvitalis:

Oya run along
OK guru in the field. Mind you, i can also teach on fluid, thermodynamic 1, automobile, maintenance & engineering drawing. (Heat and mass transfer are part of thermodynamic) please for the awareness of others who thinks coupling an engine is just the basic, not really. The major aspects of Mechanical Assembly is to properly timed your engine to function accurately. Timing is all abt engine. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 15, 2018
ariesbull:

ND holders are smarter than the BSC engineers because the ND AND THE HND Holders have hands on experience

I respect them
Thanks bro. I had five years of working experience before i further my education for an ND program. I attended a paramilitary sch with severe training. I'm gifted in construction, technology etc. I was sent invitation letter from Sistrom in Moscow Russian 2016 but I couldn't meet up with the necessities. I still have my exhibition with me & other related ideas on electronics. All I need is to showcase my design and ideas & to work with a group of technologist in actualizing my dream.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 15, 2018
alatbaba1:

my brother don't .... don't start what u can't finish.
I'm not here for I too know business, I'm here to solve engines problems. Thank you!
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by sonofthunder: 3:42pm On Oct 15, 2018
mrvitalis:

I have been reading your comments and I laugh

First this Trend is for mechanical engineers and graduates ...students can be allowed

But you dont fall into any of this category

What your studied is "mechanical engineering technology "

It's way different from mechanical engineering... If you don't know the difference google is your friend

You are like a nurse engineers are like doctors... Hope you get that

Now run along
wicked
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by ariesbull: 6:56pm On Oct 15, 2018
mrvitalis:

Lol do you know the work description of an engineer ?

And as for my designs that's personal

Show us your prototype or patent
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by ariesbull: 6:58pm On Oct 15, 2018
Blyzz:
I know I'm not an engineer, good. Is it not certification that makes one an engineer, right? It OK, upon the millions of engineers we have here in Nigeria what change has they made? Only few are into production, & most of them deeply rely on importation. Bro, forget that matter of being an engineer. I've broad knowledge in construction also, I've work with construction companies. I know the steps taken to build vessel, tug boat, barge etc. I wish every engineer in Nigeria should come up with a design before they grant them a certified engineer, it would have be better and helpful to the nation.

Don't mind them

They are here arguing ...was INNOSON an engineer
Was Henry Ford an engineer
Was Facebook owner an engineer

My brother the guys designing weapons aren't even engineers

The intent is there and information abound...so the era of Nigeria engineer carrying papers up and down is gone

Go to Aba and see guys fabricating stuffs and marvel

1 Like

Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by ariesbull: 7:01pm On Oct 15, 2018
SunFlow:
Just graduated... Mechanical Engineering power plant option.

Federal polytechnic nekede Owerri

Don't even call yourself an engineer as they would say! You just have a freaking HND

ask NSE ?

They would call you technician
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by mrvitalis(m): 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2018
ariesbull:

Show us your prototype or patent

How much can you pay
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by SunFlow(m): 7:16pm On Oct 15, 2018
ariesbull:

Don't even call yourself an engineer as they would say! You just have a freaking HND

ask NSE ?

Bro. The End justifies the means.
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by SunFlow(m): 7:17pm On Oct 15, 2018
ariesbull:

ask NSE ?

Bro, the end justifies the means.
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by ariesbull: 7:17pm On Oct 15, 2018
SunFlow:

Bro. The End justifies the means.

Your right but trust the NSE folks...the HND are better and that is why firms employ them more
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by blogbuilder: 7:26pm On Oct 15, 2018
ariesbull:

ask NSE ?

You're neither an engineer or a technologist until you're certified as one by the regulatory bodies.

As a fresh graduate with little or no experience, you can register in the graduate category with NSE.
Same goes to an HND holder, you can register with NATE as a grad technologist.

In the hierarchy of engineering, engineers needs technologist to survive, the technologist needs technician to survive and so on.

My point is, don't try to make anyone feel inferior because of their qualifications.
Qualifications don't make you, you made yourself.

Your level of development and research will determine how far you'll go in the engineering sector.

The problem we have in this country is because we value certificate more than the what we can offer.

Most of the whites coming to install engines in Nigeria are mere technicians in their countries and you'll be seeing how our so call professor will be saying yes sir to all they say.

I wept for the engineering sector in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2018
ariesbull:

Don't mind them

They are here arguing ...was INNOSON an engineer
Was Henry Ford an engineer
Was Facebook owner an engineer

My brother the guys designing weapons aren't even engineers

The intent is there and information abound...so the era of Nigeria engineer carrying papers up and down is gone

Go to Aba and see guys fabricating stuffs and marvel
God bless you bro. Certification doesn't make one an engineer, it what you can introduce to help the society, let join hands together and improve in our area of specialization. Until we hide the pride of certification then we're not ready to better develope the nation. May God bless Nigeria and all its citizens.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by alatbaba1(m): 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
Blyzz:
I'm not here for I too know business, I'm here to solve engines problems. Thank you!

but this one u are threatening all of us for here. u don't even know what some of use do for a living.
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 15, 2018
alatbaba1:

but this one u are threatening all of us for here. u don't even know what some of use do for a living.
Sorry pls, I ain't aware if I threatened anyone. No hard feelings. It been long I stress my brain on engine problems. I just need questions to refresh myself. Good evening!
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by sosidauto(m): 8:07am On Oct 16, 2018
uuzba:

So far you can pay your house rent and marry responsibly.
even more than that I can even marry two if I want togrin
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by ariesbull: 8:40am On Oct 16, 2018
Blyzz:
God bless you bro. Certification doesn't make one an engineer, it what you can introduce to help the society, let join hands together and improve in our area of specialization. Until we hide the pride of certification then we're not ready to better develope the nation. May God bless Nigeria and all its citizens.

Who even regard the Nigerian engineer that can't even fabricate or have prototype..go and see guys and kids doing marvel ..go to east , go to Aba, alaoji, Etc see guys fabricating ...go to Nnewi , go to China , go to Vietnam and see guys fabricatin
These guys aren't engineers...some are even self taught...the internet is there...any body can build drones or even bombs ...the internet is there

The crazy ass Nigerian engineer can't even build an overhead bridge ! The latest overhead bridge at Anthony by Gbagada Lagos was built by Julius Berger yet we have clowns that parade themselves as enginerrs
Give them jobs to do like road works and construction they mess it up

They should wake up ! No body needs their services again...we are in an era of knowledge and information is everywhere

1 Like

Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by ariesbull: 8:44am On Oct 16, 2018
blogbuilder:

You're neither an engineer or a technologist until you're certified as one by the regulatory bodies.

As a fresh graduate with little or no experience, you can register in the graduate category with NSE.
Same goes to an HND holder, you can register with NATE as a grad technologist.

In the hierarchy of engineering, engineers needs technologist to survive, the technologist needs technician to survive and so on.

My point is, don't try to make anyone feel inferior because of their qualifications.
Qualifications don't make you, you made yourself.

Your level of development and research will determine how far you'll go in the engineering sector.

The problem we have in this country is because we value certificate more than the what we can offer.

Most of the whites coming to install engines in Nigeria are mere technicians in their countries and you'll be seeing how our so call professor will be saying yes sir to all they say.

I wept for the engineering sector in Nigeria

Now you are talking...all these paper degree certificate engineer that doesn't have or can't have any invention, experience are they engineers..?

Oh yes! They are paper weight and also you should stop denials ..the NIGERIAN SOCIETY OF ENGINEERS don't consider HND an engineers the dichotomy is still there so tell me something else pls
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by ariesbull: 8:48am On Oct 16, 2018
mrvitalis:

Oya run along

You can school him but you can't demonstrate it.. you can only school him

As an engineer can you show us your works ..practical works don't come and throw written works ...we ain't interested in that

Show us practicality Biko
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by mrvitalis(m): 8:56am On Oct 16, 2018
ariesbull:

You can school him but you can't demonstrate it.. you can only school him

As an engineer can you show us your works ..practical works don't come and throw written works ...we ain't interested in that

Show us practicality Biko
Engineer work is theory and theories alone fomulation of ideas practicals can be done by any fool

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by ariesbull: 9:00am On Oct 16, 2018
mrvitalis:

Engineer work is theory and theories alone fomulation of ideas practicals can be done by any fool

I give up ! The word engineer is even a practical word let me give you a crash course maybe you don't know what you studied. It's a shame that our education has gotten this low ...now this is the meaning of engineer

engineer
ɛndʒɪˈnɪə/
noun
a person who designs, builds, or maintains engines, machines, or structures.
synonyms: designer, planner, builder, architect, producer, fabricator, developer, creator; More
a person who controls an engine, especially on an aircraft or ship.
synonyms: engineering officer, controller, handler, driver; More
verb
design and build (a machine or structure).
"the men who engineered the tunnel"
skilfully arrange for (something) to occur.
"she engineered another meeting with him"
synonyms: bring about, cause, arrange, pull off, bring off, fix, set up, plot, scheme, contrive, plan, put together, devise, manoeuvre, manipulate, negotiate, organize, orchestrate, choreograph, mobilize, mount, stage, put on, mastermind, originate, manage, stage-manage, coordinate, control, superintend, direct, conduct, handle, concoct;

Now the do you know why we have workshop in engineering school ? For practice

Oh I forget you are a Nigerian engineer you haven't ventured or entered into the workshop before ...they dish you old theories

You see why we don't take Nigerian engineers serious ...book book book
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by ariesbull: 9:05am On Oct 16, 2018
My advice to young engineer and young graduates...the future workplace isn't degree based but practical! Anybody can read theories we have tons of them online but anybody can't do practical

Gaining experience as a mechanical engineer is crucial
Yes, universities matter. Yes, choosing a country which needs mechanical engineers matter. But you know what’s something that employers value even more? Experience. Hardcore, getting-hands-dirty experience.

As long as you go out there and start developing your Mechanical Engineering skills by doing internships, taking part-time jobs, volunteering, or shadowing professionals, you have the best chance of not only graduating with a great diploma, but also with practical insight about how to get the job done.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 16, 2018
ariesbull:

Who even regard the Nigerian engineer that can't even fabricate or have prototype..go and see guys and kids doing marvel ..go to east , go to Aba, alaoji, Etc see guys fabricating ...go to Nnewi , go to China , go to Vietnam and see guys fabricatin
These guys aren't engineers...some are even self taught...the internet is there...any body can build drones or even bombs ...the internet is there

The crazy ass Nigerian engineer can't even build an overhead bridge ! The latest overhead bridge at Anthony by Gbagada Lagos was built by Julius Berger yet we have clowns that parade themselves as enginerrs
Give them jobs to do like road works and construction they mess it up

They should wake up ! No body needs their services again...we are in an era of knowledge and information is everywhere

crystal clear. You've said it all, how wish the government can see to this. Most times I really don't like to stress my elbow on the internet issues cos it won't change anything. I so much believe on what I can do physically. May God bless Nigeria. Thanks so much for your concern brother. Have a great day ahead!

1 Like

Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by ariesbull: 10:14am On Oct 16, 2018
Blyzz:
crystal clear. You've said it all, how wish the government can see to this. Most times I really don't like to stress my elbow on the internet issues cos it won't change anything. I so much believe on what I can do physically. May God bless Nigeria. Thanks so much for your concern brother. Have a great day ahead!

In developed country they have decided emohasised on paper certification...it's hands on experience

1 Like

Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 16, 2018
It hurts me whenever I come across something like this.
To me oo, I think the Polytechnic graduate have more practical experience than their university counterpart. The only thing a university graduate can use to do show off is his theoretical knowledge which is even outdated. The same theory that is been thought in 1945 is still the same thing they are teaching us in 2018. No new ideas, no new invention, no new innovation, all they know is theory X, Y, Z. e.t.c. All this things are not applicable in the real world.
We need to restructure our education sector in Nigeria.
To me o, the real engineers are the road side engineers, while the so-called university engineers who can't fix ordinary electrical switch are the QUACK ENGINEERS.

Proudly a technologist

1 Like

Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by blackgold2018(m): 12:42pm On Oct 16, 2018
Reading through some comments I saw a whole mechanical graduate claiming engineering is theory and anybody can do the practical. I give up.
While I came here for my own enquiry though. Please what are the basic IT knowledge an engineer should know or learn after graduation/Nysc??

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers... by almujahidy: 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ibrahim Usman Olasunkanmi is my name.
I am a graduate of Mechanical Engineering from University of Ilorin, 2012 and I am currently working in a small Powerplant. I'm seeking to meet professionals and colleagues who I would benefit from career-wise and get a network for promising jobs and ideas. It's an honor and privilege to meet you engineers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Ways To Secure Your Current Job / How Much Monthly Salary Can Give One 'Big Guy/Girl' Status In Nigeria? / Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.