Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others (32568 Views)

Afenifere Reacts To Peter Obi's Emergence As Atiku’s Running Mate / Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate / South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by Daboomb: 9:27am On Oct 13, 2018
sanpipita:

Ekiti and Osun elections prove SW is a battle ground, you guys forget Igbos has a large population in SW that can give bloc votes, even tinubu might end up working for atiku

Stop being delusional!

How come the Igbos did not use their "large population" to elect Jimi Agbaje of PDP back then in 2015?
How come they did not use it to win Lagos for Jonathan, back then in 2015?
How come the Igbo large population in the SW is not used to win Ekiti Governorship for Fayose' stooge?
What about Osun, how come Igbos did not elect Adeleke as Governor?

I know Igbos are very emotional people but l am talking FACTS here.
What is the percentage of Igbos in the SW, who have PVC and what percentage of those with PVC will come out to vote in the SW?
grin grin

Abeg, this gamble don backfire for Atiku

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by Shichet09(m): 9:27am On Oct 13, 2018
I think credibility, knowledge of the economy should be the order of the day,
If PDP are corrupt and yet under dat Govt we had great achievement and people didnt die of hunger as compared to one terrible administration, where freedom of speech is restricted, then i think we'd rather take a tent with AOB.
Which do u prefer indirect corruption(where selected few benefit) or direct corruption where all Nigerians benefit.
I believe the theory of JEREMY BENTHAM called Bentham Criterion on Welfare which says "Greatest goods for the greatest number"
A.OBi-greatest $ money for greatest population
B.OSi-greatest money for selected few.*
Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by kalu61(m): 9:28am On Oct 13, 2018
codedguy1:

We are talking about how to revamp the economy you are talking about your tribesman being in a VP position. Pray tell what has osinbajo being VP brought to the sw, what did obasnjo as a president bring to the sw? What did Jonathan as a president bring to as? Being myopic and tribalistic at the same time is curse.

You will rather suffer for the next 4years ad be satisfied just because your tribesman is the VP when you benefit nothing just because you don't want another tribesman to be VP who might get is out of this fallen economy where people are earning 18k a month.

Buhari has failed and should not be given a second chance so we will remove him. If Atiku messes up we take him out too, because we can't do anything once they get there, the office of the president especially.

If Atiku and obi get in and stimulate the economy where people can do business and prosper who will pay attention to who is his tribesman in govt, as long as the person is competent.
bro leave the guy. his heart is with atiku but his problem is Obi.l would have supported any choice of atiku for vp but seems the guy carry tinubu matter for head

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by sanpipita(m): 9:29am On Oct 13, 2018
Sannisege:
From your logic, then Anambra is also a battle ground since APC came second ahead of PDP in gurbernatorial elections.

Isn't about being second but margin, anambra was won by a landslide, you cant say same about ekiti and osun, moreover APC has internal party issues look at Ogun.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by sanpipita(m): 9:32am On Oct 13, 2018
Daboomb:

Stop being delusional!

How come the Igbos did not use their "large population" to elect Jimi Agbaje of PDP back then in 2015?
How come they did not use it to win Lagos for Jonathan, back then in 2015?
How come the Igbo large population in the SW is not used to win Ekiti Governorship for Fayose' stooge?
What about Osun, how come Igbos did not elect Adeleke as Governor?

I know Igbos are very emotional people but l am talking FACTS here.
What is the percentage of Igbos in the SW, who have PVC and what percentage of those with PVC will come out to vote in the SW?
grin grin

Abeg, this gamble don backfire for Atiku

Igbos were a factor to why Agbaje was able to put up a fight, PDP will get substantial votes in SW this is no news, if you like you can argue, everyone is tired of this failed govt.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by zickie: 9:33am On Oct 13, 2018
fiizznation:
Atiku is very corrupt. Dude looted $16billion together with obasanjo his former boss. Atiku singlehandedly destroyed Nitel, he embezzled custom money when he was the boss. The American government indicted his stealing ass because Atiku was also involved in the Halliburton crime.

Mr Atiku's lootocracy has crossed into every continent of this earth. And some people want Nigerians to vote for a corrupt criminal like Atiku. Never again!!!

They say the devil you know is better than the angel you dont know. What is atiku looking for in asorock? An incompetent Buhari is a million times better than a corrupt atiku. Atikulation my foot!!! More like "a thief circulation"

And that feminine peter obi didn't help any matter. Rather he made everything worse. Anyway we will see how a corrupt man with his silly running mate will enter asorock. It will never ever ever happen.

Lol we are just waiting for proper election campaign to start and atiku will forever regret why pdp nominated his stealing ass to be their flag bearer

Sai buhari 2019

Really I think right now, I prefer corruption.

PS: before you spew rubbish, check my post on 2015 elections, I campaigned for Buhari with my whole being. Biggest mistake I ever made . may Gej forgive me. Now I'll make right that mistake. Baba back to Daura

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by Daboomb: 9:38am On Oct 13, 2018
kalu61:
if you agreed on the above then leave SW, about 30% of SW are none indigenes. It's painful you wanted a vp from SW though but that isn't going to help. PDP will get at least 40% of SW votes. mark it somewhere

Why is it Painful to you? grin grin

It is sad that you guys dont understand human psychology!
Atiku will get majority of the votes in the S/East, irrespective of where his running mate comes from .... (because most Easterners will not vote for APC/Buhari), but that cannot take him to Aso Rock.

If he were smart, he would try to get the Votes of the S/West IN ADDITION to that of the S/East, by picking a S/West running mate. He should have tried to 'snatch' some votes from the S/West, from Buhari/APC..... by taking one of their own as running mate.

With his choice of Peter Obi from the SEast (not minding that peter Obi was rejected by his own people in 2015 as he could not deliver his state to PDP, after eight years in power!), he has solidly and finally taken himself and PDP put of the S/West and given it to Buahri/APC.

The S/East = Atiku + Obi/PDP
The S/West = Buahri + Osinbajo/APC

Battle ground is now the Northern Votes and we all know that overall, Buhari will floor Atiku in the North combined.
Like in 2015,
Win or Share North and Win South West, Buhari gets elected.
Share North and Win S/East, Atiku still cant get elected

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by jonuel1(m): 9:41am On Oct 13, 2018
fiizznation:
Atiku is not fit to be the president of nigeria, and this is not hatred my friend. He was the vp for eight good years,
Pray tell me, what has he done for Adamawa state? What has he done for the northeast? Even the road leading to his hometown is in a very bad shape. And you are telling me someone like Atiku is the messiah that will take Nigeria out of Egypt

answer the same question you asked abouy your principal....
Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by Sannisege: 9:42am On Oct 13, 2018
kalu61:
Ok, Niger sorry. What was osun result like. how many pdp are in Lagos house of assembly? If buhari should be concern with his swearing in agbada, why the wailing bro
You too sorry, what was Anambra gurbernatorial election results like?
Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by Chyxki: 9:43am On Oct 13, 2018
profjustine458:
“I will vote Buhari in 2019, As a pay back to all those that voted him in 2015. We will
die here together.... :p :p

I don't think this should be trending anymore... it's time for serious business. Something new that all Nigerians should look forward to is in the air. All regions, states, communities, and individuals will benefit from an Atiku/Obi leadership: no bloodshed, no lopsided leadership, no partiality, no vendetta!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by GoldHorse(m): 9:44am On Oct 13, 2018
Masterstroke or misfits strike? Depend on who you are talking to....

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by molas02: 9:45am On Oct 13, 2018
[quote author=fiizznation post=72038333][color=#990000]Atiku is not fit to be the president of nigeria, and this is not hatred my friend. He was the vp for eight good years,
Pray tell me, what has he done for Adamawa state? What has he done for the northeast? Even the road leading to his hometown is in a very bad shape. And you are telling me someone like Atiku is the messiah that will take Nigeria out of Egypt

thank God u know we are in Egypt being ruled by Pharaoh

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by Amumaigwe: 9:45am On Oct 13, 2018
fiizznation:
Personally i don't have any problem with Peter obi. I have never had any dealings with him, i have never had any contact with him. And to be fair to him, I think he is a competent technocrat(from his people's testimony). But Atiku is one corrupt Nigerian i know. Have come in contact with him even though it was indirect, I visited his hometown in the past, spent close to three freaking months there, I heard what his people said about him. And what they said about him was bad. Simply put, : Atiku is a thief. May God forgive him though......

What did they say about Buhari?

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by Sannisege: 9:46am On Oct 13, 2018
sanpipita:

Isn't about being second but margin, anambra was won by a landslide, you cant say same about ekiti and osun, moreover APC has internal party issues look at Ogun.
But at least APC won ahead of PDP and we know Obiano will rather work for Buhari than work for Peter Obi. BUhari has won the election already. Stop all this naivity.
Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 13, 2018
fiizznation:
Atiku is very corrupt. Dude looted $16billion together with obasanjo his former boss. Atiku singlehandedly destroyed Nitel, he embezzled custom money when he was the boss. The American government indicted his stealing ass because Atiku was also involved in the Halliburton crime.

Mr Atiku's lootocracy has crossed into every continent of this earth. And some people want Nigerians to vote for a corrupt criminal like Atiku. Never again!!!

They say the devil you know is better than the angel you dont know. What is atiku looking for in asorock? An incompetent Buhari is a million times better than a corrupt atiku. Atikulation my foot!!! More like "a thief circulation"

And that feminine peter obi didn't help any matter. Rather he made everything worse. Anyway we will see how a corrupt man with his silly running mate will enter asorock. It will never ever ever happen.

Lol we are just waiting for proper election campaign to start and atiku will forever regret why pdp nominated his stealing ass to be their flag bearer

Sai buhari 2019

My friend shut up. No single custom officer in nigeria has a clean record. My father worked under him in d late 80s at MMIA lagos and he is known to be a very good administrator.
Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by kalu61(m): 9:46am On Oct 13, 2018
Daboomb:

Why is it Painful to you? grin grin

It is sad that you guys dont understand human psychology!
Atiku will get majority of the votes in the S/East, irrespective of where his running mate comes from .... (because most Easterners will not vote for APC/Buhari), but that cannot take him to Aso Rock.

If he were smart, he would try to get the Votes of the S/West IN ADDITION to that of the S/East, by picking a S/West running mate. He should have tried to 'snatch' some votes from the S/West, from Buhari/APC..... by taking one of their own as running mate.

With his choice of Peter Obi from the SEast (not minding that peter Obi was rejected by his own people in 2015 as he could not deliver his state to PDP, after eight years in power!), he has solidly and finally taken himself and PDP put of the S/West and given it to Buahri/APC.

The S/East = Atiku + Obi/PDP
The S/West = Buahri + Osinbajo/APC

Battle ground is now the Northern Votes and we all know that overall, Buhari will floor Atiku in the North combined.
Like in 2015,
Win or Share North and Win South West, Buhari gets elected.
Share North and Win S/East, Atiku still cant get elected
you are making noise. while "should have picked his vp from SW'" that's the pain. If your heart is with buhari, you should be rejoicing for atiku mistake not had it being he picked SW vp. Obi lost Anambra because is APGA is in Anambra blood.Who will get SS vote? Buhari right? How about NC? you think NC with vote buhari to finish his genocide mission or NE to abandon their own.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by rico73(m): 9:47am On Oct 13, 2018
[quote author=fiizznation post=72037766][color=#990000]Atiku is very corrupt. Dude looted $16billion together with obasanjo his former boss. Atiku singlehandedly destroyed Nitel, he embezzled custom money when he was the boss. The American government indicted his stealing ass because Atiku was also involved in the Halliburton crime.

go back to your drugs so you can get better and and reason well.
Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by Foster117: 9:48am On Oct 13, 2018
profjustine458:
“I will vote Buhari in 2019, As a pay back to all those that voted him in 2015. We will
Lol abeg brother forgive us and let's come together for all of our sake..
We were wrong but blind folded
Abeg
Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by write2obi(m): 9:49am On Oct 13, 2018

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by kalu61(m): 9:51am On Oct 13, 2018
Sannisege:
You too sorry, what was Anambra gurbernatorial election results like?
Atiku is really giving you guys headache. APGA runs in anambra blood. One million buhari cannot change it. You needed Omisore help to win Osun and federal force for ekiti but you know what, is not going to happen in feb

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by whatmoreng: 9:51am On Oct 13, 2018
fiizznation:

Sai buhari 2019
story. i must vote for Atiku

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 13, 2018
[quote author=RTSC post=72038861]
Lol.
In the other thread, you were talking about atiku has lost the north because of obi.
As if there has ever been a monolithic north.

Now you are saying atiku has lost because of atiku, since obi is as clean as a whistle and as competent as Abraham Lincoln and you have nothing concrete against him.

Guy, you need help. Nobody should take you seriously.

From nigeria political history ... infact under pdp 16yrs rule who vice president help, it is just a ceremonial post or glorified supervising post .... times have shown vice president are just antics to secure votes as far as nigeria is concern.
Obi is as sound as osibanjo, but even with osibanjo as VP where as that taken us ...
History as shown in pdp 16yrs rule that Vp is just a ceremonial post with no contributions asides supervising projects ...
if atiku becums president & start laundering money again can gud OBi stop him ... who controls who. pdp is just a party of social media noise when election comes una go cry as usual thinking it was rigged becos of NL 100likes for atiku ..
Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by anytexy: 10:02am On Oct 13, 2018
profjustine458:
Pls, nau. forgive them for they no not what they were doing. just as Obj forgive Atiku.
Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by Sannisege: 10:04am On Oct 13, 2018
kalu61:
Atiku is really giving you guys headache. APGA runs in anambra blood. One million buhari cannot change it. You needed Omisore help to win Osun and federal force for ekiti but you know what, is not going to happen in feb
honestly Atiku was headache until he picked a SE person for VP. That finished his chances. Even Iweala would have been better cos she could sway female votes across board.
Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by delpee(f): 10:05am On Oct 13, 2018
Peter Obi is a good choice. He's experienced, prudent, humble and has integrity.
Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by micflo28(m): 10:07am On Oct 13, 2018
Those claiming atiku is corrupt. The question is, Why is Buhari not after him even while he crossed over to pdp. Only kids believe tainted media reports. Buhari is more corrupt than any other politician. It will all be unmasked after he leaves office. His corruption fight claim was a charade to win elections.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by slydog(m): 10:07am On Oct 13, 2018
Daboomb:

SW is NOT a battle ground at all.

Atiku just threw it away, into Buhari's lap.
If you are from the SW, what would make you vote for a party whose action and your Vote is a DIRECT REMOVAL of your Tribe from the Power equation (with respect to the Vice Presidency) and replacement of same with someone from the S/East?

Atiku must be high on Oshogbo weed. Even Osun will not vote for such Atiku/Obi combination at the expense of Osinbajo
The SW is lost to APC, confirm.

Question is, what has osibanjo done for me as a Yoruba man?? If not for the stubbornness of fayose and the ever shouting Afenifere, the herdsmen would HV run through the south west leaving death and blood behind.
You talk about Osun, of course even in 2011, osun was the only south west state that voted ACN, Jonathan won all the other west state including Edo. That changed in 2015 because we all became tired of him. All the PDP need to do is lay bare the facts in the south west, appeal to the common sense mentality of the south wey, and trust me, the common sense mentality of the south west will make them vote right irrespective of tribe, besides, the aim may not be to win the south west, but divide the votes there and cut buhari to his pre-2015 stature as a regional jingoist

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by softthings: 10:13am On Oct 13, 2018
fiizznation:

Sai buhari 2019
if buhari is your definition of integrity, I will choose corruption over integrity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by pokipoki: 10:13am On Oct 13, 2018
fiizznation:

Sai buhari 2019
Dude, I guess you are using your anus to think. You have a brain, use it please!!!
Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by sanpipita(m): 10:13am On Oct 13, 2018
Sannisege:
But at least APC won ahead of PDP and we know Obiano will rather work for Buhari than work for Peter Obi. BUhari has won the election already. Stop all this naivity.

Lol you think igbos are teleguided on who to vote for? ojukwu contested and didn't get bloc igbo votes, its obaino that will do it, he risks losing everything cos igbos don't joke when their made up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others by Sannisege: 10:21am On Oct 13, 2018
sanpipita:

Lol you think igbos are teleguided on who to vote for? ojukwu contested and didn't get bloc igbo votes, its obaino that will do it, he risks losing everything cos igbos don't joke when their made up
You mean Obiano risks losing everything as Peter Obi list everything?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development / Osanebi Ossai Buys A Range Rover Sport For Onwubolu Benjamin / Buhari Going Through Yahaya Bello's Nomination Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.