Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling (75097 Views)

Tinubu Bars FG Officials With No Direct UNGA Participation From Travelling / Travel Ban On 50 High-profile Nigerians Illegal, Repressive - SERAP To Buhari / PDP Rejects Travel Ban On 50 High-profile Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by Yankee101: 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2018
Contest this bullshit.

Supreme Court baby!

Daura dan buran uba!!
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by Butterflyleo: 6:40pm On Oct 13, 2018
Yankee101:

We copy the spirits of common and American law. No one is treated as guilty without a court ruling. Until the courts decide otherwise they are presumed innocent. If a flight risk they are bonded with equal or higher sums for the crimes they are accused of/with. They can also surrrender their passports but are usually returned for emergency treatments abroad (Dino Melaye V Police IG). That's why we have precedents. And in law making we do not repeat existing laws, tautology, Buhari himself has rejected NASS bills with the same argument on advise from his AG.

You are clearly a lost and confused soul.

The individual isn't under arrest nor are they guilty yet. They are simply going through an investigation while restricting the focus of this investigation.

Ask yourself why those who are yet to be tried in court are still red flagged at the airports abroad and restricted from flying?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by laffwitmi: 6:41pm On Oct 13, 2018
#IStandWithIntegrity.

Atiku will only rule Biafra

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by Yankee101: 6:44pm On Oct 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You are clearly a lost and confused soul.

The individual isn't under arrest nor are they guilty yet. They are simply going through an investigation while restricting the focus of this investigation.

Ask yourself why those who are yet to be tried in court are still red flagged at the airports abroad and restricted from flying?

I was only engaging you cos I thought you were a logical being. But when you begin to step into the realms of insults rather than salient arguments I know the material you're made up of. And pass.
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by vicdaram(m): 6:44pm On Oct 13, 2018
blackgold90:

You stand with buhari is buhari standing with you?
thunderfirebuha:

Is that idiot a court
You seems to be the authentic simpleton
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by ProGSM(m): 6:46pm On Oct 13, 2018
How please?
Bigval5:
guys do you use Airtel? Get Airtel 4.6GB for N200 and 23GB for N1000 see my signature
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by Butterflyleo: 6:48pm On Oct 13, 2018
Yankee101:

I was only engaging you cos I thought you were a logical being. But when you begin to step into the realms of insults rather than salient arguments I know the material you're made up of. And pass.

I repeat you are a lost soul.

Wailing nomad. Hug a transformer if it hurts.

Now you want to sound logical after calling us all zombies and fools and slaves who live in a zoo.

Who is the slave and zombie and fool now?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by toniok: 6:49pm On Oct 13, 2018
GMPO:
SIR GO TO THE NEAREST MARKET AND ASK THE AMOUNT FOOD ITEMS AND BASIC THINGS ARE SOLD.THANK YOU.

Which of the food item? Hope Garri is not part of it bcoz the price has come down considerably. Except rice which PMB insisted that we have capacity to grow for internal consumption and for export.
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by biggie73(m): 6:51pm On Oct 13, 2018
Am I on the list?
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by principalgee: 6:55pm On Oct 13, 2018
I'm loving this man more and more! How I wish Nigerians can think of the future of the unborn Nigerians
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by LewsTherin: 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2018
cool

1 Share

Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by Susu888(m): 6:59pm On Oct 13, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

Stop spamming this forum with trash abeg

Is Buhari a law court or you think we are in a dictatorial regimen

So he must go through constitutional means so u can find a loop hole abi? Besides why r u guyz crying na? Don’t u want to rule nigeria? Then why do u want to leave it? U must stay with us in this country so whtever violence u r planning will engulf us all with u in it. Thank u Baba... next is to jail them after 2019.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by Konki: 7:00pm On Oct 13, 2018
ZKOSOSO:
But Who ban Buhari himself from seeking illegal medical treatment abroad in London?

Wicked Hitler.......! Ya days are numbered...! TEKEL TEKEL...

His name is included for medical tourism
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by zombieTRACKER: 7:00pm On Oct 13, 2018
Susu888:

So he must go through constitutional means so u can find a loop hole abi? Besides why r u guyz crying na? Don’t u want to rule nigeria? Then why do u want to leave it? U must stay with us in this country so whtever violence u r planning will engulf us all with u in it. Thank u Baba... next is to jail them after 2019.

You sound hungry
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by orisa37: 7:03pm On Oct 13, 2018
It's bungling time.
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 13, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
#IStandWithIntegrity.

Say No To Corruption.

If We Don't Kill Corruption, Corruption Will Kill Nigeria~President Muhammadu Buhari
. Write with facts.
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by diebuhari1: 7:05pm On Oct 13, 2018
principalgee:
I'm loving this man more and more! How I wish Nigerians can think of the future of the unborn Nigerians
The same man that allowed Kemi Adeosun to travel out after her certificate forgery? The one that allowed Maina to sneak out?
Use your head
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by Ghozky(m): 7:09pm On Oct 13, 2018
#Atikulate 2019, I stand with Atiku.
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by laffwitmi: 7:15pm On Oct 13, 2018
#IStandWithIntegrity.

Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by lezan(m): 7:15pm On Oct 13, 2018
This is the main reason the elites are fighting Buhari. I wish some people will receive sense and know that the elites don’t mean well. OBJ and co are only fighting for their pocket. OBJ has a farm but does not sell his farm products to Nigerians yet the federal government pays for workers on his farm before Baba go slow stopped that nonsense
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 13, 2018
Bigval5:
guys do you use Airtel? Get Airtel 4.6GB for N200 and 23GB for N1000 see my signature
Scam
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by bilulu(m): 7:29pm On Oct 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You people just pull figures out of your arses all day. Your useless propaganda is stale and will not fly.

PMB till 2023 fully activated
the figure I gave is NBS Bros.... where did u get ur figure from?
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by Butterflyleo: 7:32pm On Oct 13, 2018
bilulu:

the figure I gave is NBS Bros.... where did u get ur figure from?

NBS gave that statistics as a continuum and not restricted to one year.

That's why its called STATISTICS. Post the report here le me teach you the language of statistics based on the words they used in the report
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by veesion: 7:40pm On Oct 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Is that all?
Yes dat summarises all u wish to know
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by mechanics(m): 7:44pm On Oct 13, 2018
fallout87:
He's wicked, so no surprise
He's not wicked.
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by mechanics(m): 7:46pm On Oct 13, 2018
Bigval5:
what is the trick.
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by moderatedguy: 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Go and contest it. Wailing nomad
Dumb Zombie I see u dont understand English.
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by chrisobi1: 8:00pm On Oct 13, 2018
Hahahahah!!! Funny u, just this short list in 16years,
this government have sent over 2000, both large ,medium and small scale business packing with infliction of abject poverty to the masses let's be straightforward. U left fixing ur people's basic needs and u are fighting corruption, which to me u are witch hunting. Lol, laughable, when everybody dies den u will rule alone, after fighting corruption...
NgeneUkwenu:
#IStandWithIntegrity.

Say No To Corruption.

If We Don't Kill Corruption, Corruption Will Kill Nigeria~President Muhammadu Buhari
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by Oluwabusobomi(f): 8:01pm On Oct 13, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
#IStandWithIntegrity.

Say No To Corruption.

Beware of high BP
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by telleyway: 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2018
yns4real:
The presidency has just circulated the statement below announcing the placement of 50 high-profile Nigerians on travelling restrictions.

The individuals, whose identities were not disclosed, include those whose assets, valued at N50million and above, are subject of corruption investigation and litigation.

The statement by presidential spokesperson, Garba Shehu, said the measure is part of the implementation of Executive Order Number 6 which seeks to ensure “that all assets within a minimum value of N50 million or equivalent, subject to investigation or litigation are protected from dissipation by employing all available lawful means, pending the final determination of any corruption-related matter.”

Mr Shehu added that the financial transactions of these persons of interest are also being monitored by relevant agencies to ensure the assets are not dissipated and that such persons do not interfere with,investigation and litigation processes.

READ FULL STATEMENT BELOW

STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

PRESIDENT BUHARI DIRECTS IMPLEMENTATION OF EO 6 IN FULL FORCE
[b][/b]

Following the instant judicial affirmation of the constitutionality and legality of the Executive Order 6 (EO6), President Muhammadu Buhari has mandated the Attorney-General of the Federation and the Minister of Justice to implement the Order in full force.

To this end, a number of enforcement procedures are currently in place by which the Nigeria Immigration Service and other security agencies have placed no fewer than 50 high profile persons directly affected by EO6 on watch-list and restricted them from leaving the county pending the determination of their cases.

Also, the financial transactions of these persons of interest are being monitored by the relevant agencies to ensure that the assets are not dissipated and such persons do not interfere with, nor howsoever corrupt the investigation and litigation processes.

It is instructive to note that EO6 was specifically directed to relevant law enforcement agencies to ensure that all assets within a minimum value of N50 million or equivalent, subject to investigation or litigation are protected from dissipation by employing all available lawful means, pending the final determination of any corruption-related matter.

The Buhari administration reassures all well-meaning and patriotic Nigerians of its commitment to the fight against corruption, in accordance with the 1999 Constitution (as amended) and the general principles of the Rule of Law.

Accordingly, this administration will uphold the rule of law in all its actions and the right of citizens would be protected as guaranteed by the Constitution.

We, therefore, enjoin all Nigerians to cooperate with the law enforcement authorities towards ensuring a successful implementation of the Executive Order 6 which is a paradigm-changing policy of the Federal Government in the fight against corruption.

Garba Shehu

Senior Special Assistant to the President

(Media & Publicity)

October 13, 2018

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/290187-breaking-buhari-bans-50-high-profile-nigerians-from-travelling.html

This is wasting of time. What happened to Madueke, Dasuki and the likes?
How many people are convicted during this their media corruption fight?
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by LANDLORD72: 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

Stop spamming this forum with trash abeg

Is Buhari a law court or you think we are in a dictatorial regimen
National Assembly have the power to veto such executive order so Buhari back to Daura.Atiku back to Aso Rock
Re: Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling by babaedo: 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2018
when will he charge Babachir lawal and Abdulrasheed maina to court? Buhari is a chronic Scan

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lati Raheem Is Dead! Tinubu's ‘Most Trusted’ Aide Dies After A Brief Illness / Throwback Of New IGP, Egbetokun At Tinubu's Coronation 33 Years Ago / Ex Corper That Converted To Islam As Vowed If BUHARI Wins Renounces Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.