Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate (47130 Views)

In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp / Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders / PDP Govs, Leaders Work For Buhari’s Re-Election [New Telegraph EXCLUSIVE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by cogbuagu: 5:38am On Oct 14, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Tflex01: 5:38am On Oct 14, 2018
Lol.... Zone presidency to the SE and watch the region go up in flames. cool

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by mezarddinny: 5:39am On Oct 14, 2018
igbos will always fight themselves, this is why they always complain of marginalisation, different cries from different groups so the govt don't know how to help them.

this is on of the major reasons why a tribe must have a leader, there should be somebody to arrange a truce that they can stick to but they don't have, giving other tribes a high chance of ruling them. How will state governors get angry with a good development? they only care about themselves, not the igbo nation but their masses still think other tribes are their enemies

19 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by escodotman: 5:40am On Oct 14, 2018
Igbos are the problems of themselves. They have been complaining of marginalization for a long time, now one of their own has been chosen and they want to bring him down! Maybe what we watch in Igbo movies about hating the progress of one another is true? Perhaps that is why the rest of the country hasn't been able to trust them with power.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by enemyofprogress: 5:40am On Oct 14, 2018
These people are criminals, they do not have the interest of the country in their hearts.

Igbos the major problem of Nigeria after boko haram and Fulani herdsmen

8 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by laffwitmi: 5:40am On Oct 14, 2018
Atiku,the BIAFRA president... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by mezarddinny: 5:40am On Oct 14, 2018
hucienda:
Na wa for these guys. Selfish interests.

Dem no say Obi bi conservative especially for moni matta and Madame Iweala difficult because she is highly principled.
is he not the one that fought with obiano because obiano refused to refund him 7b? don't lie to yourself, every governor we have had in nigeria is a fraud

10 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by nwabobo: 5:43am On Oct 14, 2018
kahal29:
Facts have emerged why the PDP governors and leaders in the Southeast are kicking against the choice of former governor of Anambra State governor, Mr Peter Obi as the party’s vice presidential candidate. The Atiku action has torn the South East chapter of the party apart.

According to an impeccable party source who pleaded anonymity, the governors and some of the leaders of the party in the zone have accused Atiku of reneging on his earlier promise and vowed to work against his candidacy.

The PDP chieftain told Sunday Sun that Atiku had earlier promised to use the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Prof. Charles Soludo as his running mate.

The chieftain who is also a Senatorial candidate in Anambra State said that the Southeast governors and some PDP leaders from the zone were working on endorsing President Muhammadu Buhari, since according to him, Atiku has shown that they do not matter in his political calculations.

“There will be peace if Soludo is made the running mate because that was what we agreed,” he said.

Asked if they still would have protested if former Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was chosen by Atiku he said: “There is no problem with her, but Soludo is better. You know the woman is difficult, when you go to her for anything she will accuse you of wanting to be given the resources of the country.

“There was a meeting in Enugu over this. Three governors came – Abia, Enugu and Ebonyi. Ebonyi Governor (Dave Umahi) is the Chairman of South East Governors’ Forum, he is angry over what happened.”

Governor Umahi had last Friday issued a statement dissociates himself from a release by his Chief Press Secretary, where the choice of Obi was hailed.

He said that the governors and leaders of the zone were not consulted before Atiku settled for Obi.

He explained that yesterday’s meeting by the governors and leaders of the party was to agree that Obi and his people would not have their way.

He disclosed that he had met with Atiku and his wife and told them that Obi’s choice cannot sell in Igbo land.

His words: “I met with Atiku’s wife on this, she said that I am a businessman, that the business environment will be made good, that Atiku will make things good. That is no promise.”

On where Governor Willie Obiano stood on the matter, he said: “How are you asking this type of question? Obiano totally rejects Obi. Obi has lost four governors from Southeast. APC already has Imo, so the entire five Southeast states are in the hands of APC. The zone is for Buhari.

Asked if Governor Umahi was serious on his threats, he said, “very serious. He is ready to work for Buhari.”

Narrating how they came about Soludo, the PDP henchman claimed that he and some leaders of the party held a meeting three months ago where Atiku promised him to pick his vice presidential candidate from the Southeast.

“He told us that the person he had in mind was Soludo and Anambra governor also supported it.

“I was instrumental to him winning the nomination. We started this spin doctor job months ago. Atiku met with me several times alongside Gbenga Daniel. He came to my house many times.

“After he was nominated, he went back on his promise, he changed completely and now brought Peter Obi instead of Soludo that we agreed upon. This is why all the Southeast governors and PDP leaders are kicking. Everybody is mad at Atiku for that singular decision.

“I heard Atiku said he did not consult us because PDP governors from Southeast voted for Tambuwal, that they did not vote for him.

“He said that Wike agreed that Peter Obi should be his running mate. But in doing that, he jettisoned the promised he made to us that we will choose the person that will take the slot.

“Like I said there is fire at the moment. Governors of Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Abia are angry. Governor of Enugu said he has discussed with a former governor in the Southeast that he will vote according to his conscience. He said that everybody deserves a second term, that Buhari deserves second term. He said that he as governor of Enugu needs second term, so he will not stop the president from enjoying second term. He said he will support the president if he seeks second term.”

Apart from other reasons they adduced for opposing the choice of former Anambra governor, he contended that “Peter Obi is not a liberal politician, he is a conservative. His candidacy will not sell. Many of us who know him very well know that he is unreliable, tricky and selfish. He says one thing and does another. There is a problem in the PDP house and if it is not handled well it will jeopardize Atiku’s ambition.

“I will soon come out to say all that I am telling you publicly. I feel cheated by Atiku. I have complained to friends. Atiku’s wife has begged me, but I refused to accept her pleas.

“I have resolved to work for Buhari and I know that several other people are doing same.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/why-seast-govs-leaders-moved-against-obi-as-atikus-vice/

Chris Uba speaking.

For starters, Soludo is a member of APGA.

4 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by wristbangle: 5:44am On Oct 14, 2018
modath:

That's what binds the elite...

Doubt he ran Peter Obi as Vice by his new found Crush/Bae OBJ & got him to support it.... Soludo is OBJ's guy anyday, anytime...

The SE govs will just find a way to kam daun & go with the flow, now they've put it in the public domain that Soludo is "non- conservative" (whatever it means), all bets are off.... Atiku can't go back no more... He has no choice but to forge ahead & collect the inevitable L with Obi in February. cool

Aunt,

A house divided against itself can't work. Shebi dey said how can a drug baron impose someone on us and everybody agree like Z+++

Oro ti n so ra e. cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Qrisful: 5:44am On Oct 14, 2018
First rule of the street, "NEVER GET HIGH, ON YOUR OWN SUPPLIES" IKE EKWEREMADU is using some useless governors, idiotic senators, and selfish Igbos to fight against Mr. Peter Obi, but like,THE ASHES IN THE WIND, IT GOES UP, AND DISAPPEARS, Igbos are the real enemies of themselves, NOBODY MARGINALIZED THE IGBOS, THE IGBOS MARGINALIZED THEMSELVES. Ike Ekweremadu thinks it is his right, to be the VP, been the highest politically elected person in Igbo land as deputy senate president under PDP, in which Atiku emerged, forgotten that it was the Igbo youths shouting MARGINALIZATION that kept him as deputy senate president till now, some of these youths sacrificed themselves for what they believed in, Although it is too late to stop Mr. Peter Obi, becoming the VP to Atiku, but history can never be forgotten. Common sense in reality, is not common.

12 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Anambralstson: 5:45am On Oct 14, 2018
[s]
Yyeske:
I've said this earlier that PDP made a big mistake giving Atiku the ticket, a man who still has many skeletons in his cupboard and bringing up Peter Obi as his vice, knowing fully well that he and Obiano are not in talking terms and don't see eyeball to eyeball. Obiano will do everything possible to frustrate Peter Obi and PDP in Anambra.
Peter Obi couldn't win his local government for PDP in the last guber election in Anambra and the party coming a distant third behind APGA and APC says so much about Peter's political influence in the state.
For those who don't know, Anambra people were angered when Peter left APGA for PDP and can't trust him anymore.
[/s]
Rubbish
As APGA member we are 200% support of Peter Obi, face your APC

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Yyeske(m): 5:45am On Oct 14, 2018
afroniger:
I don't think Obi candidacy will go far without SE leaders support. If Obiano doesn't support him then Atiku should forget it.
Obi as vice can't sell in Anambra, how much more in the entire SE, you can see the fallout already.
PDP really messed up in their choice this time.
People in Anambra still feel that Peter Obi betrayed Great Ojukwu after he left APGA, a promise he made to the late Ikemba. He's just an opportunist looking for his pocket, that's how people see him.

10 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Alal(m): 5:45am On Oct 14, 2018
Igbo leaders and their funny controversies, thieves, looters. Because they know they will not be able to control Obi when he becomes the VP they're rejecting him. This is a shameful scene,we are watching.

5 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by SarkinYarki: 5:45am On Oct 14, 2018
Are these not the same 5 governors that opened the gates to the east to Buhari to come and murder their children and they didn't say a thing in protest

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Yyeske(m): 5:46am On Oct 14, 2018
Anambralstson:
[s][/s]
Rubbish
As APGA member we are 200% support of Peter Obi, face your APC
We shall see so relax.
It's all politics and not unnecessary emotions here.

8 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by afroniger: 5:49am On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
Obi as vice can't sell in Anambra, how much more in the entire SE, you can see the fallout already.
PDP really messed up in their choice this time.
People in Anambra still feel that Peter Obi betrayed Great Ojukwu after he left APGA, a promise he made to the late Ikemba. He's just an opportunist looking for his pocket, that's how people see him.

Interesting points. But the impression we have been getting via social media is that Obi's selection is really popular in Anambra, leaving Obiano with little choice than to support him.

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by BruncleZuma: 5:51am On Oct 14, 2018
APC APC today again...see as all of una time una comment for the same thread without spacing, has any governor given a press release to that effect? Be weary of the Ides of March my people.

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by aku626(m): 5:52am On Oct 14, 2018
Because it’s who they’re. Very divided bunch, so they can’t rally around their own instead of hating.

4 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Anambralstson: 5:53am On Oct 14, 2018
[s]
kahal29:
Facts have emerged why the PDP governors and leaders in the Southeast are kicking against the choice of former governor of Anambra State governor, Mr Peter Obi as the party’s vice presidential candidate. The Atiku action has torn the South East chapter of the party apart.

According to an impeccable party source who pleaded anonymity, the governors and some of the leaders of the party in the zone have accused Atiku of reneging on his earlier promise and vowed to work against his candidacy.

The PDP chieftain told Sunday Sun that Atiku had earlier promised to use the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Prof. Charles Soludo as his running mate.

The chieftain who is also a Senatorial candidate in Anambra State said that the Southeast governors and some PDP leaders from the zone were working on endorsing President Muhammadu Buhari, since according to him, Atiku has shown that they do not matter in his political calculations.

“There will be peace if Soludo is made the running mate because that was what we agreed,” he said.

Asked if they still would have protested if former Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was chosen by Atiku he said: “There is no problem with her, but Soludo is better. You know the woman is difficult, when you go to her for anything she will accuse you of wanting to be given the resources of the country.

“There was a meeting in Enugu over this. Three governors came – Abia, Enugu and Ebonyi. Ebonyi Governor (Dave Umahi) is the Chairman of South East Governors’ Forum, he is angry over what happened.”

Governor Umahi had last Friday issued a statement dissociates himself from a release by his Chief Press Secretary, where the choice of Obi was hailed.

He said that the governors and leaders of the zone were not consulted before Atiku settled for Obi.

He explained that yesterday’s meeting by the governors and leaders of the party was to agree that Obi and his people would not have their way.

He disclosed that he had met with Atiku and his wife and told them that Obi’s choice cannot sell in Igbo land.

His words: “I met with Atiku’s wife on this, she said that I am a businessman, that the business environment will be made good, that Atiku will make things good. That is no promise.”

On where Governor Willie Obiano stood on the matter, he said: “How are you asking this type of question? Obiano totally rejects Obi. Obi has lost four governors from Southeast. APC already has Imo, so the entire five Southeast states are in the hands of APC. The zone is for Buhari.

Asked if Governor Umahi was serious on his threats, he said, “very serious. He is ready to work for Buhari.”

Narrating how they came about Soludo, the PDP henchman claimed that he and some leaders of the party held a meeting three months ago where Atiku promised him to pick his vice presidential candidate from the Southeast.

“He told us that the person he had in mind was Soludo and Anambra governor also supported it.

“I was instrumental to him winning the nomination. We started this spin doctor job months ago. Atiku met with me several times alongside Gbenga Daniel. He came to my house many times.

“After he was nominated, he went back on his promise, he changed completely and now brought Peter Obi instead of Soludo that we agreed upon. This is why all the Southeast governors and PDP leaders are kicking. Everybody is mad at Atiku for that singular decision.

“I heard Atiku said he did not consult us because PDP governors from Southeast voted for Tambuwal, that they did not vote for him.

“He said that Wike agreed that Peter Obi should be his running mate. But in doing that, he jettisoned the promised he made to us that we will choose the person that will take the slot.

“Like I said there is fire at the moment. Governors of Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Abia are angry. Governor of Enugu said he has discussed with a former governor in the Southeast that he will vote according to his conscience. He said that everybody deserves a second term, that Buhari deserves second term. He said that he as governor of Enugu needs second term, so he will not stop the president from enjoying second term. He said he will support the president if he seeks second term.”

Apart from other reasons they adduced for opposing the choice of former Anambra governor, he contended that “Peter Obi is not a liberal politician, he is a conservative. His candidacy will not sell. Many of us who know him very well know that he is unreliable, tricky and selfish. He says one thing and does another. There is a problem in the PDP house and if it is not handled well it will jeopardize Atiku’s ambition.

“I will soon come out to say all that I am telling you publicly. I feel cheated by Atiku. I have complained to friends. Atiku’s wife has begged me, but I refused to accept her pleas.

“I have resolved to work for Buhari and I know that several other people are doing same.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/why-seast-govs-leaders-moved-against-obi-as-atikus-vice/
[/s]
Sun newspaper is own by Orji Kalu APC members, him and some useless politicians are bitter over Obi' choice, they never believe Obi will grabe the VP ticket before them, they are now using his media to push propaganda, Peter Obi is loved by Igbos and we will massively vote for him I'm APGA I love Peter Obi

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 14, 2018
Lol... leaders that cant even control their family thinks they can dictate to SE..

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 5:55am On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
I've said this earlier that PDP made a big mistake giving Atiku the ticket, a man who still has many skeletons in his cupboard and bringing up Peter Obi as his vice, knowing fully well that he and Obiano are not in talking terms and don't see eyeball to eyeball. Obiano will do everything possible to frustrate Peter Obi and PDP in Anambra.
Peter Obi couldn't win his local government for PDP in the last guber election in Anambra and the party coming a distant third behind APGA and APC says so much about Peter's political influence in the state.
For those who don't know, Anambra people were angered when Peter left APGA for PDP and can't trust him anymore.

The reason they gave for rejecting Obi just gingered my spirit to support Atiku the more. They are afraid that Obi will not give them access to federal money just like Iweala. In Southeast, governors don't dictate for the people that is why Buhari lost IMO despite Rocha's influence, hence I'm Atikulating the more

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by bac2daura: 5:55am On Oct 14, 2018
I thought this people have the right to vote just once if the 3% people can vote for the lifeless blood sucking pmb then it will be shocking

ATIKULATE before its too late

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Yyeske(m): 5:55am On Oct 14, 2018
afroniger:

Interesting points. But the impression we have been getting via social media is that Obi's selection is really popular in Anambra, leaving Obiano with little choice than to support him.
Don't mind those kids who know next to nothing about politics but coming online to tell the world what they know nothing about.
Obi is no longer a force to be reckoned with in Anambra today politically and Obiano is ever ready to make it remain so

5 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by escodotman: 5:59am On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
Mr man, when one of your own is going for such an exalted position, it is a different kettle of fish entirely. Don't you still get it? Read the post with your brain again and see how the talker campaigned for Peter Obi and praised him and Ngozi indirectly, saying how they are frugal with money and national wealth

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by kechywillz(m): 6:01am On Oct 14, 2018
angry Those sets of greedy south eastern politicians looking who they will able to remote,shame on you all,u idïots are not loved by your people,go do a street research and find out how u are loved by ur people,u will see how bad u guys are hated,Peter Obi or nothing else,the whole southeast is voting Atiku and Obi,fück u southeast governors nobody in d east cares about u getting angry or not

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by san316(m): 6:02am On Oct 14, 2018
Na dem Sabi.

As for me, I am Atikulated...

On twitter but...

Sai baba at the polling unit

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by sunbilor(m): 6:02am On Oct 14, 2018
Kayceo2010:
And you want me to believe this??.. I'm from Enugu and I bet you this ppl are spilling trash. Ugwuanyi to support Buhari for second term.. Lolzz.. grin grin
I laf una.
Why do you bother yourself with news from an APC paper? Don't you know the SUN is owned by Orji Uzor Kalu?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:02am On Oct 14, 2018
WisdomFlakes:

My own perspective on the unfolding drama is that it might be a ploy by the SE leaders to avoid a situation where it would appear that the Igbos are putting all their eggs in one basket, so to speak. That way in the event that Buhari defeats Atiku (which is the more likely outcome), they will cite this episode as proof that not all of them were in full support of Atiku. Thereby giving themselves some politcal bargaining room with Buhari in his second term. I see Buhari doing decently in the South East in 2019 irrespective of whom Atiku selects as his running mate.
You are dreaming
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Yyeske(m): 6:03am On Oct 14, 2018
escodotman:
Mr man, when one of your own is going for such an exalted position, it is a different kettle of fish entirely. Don't you still get it? Read the post with your brain again and see how the talker campaigned for Peter Obi and praised him and Ngozi indirectly, saying how they are frugal with money and national wealth
You with a brain should go underground and read the political permutations written all over it.
Campaign hasn't started yet o, do you think Obiano would ever give any support to PDP or you expect Obi to come and lord it over him? Use ya God given brain dear, it isn't there in your cranium for fancy

5 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 14, 2018
afroniger:
If this is true then it means these guys will ensure that Atiku will not have an impressive outing in the SouthEast. Atiku better take this impasse very serious and give it the urgent attention it deserves before it fatally damages his chances. If he loses their support and consequently fails to do well in the SE then he should consider his ambition dead-on-arrival.
No governor in south east can influence how we vote. We have a mind of our own. In fact, any governor that openly works against Obi and Atiku is greatly reducing his chances. That's south east for you. Unless inec doesn't bring voting material

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Akpacha(m): 6:05am On Oct 14, 2018
Soludo has always been a rebel, so unstable nigga.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by afroniger: 6:05am On Oct 14, 2018
jcmaiah:

No governor in south east can influence how we vote. We have a mind of our own. In fact, any governor that openly works against Obi and Atiku is greatly reducing his chances. That's south east for you. Unless inec doesn't bring voting material

OK sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

IPOB Attacks Hausa Residents In Rivers State. 2 Feared Dead / Nigeria Customs Intercepts Rifles Concealed In 40ft Container In Lagos (photos) / Igwe Chuma Angus Ojukwu's Campaign Poster For Anambra Governorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.