Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate (47082 Views)

In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp / Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders / PDP Govs, Leaders Work For Buhari’s Re-Election [New Telegraph EXCLUSIVE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by onuebonyi: 7:41am On Oct 14, 2018
You dey fall hand. Stop joining these people to run our own down. Irrespective of party affiliation we are one in Anambra. We do play bitter politics.

Yyeske:
We all know you are from Bornu so keep calm, just tell us where you reside in Igboland
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Yyeske(m): 7:41am On Oct 14, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

These people believe elections are built around emotions. Elections in Nigeria are about selfish interest, and it won't change because Ndigbo claim not to Love Buhari.

These Government want firm commitment from Buhari, that their Second term seat are secured.

Obiano will not want a Peter Obi to Lord things on him.

Some of the have eyes on 2023.

They already know how elections that brought them were concocted and know APC won't allow it next year.

And above all, they know 2nd tenure is already a concluded matter, so they don't want to be left out.
Summary of all I've been trying to burst into their empty brains but to no avail, you've said it all.
At least I now know that somebody is also in my line of thoughts all the while.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Moonie: 7:42am On Oct 14, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

APC was not on ground then. No Federal Power was deployed. They realized their mistake in Imo.

How come they couldn't return the Okigwe Senator in Imo State.? grin
Look at what you are saying yet you stand with integrity. You guys suck here! You need to deploy federal power to steal people's mandate and put in a leader the common folks on ground are against. Even Obasanjo's second term that was rigged most folks in South east voted obj ahead of Ojukwu cos they wanted stability. What rationale do you have to sell Buhari my friend? Its obvious many folks here are working for him. Cos we are so out of tune with reality. I think NL is full of am chair politicians. I'm out of here please.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by tech18: 7:42am On Oct 14, 2018
I am not a fan of Atiku and will never be one,but Peter Obi is not the right choice.

Senator Ike Ekweremadu is the right choice for the VP
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:43am On Oct 14, 2018
andyanders:
Igbos hate themselves in life. How can you governors not support your brother this time all because what you can get? You governors are wicked and greedy hence since independence, none has ever been a president. Look at how they are fighting for VC President position.

Is Soludo not that their brother? How come the Northerners are not shouting Atikuloot like our Igbo brothers? Why are they queuing behind Buhari? Is Atiku not their brother?

Do you honestly believe Atiku, has the slightest chance of being allowed to near Aso Rock, let alone being President? grin

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by ogtavia(m): 7:44am On Oct 14, 2018
Obiano is a huge fo.ol. The success he is riding on in his government is an offshoot of Peter Obi's administration. Apart from the fact that Obiano defected from APGA to PDP (which is not a new thing), let Obiano step forward together with other Igbo leaders and say how Peter Obi has wronged them legitimately. It is this kind of foolishness among SE governors that gives that Okorostatue of Imo confidence that he is a sane person.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by nokatakata: 7:44am On Oct 14, 2018
lol.. they actually want Atiku to give them money. once he shares the dollars, they will all keep quiet.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Jonathan39: 7:46am On Oct 14, 2018
Your head should be checked. Talk about oshogbo and not anambra. Governorship election is different from presidential election as far as the east is concern. When it comes to state matter anambra is for apga but when it goes to federal it is pdp. You dont dictate for an igbo man, we are not like yorubas. If the whole governors like they should endorse buhari simply because they want second term as governors, the east will decide for who they want to vote for come presidential election. And you know what? It will never be APC. Kiss the truth.
Yyeske:
I've said this earlier that PDP made a big mistake giving Atiku the ticket, a man who still has many skeletons in his cupboard and bringing up Peter Obi as his vice, knowing fully well that he and Obiano are not in talking terms and don't see eyeball to eyeball. Obiano will do everything possible to frustrate Peter Obi and PDP in Anambra.
Peter Obi couldn't win his local government for PDP in the last guber election in Anambra and the party coming a distant third behind APGA and APC says so much about Peter's political influence in the state.
For those who don't know, Anambra people were angered when Peter left APGA for PDP and can't trust him anymore.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Deadlock: 7:46am On Oct 14, 2018
I had to stop reading when the purported "insider" said the 'Entire five Southeastern states are in the hands of the APC', .....SMH
Whoever came up with that sentence is a novice when it comes to the region's politics as at today,... I'm on the ground here and I know the feelings of the public here,... One thing people should know is that there's no politicia in Igbo Land that can single handedly determine how his LGA would vote not to even talk of his constitutuency, senatorial zone state nor the entire region,...
The singular fact that Peter Obi is VP is a huge motivating factor that has made some to start looking for their PVCs,...My boss is one huge example here.
Las Las, Newspapers go sell market nah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by globemoney: 7:47am On Oct 14, 2018
WhyMoD:
They're against Obi for being conservative.. we all know they call Obi stingy cos he doesn't throw away public funds

They don't want iweala cos she'd not share public funds..

Friends this is simply why we must stick harder to Obi as the VP..

You can go to hell all the SE governors..
And now that it is on the know your own re-election is threatened for real..
Atiku should be ready to win on social media in 2019

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Yyeske(m): 7:48am On Oct 14, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Is Soludo not that their brother? How come the Northerners are not shouting Atikuloot like our Igbo brothers? Why are queuing behind Buhari? Is Atiku not their brother?

Do you honestly believe Atiku, has the slightest chance of being allowed to near Aso Rock, let alone being President? grin
Atiku won't win Adamawa state how much more the NE, NC or the entire country.
I never knew you observed that the real Atikulators are mostly Igbos because you barely hear northerners atikulating, that was even before Peter Obi was named his vice

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by globemoney: 7:50am On Oct 14, 2018
BrokenTV:

Forget what that guy wrote up there, Obi is still very popular here.
Lmao, the same Obi that lost his ward and polling unit during the last election

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by InvertedHammer: 7:51am On Oct 14, 2018
/
Nobody should lose sleep.

We already know: Igbo people are their worst enemies.

For as long as you live, there will never be an Igbo President. If Buhari or Saraki is an Igbo man, he would long have gone... betrayed by his brethren.

The defeatist and slave mentality is very difficult to exorcise.

/

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by globemoney: 7:52am On Oct 14, 2018
Anambralstson:

Anambra will give Peter Obi 99.5% of their votes, we will vote massively for him whether our Gov Obiano agree or not we love Gov Obiano and respect him but we will not joke with Peter Obi he knows that, go to APGA page, on streets of Anambra, Obi is in every lips, what he did in Anambra is still fresh in our minds, we will come out in mass and show him love on election day, Igbos in the east and across the nation will massively vote for Peter Obi, Obi will be topic today in church across east he is loved and cherished by clergies, in Anambra whether PDP or APGA Obi is our candidate.
Absolute nonsense. Speak for yourself only. You only have your vote
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Yyeske(m): 7:52am On Oct 14, 2018
Jonathan39:
Your head should be checked. Talk about oshogbo and not anambra. Governorship election is different from presidential election as far as the east is concern. When it comes to state matter anambra is for apga but when it goes to federal it is pdp. You dont dictate for an igbo man, we are not like yorubas. If the whole governors like they should endorse buhari simply because they want second term as governors, the east will decide for who they want to vote for come presidential election. And you know what? It will never be APC. Kiss the truth.
The matter for ground na between Igbo and Fulani you Bornu man.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by VULCAN(m): 7:52am On Oct 14, 2018
Then you have indirectly cast it for Buhari.

Perhaps you want another 4 yrs of Buhari, but God will not allow you have it!

seunfly:

Was Atiku in PDP 8 months ago?

As for me, I like Peter Obi he is one of the first class governors we have in Nigeria, I rank him in the same league as Fashola, Donald Duke kwakwaso etc but Peter Obi also manage to achieve those thing without putting his state in debt like Fashola and Donald Duke.

Anyway I won't even vote for APC or PDP they are one and the same. I'm casting my vote for Donald duke.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Jonathan39: 7:53am On Oct 14, 2018
Are you trying to say obiano will come out openly and tell the igbos to vote for buhari and we will do that? Oga igbos are not yoruba. We do our things our way. APC and buhari can never succed in the east. Even when buhari contested with an igbo as his vice we did not vote for him. Think about it.
Yyeske:
Atikulate till thy kingdom come but if I may ask you, how many times have you seen Obiano attending any SEastern governors forum in person? That's to tell you how much he despises Obi and PDP, we all knew he was the first SE governor that visited Buhari in 2015 after his election as president.
So continue atikulating but don't shout when results starts rolling in.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by AngryNijerian: 7:53am On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
I've said this earlier that PDP made a big mistake giving Atiku the ticket, a man who still has many skeletons in his cupboard and bringing up Peter Obi as his vice, knowing fully well that he and Obiano are not in talking terms and don't see eyeball to eyeball. Obiano will do everything possible to frustrate Peter Obi and PDP in Anambra.
Peter Obi couldn't win his local government for PDP in the last guber election in Anambra and the party coming a distant third behind APGA and APC says so much about Peter's political influence in the state.
For those who don't know, Anambra people were angered when Peter left APGA for PDP and can't trust him anymore.
This Igbo wanabe sharap, stop spewing nonsense here. Anambra will massively vote PDP because of the Obi factor. Obiano and these current SE governors are inconsequential to the Igbo people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:54am On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
Atiku won't win Adamawa state how much more the NE, NC or the entire country.
I never knew you observed that the real Atikulators are mostly Igbos because you barely hear northerners atikulating, that was even before Peter Obi was named his vice

Go to Twitter, Facebook and even here On Nairaland, you won't see a Northerner typing Atikuloot" etc.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Unik3030: 7:56am On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
Don't mind those kids who know next to nothing about politics but coming online to tell the world what they know nothing about.
Obi is no longer a force to be reckoned with in Anambra today politically and Obiano is ever ready to make it remain so
u get it jare,they keep screaming online

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Yyeske(m): 7:56am On Oct 14, 2018
Jonathan39:
Are you trying to say obiano will come out openly and tell the igbos to vote for buhari and we will do that? Oga igbos are not yoruba. We do our things our way. APC and buhari can never succed in the east. Even when buhari contested with an igbo as his vice we did not vote for him. Think about it.
Instead of crying here, tell Peter Obi to go and reconcile with Obiano first then come back to reply me.
Obiano would never ever allow Obi to lord it over him.
Impossicant!
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by lastempero: 7:56am On Oct 14, 2018
I keep telling people that the real problem of south east is not really the FG but the governors and the lawmakers representing us, that's is why I didn't really support Nnamdi kanu and his brigades, they should have concentrated in getting rid off the armed robbers in charge of our affairs.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Jonathan39: 7:57am On Oct 14, 2018
I weak for you guy. Where is this your news from? Back up your claim and quote me. I will be waiting, thats if your are exucated enough.
mezarddinny:
is he not the one that fought with obiano because obiano refused to refund him 7b? don't lie to yourself, every governor we have had in nigeria is a fraud
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:57am On Oct 14, 2018
Jonathan39:

How old are you? Obiano doesn't need to talk to support Buhari. In fact not even talking makes it easier for Buhari, if you know how elections are conducted in the South east.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Yyeske(m): 7:58am On Oct 14, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Go to Twitter, Facebook and even here On Nairaland, you won't see a Northerner typing Atikuloot" etc.
I have and only Igbos are atikulating everywhere, what a shame to us.
IPOB told them to hate and kill Fulanis and Yorubas but see them Atikulating for a Fulani man.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by andyanders: 7:59am On Oct 14, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Is Soludo not that their brother? How come the Northerners are not shouting Atikuloot like our Igbo brothers? Why are they queuing behind Buhari? Is Atiku not their brother?

Soludo is a perfect igbo man and good for the position but for now, all that Nigerians are looking for is how to vote apc- Buhari out of office. If OBJ could drop his grieviance with Atiku and endorse him, Babangida also are in support of Atiku for same reasons, then the igbos should at this point shield their sword and support their own.

If you can read from these governors mind, they are after their 2nd term and selfish interest just like what Okorocha is doing in Imo state now.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by AngryNijerian: 7:59am On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
Don't mind those clownish Atikulators who never knew that Obiano is a covert Buhari supporter and would never want Peter Obi to be ahead of him politically because if PDP wins the national election next year, Peter Obi would be in a better position to determine the next governor in the state and that is the last thing Obiano and Anambra wants.
This guy is a phucking Yoruba. He thinks and talk like the them. Look at the nonsense he wrote above.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Unik3030: 7:59am On Oct 14, 2018
ghostmist:
This is how I know that you're not Igbo cos' this news wouldn't trouble any Igbo.

Unlike the west and the north, leaders do not tell the Igbo who to vote.

We are republicans!
Republican with no direction
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Yyeske(m): 8:01am On Oct 14, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

How old are you? Obiano doesn't need to talk to support Buhari. In fact not even talking makes it easier for Buhari, if you know how elections are conducted in the South east.
Those ones are kids in politics and know next to nothing, they don't know how things operate.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by BrokenTV: 8:02am On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
Let people residing in Anambra and the SE speak and not Lagos residents talking because it is those on ground that would determine how far and not online supporters
And you count yourself residing in Anambra with this gilberish you are speaking, abeg pack for one side. South East leaders cannot determine the direction of a presidential vote. My people and the whole of Anambrarians are celebrating Obi's choice as a V. P
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Jonathan39: 8:02am On Oct 14, 2018
Bmc!!! Keep it up. Any day anytime APC will not be an option in the east, talk less of buhari who have failed in the east theoughout his political career, even with an igno as his running mate, the easterners did not vote for him. Buhari will never b accepted in the east even if ojukwu endorse him.
Yyeske:
Obi as vice can't sell in Anambra, how much more in the entire SE, you can see the fallout already.
PDP really messed up in their choice this time.
People in Anambra still feel that Peter Obi betrayed Great Ojukwu after he left APGA, a promise he made to the late Ikemba. He's just an opportunist looking for his pocket, that's how people see him.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by VULCAN(m): 8:03am On Oct 14, 2018
You are shouting unnecessarily. Take it easy. Any SE governor that is even "thought" to work against Peter Obi will feel the wrath of the masses. Don't you know the Presidential is a week before the gubernatorial? Within that one week the Igbos will decide to stay at home for the gubers and then APC will rig the results with ease. That will lead to the downfall of most of these govs and they know it

MODIFIED Just found out you are a Buhari supporter. No wonder you have been attacking everybody on this thread. Pls face you demigod and leave who the opposition picks on their team. MYOB

Yyeske:
I guess you are more Igbo than Governor Umahi that said this earlier.
Imagine when the political machinery in the entire SE should be used against Atiku/Obi candidacy starting with Anambra, Obi's home state.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nnamdi Azikiwe & Obafemi Awolowo And Their Cars (Photos) / EFCC Arrests Saraki Again Over Theft & Money Laundering Allegations / Simon Ekpa Writes UN, Names Self As Prime Minister, Lists Other Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.