Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate (47083 Views)

In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp / Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders / PDP Govs, Leaders Work For Buhari’s Re-Election [New Telegraph EXCLUSIVE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by wingmanII: 10:40am On Oct 14, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Which votes, do we vote in South East(except in Anambra State election that holds separately)

Elections are always written and allocated! The Governors know this. Any Government At the centre will always rig the election, not even talking of Governors agreeing with the APC politicians in the South East.

Are you sure you are on ground?

Has Ndigbo voted against any Party in power in any Presidential election since 1979?

2019 will teach a political lesson. Keep Atikulooting with your ipob colleagues.. grin

"we". When did you become Igbo? God forbid bad thing. You can never be Igbo.
Igbos don't vote, but in 2011,imo people decided they ve had enough of an incumbent governor from a ruling party and booted him out. Ask Ohakim. Silly thing!

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Koralords: 10:47am On Oct 14, 2018
wingmanII:

You are a bloody tribalist! Where has your relevance led you? . Nonsense! Politicians in every region of this shithole always angle for their own interests only. Zamfara APC has no gubernatorial candidate, Lagos governor was described by his godfather as a good governor and bad party man. So many examples. Any little issue in South East, you all blow it out of proportion telling us why their politics is terrible. Why don't you remove the fat log in your eyes? A-Holes!
Check my post despite been from the sw have said he should pick his vp from the se..no reasonable Nigerian does not know they have been marginalised for so Long ...so if they are fighting among themselves now that they have gotten what they want ...no wonder they are not relevant ..and by the way my bro is married to a lady from the se so am not a tribalist
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 14, 2018
kahal29:
Facts have emerged why the PDP governors and leaders in the Southeast are kicking against the choice of former governor of Anambra State governor, Mr Peter Obi as the party’s vice presidential candidate. The Atiku action has torn the South East chapter of the party apart.

According to an impeccable party source who pleaded anonymity, the governors and some of the leaders of the party in the zone have accused Atiku of reneging on his earlier promise and vowed to work against his candidacy.

The PDP chieftain told Sunday Sun that Atiku had earlier promised to use the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Prof. Charles Soludo as his running mate.

The chieftain who is also a Senatorial candidate in Anambra State said that the Southeast governors and some PDP leaders from the zone were working on endorsing President Muhammadu Buhari, since according to him, Atiku has shown that they do not matter in his political calculations.

“There will be peace if Soludo is made the running mate because that was what we agreed,” he said.

Asked if they still would have protested if former Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was chosen by Atiku he said: “There is no problem with her, but Soludo is better. You know the woman is difficult, when you go to her for anything she will accuse you of wanting to be given the resources of the country.

“There was a meeting in Enugu over this. Three governors came – Abia, Enugu and Ebonyi. Ebonyi Governor (Dave Umahi) is the Chairman of South East Governors’ Forum, he is angry over what happened.”

Governor Umahi had last Friday issued a statement dissociates himself from a release by his Chief Press Secretary, where the choice of Obi was hailed.

He said that the governors and leaders of the zone were not consulted before Atiku settled for Obi.

He explained that yesterday’s meeting by the governors and leaders of the party was to agree that Obi and his people would not have their way.

He disclosed that he had met with Atiku and his wife and told them that Obi’s choice cannot sell in Igbo land.

His words: “I met with Atiku’s wife on this, she said that I am a businessman, that the business environment will be made good, that Atiku will make things good. That is no promise.”

On where Governor Willie Obiano stood on the matter, he said: “How are you asking this type of question? Obiano totally rejects Obi. Obi has lost four governors from Southeast. APC already has Imo, so the entire five Southeast states are in the hands of APC. The zone is for Buhari.

Asked if Governor Umahi was serious on his threats, he said, “very serious. He is ready to work for Buhari.”

Narrating how they came about Soludo, the PDP henchman claimed that he and some leaders of the party held a meeting three months ago where Atiku promised him to pick his vice presidential candidate from the Southeast.

“He told us that the person he had in mind was Soludo and Anambra governor also supported it.

“I was instrumental to him winning the nomination. We started this spin doctor job months ago. Atiku met with me several times alongside Gbenga Daniel. He came to my house many times.

“After he was nominated, he went back on his promise, he changed completely and now brought Peter Obi instead of Soludo that we agreed upon. This is why all the Southeast governors and PDP leaders are kicking. Everybody is mad at Atiku for that singular decision.

“I heard Atiku said he did not consult us because PDP governors from Southeast voted for Tambuwal, that they did not vote for him.

“He said that Wike agreed that Peter Obi should be his running mate. But in doing that, he jettisoned the promised he made to us that we will choose the person that will take the slot.

“Like I said there is fire at the moment. Governors of Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Abia are angry. Governor of Enugu said he has discussed with a former governor in the Southeast that he will vote according to his conscience. He said that everybody deserves a second term, that Buhari deserves second term. He said that he as governor of Enugu needs second term, so he will not stop the president from enjoying second term. He said he will support the president if he seeks second term.”

Apart from other reasons they adduced for opposing the choice of former Anambra governor, he contended that “Peter Obi is not a liberal politician, he is a conservative. His candidacy will not sell. Many of us who know him very well know that he is unreliable, tricky and selfish. He says one thing and does another. There is a problem in the PDP house and if it is not handled well it will jeopardize Atiku’s ambition.

“I will soon come out to say all that I am telling you publicly. I feel cheated by Atiku. I have complained to friends. Atiku’s wife has begged me, but I refused to accept her pleas.

“I have resolved to work for Buhari and I know that several other people are doing same.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/why-seast-govs-leaders-moved-against-obi-as-atikus-vice/

Fake News.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Neoteny(m): 11:02am On Oct 14, 2018
Moonie:

Your claims are outrageous! Is it impossible to restructure? Be honest. Anyone supporting Buhari who is not gaining from his govt must be stupid or has no conscience. Buhari truly underperformed. So why should he return? Lets get logical here. Why?

And you think it'll take one man only 4 years to restructure?

Atiku sold you lot a dummy to get your support

That man is as slimy as he's unreliable.

You'll see
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Anambralstson: 11:11am On Oct 14, 2018
Watch the video of their resolution, social media exaggerated the matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce-onVA5_QQ
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Nowenuse: 11:34am On Oct 14, 2018
post=72067121:
Na wa oooooo

Click on this thread and help your life.

https://www.nairaland.com/4778327/picture-proofs-atiku-sweeping-votes
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by funkei: 11:38am On Oct 14, 2018
ikennaf1:

You ended your good post with a bad paragraph. So if the selfish governor's don't endorse Obi, it means that Igbo people do not support Obi? so much for being intelligent.
I never made any reference to selfish governors not endorsing him but the allusion is clear and you got it but that was encapsulated in privileged political office holders in this context in Igbo land and I do not think all the views of some of these privileged political office holders are projecting are that of the Igbo commoners but the message is clear they have to close ranks in championing the interest of the Igbo nation.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Nowenuse: 11:41am On Oct 14, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:

The reason they gave for rejecting Obi just gingered my spirit to support Atiku the more. They are afraid that Obi will not give them access to federal money just like Iweala. In Southeast, governors don't dictate for the people that is why Buhari lost IMO despite Rocha's influence, hence I'm Atikulating the more

Yes, Buhari lost Imo in 2015, but he still got 100k votes (20% of the state), which was Rochas' handwork.

Now imagine if all the Igbo governors unite and give Buhari 30% of the SE. That would be disastrous. The SE is Atiku's stronghold just like SS. Anything short of 95% votes from this region may spell doom for Atiku.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Nowenuse: 11:48am On Oct 14, 2018
ghostmist:

Give me instances of a time when politicians dictated to the Igbos who to vote and who not to vote?

Of course I know you're not Igbo.

Rochas was able to deliver 20% of Imo state votes in 2015 election.

Now imagine if all Igbo governors and leaders decide to work for APC. Even if it is only 30% of the SE votes they can give to APC, then Atiku is finished, as the SE is stronghold.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Nowenuse: 11:50am On Oct 14, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

He is right.SE Governors cannot influence the electorate in their states.Atiku will win Anambra with over 90% of votes cast irrespective of what obiano says

Rochas was able to deliver 20% of Imo state votes in 2015 election.

Now imagine if all Igbo governors and leaders decide to work for APC. Even if it is only 30% of the SE votes they can give to APC, then Atiku is finished, as the SE is stronghold.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 12:06pm On Oct 14, 2018
Nowenuse:

Yes, Buhari lost Imo in 2015, but he still got 100k votes (20% of the state), which was Rochas' handwork.

Now imagine if all the Igbo governors unite and give Buhari 30% of the SE. That would be disastrous. The SE is Atiku's stronghold just like SS. Anything short of 95% votes from this region may spell doom for Atiku.

Same way Kwankwaso, Tambuwal and Yaradua PDM dynasty (a very quiet but powerful cabal) will split Northwest votes and give Atiku 45%.
We are winning bro

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by PVC2019(f): 12:06pm On Oct 14, 2018
You see ehh I can guarantee everyone on this thread that thunder must fire the following governors (Undertakers)

Ebonyi State Undertake
Abia State Undertaker
Anambra State Undertaker

Do you know why..? It is because the above will rather watch Nigerians continue to suffer since Atiku did not consult or allow them choose (install their machinery as VP) whose job will be to siphon our money and leaving no traces behind.

There’s this saying that goes “When one swores that there won’t be peace in the land because he’s around, nature will take he/she out so that the people can have peace

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by duwdu: 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
I've said this earlier that PDP made a big mistake giving Atiku the ticket, a man who still has many skeletons in his cupboard and bringing up Peter Obi as his vice, knowing fully well that he and Obiano are not in talking terms and don't see eyeball to eyeball. Obiano will do everything possible to frustrate Peter Obi and PDP in Anambra.
Peter Obi couldn't win his local government for PDP in the last guber election in Anambra and the party coming a distant third behind APGA and APC says so much about Peter's political influence in the state.
For those who don't know, Anambra people were angered when Peter left APGA for PDP and can't trust him anymore.

I do not think the sort of likely scenario painted in the above quoted post, is generating the kind of apprehension it should within the Atiku+Obi Eco-system. If so, it may turn out to be a major miss by the PDP, and APGA may end up spoiling the chance of the PDP to have a stellar showing in the South East in the 2019 elections.

But, what do I know?

P34c3
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Nowenuse: 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:

Same way Kwankwaso, Tambuwal and Yaradua PDM dynasty (a very quiet but powerful cabal) will split Northwest votes and give Atiku 45%.
We are winning bro

I hope so, but for me, I don't bank on those people to divide the North-west.
Ethnicity and religion sometimes play a stronger role when Hausa-fulanis are involved. But since Atiku is also a muslim, this may not come in. So you are right afterall.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
Don't mind those clownish Atikulators who never knew that Obiano is a covert Buhari supporter and would never want Peter Obi to be ahead of him politically because if PDP wins the national election next year, Peter Obi would be in a better position to determine the next governor in the state and that is the last thing Obiano and Anambra wants.
this SE politicians nd the people have proven they are the enemies of theirselves.if OBJ can reconcile with Atiku for the interest of this country,then why can't they shelve their personal issues with Peter Obi for the interest of the SE and Nigeria
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by goaldynman(m): 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2018
Yyeske:
[s]Don't mind those clownish Atikulators who never knew that Obiano is a covert Buhari supporter and would never want Peter Obi to be ahead of him politically because if PDP wins the national election next year, Peter Obi would be in a better position to determine the next governor in the state and that is the last thing Obiano and Anambra wants[/s].

Who was Obiano before Obi brought him from the gutters and made him the Governor of Anambra State?!

Do you think Obiano is as vindictive as Buhari that he will spoil his brother's chance of becoming VP?

Any Southeast Governor that works against the interest of the region will automatically become an outcast; and will be stoned! Moreover, the Governors have only their one vote; no Igbo man will vote Buhari! And the Igbo man's vote cannot be bought by N2000; they are not hungry!

You APC clowns can continue giving yourselves hope in southeast!!

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Joyrise: 12:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
afroniger:
If this is true then it means these guys will ensure that Atiku will not have an impressive outing in the SouthEast. Atiku better take this impasse very serious and give it the urgent attention it deserves before it fatally damages his chances. If he loses their support and consequently fails to do well in the SE then he should consider his ambition dead-on-arrival.

You have not started the journey, yet he cam not be trusted. We shall see how events unfolds.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by izuzu: 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
So this is how Igbos want to do when they get Biafra? undecided

Bunch of selfish, money conscious, power hungry people.

Their youths are wasting away in jail, while the leaders are busy thinking of money and power.

Goan axe South Sudan.

Oshikso.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Konki: 1:31pm On Oct 14, 2018
Kayceo2010:
And you want me to believe this??.. I'm from Enugu and I bet you this ppl are spilling trash. Ugwuanyi to support Buhari for second term.. Lolzz.. grin grin
I laf una.

As if he is God
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by Yankee101: 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
Peter Obi is much better than Soludo. Soludo has no executive branch experience. Peter Obi has banking ,fiscal, executive and developmental experience.

Soludo was busy getting his cut in banking shares during the NGN25B consolidation of banks in 2004.

Obi left one of the largest State savings next to Yaradua as an outgoing Governor. I think they don't like him because he won't share money anyhow just like they said about Ngozi not sharing nation's resources.

That's the more reason we want Obi.

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by timstone(m): 3:24pm On Oct 14, 2018
Addme:
Things are gradually getting clearer.
Peter Obi is Conservative......
Iweala will not yield to the sharing of the commonwealth but Soludo is approachable and will be a good candidate to play balls with.
Tell me why Thunder will not scatter the lineage of any leader that want to scatter this heaven made combo....
IBO I before others syndrome,jeopardising the interest of Nigeria for their selfish interest.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by emmamadon: 3:41pm On Oct 14, 2018
They should take this, it will do.

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by deomelo: 3:50pm On Oct 14, 2018
seunfly:

Was Atiku in PDP 8 months ago?

As for me, I like Peter Obi he is one of the first class governors we have in Nigeria, I rank him in the same league as Fashola, Donald Duke kwakwaso etc but Peter Obi also manage to achieve those thing without putting his state in debt like Fashola and Donald Duke.

Anyway I won't even vote for APC or PDP they are one and the same. I'm casting my vote for Donald duke.

Fashola left behind countless projects from power plants to 15 waterworks, hospitals, 17 maternity centers, 30 skill centers, roads, bridges including the best bridge in Nigeria, housing estates, markets, malls, Jetty terminals, asphalt plants, Lagos Metro, new government institution buildings and so on all over Lagos state, but obi left nothing so of what relevance and accomplished nothing.

Debt is a credible instrument of progress and development so no debt is not an achievement, it's stupidity and a sign incompetence and dereliction of duty.

....but of course, many of you are too shallow and misguided purvey sane and rational thoughts and this is why you end up with useless and unproductive leaders in your villages

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by EternalTruths: 3:51pm On Oct 14, 2018
Nowenuse:

That 20% votes was not Rochas handwork.

Father Mbaka was the one who created a false impression of Northern presidency as always favoring Igbos more than Southern presidency.

So Father Mbaka then asked why haven't Jonathan built the key infrastructures Igbos have being yelling for.

Pls, it has nothing to do with Rochas.

Let Me Advice You This Middle Belt Guy Nowenuse

Buhari made the worst mistake of organizing Python Dance.

Igbos don't forget easily and tend to pay back in greater coins.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by prosperbwealth: 4:16pm On Oct 14, 2018
seunfly:

Was Atiku in PDP 8 months ago?

As for me, I like Peter Obi he is one of the first class governors we have in Nigeria, I rank him in the same league as Fashola, Donald Duke kwakwaso etc but Peter Obi also manage to achieve those thing without putting his state in debt like Fashola and Donald Duke.

Anyway I won't even vote for APC or PDP they are one and the same. I'm casting my vote for Donald duke.

Donald Duke all the way. The man understands Nigeria's development challenges and youths like the palm of his hand.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by icon007(m): 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
If biafra has been actualized, I wonder how they will cohabit... Well that's not my problem... The issue now is joint effort in bringing this team in... Atiku/Obi.

Igbos should stop this attitude already....they only have 1 shot at the vp. Atiku has picked someone he can work with for maximum results, they should let him be biko nu.

And they will be the ones calling people names, betrayals.... shocked
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by prosperbwealth: 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2018
deomelo:

Fashola left behind countless projects from power plants to 15 waterworks, hospitals, 17 maternity centers, 30 skill centers, roads, bridges including the best bridge in Nigeria, housing estates, markets, malls, Jetty terminals, asphalt plants, Lagos Metro, new government institution buildings and so on all over Lagos state, but obi left nothing so of what relevance and accomplished nothing.

Debt is a credible instrument of progress and development so no debt is not an achievement, it's stupidity and a sign incompetence and dereliction of duty.

....but of course, many of you are too shallow and misguided purvey sane and rational thoughts and this is why you end up with useless and unproductive leaders in your villages

You can say your mind without being abusive to people's villages dear one.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by prosperbwealth: 4:33pm On Oct 14, 2018
icon007:
If biafra has been actualized, I wonder how they will cohabit... Well that's not my problem... The issue now is joint effort in bringing this team in... Atiku/Obi.

Igbos should stop this attitude already....they only have 1 shot at the vp. Atiku has picked someone he can work with for maximum results, they should let him be biko nu.

And they will be the ones calling people names, betrayals.... shocked

Exactly.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by deomelo: 4:41pm On Oct 14, 2018
prosperbwealth:

You can say your mind without being abusive to people's villages dear one.

I don't remember saying anything about your village or attaching any name to my posts.

Must be guilty conscience on your part.
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by deomelo: 4:52pm On Oct 14, 2018
goaldynman:

Who was Obiano before Obi brought him from the gutters and made him the Governor of Anambra State?!

Do you think Obiano is as vindictive as Buhari that he will spoil his brother's chance of becoming VP?

Any Southeast Governor that works against the interest of the region will automatically become an outcast; and will be stoned! Moreover, the Governors have only their one vote; no Igbo man will vote Buhari! And the Igbo man's vote cannot be bought by N2000; they are not hungry!

You APC clowns can continue giving yourselves hope in southeast!]

They actually did in many ibo states and last I checked, PMB and APC are firmly in control of Imo state and they of course voted for him.

Confine your hatred and bitterness to yourself
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by prosperbwealth: 5:00pm On Oct 14, 2018
deomelo:

I don't remember saying anything about your village or attaching any name to my posts.

Must be guilty conscience on your part.

OK o! If you say so. Happy Sunday!
Re: Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate by GoldHorse(m): 5:08pm On Oct 14, 2018
Doerstech:
I'm Igbo and they can go to hell for all I care...

What nonsense....let me see how they will openly work against PDP.....

Come rain come shine....WE ARE ATIKULATING....

So who is correct? You the so called Atikulated on Nairaland or your elders in the village....

One thing is certain sha. Atiku, like Obasanjo wrote in his book and like we all know (except you guys), can't be trusted. No be we talk this one na hin dey show himself

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nnamdi Azikiwe & Obafemi Awolowo And Their Cars (Photos) / Simon Ekpa Writes UN, Names Self As Prime Minister, Lists Other Officials / Zahra Buhari Visits IDP Camp, Shares Food To Them (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.