Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! (5998 Views)

Reasons The Airbag Light Will Come On Or Flash / How To Correct Airbag Light Code B1615 And B1811 / Check Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by mayor2013: 12:01am On Mar 26, 2019
sammily:
I'm experiencing the same thing with my 06 corolla too. I read somewhere to check the cable connectors under the front passenger's seat, that the cable can come loose and trigger the airbag light. I've checked mine but the light is still there, you can give it a try, maybe it might work for you.

Simple run a scan on airbag system to pull out faults you have .you might wish to post result to so as to help you out
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by isyomar(f): 11:53pm On Sep 22, 2019
GreenWorld:

Just bought car. Tokunbo

Hi, pls were you able to fix ur airbag light issue with your car? just bought a tokunbo car that came with this same issue too. pls reply. thanks
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by TRYGO(m): 5:38pm On Sep 23, 2019
Y are you guys not getting your cars scanned for codes? Do the needful, if you don't want to throw money at parts.
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by GreekDon: 9:12am On Sep 24, 2019
mayor2013:

Simple run a scan on airbag system to pull out faults you have .you might wish to post result to so as to help you out

TRYGO:
Y are you guys not getting your cars scanned for codes? Do the needful, if you don't want to throw money at parts.

I think most times these cars had an impact that caused the airbags to deploy. So naturally the airbag warning light will be flashing. Perhaps you may start by advising them to check car history. When airbags are deployed, can the codes be wiped out like that without fixing the deployed airbags?

2 Likes

Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by datigboguy(m): 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2019
Most times those issues arise if the car is converted from Right hand to Left hand drive..

1 Like

Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by dicksonadams(m): 9:37pm On Mar 08, 2020
mayor2013:

Run a scan on the airbag computer. You might be having a bad clock spring

I have a bad clock spring where can I get this fix on Lagos... B1811 and b1615
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by val15: 7:55pm On Mar 16, 2020
Following
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by Promxy94(m): 2:42am On Mar 17, 2020
Mine has been on for a long time, horn stopped working, electrician loosed the horn and worked on it beneath the steering and it started working. But the airbag light is still on.

2001 Camry
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by Euegene100001: 8:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
Were u able to figure this out . Currently mine is turn on
sammily:
I'm experiencing the same thing with my 06 corolla too. I read somewhere to check the cable connectors under the front passenger's seat, that the cable can come loose and trigger the airbag light. I've checked mine but the light is still there, you can give it a try, maybe it might work for you.
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by melviniyke2002(m): 9:43pm On Jun 20, 2021
mayor2013:

scan mine n got B1650 Toyota Camry 05....pls help
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by sammily(m): 3:16pm On Jun 21, 2021
Euegene100001:
Were u able to figure this out . Currently mine is turn on

Unfortunately no, its still on. I've checked all the cable connectors under the seats and all are secure but the light remains
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by Euegene100001: 3:39pm On Jun 21, 2021
Thanks for replying I sorted mine out today I went for a scan and cleared the error code.
sammily:

Unfortunately no, its still on. I've checked all the cable connectors under the seats and all are secure but the light remains
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by sammily(m): 4:42pm On Jun 21, 2021
Euegene100001:
Thanks for replying I sorted mine out today I went for a scan and cleared the error code.

If I may ask, what type of scanner did you use because I scanned mine with Torque app with the Bluetooth OBD 2 device and no fault reported.
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by Euegene100001: 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
I don’t know the scanner the electrician used. Here is what he did unplugged the connection under both seats and connected them back after the code was detected he then cleared the code . He said the code read connection on drivers seat or so. So Im sure ur light it most definitely loosed connection too .
sammily:

If I may ask, what type of scanner did you use because I scanned mine with Torque app with the Bluetooth OBD 2 device and no fault reported.
Re: Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off.. Pls Help!!! by sammily(m): 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2021
Euegene100001:
I don’t know the scanner the electrician used. Here is what he did unplugged the connection under both seats and connected them back after the code was detected he then cleared the code . He said the code read connection on drivers seat or so. So Im sure ur light it most definitely loosed connection too .

Okay, thanks. I will give it another try as you described and see if it will work.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Questions and answers thread on Ac System. / Steering Issues For Toyota Camry / The Car With The Most Fuel Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.