Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,997 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State - NYSC (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State (119422 Views)

Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. / Sex In NYSC Camps: How True? As A Corps Member Please Share? / Kano Corpers And Camp Soldiers Clash In Karaye NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by luvlyoracle(m): 6:45am On Apr 11, 2021
nonye6194:
After getting the request letter from the new prospective PPA, I discussed with the HR staff and concluded everything that needed clearing up. We agreed resuming on the second week of September, buying me some time to sort out the reposting letter and get myself ready to begin work.

Fast forward to the thirteenth day of September, 2018, I reported to the firm at about 8:20am (due to traffic) and waited at the security post reception to be called in. Thirty minutes passed and no one sent for me, while other visitors who were in the reception got called. I even called the staff I concluded things with in my last visit, but this uncle was ignoring my calls. Then another panicking begun.

What if this pipu are planning to reject me angry

I pushed away the thoughts and remained positive. At about 9:48am, I got called by one of the security to head down to the factory section.

Olórun majè ò cheesy

At the factory entrance, I met with three men who introduced themselves to me before we proceeded into the factory office. Further introductions were made and I found out these men would be my bosses for the next 10 months. We had a bit of chit chat before one of them took me round the company on a short tour. During which I got introduced to several units/departments of the company and workers that manned these areas at that time. My oga/guide told me that there are other extensions of the companies around the state and across the western regions of the country, which serves mostly as depots, sub factories, warehouses and distribution points. Towards the end of the tour, I was gasping for breath lol.

At the end of the tour, I was asked to feel free and hang out with workers in the factory to get acquainted with them and a bit of what they're doing for the rest of the week. And at the end of the week, they'll draft a structure of rotating me through all the units/departments related to my discipline for my period of service here.

It felt like I was reliving my internship rotation suffering in Port Harcourt Refinery already sad.

Everyone I met with and got introduced to from the gate welcomed me with so much warmth that let me forget my security post panic grin. And I thought that the idea of rotation in a huge firm like this would give me relevant experience in various unit operations similar to what graduate interns gain in the oil and gas firms too.

I totally forgot to introduce my PPA, e ma binu sad

The firm is a LLC, located around Isolo LCDA of Lagos state, reputable for Holtz automobile and heavy duty liquid products and an endless list of domestic and industrial fluids. We also carry out major contracts within our scope for governments and top multinationals. The company clocked 48 years old the same week I resumed work and our MD is still as strong as ever handling his business with pride cool.

That's how far I can reveal, no vex.

So I joined the workers in automobile production area for the rest of the day and by the time it was lunch break, I was so exasperated from the little help I rendered there.

Na so e go be angry

I didn't go back there for the rest of the day for obvious reasons sha grin. Instead, I stayed back in the factory office until 5pm when the company closes for 9am-5pm workers, while those on shift work 7am-7pm and 7pm-7am.

After a day at my new PPA and a few others that followed, thoughts about the island firm I applied to were far away from my mind, while my reposting issue persisted still. Although, I didn't bother much about it now as before but still, I hoped everyday I went to work that by the end of the day when I return home and check my profile's dashboard, I'll find the letter ready. This didn't happen and I always ended up pissed at the whole system for being ineffective, just like every other system in this country.

Pictures:

overview of the household production unit in the factory

temporary office of yours truly cool
Boss Pls link me up to this company... I studied Met and Mat Engineering.... 21A Corp member
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 7:23pm On Sep 27, 2022
Hey guys,

I hope you are well?
I know I promised to make updates to this thread. About that I have one good news and one bad news:

Sad news, I don't think that would happen anytime soon cry

Good news, I joined the japa exodus and moved to the United States and it has been a fantastic experience smiley

It's been a rollercoaster of experiences for me since my last post here and I wish I could take time and put them down like when I was serving in 18/19. I am still hopeful because I enjoyed doing this and I have been documenting pictures for whenever I may have the time to do so.

I never forgot y'all and I hope we get to communicate again.

ciao

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by edrys(m): 7:51pm On Sep 27, 2022
nonye6194:
Hey guys,

I hope you are well?
I know I promised to make updates to this thread. About that I have one good news and one bad news:

Good news, I joined the japa exodus to the U.S to for my masters earlier this year and it has been a fantastic experience smiley

It's been a rollercoaster of experiences for me since my last post here and I wish I could take time and put them down like when I was serving in 18/19. I am still hopeful because I enjoyed doing this and I have been documenting pictures for whenever I may have the time to do so.

ciao

Wishing you the very best in your endeavor.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Gsak2020: 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2022
NYSC SAED has been of tremendous help you us. For prospective, serving and post service corps members. The effect of this is some PPA cannot be underestimated. If you are currently serving and privileged to partake in post camp training, don't joke oo. Opportunity comes but once. You never can tell what tomorrow holds. Indeed, this has given meaning to the life of many who are serious.
Here we are..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OhfKHeoOdY

Nysc Saed Practicals
Liquid Soap Production
To get a standard liquid soap, here are the various equipments needed
1. Weighing scale
2. Measuring cups
3. Handgloves
4. Mixing container
5. Stirring stick
6. Packaging material
There equipments are necessary for a start and successful adventure into small and medium scale liquid soap. This could either be for laundry or bathing. We shall be discussing both in this series as well as the formula and procedures. Keep your comments coming as we make progress in this adventure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Prazo1: 9:07pm On Dec 07, 2022
nonye6194:
Hey guys,

I hope you are well?

Good news, I joined the japa exodus and moved to the United States and it has been a fantastic experience smiley

ciao

Congrats bro
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by luvlyoracle(m): 8:58am On Jun 03, 2023
nonye6194:
Fully funded by a graduate assistantship

Congratulations on Ur japa.

I have some questions.

What's the criteria of getting Assistantships?
Can someone that got low GP be eligible for assistantship or do I need to write GRE? I am asking cus I don't want to write GRE.

What course were u offered Assistantships in?
What

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Nysc Age Limit / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) / My NYSC Experience In Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.