Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State - NYSC (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State (119811 Views)

Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. / Sex In NYSC Camps: How True? As A Corps Member Please Share? / Kano Corpers And Camp Soldiers Clash In Karaye NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Atoos(m): 10:41pm On Mar 06, 2020
Seeing as I was a ghost reader for over a year (until now), this is the first ever story I'll be commenting on, idk why but most times I felt what you were feeling.
Actually started reading your story from when I saw Rivers state on my call up letter (19 A) and I always followed up, kinda wishing my service yr was gonna be as interesting as yours and I gained a lot of insights from you about camp (my camp experience was stress free as a result).
It feels kinda soothing that you're finishing this story as I'm finishing my service, *now everything is right with the world* I always hoped that you'll not forget this project.

Last but not least, I need help and guidance sort off, just finished service and I genuinely don't know the answer to the "WHAT NEXT?" question.

Also connect me to your cv bank plug I need to reconstruct my cv

In all essence THANK YOU FOR THIS STORY

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 12:39am On Mar 07, 2020
Atoos:
Seeing as I was a ghost reader for over a year (until now), this is the first ever story I'll be commenting on, idk why but most times I felt what you were feeling.
Actually started reading your story from when I saw Rivers state on my call up letter (19 A) and I always followed up, kinda wishing my service yr was gonna be as interesting as yours and I gained a lot of insights from you about camp (my camp experience was stress free as a result).
It feels kinda soothing that you're finishing this story as I'm finishing my service, *now everything is right with the world* I always hoped that you'll not forget this project.

Last but not least, I need help and guidance sort off, just finished service and I genuinely don't know the answer to the "WHAT NEXT?" question.

Also connect me to your cv bank plug I need to reconstruct my cv

In all essence THANK YOU FOR THIS STORY

Send a DM. I'm always happy to help in whatever little way possible

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by olawale6170(m): 12:14pm On Mar 28, 2020
Hello nonye6194, please kindly reach out to me through my email , please olawaledamilola@ymail.com. Concerning a post of a job interview you did. Please olawaledamilola@ymail.com
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by olawale6170(m): 12:16pm On Mar 28, 2020
Email to reach out to you please
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Thecvbankng: 9:27pm On Apr 15, 2020
olawale6170:
Email to reach out to you please

If not too late. Send a DM. That's preferable for a public space.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Moren002: 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2020
Nonye, this is an interesting write, I have been a ghost reader for a while now, but I just have to comment on this tread when I came across it. I can picture your experiences when serving becuase I'm also a serving corp member now, but mine isn't as interesting as your and I wish I had much experiences like yours. Sometimes, I just ask myself what next after this service, I don't even know how to go about it.
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 3:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
Moren002 I believe I understand what you're feeling. It's a question every Nigerian graduate gets to ask him or herself, it's just a matter of time when you come to the realization and ask yourself that question. From this thread you'll deduce I asked myself this same question and was scared about the future even before I left for my service. The thoughts clouded me months after I completed my final degree examination. There was this uncertainty in the options I had for myself (furthering my education or getting a job). I decided to settle for the latter after so many consultations. Then I had to map out how I'll achieve that. I knew the easiest place to get a job will be the economic hub of Africa (i.e. Lagos). So I made sure I got myself posted there.

Then service started and I was a bit lost in the struggle of settling down and PPA issues the first few months I left camp. I lost the cause I was pursuing for a moment. When I travelled home for the holidays, I realized that and had to get myself in order before it was late. I promised myself I'll get a good paying job before the end of that new year (2020). Crazy sturvs

I returned and the job hunt started. And it was the most demanding period of my life. I was most disappointed, sad, depressed, hopeful, anxious and happy during these months. I faced alot of difficulties trying to do all of these. But at the end of the day, it all paid off

I'm sorry if I'd painted this thread to look picture perfect. It was nothing close to that. Yes, it sounds interesting reading but living some parts of these stories were difficult.

Dear Moren002, it is okay to feel lost or confused about tomorrow and it's uncertainty. It's totally a human thing to do. But you have to sit with yourself and decide what you want your tomorrow to be. What were your aspirations growing up? What did you think you'd achieve while in school? What do you want to do presently and how do you want your tomorrow to be?

Answering these questions may give you an idea of what you wanted before and the reality of today. It's now all up to you to decide from the past and present, how to curate your tomorrow.

Set realizable plans,

set a milestone schedule,

follow through with your plans (have a chaperone to help)

Review and make adjustments where issues come up (e.g. this pandemic)

Don't give up. Keep pressing. Don't be dissuaded or distracted. You'll achieve your goals with the
right energy, mindset and dedication.

Hope to hear from you soon smiley

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 3:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
I'm happy to discuss with anyone who has questions about anything I mentioned here on this thread. I prefer having a discussion here on this thread than in DMs simply because someone else could have similar issue and needs to see what we discussed on how to handle what. DMs could be for very private/personal issue that doesn't needs airing here.

Hope everyone's doing well during this period. These are trying times for each and everyone of us and it shall pass. Let us use this period to do something new for ourselves and others. Reach out to friends and families in troubled areas and spread as much love you could give. Hope to hear from y'all when all of this goes away smiley
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Thecvbankng: 11:10am On Apr 20, 2020
If you are a Recent Graduate or a Corp member (with or without experience) we are here for you. Use this period to contact us for your professional CV, cover letter, proposals, LinkedIn profile set up, etc.

Click below to see some of the testimonies from our previous clients

https://www.nairaland.com/5353109/why-need-cvbank-today-testimon
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Prazo1: 12:28pm On Apr 20, 2020
Bros nonye
Thanks for the ride.....

Learnt alot and willing to learn more(final year student)

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by etzskillz(m): 1:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
Thanks so much Mr Nonye, you've prepared me for my NYSC program which by d grace of good is coming up in 2022 lol

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by olawale6170(m): 1:17am On Apr 23, 2020
Thecvbankng:

olawaledamilola@ymail.com
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by olawale6170(m): 9:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
Thecvbankng:

okay
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by rideveloper: 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2020
Mhen, this post here just brings back so many memories cos first of all I was in this same camp with u, same year same batch infact we were there together but I was in platoon 8, I remember all the things u talked about from the stealing of iphone on a sunday to the gist about someone sleeping with a married copper to the drug bust episode, so many memories coming back to me, DELETE!!!, I even saw one of my guys in ur obs pics and my roomie in another pic, my close friend was even among the guys who fainted on the parade day. I was even in the Tourism CDS(remember when we went to the national museum). This just feels so surreal, I might be late on this thread but thank u so much for this, the nostalgia is amazing. CAMP WAS AMAZING. PS I don't know if you remember after bonfire night and the whole male hostel was shouting "We want to f*ck" lol... Male Hostel room 42 it's written on the wall.
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by brownskilo(m): 10:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
Lol grin grin I was in room 42 during my stay in camp 18c. I remembered how we'd laugh about that inscription on the wall. And same thing happened during my time but not after the bonfire night.
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by rideveloper: 12:20am On Sep 05, 2020
brownskilo:
Lol grin grin I was in room 42 during my stay in camp 18c. I remembered how we'd laugh about that inscription on the wall. And same thing happened during my time but not after the bonfire night.
grin I wrote it on the wall, my name is even there. In hindsight that was probably a foolish decision but at that moment that was how we felt. I wonder if it's still there now
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by nonye6194: 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2020
nonye6194:
I've taken up another challenge: To continue the thread (aka Post-NYSC period) until the moment I landed the first job I accepted. So, dear brethren, this isn't the end of the tori grin. I enjoin you to join me on the final (short) chapter as I take you through my Post NYSC experience which involves more invites, tests, interviews, trials, tribulations and a job.

See you soon wink

A Lannister always keeps his word. But this particular 'Surulere Lannister' is now too busy to keep to his word sad.

Guys, I'm really humbled by the numbers this thread of rants has made. And I'm grateful to everyone that spared time to read my half decent ramblings. Hopefully, time and chance will be kind to let me finish this up for you.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Bestlily(f): 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2020
you better keep your words sir. I have been waiting for it.
I need closure grin grin
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 20, 2020
D
Bestlily:
you better keep your words sir. I have been waiting for it.

I need closure grin grin

What length please?
And style?
It’s #boneStraight December.
Would you prefer a bone straight closure?
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by architectHUrSH(m): 6:49am On Oct 27, 2020
Vacancy for Corp members / Pcms around ajah/ibeju lekki axis in an architecture and Construction firm.

WhatsApp: 08155493806
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Ltherman(m): 12:07am On Nov 13, 2020
I must say i have really learnt a lot from your post, you're the type of Gee out there one should network. Am also a corp member currently in service passing out in February 2021.

Pardon my curiosity, how did you get to know about those events and workshops that you got to attend and how can i get to know and participate particularly in my state of service (Ilorin).

Lastly I'll really love to get in touch with you.

Cheers
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Ajibade123(m): 8:03pm On Dec 09, 2020
nonye6194:

You can pick something not related to your course. It all depends on what interests you.

HR

ICT

Management

OSHA/HSE

PMP

Etc
hi nonye please which site offers all these certification courses and will you pay before starting the course or the payment is when you want to collect certificate
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Bodyodour: 9:42pm On Jan 01, 2021
Nice.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by generaldandy: 11:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
Job Title: NYSC Intern
Employment Type: Internship

Eligibility

Fresh graduates or NYSC members currently serving in LAGOS STATE only
Preference will be given to applicants that stay within Ajah and its axis

Basic Requirements

B.Sc. or HND in Computer Science, Engineering and other related ICT fields

Minimum of Second Class Lower (2:2) or its equivalent

Skills and other Requirements:

send cv to oadesina@lbs.edu.ng

Be passionate about IT
Creativity and tech-savvy
Good with the use of MS Office tools (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Ability to conduct research, develop contents, and provide reports.
Excellent time management and organization skill.
Demonstrate exceptional communication and presentation skills.
Possess the ability to learn new skills fast.

Application Closing Date
18th January, 2021
Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Lordbinsmar: 6:49pm On Feb 05, 2021
Educative Thread.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State by Amazinlord(m): 6:57pm On Apr 07, 2021
Instresting

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Nysc Age Limit / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) / 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.