Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? (2090 Views)

BBNaija's Emmanuel Umoh Involved In Car Accident / UCH Ibadan Confirms The Lady Who Was Involved In The 11 Round Sex Died / I Noticed Most Parent Have Stopped Asking Their Children This Question Nowadays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by cover9ja: 7:17pm On Oct 18, 2018
The point where one of the parties introduce their partners to their parents is considered one of the biggest steps in a relationship.

For certain people, It is what separates casual frolicking from the real deal. Most people wait till they have the conviction that they are with someone they will eventually end up with before even taking that step. While some people dread getting to this point other people actually look forward to having a partner they can introduce to their parents because they feel like it’s a significant point in a supposedly serious relationship.

According to Miriam, introducing her boyfriend to her parents is a way of concretizing his place in her life. Any guy who is serious with you shouldn’t mind being introduced to the parents of his partner, she argued.

Abdulaziz however, dreads that point of a relationship. According to him, everything gets awkward the moment family gets involved.
“You have to start getting used to visiting her at home in presence of her people where you have to start acting all prim and proper. You can’t even initiate any form of intimacy when you are there.”

Tosin also agrees with Abdulaziz above, positing that introducing parents to a relationship may prematurely fast track the relationship, making it easier for the couple to make hasty decisions they may regret later. He also stated that certain parents might be unnecessarily intrusive and that will make things a whole lot awkward for the parties involved. He told of a time he was dating a girl whose mom started to call him ceaselessly, and how every time he had a minor altercation the parents of the girl would be brought into it.

Francis feels the same way. According to him, bringing family into the relationship may accelerate the relationship into a level that the guy may not be prepared for yet.

At what point do you think it is necessary for parents to be brought into a relationship?

Source: https://cover9ja.com/when-should-parents-be-involved-in-a-relationship/

Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2018
Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 18, 2018
Personally, I could only involve parents when he has proposed. That way, I'm sure we are about to tie the knots.

1 Like

Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by GOFRONT(m): 8:01pm On Oct 18, 2018
My parents will be involved after I have tested her conceivability
Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by IamD18: 8:08pm On Oct 18, 2018
When you are ready to get married or settle down.
Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by Sirheny007(m): 8:08pm On Oct 18, 2018
cheesy
Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by NwaAmaikpe: 8:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
shocked

Parents must be involved in their children's relationship if the relationship is inter-tribal .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by BAVOSKI(m): 8:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
Any fuckin time
Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by Olodo24: 8:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
when one's partner dies
Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by Donbosco46: 8:10pm On Oct 18, 2018
When you see real love not all this fake girls
Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by dust144(m): 8:10pm On Oct 18, 2018
Never except threat to life.
Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by Sirheny007(m): 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
GrabHisBalls:
Personally, I could only involve parents when he has proposed. That way, I'm sure we are about to tie the knots.

If he proposes,
Grab his balls.

If you know, you know.
wink wink
Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by jericco1(m): 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
it depends on kind of relationship a child has with his/her parents.

1 Like

Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by Biglittlelois(f): 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
GrabHisBalls:

Exactly, but then, being proposed to doesnt 100% guarantee marriage sometimes but we just have to let parents know.
Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by Patrioticooduan: 8:14pm On Oct 18, 2018
Parents must be involved when the relationship is intertribal. I personally don't support intertribal marriages.
I think people should stick with people of their tribe.

1 Like

Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by kennybelle: 8:15pm On Oct 18, 2018
1). When the child is matured enough for it: give advice (dos and dnts), and when they're ready to get married

2). Advise against it when the child isn't matured enough for a relationship

#IMO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by cooldipo(m): 8:16pm On Oct 18, 2018
Love na ni, grin
Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by izzy4shizzy(m): 8:18pm On Oct 18, 2018
African parents no the wan hear that thing
Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by izzy4shizzy(m): 8:18pm On Oct 18, 2018
African parents no the wan hear that thing..
Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 18, 2018
Sirheny007:

If he proposes,
Grab his balls.

If you know, you know.
wink wink
LOL cheesy
Biglittlelois:

Exactly, but then, being proposed to doesnt 100% guarantee marriage sometimes but we just have to let parents know.
Even marriages has no guarantee now. grin That said, that's the only condition on which I would introduce any man to my parents.
Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by MissRaine69(f): 8:28pm On Oct 18, 2018
Inform the parents when you have discussed longevity and permanency. This way there is no added pressure. How much involvement is very much dependent on the parents some involvement becomes a complete takeover or an imposition.
Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by empressteemah06(f): 10:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
Parent should be involve when you are both ready to walk down the aisle... But these days a parent can know up to 5 guys or ladies in a year...
Re: When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? by khiaa(f): 4:59am On Oct 19, 2018
Are we talking about children or grown adults? If they are grown[b] When Asked.[/b] undecided

(1) (Reply)

Hot sugar mummies / Prostitution Is On The Rise In The World, Is This As A Result Of Poverty? / Ned Nwoko Holds Regina Daniels Ass On This New Photos As The Husband Of The Hous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.