Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy (37324 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by alaye123: 11:59pm On Oct 20, 2018
Gbengangr:
Hi again Ars1. Would have contacted you directly if there is a means to. Can you drop your email add? I am currently a PhD student in one of the Unis in Australia. I may be able to offer some advice from personal experience. Hope to hear from you soon. Best wishes. G

You might wanna share that with me. I am PhD prospective student in Australia.
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Gbengangr: 12:08am On Oct 21, 2018
alaye123:

You might wanna share that with me. I am PhD prospective student in Australia.

Alright, can you please drop your email add. We can pick it up from there. Best wishes.
G
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by ghuzy01: 8:35am On Oct 22, 2018
officialfysh:
Watch Australia border patrol on CBS REALITY on dstv and see many more people been declined Entry into Australia due to filtry reasons
Which station and time is that pls
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by officialfysh(m): 9:16am On Oct 22, 2018
ghuzy01:

Which station and time is that pls
Just make use of DSTV guide bruh; but the channel is 232; or search from 101
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by kismo(m): 8:30pm On Nov 14, 2018
Honestly Australia visa is getting more difficult to secure each day. I wish there is a country with less immigration rules but with same amazing opportunities like Australia, l would have prefer it.
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by bujebudanu1(m): 8:37pm On Nov 14, 2018
officialfysh:

Just make use of DSTV guide bruh; but the channel is 232; or search from 101

I love that programme.i don't miss it

They have border control for USA
New Zealand etc.

U can go on YouTube to watch about UK
Canada. Mexico
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Nobody: 5:04am On Nov 16, 2018
kismo:
Honestly Australia visa is getting more difficult to secure each day. I wish there is a country with less immigration rules but with same amazing opportunities like Australia, l would have prefer it.
There should be many more countries like Australia but your skills determine other alternatives.
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by thewatcher2020: 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2019
Bashoruntolu:
Yes, I'm battling depression; heartbroken; and living on the low. It all started with Australian's refusal to grant me a visa back in may 2016. Reasons been that I don't intended to contribute anything towards the betterment of Australia after my intended apprenticeship ( period of ) stay, that I don't intend to work in Australia after the training program, that I stated "I'm doing this for my country, Nigeria" during a phone-in section I had with my interviewer from the Australian embassy in South Africa, where my application is forwarded to for consideration by the Australia teleperformance office in Onigbongbo and then that I should reapply in some six months, with the aid of an immigration lawyer from Australia, lol. Me wey dey Ajegunle wey never see inside OZ(AUS.) b4 ooo.
All my dreams bar two, edu attainment and long life went down the drain with huge and significant spendings.
Lisa, I swear we could have bought that 40ft IVECO container truck with those funds.
I couldn't march forward, my dreams of 'sourcing energy from fruits' died. Now I'm just a motorboy working with a very nice northern who speaks only one English word - 'cigarette'..and I don't smoke. Journeying places and palaces around on a diesel-run engine...lol.
As for Nigeria, how then did she treat me?
Do I buy feeds for my three month old lil dog, Hazard first or I stock for myself with this 19k stipend?

Life, o critical.

Relief.................................I want this permanently.

I wanna talk to someone

Lol. How are you now? I hope you’re in a better state. LMAO @ IVECO. Mention me with your number if you still want to talk. I do sincerely hope your depression is a past phase now. Cheers.
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Ugosample(m): 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

There should be many more countries like Australia but your skills determine other alternatives.

True
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by Ugosample(m): 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2019
sweetilicious:
I used to have the dreams to go to Australia for my masters even while I was in 200level.I even suggested this country for some people.Unfortunately, Masters done in Nigeria.Australia is an organised country.

oww

You did your master's in Nigeria

nice
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by megastu(m): 6:09pm On Aug 05, 2019
same here.
thewatcher2020:

Lol. How are you now? I hope you’re in a better state. LMAO @ IVECO. Mention me with your number if you still want to talk. I do sincerely hope your depression is a past phase now. Cheers.
Re: Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy by uckennety(m): 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2019
ARS1:
Long epistle alert!

It all started around January last year when I made up my mind to enroll for PhD program in Australia. Those who have passed through this stage will perfectly understand how tedious the process is- starting from putting in place a novel research proposal, getting a professor to supervise your project and finally, securing funding for your program. To be honest, one needs to be highly motivated and dedicated to survive these hurdles.

I must confess, my dedication and perseverance really paid off after series of rejections as I was able to get the consent of three supervisors from different universities who were willing to support my applications. Between July and December 2017, I had completed the application process for admission and funding. To God be the glory, the results started coming out in April 2018. Two of the Universities offered me admission with full funding (stipend + tuition+ family insurance cover) while the third University offered only admission without funding.

Sorry, i forgot to mention that one of the Universities is in G8 (equivalent of ivy league) What a great news! Without waisting time, I quickly accepted the offer from this Universty for obvious reasons. Apart from the fact that the University is consistently ranked among the top 50 in the world, my department is also ranked among the top 10 in the world. In view of this, I had to reject other offers.

As soon as my COE was issued, I quickly submitted my Visa application on June 26, 2018. To avoid unnecessary issue, every document was submitted with my application. To my surprise, I got no response from DIBP on my application after three months. Then, I decided to send a polite email to DIBP on 6th October 2018 on progress of my application as my enrollment deadline was 14th October 2018. Alas, I got a refusal notice on 9th October 2018.

In the refusal notice, the visa officer submitted that she was not convinced that I met the genuine entry requirement as I do not have strong ties to return to my country despite the fact that I didn't not apply together with my family. She further posited that she was not convinced that PhD is beneficial to my career goal as a tutor. What an insult again!

The refusal notice was quickly sent to the graduate school and my supervisor. This unfair decision did not meet my supervisor well as she quickly sought the intervention of the University. In her email to the graduate school, she clearly mentioned that this is the most disgusting reason for visa refusal she has ever heard. While she has hoped for the intervention of the University, I understand that the University might not be able to reverse the decision of DIBP as there is no option for appeal.

Given this dilemma, it will be appreciated if any useful advice could be given.

Same 2018

I applied to Australia

They said that because of Nigerian economic condition and my potential economic circumstance in Australia that they fear I won't come back

I laffed it off

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) / Train Derailment In Montana, USA: Three Dead, Fifty Injured / Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.