Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,678 members, 7,865,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:19 AM

Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? (31484 Views)

Why Did Atiku Fail To Get Bloc Votes From The North? / Did Atiku Break Civil Service Commission Rules? (Video) / FACT CHECK: Did Atiku Hire US Lobbyists To Get Him Recognised As President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by rockyh(m): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2018
omoowo8888:
“Since the mid-80s, my private investments have generated thousands of jobs for Nigeria – currently standing +50,000 jobs #LetsTalkJobs”

Olajide Abiola's response:

"SO MUCH FOR 50,000 JOBS

Dangote is the largest conglomerate in West Africa and one of the largest on the African continent with over 18 subsidiaries and presence in over 10 countries. Has revenue in excess of $4.1bn. The conglomerate has just a little over 30,000 employees.

First Bank is the biggest bank in Nigeria by total deposits and gross earnings. Operating a network of over 750 business locations across Africa, the United Kingdom and representative offices in Abu Dhabi, Beijing and Johannesburg set up to capture trade-related business between geographies. It has a total employee of about 8,000+

The Lagos State public sector is the largest employer of labour amongst the states in Nigeria. Nigeria's largest state economy and the 5th largest economy on the African continent. The state's public sector has a little over 100,000 in its employment.
Facebook and it's Instagram and WhatsApp subsidiaries, with presence and field offices in many locations outside USA and an revenue of over $40bn (2017) has a little over 30,000 employees.

The Al-Futtaim group. One of the largest conglomerate in the Middle-East and perhaps the 2nd or 3rd largest in the UAE with billions of dollars in revenue has about 42,000 employees across the UAE, Middle East and the World.

The Koch industry is the second largest privately held company in the United States and the world. If it was a listed company, it would be the 17th largest in the world. The multinational employs 120,000 people in 60 COUNTRIES, with about half of its business in the United States.

How does Atiku's companies employ about 50,000 people? Where? How? Which of the companies? How many staff does ABTI have? How many does his water company have?
INTEL, his biggest company by way of revenue cannot boast of 2,000 staff. I doubt Atiku's companies combined employs up to 10,000. The numbers do not add up at all. It is either he pays below minimum wage, doesn't pay at all or must have a high number of staff redundancy. Do you even know the PAYEE taxes he'd have to remit to state governments on those 50,000? Per month?

If Dangote, the largest conglomerate in the whole of West Africa, and one of the largest in the world, with numerous heavy industries to boast of employs only about 30,000, which of ATIKU'S businesses are that big?

Me: Atiku can only Atikulate the lives and brains of wailers. We knew that with time, more lies would be revealed and as we're aware, the trends are dropping faster than we had expected.
I entered a vehicle travelling to anambra n people who know his companies in Adamawa state can attest to the fact that he's got many companies n workers as well the fact still remains subject to verification but might be true remember the northerners are mostly used on manual cheap labour which to me would not cost him much in terms of revenue unlike skilled labourers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by Lordofthewest(m): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2018
The Atikulooted morons are still busy kissing his ass and massaging his balls to ask him relevant questions on how to transform the country as he promised, their eye will soon clear.

2 Likes

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by rusher14: 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2018
lonelydora:

Op, you don't know the number of people that work in Intels at Onne. He employed more than that self.

Tinubu's Intels?
Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by Wilstino: 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2018
This is lame! Oil majors in Nigeria who are worth and make more than Dangote yet they dont have up to Dangote's number of employees!! Staff strength is not measured by how much the Organisation worths or earns.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by wristbangle: 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2018
modath:

How many people, say it since you know.

Lol aunty mi! E ra ye sha.
Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by policy12: 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2018
He Atikulying and Atikulooting the employee..

So much to read during elections, those screaming he has over 50000 staffs and can't point to one person working in his company need their brain to be check.

I am not supporting Buhari before you start calling me names, but I have come to realized many of us are gullible when the politicians tell us what we want to hear. Imagine if the energy the youths of this country are using to support this two old men are channel to any of the youths contesting this elections, believe me the older men will be begging us by now.

We rather divide our self along different political parties, ethnicity and sectionalism. We talk about Macron of France but cannot support our own Kingsley Moghalu, Fela Duro, Sowore, Obiageli Ezekwesili, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by rockyh(m): 1:00pm On Oct 20, 2018
PHILipu1:

Buhari did not steal public money to open companies
but his son rides two power bikes worth over a 100mill

9 Likes

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by chrisxxx(m): 1:00pm On Oct 20, 2018
True or lie we care less. Buhari must go.

1 Like

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by mekaboy(m): 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2018
Horlaboy51:

Shut up!

Make Atiku show us those he employed and where they are working

50,000 employee grin

All these politician ehn

You think he is jobless like u? Keep wasting your life online.

1 Like

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by tuniski: 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2018
Naijaguy12345:
Atiku must have entered Igbo one chance, now it's Kanu and Biafra , no one is making noise about atikulation. How he wished he can reverse his VP slot decision.
Atikunation issa goal and e dey sweet us as e dey pain you!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by ngwababe(f): 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2018
Atiku isn't good but Buhari is worst. You people should understand that we want change, let APC bring another person,we will vote for him..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by lawrence35(m): 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2018
Bottom line, he has employee working for him, so he knows how to manage businesses.

Our current president was one time head of state, formal minister, collecting pension here and there... Who has he ever employed? How many people has he helped with his money?

Only to come out and tell us that he is poor and show us few cows.

We are here watching.

1 Share

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by tuniski: 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2018
Lordofthewest:
The Atikulooted morons are still busy kissing his ass to ask him relevant questions on how to transform the country as he promised, their eye will soon clear

Buharideenism has taken some people's brain!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2018
omoowo8888:
“Since the mid-80s, my private investments have generated thousands of jobs for Nigeria – currently standing +50,000 jobs #LetsTalkJobs”

"SO MUCH FOR 50,000 JOBS

Dangote is the largest conglomerate in West Africa and one of the largest on the African continent with over 18 subsidiaries and presence in over 10 countries. Has revenue in excess of $4.1bn. The conglomerate has just a little over 30,000 employees.

First Bank is the biggest bank in Nigeria by total deposits and gross earnings. Operating a network of over 750 business locations across Africa, the United Kingdom and representative offices in Abu Dhabi, Beijing and Johannesburg set up to capture trade-related business between geographies. It has a total employee of about 8,000+

The Lagos State public sector is the largest employer of labour amongst the states in Nigeria. Nigeria's largest state economy and the 5th largest economy on the African continent. The state's public sector has a little over 100,000 in its employment.
Facebook and it's Instagram and WhatsApp subsidiaries, with presence and field offices in many locations outside USA and an revenue of over $40bn (2017) has a little over 30,000 employees.

The Al-Futtaim group. One of the largest conglomerate in the Middle-East and perhaps the 2nd or 3rd largest in the UAE with billions of dollars in revenue has about 42,000 employees across the UAE, Middle East and the World.

The Koch industry is the second largest privately held company in the United States and the world. If it was a listed company, it would be the 17th largest in the world. The multinational employs 120,000 people in 60 COUNTRIES, with about half of its business in the United States.

How does Atiku's companies employ about 50,000 people? Where? How? Which of the companies? How many staff does ABTI have? How many does his water company have?
INTEL, his biggest company by way of revenue cannot boast of 2,000 staff. I doubt Atiku's companies combined employs up to 10,000. The numbers do not add up at all. It is either he pays below minimum wage, doesn't pay at all or must have a high number of staff redundancy. Do you even know the PAYEE taxes he'd have to remit to state governments on those 50,000? Per month?

If Dangote, the largest conglomerate in the whole of West Africa, and one of the largest in the world, with numerous heavy industries to boast of employs only about 30,000, which of ATIKU'S businesses are that big?

Me: Atiku can only Atikulate the lives and brains of wailers. We knew that with time, more lies would be revealed and as we're aware, the trends are dropping faster than we had expected.

Atiku has created over 50k direct n indirect jobs.

3 Likes

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by leighcon(m): 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2018
Don't miscontrue my reaction to mean I'm an Atiku supporter.

Generating 50,000 jobs is not the same as employing 50,000 people.

Dangote has 30,000 employees according to you. If the firm has 1,000 distributors and each distributor has 5 employees, that's additional 5,000 jobs. If each distributor has 100 retailers in their portfolio and each retailer has 2 employees, that's an additional 200 thousand jobs.

You look at the value chain in determining how much jobs have been generated. If you bring in 1,000 trucks today for logistics, you'd have 1,000 drivers, 1,000 motor boys and perhaps 50 mechanics.

Hope there's an understanding of how 50,000 jobs can happen.

13 Likes

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by gamaliel9: 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2018
Nonsense....Even if he lies...let him lie one thousand times...Back to Daura...we no do again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by Lordofthewest(m): 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2018
Oponu ara biafuro..no wonder pigs like Lamidi kanu and ojuiku can lead dummies like you to their death like sheeps to slaughter when e be say tribalism and sentiments don cover the tiny fish brain wey una get.
chrisxxx:
True or lie we care less. Buhari must go.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by KINGinVAHALA: 1:07pm On Oct 20, 2018
MeanChris:
Even if it's just 5 people that is in Atiku's workforce, it's still better than Oga Buhari that has only 1 nomadic man tendering to his 150 gay cows.

Besides how many people did Prof. Osinbajo employ?

We need Debates!!

Buhari Vs Atiku Vs Donald Duke Vs Gbor ( grin grin grin)

Prof Osinbajo vs Mr. Peter Obi Vs.. the rest..

Does been an employer equate to becoming a good president? Need I remind you that Obama was never an employer, but today he is regarded as one of US best ever president.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by madridsta007(m): 1:07pm On Oct 20, 2018
Buterflyle0:
Atiku is a Scam. His loudest noise has been 50,000 jobs even that one too is a Scam. He robbed Nigeria to enrich himself and open private businesses with his loot which he got by rendering millions jobless when he and OBJ caused the collapse of 23 of Nigeria's assets so they can sell them off dubiously.

He now turns around and says he employed 50,000 Nigerians while being quiet about the millions he rendered jobless under OBJ.

Atiku the fraud.

Thank God he didnt say, like Buhari the billionaire, that he took loan to pay for his nomination form while his children were studying at University of Surrey, one of the most expensive schools in the UK in one of the most expensive, high-brow area.
Thank God he didnt.
Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by MeanChris(m): 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2018
KINGinVAHALA:

Does been an employer equate to becoming a good president? Need I remind you that Obama was never an employer, but today he is regarded as one of US best ever president.

Obama best US president

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by Kenkuss(m): 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2018
Which one bubu Don employ?
Even his cattles don't go beyond 300 cows every year
Nonsense
Envy Envy Na wa
Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by BabaO2: 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2018
kaluxy007:
Look at his companies and you would know he's capable of employing more
do you know what it is to employ even 5000 staff? All these Nigeria gragra, no proper education. All the major telecom companies, MTN, AIRTEL, etc combined can't boast of 20000 staff strength.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by forgiveness: 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2018
Hey! He counted his cows among his employees. Afterall, they work hard to produce milks for kunu. grin sai Buhari! grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by KINGinVAHALA: 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2018
MeanChris:

Obama best US president
Nigga, not my fault if you have comprehension problem. I said one of the best. Except you wish to argue or rather counter the one of the best that I said

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by Buterflyle0: 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2018
madridsta007:

Thank God he didnt say, like Buhari the billionaire, that he took loan to pay for his nomination form while his children were studying at University of Surrey, one of the most expensive schools in the UK in one of the most expensive, high-brow area.
Thank God he didnt.

Yes thank God he didn't say that from 2000 to 2008 while he was VP he was looting Nigeria dry which he began one year after he became VP and ended one year after he stopped being VP.

His VP years were from 1999 to 2007 while his looting years were from 2000 to 2008.

Yes thank God he didn't say that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 20, 2018
Won't be surprised.

His promoters will believe anything just to sell his rotten wares.

Only fools are shouting Atikulate and OBItuary these days.

Slow minded folks who think Fayose and Jonathan are heroes of democracy.

Lol.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by Sannisege: 1:13pm On Oct 20, 2018
Earthquake1:
How many people did Buhari employ

50 cattle herders?
Well Buhari didn't claim he employed many people. Your god Atiku lied. thats the issue here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by rusher14: 1:13pm On Oct 20, 2018
madridsta007:

Thank God he didnt.

The constitution pays for an ex head of state's family's education.

2 Likes

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2018
omoowo8888:

"SO MUCH FOR 50,000 JOBS

You gave through analysis but no source to back your claim. This alone has made your post invalid,fake and misleading to the general public.
Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by Sannisege: 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2018
Kenkuss:
Which one bubu Don employ?
Even his cattles don't go beyond 300 cows every year
Nonsense
Envy Envy Na wa
obviously you lack the mental capacity to understand the argument. Buhari didn't claim what he's not regarding employment of Nigerians as your god Atiku did which has now been disproved.

1 Like

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by MeanChris(m): 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2018
KINGinVAHALA:

Nigga, not my fault if you have comprehension problem. I said one of the best. Except you wish to argue or rather counter the one of the best that I said

If you don't know what to say, you better hold your lips.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? by ordainbuzz(m): 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2018
Wheather Atiku lied or not,he employed 50000, or 1000,me and my people wud vote out the lifeless one of daura out.am Atikulated already.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NDA Attack: We Can’t Rule Out Insider Collaboration ― Lucky Irabor Declares / Buhari Passed 8 Bills Into Law. / Pictures Of Ongoing Road Rehabitation In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.