Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

10 Reasons To Date A Geek... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... (13284 Views)

Fat Women Are The Worst Kind Of Women To Date Let Alone Marry / Ladies, Can You Date A Younger Guy? / Why Do British Girls Love To Date Black Guys... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by Chxta(m): 7:38am On Jan 07, 2006
In Defense of Geeks or Ten Reasons Why You Should Date a Geek

About a year ago I appeared along with my loving geeky husband at the Chris Pirillo Show and stated my reasons why ladies should consider dating a geek. A week ago, Brian Bailey emailed me and kindly asked me to write a post on ten best things about being married to a geek.

Now, I don’t praise Robert on this blog too much, because A, his head would get too big and it would be hard to live with him under one roof and B, I don’t think it is very amusing or interesting when couples say mushy stuff about each other. Happy couples make me sick. Akh, gross, gag me with a spoon.

But I feel after three months of picking on him on this blog, I owe him one nice post and truth be told, I do love the guy. I am crazy about that goofball. Shhhhhh, don’t tell him I said that. So ladies, here are ten best things about being married to a geek:

1) He can fix your computer. There I said it. Do you really need another reason? He is not a bum. He has useful skills that can make your life (at least the part that is spent on the computer, and let’s face it, that is where we all spent most of our time any way) run smooth. Not enough? OK, here’s number two.

2) He has friends who can fix your computer. So now you are in a relationship and he knows he’s got you and doesn’t feel like he needs to jump every time you call. All of a sudden he is too busy for you? He has work to do and can’t get there fast enough? No problem. Call one of his buddies. They’d love to help out. Geeks are the most helpful friends you’d ever make.

3) Not a computer person? OK, here’s the killer. He can also hook up the TV, connect the DVD player and Tivo your favorite programs. He’ll also hook you up with the sweetest sound system you’ve ever heard. It would be like angels singing to you.

4) Looking further for another reason? Yes, you guessed it. He has friends who can hook up the TV, connect the DVD player, etc. etc. etc.

5) And it gets better: Not only can he fix your computer and DVD player, he can do the same for your friends. All of a sudden your social life will pick up. Your phone won’t stop ringing. Dinner invitations come up every night of the week. You’d be as popular as if you owned a truck and you don’t even have to help anyone move.

6) Sigh…you really want more reasons to date a geek? Fine. Here’s one for your vanity. He’ll make you shine every where you go. No matter how clumsy your sense of style, no matter how awkward your social skills, you’ll be a fashion star and a classy diplomat next to your geek. He’ll make you look so good; you’ll fall in love with yourself.

7) So you are not into computers, TVs and DVDs and you don’t care about being popular and fashionable. What about the newest techie gadgets? Do you like cell. phones, digital cameras, camcorders, or MP3 players? Forget bling bling. Let me tell you girlfriend, you are going to be a proud owner of the latest gadgets if you ever decide to date a geek. Your cell. phone will not only have your best friends’ number on speed dial, it would also be able to take pictures, make movies and even do your nails. Your sleek, sexy, and very small digital camera will take pictures that will put Ansel Adams to shame and your brand new, top of the line MP3 player will make all the heads turn your way.

cool Not satisfied yet? Ok, I hear you. You are saying gadgets and toys are fun, but they won’t keep me warm in the middle of the night, if you know what I mean. Well, I didn’t think I would have to tell you this, but I guess you are going to make me spell it out for you. Here’s the deal, sweet and simple: Your geek will worship the ground you walk on. He’ll be so happy that a pretty girl like you paid attention to him that he’ll be at your feet. He’ll adore you as if you were his queen. In his arms, you’ll feel like you are at the top of the world. Believe me, I know what I am talking about.

9) I know I got your attention now, but wait it gets better. He won’t cheat on you either. You don’t believe me? Here’s a test. Place the sexiest woman on earth in a room with a geek, say Angelina Jolie in a Victoria Secret sexy lingerie. At the other corner of the room, place the latest model of some computer or other. I am willing to bet my bottom dollar that your geek would want to play with that computer much more than getting to know Angelina Jolie. In fact, he might not even see her if the computer is on and connected to the Internet. C’mmon he has to check his email, surf the web and blog about the fact that he is in a room with Angelina Jolie wink

10) Ok, reason number ten. Did I mention he can fix your computer

http://spaces.msn.com/members/maryamie/Blog/cns!1pJf1AP0KsxqptNL0A6dlsgA!848.entry
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by sbucareer(f): 8:03am On Jan 07, 2006

I feel you, It’s not generally realized that geeks (male and female) are the best catches. Londoners focus on the glamor of the good-looking, the male jock and the statuesque female, and tend to make fun of second banana characters like Urkel. Yet, geeks (a.k.a. nerds, etc.) provide the opportunity to have much longer, more stable, and happy relationships. Here are the top ten reasons:

1. Geeks don't cheat. Geeks know that the grass only seems greener on the other side. They instinctively stay devotedly loyal to their lovers through thick and thin. Their social skills are also not well developed enough to support an affair.

2. Geeks appreciate their mates. Since you are likely to be one of the first persons a geek has ever had a significant relationship with, you will be treated well. A geek knows that there aren’t a whole lot of other possibilities. Frankly, geeks aren't quite sure how they ended up with the person they have attracted. When you date a geek, you know that geek will be yours for as long as you wish.

3. Geeks haven't formed bad relationship habits. After years of dating other people, the socially successful have become too confident to be intimate, think of partners as being only for their self-gratification, and focus on making themselves happy. None of this is true of a geek. The lack of past romantic partners allows the geek to approach lovers with the zest of a neophyte. Geeks are not full of romantic confidence. However, once encouraged, they are eager to please and enjoy their relationship.

4. Geeks are good at the things they try. Every geek has skills passionately developed over a long period of time. It could be role playing, chess, hacking, playing video games, or the ability to properly assemble a computer. So you know that geeks won't quit until they have learned how to make their relationship the best.

5. Geeks are not interested in status. Geeks became geeks because they chose to spend their time doing things that would not necessarily make them popular with everyone else in school, like sports and fashion. The ability to resist peer pressure is important to geeks. This means that a geek is more interested in your happiness than in looking good to others.

6. Geeks have imagination. Boredom is important to avoid to the game playing geek. A geek will seek new and creative ways to play, and this translates to relationships as well.

7. Geeks are happy and successful in their chosen field. No matter what their education level, geeks are able to make good incomes doing work that they enjoy. That eliminates one of the most frequent causes of relationship problems, since people who don’t like their jobs may take it out on their significant other.

8. Geeks are analytical. If they don’t get it right the first time, they look at what they did and figure out what to change. And when they DO get it right, they still keep finding ways to improve on it.

9. Geeks can concentrate. Geeks can focus their energy on one task with total intensity. Granted, the task they are focusing on may have more to do with writing new software for their Blackberry, but the fact remains that a geek, once set upon a task, tirelessly sets about to achieving a goal.

All of which means that…

10. Geeks want to be the best at what they do. So they try harder. And they never stop trying.

Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by hotangel2(f): 8:47am On Jan 10, 2006
I dunno whether to laugh or laugh or laugh. I am laughing!!!!!

the first one is like... *waaaayy over there* I LOVER NERDS/GEEKS.
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by snazzydawn(f): 3:56pm On Jan 10, 2006
Well then,I guess I love geekkssss!!!! grin grin grin
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by tamia(f): 6:50pm On Jan 10, 2006
one time in high skool this really nice guy asked me out. well i kinda liked him but he was a GEEK n my friends were like hell no! so i did not date him. i was even ashamed to tell people he'd asked me out. now i see all those things don't really matter. wat matters is the person inside. well my geekish boyfriend wannabe now studies in London n he is such a hottie but too bad i can't get him! well all's well dat ends well (guess dats how it's said)
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by ldollier(f): 6:26pm On Jan 11, 2006
all those reasons are good. but let me be honest. if i were to date a geek, i would end up breaking his heart. because "geeks are just not my type" and although they are very very successfull, i would use all his money and run. so if you are a geek and your reading this and you know me, and you have feelings for me, try your best not to fall in love with me. because if you do, i would pretend to be in love with you, get what i want and run. sorry guyz i mean geeksthat just the plain truth.

and i do have my reasons for not making them "my type"
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by c0dec(m): 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2006
@Idollier

giving sex is more than enough. love don't matter.
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by ldollier(f): 7:18pm On Jan 11, 2006
hahaha

i cant give sex to someone i dont love, or should i say someone i dont like
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by sbucareer(f): 8:16pm On Jan 11, 2006
"idollier":

Haha

i can't give sex to someone i don't love, or should i say someone i don't like

What is LOVE and LIKE got to do with sex? ...... cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by ldollier(f): 8:17pm On Jan 11, 2006
well to me it has a lot to do with it.

i cant have sex with someone i dont have any feelings for.
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by sbucareer(f): 8:23pm On Jan 11, 2006
"Idollier":

i can't have sex with someone i don't have any feelings for.

There we go again she is talking about feelings... 99.9% of unwanted sex is conducted under the influence of alcohol, drugs and other chemical substance, majority of them are teenagers.

I am not accusing you and it is NOT personal, just my opinion .... cool
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by ldollier(f): 8:32pm On Jan 11, 2006
ha, i know your not accusing

lol@unwanted sex. well i dont drink, i dont do drugs. well i hope you aint a geek cry cry

oh yea well, thank God i have a BF that aint a geek
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by sbucareer(f): 12:13am On Jan 12, 2006
"Idollier":

Object geek = "geek";
Object nerd = "nerd";
int salary = 200000;

if ( !( salary < geek.getSalary() ) ) {
system.out.print (nerd.getIsGoodToBeAGeek());
}else{
system.out.print(geek.getYouBetterDateAGeek());
}elesif{
nerd.SALARY = salary * 2;
geek.SALARY = salary * 2;
}//End program

You see either a geek wins
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by sbucareer(f): 12:15am On Jan 12, 2006
"Idollier":

Object geek = geek;
Object nerd = nerd;
int salary  = 200000;

}else{
   }elesif{
}//End program

You see either way a geek wins
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by ldollier(f): 12:15am On Jan 12, 2006
shocked cheesy smiley
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by IAH(f): 12:17am On Jan 12, 2006
sbucareer, your code can't compile. Therefore, geeks lose! Sorry, try again!
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by c0dec(m): 12:20am On Jan 12, 2006
yep. your code has a bug.
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by ldollier(f): 12:23am On Jan 12, 2006
maybe he plan on explaining that shocked shocked shocked smiley
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by sbucareer(f): 12:25am On Jan 12, 2006
if see the bug

correction

}elseif ( geek.getGirlFriendIsStillStubborn() )

nerd.SALARY = nerd.getSalary() * 2;
       geek.SALARY = geek.getSalary() * 2;
}

Okay
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by Todd(m): 12:29am On Jan 12, 2006
do marching band kids count as geeks or nerds? and if so, MB ppl are great at insturments, so he/she can play you a song.

i my self am a band-nerd BHS!!! woot
i play xylophone, but i am not your typical band-person steriotype, i am not really a nerd or geek or anything....
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by sbucareer(f): 12:32am On Jan 12, 2006
@ IAH, can u correct it for me... pls.
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by Todd(m): 9:06pm On Jan 12, 2006
sbucareer:

Object geek = geek;
Object nerd = nerd;
int salary  = 200000;

}else{
    }elesif{
}//End program

You see either way a geek wins

yeah wow... umm

If prgm=making sence
Then
WTF!!??
else
right....

anyway... do band nerd/geeks make good BF/GF??
and is a band nerd/geek even in the same class as the regular geek/nerd

band nerd>cool>geek/nerd??
band nerd<less technologicaly talented<geek/nerd
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by IAH(f): 9:11pm On Jan 12, 2006
Todd's own has finally crashed my computer oooooo! cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by Todd(m): 10:16pm On Jan 12, 2006
"Todd's own has finally crashed my computer"

Do what... shocked
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by enchantra(f): 12:52am On Jan 15, 2006
EASY- they are smart!!!!!
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by Todd(m): 8:03pm On Jan 26, 2006
just a question, but how do you people feel about band kids (or people wowever you want to word it)? like would you have a Band "nerd/kid/geek" as a BF/GF?
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by aomom(m): 7:12am On Jan 18, 2007
i agreee 100% with sbucarreer reason. an example of nerd moi. i don't scope girls because i ve a lot 2 do. mi friends wants me 2 at least ve a girl but i keep telling them i don't ve that tyme. an example theres this girl that lykes me and always wants to b around me but i wil always find one excuse or the oder 2 free me from her. one particular dai she came 2 my crib (without asking me weder 2 or not) i was so busy with my laptop that all i kuld say 2 her is hi. she was trying 2 yarn with me but because of my being busy i kldnt give her any audience, do u know wot? she out of anger she forcibly remove my flash drive from the only single usb port of the laptop thereby breaking it! (making it useless) (all because of 1 stupid girl) i was so bealed (i did say anything nor hurt her) that i just left her in the study i went straight upstairs 2 my room 2 cry!!!!!!!!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry. and u know one thing about me even if i am not interestd i am chivalrous that i know. may be that is wot really attracts them(gals) 2words me, when dey come either i find one excuse or i remain silent.

1. geeks don't ve that tyme 2 be chasing anything in skirt
2. if you're lucky 2 ve a geek as a friend forget it he is loyal 2 u (that doesn't mean u shuld act lyke d girl in my own case)
3. they like u more if u act as if r interested in wot they are obssessd about(enough attention for you because they will think they ve found a perfect march)
4. point being they r busy they don't firlt.
5 full insurance. u can bet your life on them.
6. they don't ask 4 sex
7. they r natural dey are not playas, they don't deceive u(gals)
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:42pm On Jan 18, 2007
@aomom
says who?
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by aomom(m): 4:22am On Jan 19, 2007
moi. using myself as a goood example
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:11am On Jan 19, 2007
oh i see mr good guy. lipsrsealed
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by stnkwiaz: 9:20pm On May 09, 2007
I personally found this post very shit. I could be very easily considered a geek I am currently studying IT and computing in Prague. I am very interested in the video game industry.
But i also believe that i have a normal and functioning social life i have friends most of home are not geeks we go to bars play pool normal shit. This top 10 list just makes it seem that we are only good because we will buy you expensive bullshit and program your cell phone I am talking with a serious lack of experience but isnt there more to a good relation ship than ones partner being able to connect a fucking DVD player. please let me know.
Re: 10 Reasons To Date A Geek... by Pain(m): 5:10am On May 10, 2007
Has Anyone Here Read Bill Gates Advice On How To Treat A Geek?

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is How A Faithful Man Looks Like (pic) / My Ex's Nude. Do You Know Her? (PHOTOS) / Funny Excuses People Use To Quit A Relationship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.