Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice (10135 Views)

Igboye School Students Stopped From Writing Exam Because Of Their Hijab (Photos) / I Missed A Whole Semester Exam Please What Can I Do? / University Students Walk Out Of Exam Because It’s Difficult (Watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 21, 2018
may320:
@Op, waiting to see your reply on an important question asked: Are you the only one that missed the exam?

If you are the only one then, it might partly be as a result of your attitude.
How can it be that every other person got the info except you?
Does it mean you dont have even a single person that could call you when the exam was about to commence and you were nowhere to be found?
Since the lecturer says NO, dont complicate matter for yourself, take responsibility for your action, learn from whatever brought about the mistake and take precaution next time.
I have friends,even close ones but they are not to blame because they said that our course adviser pasted a change of time in regards to that course at the notice board in the department which they all saw but that it is possible that i didn't see it due to it may have been torn by students because it is a pinned poster and morever they live in school wheareas i come from home.
Thanks but i think the HOD may consider me if he is humane and have a fatherly heart.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 21, 2018
frozen70:

If you are still in school join the next year to write yours by
re-registration

If this is your last session, you can write to the school authorities to consider giving you a solo exam

If its in their culture or practice in the school

You might be considered

Don't get yourself stressed out over things you can't handle
Thanks.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Eden007(m): 2:27pm On Oct 21, 2018
greatman55:
Nairalanders pls help me,i am confuse and depressed.

We are currently writing 2nd semester exams in school as i type.
My problem is that I missed an important course due to my coming late when they are just 5mins to round up.

Actually the exam was initially slated at 3pm but was later changed to 1pm which i wasn't aware.
I have begged the lecturer for the course,if their is any way she could help and she said no that i should sit again for the course.

I am contemplating writing to the HOD or better still the Dean.

Pls is there still hope for me or i should leave it to God.
I am currently depressed.
Pls snub any typographical error in this write-up,i am depressed.
Education is what i live for.
I can't afford to fail any course again.

Guess what same thing happened to me in my year1 first semester and that is like 10years ago. I was depressed, had to write the course again Guess what?? I laugh over it now...everything is funny to me now.
Same way you will look back and smile.
Move on...prepare for the course next year.

1 Like

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by nailcapuzzi89(m): 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2018
if u Re not in ur final year, just sit tight n retake the course bt if not do all u can to ensure d exam is rescheduled,its possible, just be polite as u go about the whole process with the lecturer in charge n other lecturers u will be seeing.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by proffemi: 3:09pm On Oct 21, 2018
greatman55:
I have friends,even close ones but they are not to blame because they said that our course adviser pasted a change of time in regards to that course at the notice board in the department which they all saw but that it is possible that i didn't see it due to it may have been torn by students because it is a pinned poster and morever they live in school wheareas i come from home.
Thanks but i think the HOD may consider me if he is humane and have a fatherly heart.

Your mentality shows gross misunderstanding of the whys and the hows of examination regulations. This had nothing to do with fatherly heart. You either have a case (in which case, the dept. has to sort out the mess) or your don't (in which case, you should please eschew sentiments, lick your wounds, and look to the future).

The questions I asked earlier should rapidly establish how much of a case you have, but for reasons best known to you, you would rather chit-chat with other students who don't know their left from their right, than engage with people who can actually advise you.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Mhizhelen001(f): 3:37pm On Oct 21, 2018
Don't be depressed dear, things like this happen..
just learn a lesson from it so it won't repeat itself.
if u beg the lecturer and he/she doesn't agree, be courageous and write it the following year. its not d end of the world
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Medunah: 3:58pm On Oct 21, 2018
I know it's not easy..... but guy, if you are not in final year, just write the course again. There is no way they are going to conduct an exam for you alone except you wanna sought the lecturer. You might have had a case if half of the class missed the exam due to the time change but it seems only few people missed it.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by mechanics(m): 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2018
She has said it all, you shouldn't have missed your exams, if I were you, i would have contact the course rep to be up to date about the exams going on, you know timetable can change anytime, your Dean and HOD don't have the power to reschedule your exam, the power lies with the school management, the VC and members of Senate.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 21, 2018
It is not your fault that you missed it,just take heart and plan ahead to write it next session,it is well.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by obstead200(m): 6:36pm On Oct 21, 2018
bigtt76:
1. What level of study are you in?
2. Are you off campus?
3. When was the initial timetable released and when was the change in timetable announced?
4. What were the means of communicating the change to the students?
5. Don't you have friends seating same exam?
6. Did they inform you or not?

If you can answer these questions correctly and answer makes sense, then you have a case else undecided
I cannot reschedule exams for my students, even if it is just an hour difference in timing, without giving them at least a week notice.
In my institution, wicked devilish colleagues can get u fired just for doing this, especially if a single student misses the rescheduled exam.
Recently, a spillover student missed my rescheduled exam, even after I have over two week notice.
I had to privately fix a separate exam for the dude same day. I no fit shout.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Bacteriologist(m): 10:15am On Oct 22, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
The truth is always bitter. You are not a serous student if not all your thoughts would have being about the exam since it was a rescheduled one.Go carry it over and be careful next time.You can get angry about my comment I don't give a damn.

This is the most stupid comment I've heard in a very long time. And this kind of people, my people, is why Nigeria will never progress.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Bacteriologist(m): 10:16am On Oct 22, 2018
obstead200:
I cannot reschedule exams for my students, even if it is just an hour difference in timing, without giving them at least a week notice.
In my institution, wicked devilish colleagues can get u fired just for doing this, especially if a single student misses the rescheduled exam.
Recently, a spillover student missed my rescheduled exam, even after I have over two week notice.
I had to privately fix a separate exam for the dude same day. I no fit shout.

God Bless you sir, for your compassion.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Bacteriologist(m): 10:20am On Oct 22, 2018
proffemi:

Your mentality shows gross misunderstanding of the whys and the hows of examination regulations. This had nothing to do with fatherly heart. You either have a case (in which case, the dept. has to sort out the mess) or your don't (in which case, you should please eschew sentiments, lick your wounds, and look to the future).

The questions I asked earlier should rapidly establish how much of a case you have, but for reasons best known to you, you would rather chit-chat with other students who don't know their left from their right, than engage with people who can actually advise you.

It's good as he ignored you. I guess you're in the university system, no wonder our tertiary education can't keep up.

You sadistic lots are always looking for people to kick when they're down to boost your low self esteem. Spits.

1 Like

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Bacteriologist(m): 10:27am On Oct 22, 2018
greatman55:

A good university system should know that hard copy information is very ineffective. And as such should have taken it as a last resort no matter the hindrance to the 3pm paper.

You arrived at the time you knew the exam would hold. You have done your part. It wasn't enough but you tried.

Dust yourself up and move on. Nigeria is a very disorganized clime (the comments section should tell you that by now). Some retards are actually defending the university's lack of decision. People in the university are frustrated and are looking for whom to take it out on. Hence, they victimise students.

Don't let them get to you. This doesn't mean you're not serious. Gear up and just be more alert next time.

2 Likes

Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by proffemi: 3:37pm On Oct 22, 2018
Bacteriologist:

It's good as he ignored you. I guess you're in the university system, no wonder our tertiary education can't keep up.

You sadistic lots are always looking for people to kick when they're down to boost your low self esteem. Spits.

Why don't you see how many people I have kicked while they were down on Nairaland before shaming yourself and your parents?
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Bacteriologist(m): 11:26pm On Oct 23, 2018
proffemi:

Why don't you see how many people I have kicked while they were down on Nairaland before shaming yourself and your parents?

I wonder who's shaming their entire blighted generation right here. Stop being such a dishonest crook who gets fun while making others sad.

Maybe that's how your hapless parents brought you up. But that's not my concern. Don't transfer that aggression to people who are seeking help just because you are too dumb to realise you also need some.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by proffemi: 6:57am On Oct 24, 2018
Bacteriologist:

I wonder who's shaming their entire blighted generation right here. Stop being such a dishonest crook who gets fun while making others sad.

Maybe that's how your hapless parents brought you up. But that's not my concern. Don't transfer that aggression to people who are seeking help just because you are too dumb to realise you also need some.

"Timilehin", if you wanted to know if I'm in the same class as teachers who made your own life hell, you could have found out. Well, I am not. My interactions with other students on Nairaland are oh-so public records.

Note this, and note it well: those so quick to resort to abusive language online do so under the mistaken notion that you can remain anonymous for ever. You are not anonymous to me. A quick check reveals that in your case, your godless existence and circumstances are certainly reason enough for the unprovoked bile. You obviously need help, and I see no point in poking an individual in such a bad place psychologically. You can feel free to say whatever you like, seeing as you need to vent, but do so knowing that I basically know your entire life history. Stay on the right sides of decency and abusive language.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by proffemi: 11:59am On Oct 24, 2018
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Bacteriologist(m): 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2018
proffemi:

"Timilehin", if you wanted to know if I'm in the same class as teachers who made your own life hell, you could have found out. Well, I am not. My interactions with other students on Nairaland are oh-so public records.

Note this, and note it well: those so quick to resort to abusive language online do so under the mistaken notion that you can remain anonymous for ever. You are not anonymous to me. A quick check reveals that in your case, your godless existence and circumstances are certainly reason enough for the unprovoked bile. You obviously need help, and I see no point in poking an individual in such a bad place psychologically. You can feel free to say whatever you like, seeing as you need to vent, but do so knowing that I basically know your entire life history. Stay on the right sides of decency and abusive language.

Lol don't play god because I dropped my Twitter handle. And you started the insults first, so.

Well have a good one.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by proffemi: 8:33am On Oct 27, 2018
Bacteriologist:
Lol don't play god because I dropped my Twitter handle. And you started the insults first, so.
Well have a good one.

I started the insults? I hope you're not high.

If you are amnesic, you can at least scroll through your history and tell me what I said, or what gives you the goddamn right to spit on someone old enough to be your father, for trying to help?

You young ones need to learn that there are sometimes real consequences to being obnoxious online, especially when you are dumb enough to leave a trail all over cyberspace.
Re: I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 28, 2018
greatman55:
Nairalanders pls help me,i am confuse and depressed.

We are currently writing 2nd semester exams in school as i type.
My problem is that I missed an important course due to my coming late when they are just 5mins to round up.

Actually the exam was initially slated at 3pm but was later changed to 1pm which i wasn't aware.
I have begged the lecturer for the course,if their is any way she could help and she said no that i should sit again for the course.

I am contemplating writing to the HOD or better still the Dean.

Pls is there still hope for me or i should leave it to God.
I am currently depressed.
Pls snub any typographical error in this write-up,i am depressed.
Education is what i live for.
I can't afford to fail any course again.
You have no excuse for this because your course mates where present.it seems you are the only one affected and this can only happen when you lack real friends in your department.
I was even in a worst situation than you.Mine was totally the fault of our lecturer. But what can I do, lecturers are demi-god in Nigeria.I had two missing script in a semester. After meeting those lecturer involve they started claiming I didn't sit for the exam.But I insist they check the exam records, which they did and confirmed I was present.what did they do after they knew the fault where theirs? Nothing!!! I had to write those exam as a carryover courses. After getting an A and B in those exam,they computed the result as carryover. I cried because I had no one to defend me. But life continues.
Today I'm a 2nd class upper graduate. Rewrite the exam and God will see you through.
Lastly, those people you call friends in that your department kindly distance yourself from them.I can't count how many times my friends inform me about a change in timetable or examination time.They call me if I miss any lecture, how much more an exam.you also have to do a thorough search on yourself.Do you also sacrifice your time to deal with your friends academical problem? If you do that means you urgently need to change your friends.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu's Izuchukwu Godswill Edeani Wins National Scientists Presidential Award / Profile Of Adegboye, Ilaro SUG President, You Will Know If He Is A Cultist / Jamb & Neco Biometric Fingerprint Scanner U Are U4500 Digitalpersona For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.