Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,245 members, 7,818,838 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Dating A Nigerian In U.S. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Nigerian In U.S. (1922 Views)

Groom Disappears On His Wedding Day, Bride Goes Ahead With The Event In U.K / Kenny Brandmuse Weds His Gay Boyfriend In U.S (Wedding Photos) / Man Accuses Wife Of Dating A Corper, Sends Her Packing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by Rabbit74: 10:55pm On Oct 20, 2018
I've been dating a Nigerian guy for a few weeks. He said he has been through the introduction ceremony already before coming here and has a 2 year old son. Is the introduction a "done deal " as far as marriage? He says he already has a green card. And SUPPOSEDLY put a stop to everything claiming he isn't going through with the wedding. I just need input from someone that lives in Nigeria and knows well about the culture.
Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by Japsylee: 11:41pm On Oct 20, 2018
Rabbit74:
I've been dating a Nigerian guy for a few weeks. He said he has been through the introduction ceremony already before coming here and has a 2 year old son. Is the introduction a "done deal " as far as marriage? He SUPPOSEDLY put a stop to everything claiming he isn't going through with the wedding. I just need input from someone that lives in Nigeria and knows well about the culture.
This your monicker be like person wey dey for nkwo nnewi ABI otuu Onitsha

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by tripplephi: 12:05am On Oct 21, 2018
WOW.....

If you believe in KARMA.... simply END whatever you have with him till he has ended his relationship and annulled his INTRODUCTION with his lady here in Nigeria. Let me explain how most Nigerian men do it...

When a NIGERIAN MAN begins to make plans to leave the country, in common cases if he already has a GIRL FRIEND they make promises NOT to leave or forget each other, some take oats in fetish shrines or with bodily made incisions as a covenant NOT to leave each other, in other cases some demand MARRIAGE or at LEAST A SHOW OF LIFETIME COMMITMENT which we call INTRODUCTION which is a culture based ceremony to PUBLICLY declare that they are a COUPLE.

Now after the INTRODUCTION, everyone treats them as a COUPLE even before MARRIAGE. Sadly most NIGERIAN MEN travel overseas even AFTER INTRODUCTION and NEVER RETURN to their STRANDED PARTNERS..... because either the lady is pregnant for him or in your case has already given birth to at least a child. This is a common occurrence here, the NIGERIAN MAN ABROAD THEN FINDS A FOREIGN LADY in a pretext of LOVE just in a bid to GUARNTEE A PERMANENT STAY in that country. It is strangely a normal thing.

So I advice you to ask him or his relatives proper questions else you may become the OTHER WOMAN and his real BETROTHED WIFE may seek spiritual or fetish help to put a curse on him out of the pain of being deceived by him.
Do the right thing and ask questions from friends and relatives before you agree to marry him.... HE MUST PROVE HE HAS ENDED ANY RELATIONSHIP HE HAD IN NIGERIA else you may get hurt

Rabbit74:
I've been dating a Nigerian guy for a few weeks. He said he has been through the introduction ceremony already before coming here and has a 2 year old son. Is the introduction a "done deal " as far as marriage? He SUPPOSEDLY put a stop to everything claiming he isn't going through with the wedding. I just need input from someone that lives in Nigeria and knows well about the culture.

5 Likes

Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by Thegamingorca(m): 12:08am On Oct 21, 2018
I smell ugandans
Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by Kingdante(m): 12:43am On Oct 21, 2018
tripplephi:
WOW.....

If you believe in KARMA.... simply END whatever you have with him till he has ended his relationship and annulled his INTRODUCTION with his lady here in Nigeria. Let me explain how most Nigerian men do it...

When a NIGERIAN MAN begins to make plans to leave the country, in common cases if he already has a GIRL FRIEND they make promises NOT to leave or forget each other, some take oats in fetish shrines or with bodily made incisions as a covenant NOT to leave each other, in other cases some demand MARRIAGE or at LEAST A SHOW OF LIFETIME COMMITMENT which we call INTRODUCTION which is a culture based ceremony to PUBLICLY declare that they are a COUPLE.

Now after the INTRODUCTION, everyone treats them as a COUPLE even before MARRIAGE. Sadly most NIGERIAN MEN travel overseas even AFTER INTRODUCTION and NEVER RETURN to their STRANDED PARTNERS..... because either the lady is pregnant for him or in your case has already given birth to at least a child. This is a common occurrence here, the NIGERIAN MAN ABROAD THEN FINDS A FOREIGN LADY in a pretext of LOVE just in a bid to GUARNTEE A PERMANENT STAY in that country. It is strangely a normal thing.

So I advice you to ask him or his relatives proper questions else you may become the OTHER WOMAN and his real BETROTHED WIFE may seek spiritual or fetish help to put a curse on him out of the pain of being deceived by him.
Do the right thing and ask questions from friends and relatives before you agree to marry him.... HE MUST PROVE HE HAS ENDED ANY RELATIONSHIP HE HAD IN NIGERIA else you may get hurt

Why are you like this? You took your time typed a long ass msg to cast another man .......

Wetin u choose to gain? Abu u too want the oyibo girl? She ask you simple question you begin tell her Tinz wen go likely wan make her breakup ...... not even for once did you think or feel every body no b d same? Wat if this guy truly want this oyibo lady and you just successful break the home, depriving the young child of a fatherly presence while growing up........

Bros welcome, God no ho spoil your own oo

8 Likes

Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by Fhowe: 4:52am On Oct 21, 2018
Kingdante:

Why are you like this? You took your time typed a long ass msg to cast another man .......

Wetin u choose to gain? Abu u too want the oyibo girl? She ask you simple question you begin tell her Tinz wen go likely wan make her breakup ...... not even for once did you think or feel every body no b d same? Wat if this guy truly want this oyibo lady and you just successful break the home, depriving the young child of a fatherly presence while growing up........

the op is a scam and this story is a lie trying to lure the visa hungry people . What is our business with her issues . No Nigerian woman will hear her boyfriend has done introduction with another and won’t run talkless of having a kid rada rada
Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by Fhowe: 4:53am On Oct 21, 2018
Rabbit74:
this your rubbish story will never get you a rabbit
Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by Kingdante(m): 1:26pm On Oct 21, 2018
Fhowe:
the op is a scam and this story is a lie trying to lure the visa hungry people . What is our business with her issues . No Nigerian woman will hear her boyfriend has done introduction with another and won’t run talkless of having a kid rada rada

Abi? That’s another point to it tho
Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2018
Rabbit74:
If he’s trying to get his green card then help him get it. Just know he’s going back to his wife afterword. If you are African there’s only 15 %chance he would leave his Nigerian family for you. If you are Nigerian American then 50/50 . Try ya luck.
Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by Fhowe: 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2018
Kingdante:

Abi? That’s another point to it tho
it’s painful a lot of fraud has taken over nairaland and nothing is been done about it
Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by drnoel: 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2018
Kingdante:

Bros, Nigerians are demons even unto themselves
Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by iceybux(m): 6:21pm On Oct 21, 2018
tripplephi:
WOW.....

I tr

someone like never gets to make it in life.. first of all u dont knw the fact surround d so calld introduction. . but u toook time out to type rubbish and even went fetish. for fucksake this is 2018 and ppl dnt do such rubbish anymore.. but for u to have such hatred for someone u dont knw and type this shit.. u will never succeed in ur life.. bastard
Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by BlackAdam55(m): 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2018
Rabbit74:
yep the introduction is a done deal,find your self another bf,but you this your story seems fake
bye

1 Like

Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by iceybux(m): 6:25pm On Oct 21, 2018
drnoel:

Bros, Nigerians are demons even unto themselves

as in ehn... imagine all the rubbish. . if ma em blood brother u think the poo go utter those rubbish
Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by Rabbit74: 1:47am On Oct 22, 2018
I don't know why people are saying I'm lying. But I've been searching for real advice, and only received 2 intelligent replies. I met this person on a dating sight "Black People Meet." And he is not seeking a green card apparently because he already has one.
Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by ndindiatu: 2:40am On Oct 22, 2018
Rabbit74:
I don't know why people are saying I'm lying. But I've been searching for real advice, and only received 2 intelligent replies. I met this person on a dating sight "Black People Meet." And he is not seeking a green card apparently because he already has one.
Lol. Make I go find the web site. If u bie Niger wey wan escape Niger let's gather in the site

1 Like

Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by tripplephi: 9:26am On Oct 22, 2018
TRUTH is bitter....

btw... I HAVE ALREADY MADE IT IN LIFE MORE THAN YOUR GENERATION. Lol.

iceybux:

someone like never gets to make it in life.. first of all u dont knw the fact surround d so calld introduction. . but u toook time out to type rubbish and even went fetish. for fucksake this is 2018 and ppl dnt do such rubbish anymore.. but for u to have such hatred for someone u dont knw and type this shit.. u will never succeed in ur life.. bastard
Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by tripplephi: 9:29am On Oct 22, 2018
what ruuubbbiiish... did you not see where I CLEARLY stated that the lady should make her FINDINGS? That she should ask his friends and siblings? OR HAVE ALL NIGERIANS CHANGED?

What da heck are u saying... see respect yourself.... TRUTH IS BITTER.... If I didnt consider the guy I would not balance the things I said. God can not punish TRUTH. you want me to feel for someone I do not KNOW.... and to COVER UP what really happens in NIGERIA?

pls if you can not advice the lady then dont comment and attack my post.

Kingdante:

Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by tripplephi: 9:35am On Oct 22, 2018
I best advice you to close this thread, I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN YOU A BALANCED REPLY.... yet I got insulted for it BECAUSE truth is BITTER... if you need further advice then contact those whose comment helped you privately.

NIGERIA IS A GREAT NATION but Nigerians are its curse.... Hypocrisy is what we do to ourselves most times... and those who are honest enough to call it for what it is are attacked.... MANY WHO ARE HERE WOULD WISH THEY HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY AND DO A SIMILAR THING. All my point is, MARRIAGE is not really a UNION BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE BUT a UNION between TWO WORLDS.... do your physical investigations before committing to any major thing. A broken relationship is healthier than a broken marriage.

BYE.
note to all haters: BEFORE you reply me kindly ADVICE THE OP EVEN IF THE STORY DOES NOT SEEM TRUE TO YOU

Rabbit74:
Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by Kingdante(m): 9:45am On Oct 22, 2018
tripplephi:
what ruuubbbiiish... did you not see where I CLEARLY stated that the lady should make her FINDINGS? That she should ask his friends and siblings? OR HAVE ALL NIGERIANS CHANGED?

What da heck are u saying... see respect yourself.... TRUTH IS BITTER.... If I didnt consider the guy I would not balance the things I said. God can not punish TRUTH. you want me to feel for someone I do not KNOW.... and to COVER UP what really happens in NIGERIA?

pls if you can not advice the lady then dont comment and attack my post.

Smh ......

1 Like

Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 22, 2018
tripplephi:
WOW.....

If you believe in KARMA....

you can't judge and condemn someone you've not met like this. I'm glad you believe in Karma
Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by iceybux(m): 7:54pm On Oct 22, 2018
tripplephi:
TRUTH is bitter....

btw... I HAVE ALREADY MADE IT IN LIFE MORE THAN YOUR GENERATION. Lol.

ppl who made it dont come on er to castigate other, ur approach to issues showsthe level of stupidity and how shallow minded being u re... juat go get a life, dont need argue any more with it... b safe
Re: Dating A Nigerian In U.S. by kunleweb: 9:41am On Oct 23, 2018
Kingdante:

grin

(1) (Reply)

New Method Of Scam (fraud) In Uyo / My Gal Friend Want Me To Write Undertaking / SHAMEFUL: A Prostitute (unclad) Beat Up A Man For Refusing To Pay Her After...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.