Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,795 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (428280 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 10:43am On Dec 27, 2019
Study4life:

QUESTION

@legitbachelor , Sharpman AND OTHER ELDERS IN THE HOUSE
Is it possible for my number and my fiancée's number to show together on our WhatsApp call log details? Pls what's the possible way to do that or should we screenshot our call log details separately? Since it was written on the items for inteview that one must ensure that both numbers and duration of calls must show on their call logs details.

You can extract your chats, sms and phone logs/conversations with imazing app if you use iPhone. I’m sure there’s an app for Android as well...
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 10:44am On Dec 27, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Like I said, the best response to that question is the truth. If these responses posted by a vj member is the truth for Disguy1, then he can provide it as his answer if asked. However if its not, the CO might find out he's lying and that could affect his approval. The CO' s are experts at probing if they suspect sth fishy.

For instance, if they suspect you said sth that's not true, they can probe further by asking leading questions. The first option given by the vj member is to "test waters". The CO might ask why are you testing waters if you truly love her. They might also ask why don't she come to Nigeria to "test waters" since its much easier for her to come to Nigeria (since she is both Nigerian and American) than for you to go to America. Options 2, 3 and 4 doesnt apply to you since you are a guy. But even if you want to reverse it, they can still probe further by asking why. For instance, if you say you want her family in the States to get to know you, they will ask why not she also come to Nigeria to get to know your family....you get my drift?

Concerning frypuffpuff's suggestion, they can ask why don't she first come to Nigeria to meet your parents? They know the Nigerian customs and know that our customs value both parents of the bride and groom. They know that your parents are meant to see the bride and give their blessings as well. So they can probe along that line.

So, like I said earlier, there is no standard answer to that question. The only standard answer is the truth and nothing but the truth. If the truth is that you feel america is the best place for you and your future wife because it has a better economy than Nigeria or better security than Nigeria. Then go-ahead and say it. If the truth is that you also want to study in the US after marriage then say it. As long as you truly love your fiance, you are fine, the CO can't come in between your love for her. They can't deny two love birds coming together to get married. But if you don't love her, then.....I have nothing to say :-x. I trust you do love her.

Thanks boss..
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 10:45am On Dec 27, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Saw this question once on vj. So I screenshot it for future purpose.

Thanks. This was helpful.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 10:54am On Dec 27, 2019
dicsnemma:
Is it really true that the Embassy don’t accept stapled documents The responses from VJ on this topic is quite confusing.

@disguy1, have you heard from the embassy yet bro?

Bro, No direct response yet. Keep getting the auto response faq. And the link to the packet 3 in the faq is broken.

Kindly help verify if the attached is what was sent to you as packet 3. Sourced it it from VJ.

Thanks..

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 5:41am On Dec 28, 2019
Study4life:

@legitbachelor, is it not time for u to block this person named *SMARTKITTY*? I dont like how he uses negativity tools in answering people's questions! I dont knw whoever the guy or lady is but he/she behaves like a sadist that want people to be victims like himself or herself, forgetting that not everybody is a fraud or involves in shady things. I believe that people here are genuine people with reputable characters.
Is obvious that his/her intentions are bad towards others.
By their fruits we shall know them.
Complain about this if you believe you have a brain.
RaptorX:
Silly Nigerians disgracing themselves and their country over some stupid Visa to go and be a 3rd class citizen. The oyinbos VO will just be making fun of you people behind closed doors and in phone conversations to friends and families back in the state.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 7:38am On Dec 28, 2019
[quote author=disguy1 post=85257084]

Bro, No direct response yet. Keep getting the auto response faq. And the link to the packet 3 in the faq is broken.

Kindly help verify if the attached is what was sent to you as packet 3. Sourced it it from VJ.

Thanks..

That is really weird that you haven’t heard from them still. But yes, that was what they sent to me. I hope you hear from them. Best wishes.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 8:51am On Dec 28, 2019
@Legit, Sharpman, Drenimarcus et al

Should I be worried if I don’t get the packet 3 email from the consulate before my interview date?

@discnemma, what email address did you send a reminder to. Maybe I’m sending to the wrong address....
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Innobeem: 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Just tell them the truth. Only you and your fiance know the reason.
tell them it’s the best and quickest way for the both of u to be together compare to marrying in nigeria
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2019
[quote author=disguy1 post=85280813]@Legit, Sharpman, Drenimarcus et al

Should I be worried if I don’t get the packet 3 email from the consulate before my interview date?

@discnemma, what email address did you send a reminder to. Maybe I’m sending to the wrong address....

LagosIV@state.gov. That’s the email
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
disguy1:
@Legit, Sharpman, Drenimarcus et al

I don't think you should be worried.

Hopefully you will get the email but i really did not use the email for anything. I already got all the information i needed for the interview from visajourney. The email from the consulate only confirmed i was on the right track. However, i don't know the administrative implication of the email at the embassy's end.

This thread on visajourney was really helpful. See link below.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679202-k1-visa-procedures-for-nigeria-only/
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 5:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
So.....i got a Christmas / New Year gift yesterday.

My EAD (work authorization) and AP (travel authorization) was approved yesterday (Dev 27, 2019).

See attached timeline.....took roughly 3 months and 10 days. Holiday has finished, time to start the hustle.....

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
Please is w2 same as tax returns?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 7:12pm On Dec 28, 2019
Glorioussugar:
Please is w2 same as tax returns?

Nope. W2 is from the employer, tax returns is from the tax payer.

The employer sends w2 to the tax payer who uses it to prepare the tax returns.

Best is to get tax transcripts directly from the IRS.....it contains all the information required and removes all doubt.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2019
sharpman1:

My EAD (work authorization) and AP (travel authorization) was approved yesterday (Dev 27, 2019).

See attached timeline.....took roughly 3 months and 10 days. Holiday has finished, time to start the hustle.....

Congrats boss.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 10:25pm On Dec 28, 2019
sharpman1:

I don't think you should be worried.

Hopefully you will get the email but i really did not use the email for anything. I already got all the information i needed for the interview from visajourney. The email from the consulate only confirmed i was on the right track. However, i don't know the administrative implication of the email at the embassy's end.

This thread on visajourney was really helpful. See link below.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679202-k1-visa-procedures-for-nigeria-only/

Thanks boss.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 10:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
sharpman1:

Cool Christmas gift. Congrats bro.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 11:28pm On Dec 28, 2019
sharpman1:

Nope. W2 is from the employer, tax returns is from the tax payer.

The employer sends w2 to the tax payer who uses it to prepare the tax returns.

Best is to get tax transcripts directly from the IRS.....it contains all the information required and removes all doubt.

Ok thanks you. Please if the embassy doesn’t accept stapled document, can I use gum on the passport on police report and birth certificate?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Study4life: 12:24am On Dec 29, 2019
Glorioussugar:

Ok thanks you. Please if the embassy doesn’t accept stapled document, can I use gum on the passport on police report and birth certificate?

Leave the staple on the police report, that's the way it comes is an official document so I dont think u should tamper it, even the birth certificate or attestation of birth...
I think the issue of staple is not allowed when u use it on unofficial documents that's why paper clips is recommended to hold ur supporting documents

That's what I think. I stand to be corrected

Attached to this is the sample of paper clip to hold ur chats print out, call logs etc

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Study4life: 12:27am On Dec 29, 2019
sharpman1:

Congratulations @ Sharpman
Pls there's a question I asked on how to print out WhatsApp call log details in a way it can show the both numbers together, is it possible?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 5:48am On Dec 29, 2019
sharpman1:

Congrats friend.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 8:24am On Dec 29, 2019
Study4life:

Pls there's a question I asked on how to print out WhatsApp call log details in a way it can show the both numbers together, is it possible?
Kindly follow the steps below

1. Save your phone number as your WhatsApp username

2. Delete your fiance(e) 's name, just allow his/her phone to show

3: On the chat page between the both of you, click the three dotted lines at the top right and click EXPORT

4: send the saved generated doc to your email.

5: come back and thank me later, cheesy! I wish you success on your journey joor

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 9:26am On Dec 29, 2019
sharpman1:

congrats bro
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 10:29am On Dec 29, 2019
I screenshot my chats and calls. And then printed it out. Hope that’s ok?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Study4life: 12:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
Glorioussugar:
I screenshot my chats and calls. And then printed it out. Hope that’s ok?

For your calls that you screenshots@ Glorioussugar , did it showed ur number and your fiancé number?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2019
Study4life:

For your calls that you screenshots@ Glorioussugar , did it showed ur number and your fiancé number?

It showed only my fiancé number
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Study4life: 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
Glorioussugar:

It showed only my fiancé number

The same thing here oooo
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Congrats boss.

Thanks bro.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Study4life: 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2019
Treasureprince1:

Kindly follow the steps below

1. Save your phone number as your WhatsApp username

2. Delete your fiance(e) 's name, just allow his/her phone to show

3: On the chat page between the both of you, click the three dotted lines at the top right and click EXPORT

4: send the saved generated doc to your email.

5: come back and thank me later, cheesy! I wish you success on your journey joor

@Treasureprince
I did what u advised, but it shows only my fiance's number , my number is not showing...
Even on my WhatsApp chats, it shows only my fiance's number , instead of my number to show on my comments, it displays "You".
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
disguy1:

Cool Christmas gift. Congrats bro.

Yes o. Thank you.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 2:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
Glorioussugar:

Just leave the police report and birth certificate as prepared by the issuing authority.

Don't tamper with official documents!!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
Study4life:

What I did was to take screenshots of the chats and the call logs. I deleted the contact of my fiance on my phone so the cats and calls showed only the number without any names.

For some calls, I clicked on individual calls and that showed the call duration....which I also took screen shots. U did that for a couple of calls.

All the screenshots were printed for the interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
nextlevel2222:

Congrats friend.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.