Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (427436 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 11:04am On Jun 28, 2020
Please what should we fill in that no 38, after ticking the "intend" box, how do we "indicate the exact nature and duration of the contributions you intend to make" part?

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 28, 2020
Treasureprince1:
Please what should we fill in that no 38, after ticking the "intend" box, how do we "indicate the exact nature and duration of the contributions you intend to make" part?
Intend. And write below: $1,000 monthly during 1 year.
Or $10,000, whatever your American Fiance(e) will deposit to your account after you arrive to US. Any normal American Fiance(e) knows how frustrating is for a new immigrant to stay out of job until the Work Permit arrives, how uncomfortable is to ask for a drink or personal needs, some shopping walking around and seeing so many things to buy or to help the Nigerian family with some money. You need this support during the 1st year and more you get, better it is.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 10:02pm On Jun 28, 2020
Treasureprince1:

Abeg don't listen to that ignorant fellow that likes jumping on questions that he does not understand or have answers to.

So.........when i filled mine, i did not tick any of the boxes. However, i went to Part 7 and wrote the following in the additional information (See attached file). I got the idea from visa journey.

Now, I am not saying you should not tick the "intend" to box. Hopefully, others that actually filled the form and did not have any issues will tell you what they did.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2020
sharpman1:

Abeg don't listen to that ignorant fellow that likes jumping on questions that he does not understand or have answers to.

So.........when i filled mine, i did not tick any of the boxes. However, i went to Part 7 and wrote the following in the additional information (See attached file). I got the idea from visa journey.

Now, I am not saying you should not tick the "intend" to box. Hopefully, others that actually filled the form and did not have any issues will tell you what they did.

thank you baba, #respect
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 10:30pm On Jun 28, 2020
Treasureprince1:
thank you baba, #respect

In the Part 7, don't forget to fill Family Name, Given Name, Middle Name and A-Number (If any). I deliberately blocked that out.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 11:15pm On Jun 28, 2020
sharpman1:

In the Part 7, don't forget to fill Family Name, Given Name, Middle Name and A-Number (If any). I deliberately blocked that out.
please which of the names should we fill, mine or my fiancee's?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
Treasureprince1:
please which of the names should we fill, mine or my fiancee's?

The affidavit of Support is filled by your USC fiance. She's saying she'll support you when you come. She fills it or you fill on the assumption that she's filling and get her to sign.

I hope that answers your question.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 12:01am On Jun 29, 2020
sharpman1:

The affidavit of Support is filled by your USC fiance. She's saying she'll support you when you come. She fills it or you fill on the assumption that she's filling and get her to sign.

you're a good man, thank you so much, you don see as coro pause lastborn na

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 29, 2020
1. IT'S NOT YOU, YOUR AMERICAN FIANCE SHOULD FILL UP THIS FORM AND SIGN. So really it's not your business to say yes or not.
2. You are suppose to mark it yes for that question because otherwise the gov’t might think your fiance will become a burden to society.
3. Your Petitioner always can ask an American lawyer to fill up the form.
Under U.S. immigration law, non citizens traveling to the United States are inadmissible if, among other reasons, they are “likely to become a public charge.”

Question 38: You should check “intend” here and provide information about the extent of support you will provide your foreign visitor. For example, if you are inviting your cousin to visit your home in the U.S. for two weeks, you should write: “I will furnish room and board and provide money for food, entertainment, and any necessary medical expenses for the duration of her visit.” If you plan on providing your visitor with a stipend, you can write “I will provide a lump sum of $1,000 for any expenses during her visit.”
https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/filling-out-form-i-134-affidavit-support-help-us-visa-applicant.html
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 12:57am On Jun 29, 2020
sharpman1:

Correct. It's she or he as an American citizen responsible to fill it up. He/She should better consult the American lawyer not relaying on a foreign fiance(e) advice. Foreign fiance(e) is not n expert in American law.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2020
sharpman1:

Yo man,it was on this same nairaland that someone wrote something similar to what you wrote and was denied,just tell your fiancée to write that she’ll be supporting you in all ways including your visa procurement and your coming to America,your feeding,shelter and in every possible way till you’re able to stand on your own,saying that you’ll be collecting a certain amount of money looks like fraud to them and I don’t think you want anybody to tell you that after all the waiting time to see your woman and the wahala

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 30, 2020
Sukey:

Yo man,it was on this same nairaland that someone wrote something similar to what you wrote and was denied,just tell your fiancée to write that she’ll be supporting you in all ways including your visa procurement and your coming to America,your feeding,shelter and in every possible way till you’re able to stand on your own,saying that you’ll be collecting a certain amount of money looks like fraud to them and I don’t think you want anybody to tell you that after all the waiting time to see your woman and the wahala
why fraud? Don't cheat. I know the real cases where the American Fiance(e) wrote $2,000 or $5,000 monthly for 1 year and it was deposited to the foreign partner secured Visa card. It's very correct to give an allowance to the foreign partner who still has no job and work permit. Imagine your husband asking you money for to buy water, to fill up the gasoline or to buy a sandwich when he goes to look for a job or the foreign wife asking money for to buy panties, deodorant and sanitary pads. Normal people give an allowance if they really love the foreign husband or wife, also at arriving buying the phone, laptop, winter clothes, etc. It's a big spending but if you love the person, you care.

Fraud Americans we are NOT Nigerians and we know well if we sign the government form, we do it. Same our government knows American citizens don't lie to the government. US government will check well all Nigerian documents because it could be a Fraud. American citizens' signature is enough confirming the truth.

And read the new rules I mentioned above. If your fiance(e) doesn't mention he/she will support you, you can be denied your visa.
Under U.S. immigration law, non citizens traveling to the United States are inadmissible if, among other reasons, they are “likely to become a public charge.”

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 30, 2020
BTW, I don't understand why you all are insisting in to fill up the K1 petition documents?
IT'S NOT YOUR BUSINESS. K1 IS FILLED UP AND SIGNED BY AMERICAN CITIZEN. Your opinion about it is zero, nada. K1 forms are legal contract forms between the American Government and American citizen. Period.

It does sound like a Fraud when Nigerians try to manipulate what and how to fill up the official American forms. Your fiance)e) should do it and you do your part, your Nigerian documents.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 1:40am On Jun 30, 2020
Sukey:

Well.....i don't know of anyone (on Nairaland and even visajourney) that wrote what I wrote and was denied.

The person I remember was denied on Nairaland specifically selected 'I do not intend' and that was clearly the reason the fellow was denied.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 1:59am On Jun 30, 2020
sharpman1:

Well.....i don't know of anyone (on Nairaland and even visajourney) that wrote what I wrote and was denied.
The person I remember was denied on Nairaland specifically selected 'I do not intend' and that was clearly the reason the fellow was denied.
Better safe than sorry. This year new rules: Under U.S. immigration law, non citizens traveling to the United States are inadmissible if, among other reasons, they are “likely to become a public charge.” And more rules, delays, restrictions and denials are coming. Good luck.

One Nigerian lady was denied recently just for saying she doesn't plan to work in US, she will be a housewife (likely to become a public charge).
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 2:06am On Jun 30, 2020
sharpman1:

Abeg don't listen to that ignorant fellow that likes jumping on questions that he does not understand or have answers to. (in sharpman1 words applied to him, enjoy).
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 8:30am On Jun 30, 2020
sharpman1:

@sharpman,my bad.i wasn’t talking about you lol,Just seeing it now that It was you I replied,what you put in the form is fine.if you read my reply you’ll see that it wasn’t meant for you but treasure prince,you came into the country before me bro
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 12:07pm On Jun 30, 2020
sharpman1:

I remember we followed this sage advise for filling our form and all was good.

TreasurePrince, leave it blank and fill out the supplemental part as advised. Wish you the best bro.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2020
disguy1:

TreasurePrince, leave it blank and fill out the supplemental part as advised. Wish you the best bro.
thanks baba, i'll definitely do as advised
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2020
Sukey:

@sharpman,my bad.i wasn’t talking about you lol,Just seeing it now that It was you I replied,what you put in the form is fine.if you read my reply you’ll see that it wasn’t meant for you but treasure prince,you came into the country before me bro

Oh lol. Sorry, i thought you were 'combining' me with that ignorant fellow since you quoted my post.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 30, 2020
disguy1:

All was good, WAS until 2020 when the rule about becoming public charge was introduced.
Of course you can do whatever you wish, fill it up and sign yourself instead of what American law says and enjoy the consequences.
Good luck! grin
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 11:36pm On Jun 30, 2020
sharpman1:

Oh lol. Sorry, i thought you were 'combining' me with that ignorant fellow since you quoted my post.
baba forget that guy jare, I no d even see am, e still never wan get sense

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2020
Hey guys, just an update, my I-145(aos) was updated today and it was approved without any interview.

K-1 Journey ends, Citizenship journey starts.

Goodluck guys!

12 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2020
Drenimarcus:
Hey guys, just an update, my I-145(aos) was updated today and it was approved without any interview.

Goodluck guys!
congrats brother, all the best
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
Drenimarcus:
Goodluck guys!
Congrats!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2020
Drenimarcus:

Goodluck guys!

Congrats!

I believe you meant Form I-485 and not I-145......

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 9:37pm On Jul 01, 2020
Drenimarcus:

Goodluck guys!

woo hoo congratulations man... wink grin cool

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Divinegrace0147: 10:17pm On Jul 01, 2020
I got an update from the Lagos embassy yesterday via k1 ...please how do I start booking my interview and filling DS 160 form......
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 10:26pm On Jul 01, 2020
Divinegrace0147:
I got an update from the Lagos embassy yesterday via k1 ...please how do I start booking my interview and filling DS 160 form......
please what update did you get?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Divinegrace0147: 11:27pm On Jul 01, 2020
Treasureprince1:
please what update did you get?
my k1 visa case was approved since April due to COVID 19 I couldn't get any email from the Lagos embassy ... I yesterday they sent email guidelines for the interview...
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 11:44pm On Jul 01, 2020
Divinegrace0147:
my k1 visa case was approved since April due to COVID 19 I couldn't get any email from the Lagos embassy ... I yesterday they sent email guidelines for the interview...
that should be packet 3, for them to send that means it's a good news for us, it shows there's hope of imminent reopening of the embassy, for your question, kindly visit https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV input your case number and track, if it shows "ready" you can go ahead and fill ds-160 form, you can as well pay your interview fee at any GT bank branch, after that create a profile on ustraveldoc.com and patiently wait for appointment dates to pop up as there's currently no appointment dates available at the moment,

All the best to you

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.