Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (429927 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 4:28pm On Jun 17, 2020
mofedamijo:

Thanks so much, can I use sworn affidavit declaration of age by the Lagos state high court?

Take that to the National Population Commission to get the acceptable Attestation of Birth.

Also,for everyone's notice, I think with the form i-944, you and your partner might need to have a health insurance plan.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mofedamijo(m): 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
dicsnemma:

Take that to the National Population Commission to get the acceptable Attestation of Birth.

Also,for everyone's notice, I think with the form i-944, you and your partner might need to have a health insurance plan.

I have been out of 9ja for years now, will find a way, thank you so much. I am yet to start the process for k1 though.....Still thinking other options.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Okpueee: 3:38am On Jun 19, 2020
Please when will the embassies resume
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmybernard(m): 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
Untill further notice!!!
Okpueee:
Please when will the embassies resume
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by BJ2020: 4:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
Good Day Guys, Please i will need your advice urgently. My K1 visa application was approved few days ago. In the application I included my 4 year old son in the application who is Currently in the US. He came into US with a B1/B2 visa since 2017 together with my EX wife and the visa is expired already. I want to schedule my interview with the embassy soon . I know i need to fill his k2 application form separately together with mine but here is my concern and question.

Do i need to request for his passport to be sent to me for his k2 visa on my interview date? What do i need to do? My son lives with my Ex in the US presently. Please i need your advice or anyone with similar experience can share with me. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by BJ2020: 4:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
Does he need medicals too and does he need to go to Hospital in the US too for his medicals?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 19, 2020
BJ2020:
Good Day Guys, Please i will need your advice urgently. My K1 visa application was approved few days ago. In the application I included my 4 year old son in the application who is Currently in the US. He came into US with a B1/B2 visa since 2017 together with my EX wife and the visa is expired already. I want to schedule my interview with the embassy soon . I know i need to fill his k2 application form separately together with mine but here is my concern and question.

Do i need to request for his passport to be sent to me for his k2 visa on my interview date? What do i need to do? My son lives with my Ex in the US presently. Please i need your advice or anyone with similar experience can share with me. Thanks.
If your son is already in US, don't do any visa for him but don't forget to fill his info in your K1 application. Once you are in US and get the green card, see how to make your son legal, maybe you will need to get his custody and then apply for him. Consult a lawyer but all after you are in US. Don't complicate your K1.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by BJ2020: 10:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
In my K1 application form submitted to USCIS, my son is already included and the USCIS is already aware he's in the US because in the form, it requires the present address of my son and i wrote the address and the number of my Ex in the form which was submitted and the application has been Approved. The next step is scheduling appointment at the embassy and the medicals. I believe since i was approved, my son is also approved automatically. But my problem is i don't know how to go about it. I don't know if i need to fill the DS160 form for my son and select K2 as the category of the visa and also if my son would require medicals, would they suggest an hospital in the US. He is in Dallas Texas.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 3:13am On Jun 20, 2020
BJ2020:
In my K1 application form submitted to USCIS, my son is already included and the USCIS is already aware he's in the US because in the form, it requires the present address of my son and i wrote the address and the number of my Ex in the form which was submitted and the application has been Approved. The next step is scheduling appointment at the embassy and the medicals. I believe since i was approved, my son is also approved automatically. But my problem is i don't know how to go about it. I don't know if i need to fill the DS160 form for my son and select K2 as the category of the visa and also if my son would require medicals, would they suggest an hospital in the US. He is in Dallas Texas.

Will your son attend the interview with you? Clearly the answer is NO so don't fill a DS160 for someone that won't be attending the interview.

All you need to do is to fill your own form and attend the interview alone. Of course, expect serious questions and scrutiny about your son and your ex-spouse from the VO especially since your son is already in the US with his mom on an expired visa.

Make sure you are prepared for any possible question and please ensure whatever answers you give is the truth and nothing but the truth.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by BJ2020: 6:51am On Jun 20, 2020
Thank you so much. I live in Turkey and i am a residence here. I am attending the interview here in Istanbul Turkey.

sharpman1:

Will your son attend the interview with you? Clearly the answer is NO so don't fill a DS160 for someone that won't be attending the interview.

All you need to do is to fill your own form and attend the interview alone. Of course, expect serious questions and scrutiny about your son and your ex-spouse from the VO especially since your son is already in the US with his mom on an expired visa.

Make sure you are prepared for any possible question and please ensure whatever answers you give is the truth and nothing but the truth.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by BJ2020: 7:04am On Jun 20, 2020
Any more information and enlightenment can be sent to my email. jbvoice200@yahoo.com
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by BJ2020: 7:12am On Jun 20, 2020
In the DS 160 form, do i need to fill my son's details on it as accompany or its not needed ?since he is already in the US
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 6:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
BJ2020:
In the DS 160 form, do i need to fill my son's details on it as accompany or its not needed ?since he is already in the US

Your son is not traveling with you so in the question asking if any other person is traveling with you, the answer is NO.

There are other parts of the form that asks if you have any child, the answer is YES. and then you fill in details of the child.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by BJ2020: 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2020
Okay, Noted. Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 7:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
Hello everyone, so I received my NOA1 for my Work authorization and Application to register permanent residence separately on the 11th of June,though the notice says 11th, I received it by mailed last week. Another amazing news is that despite not being able to get my Socials at the administration office and applying for it via my work authorization form, i got my socials security card by mail on Friday last week, it has the same date with my NOA's 1. I actually was not expecting the card so soon, but thank for everything, most especially for a beautiful home he has blessed me with. Here is wishing everyone the very best and success in all our endeavors.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dutchleez(m): 9:04pm On Jun 22, 2020
dicsnemma:
Hello everyone, so I received my NOA1 for my Work authorization and Application to register permanent residence separately on the 11th of June,though the notice says 11th, I received it by mailed last week. Another amazing news is that despite not being able to get my Socials at the administration office and applying for it via my work authorization form, i got my socials security card by mail on Friday last week, it has the same date with my NOA's 1. I actually was not expecting the card so soon, but thank for everything, most especially for a beautiful home he has blessed me with. Here is wishing everyone the very best and success in all our endeavors.

Congratulations on your recent progress.

I applied for my SSN through administration office in February and still hasn’t come through. I was told it has to be verified manually.

Had to reapply through EAD application and hopefully it comes in soon.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 10:12pm On Jun 22, 2020
Dutchleez:

Congratulations on your recent progress.

I applied for my SSN through administration office in February and still hasn’t come through. I was told it has to be verified manually.

Had to reapply through EAD application and hopefully it comes in soon.

Thank you. I wasn't able to get mine through the administration office either because according to them, I waited for over 2 months. I applied through EAD and surprisingly got it by mailed a week later. I am positive you will receive yours soon.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 12:53am On Jun 23, 2020
dicsnemma:

Great. Thank God for the progress. Hopefully you should get your EAD in a few months. Stay safe.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Laboutique: 12:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
Laboutique:
https:///KWZMBuLEDeb8UHXKuQjqB8

I am on the group too. Just incase anyone here is interested. The target is 150passengers

Hello everyone, so I joined the chartered flight to US ,left Nigeria on Monday 15th juneand landed in Washington Dulles on Tuesday 16th june 12:18pm. Thank God because my visa was to expire July 7th. I had a connecting flight from Washington Dulles to my state.

The immigration part was easy but I was tensed. The first immigration officer asked me a trick question ,he said "oh you are here to be with your husband " then I replied "no, my fiance we are engaged " politely.
Second question" when is the marriage" my answer was "sometime end of july" he also asked where my final destination is and I told him. then he requested for the documents took a picture of me while my passport has been with him all the while,another officer took the documents.stamped my passport. Then said welcome and I can go get my bags.

Thank God for this first phase of the journey. On to the next. ��

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Divinegrace0147: 12:23pm On Jun 23, 2020
UPDATE JUNE 17th:
Routine visas services have been suspended at U.S. posts worldwide, but as resources allow, embassies and consulates will continue to provide emergency and mission critical visa services. Mission-critical immigrant visa categories may include applicants who may be eligible for an exception under this presidential proclamation, such as: IR/CR1, IR/CR2, IR/IH-3, IR/IH-4, SQ, SI, and certain employment-based medical professionals, as well as cases involving an applicant who may age out. While embassies and consulates may process these types of cases, their ability to do so may be limited by local government restrictions and available resources. In addition, an applicant’s ability to travel may be impacted by local laws, regulations, and travel restrictions

So it seems visa services will resume for these visa categories. US Embassy in Jamaica has already confirmed they will be scheduling interviews for IR1/IR2 and CR1/CR2 beginning next week. Source is their official Facebook page.

sources: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/Proclamation-Suspending-Entry-of-Immigrants-Who-Present-Risk-to-the-US-labor-market.html

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Divinegrace0147: 6:24pm On Jun 23, 2020
This is who's blocked from coming to the US under Trump's latest ban

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/22/politics/trump-visa-restrictions-explainer/index.html
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 7:38pm On Jun 23, 2020
Laboutique:

Hello everyone, so I joined the chartered flight to US ,left Nigeria on Monday 15th juneand landed in Washington Dulles on Tuesday 16th june 12:18pm. Thank God because my visa was to expire July 7th. I had a connecting flight from Washington Dulles to my state.

The immigration part was easy but I was tensed. The first immigration officer asked me a trick question ,he said "oh you are here to be with your husband " then I replied "no, my fiance we are engaged " politely.
Second question" when is the marriage" my answer was "sometime end of july" he also asked where my final destination is and I told him. then he requested for the documents took a picture of me while my passport has been with him all the while,another officer took the documents.stamped my passport. Then said welcome and I can go get my bags.

I'm so happy for you, all the best

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2020
Thanks man.

sharpman1:

Great. Thank God for the progress. Hopefully you should get your EAD in a few months. Stay safe.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2020
Welcome to the states.

Laboutique:

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 8:26pm On Jun 24, 2020
dicsnemma:
Hello everyone,

I hope you all are doing fine wherever you are? There hasn't been much of an update owing to this COVID-19.

However, today i want to update you all on my AOS progress. Unfortunately, I and my fiancee couldn't get married until couple of days ago,even though I have been in the US since the 20th of March. This is because she has been away on deployment all this while. Two weeks after I got here, I tried applying for my Socials, but wasn't able to, as their office was closed due to the pandemic.

We eventually were able to fix an appointment a day after my wedding to get my socials and have my wife change her name. My wife's change of name was successful, but I wasn't able to get my socials because according to the officer, there was a mismatch on my immigration status as it changed from "K-1" to "Temporary Employment/Non-Immigrant Temporary Employment Authorized". So please, for those coming to the states soon, do not wait for too long before applying for your socials, else you will have to apply through the form i-765 like i did.

I just shipped off my application to USCIS recently and keeping my fingers crossed for a positive response. Make sure to bring all your school qualifications that you have for the new form i-944. That form is a bit sensitive and complex. More updates will be given as time goes by.

Cheers..

hi discenma please is the social security office opened now?am in the midwest got married march 11th few days before the govt offices was shut down due to the pandemic going on SS office inclusive,my wedding license came 3days after their office hence i couldnt register/get SSN,called their ciustomer service but she said cos am new and this is first time that i have to come to their office for finger prints and fill necessary but they hve close that ve to wait till their opened (this was in march),which state are you and how were u able to fix appointment for your socials?pls kindly shed more light on it /i765 form,then your k1 status changing to temporary employment/non immigrant temp employ authorized got my confused..would await your response,lastly did you evaluate your degree from nigeria,i mean was ur transcript included amongs the document to USCIS for AOS?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by armyofone(m): 9:01pm On Jun 24, 2020
Okay sorry to jump in here but does anyone have any idea where to get police record and marriage affidavit for my mom in Nigeria?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 11:38pm On Jun 24, 2020
brownesugar:

hi discenma please is the social security office opened now?am in the midwest got married march 11th few days before the govt offices was shut down due to the pandemic going on SS office inclusive,my wedding license came 3days after their office hence i couldnt register/get SSN,called their ciustomer service but she said cos am new and this is first time that i have to come to their office for finger prints and fill necessary but they hve close that ve to wait till their opened (this was in march),which state are you and how were u able to fix appointment for your socials?pls kindly shed more light on it /i765 form,then your k1 status changing to temporary employment/non immigrant temp employ authorized got my confused..would await your response,lastly did you evaluate your degree from nigeria,i mean was ur transcript included amongs the document to USCIS for AOS?

Hey brownesugar,

Yes, the social security office is opened now,but by APPOINTMENT ONLY I think, go to the nearest social security office near you, if you don't intend applying for it through your form i765. We called the local office customer care number here in Virginia and was able to fix an appointment for the next day. Now the thing is, I arrived here March 20th, but could not apply for my Socials until after over 2months owing to the pandemic. By the time I was able to book an appointment, according to USCIS represantative, my status automatically changed from k-1 to work authorization because i was approaching the due date of my legal stay in the US. While filling the form i765, there is a section where you can apply for your socials,if you do not have or haven't applied yet, so that was what I did and luckily, I got my socials a week after submitting my documents to USCIS lockbox.

Lastly, I did not evaluate my result from Nigeria and did not submit my transcript. I only submitted a copy of my original school certificates; Secondary school and University. I submitted these because of the form i944 that i filled, which is the new form that was introduced. Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 1:05am On Jun 25, 2020
dicsnemma:

Hey brownesugar,

Yes, the social security office is opened now,but by APPOINTMENT ONLY I think, go to the nearest social security office near you, if you don't intend applying for it through your form i765. We called the local office customer care number here in Virginia and was able to fix an appointment for the next day. Now the thing is, I arrived here March 20th, but could not apply for my Socials until after over 2months owing to the pandemic. By the time I was able to book an appointment, according to USCIS represantative, my status automatically changed from k-1 to work authorization because i was approaching the due date of my legal stay in the US. While filling the form i765, there is a section where you can apply for your socials,if you do not have or haven't applied yet, so that was what I did and luckily, I got my socials a week after submitting my documents to USCIS lockbox.

Lastly, I did not evaluate my result from Nigeria and did not submit my transcript. I only submitted a copy of my original school certificates; Secondary school and University. I submitted these because of the form i944 that i filled, which is the new form that was introduced. Cheers.

Thank you discnemma infact when i saw your post i put a call through to them here in indiana,cos i arrived here feb 10th and got married march 11th got to their office 16th but was told their office is still closed for in person then even today that i call same thing was said as above that they opening sept/oct was so disappointed cos am limited to so many things without ssn.. dont know if its okay to apply from i765?
For the transcript, holy christ!one of my transcript has not gotten to WES from nigeria hence didnt send my package to USCIS cos of it&this covid-19 buhaha in lagos.. so it was attended to with transcript thats great news ..lld just go ahead and send it with copies of my certificates here with me.. thank you so so much for this information.. pls can u give explicit link/step u took to book appointment with them cos my fear now is k1 visa expired june 4 #worried..pls kindly leave me your email addy would like to connect as i still hve questions i like to ask ..thank you

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 3:38am On Jun 25, 2020
brownesugar:

Thank you discnemma infact when i saw your post i put a call through to them here in indiana,cos i arrived here feb 10th and got married march 11th got to their office 16th but was told their office is still closed for in person then even today that i call same thing was said as above that they opening sept/oct was so disappointed cos am limited to so many things without ssn.. dont know if its okay to apply from i765?
For the transcript, holy christ!one of my transcript has not gotten to WES from nigeria hence didnt send my package to USCIS cos of it&this covid-19 buhaha in lagos.. so it was attended to with transcript thats great news ..lld just go ahead and send it with copies of my certificates here with me.. thank you so so much for this information.. pls can u give explicit link/step u took to book appointment with them cos my fear now is k1 visa expired june 4 #worried..pls kindly leave me your email addy would like to connect as i still hve questions i like to ask ..thank you

You are most welcome, I think different states has their different strategies towards handling things owing to the pandemic. But my wife call Socials Security directly, they provided us with the number for our Province. But you can check the Local office and see if a number was actually pasted on their door. I will however suggest you apply for your SSN through the i-765. you can reach me via email using my handle here @gmail.com.
Regards.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 3:51am On Jun 25, 2020
dicsnemma:

You are most welcome, I think different states has their different strategies towards handling things owing to the pandemic. But my wife call Socials Security directly, they provided us with the number for our Province. But you can check the Local office and see if a number was actually pasted on their door. I will however suggest you apply for your SSN through the i-765. you can reach me via email using my handle here @gmail.com.
Regards.

thanks for the swift response dicsnemma i called their num and was provided our province number too but the lady@our province said they opening sometime in september i think best option lld be through i-765 as you suggested but did u say u sent in your original results i mean to uscis?was it sent back to you after citing&co? thank you

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 5:06pm On Jun 25, 2020
brownesugar:

thanks for the swift response dicsnemma i called their num and was provided our province number too but the lady@our province said they opening sometime in september i think best option lld be through i-765 as you suggested but did u say u sent in your original results i mean to uscis?was it sent back to you after citing&co? thank you

I sent photocopies. They don't normally request for an original copy of any of your documents.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2020
dicsnemma:

I sent photocopies. They don't normally request for an original copy of any of your documents.

Regards.

Okay thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.