Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (429965 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Janet200: 3:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
For the female folks, do I have to change my name to my husbands surname before filing for green card, I recently got married. If yes how do I do it in the United States.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 3:38pm On Apr 13, 2020
Janet200:
For the female folks, do I have to change my name to my husbands surname before filing for green card, I recently got married. If yes how do I do it in the United States.

@janet200 some people dont in this county&some do but for me in order not to raise the immi eye brows better one does change of name (my opinion tho) to change your name pls go to the county clerk where you guys registered for the court wedding before going to pick a available date,they will direct on how to do it/documents that lld be needed ,but u can start the process once the court has sent your marriage license back to you guys usually 5/7 business working days cos the document lld be needed.
You would still need to wait till after this covid-19 saga before you can do all stated above as all offices are closed right now.. cheers..#staysafe
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Janet200: 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2020
brownesugar:

@janet200 Go to the county clerk where you guys registered for the court wedding before going to pick a available date,they will direct on how to do it/documents that lld be needed ,but u can start the process once the court has sent your marriage license back to you guys usually 5/7 business working days cos the document is needed too.
You would still need to wait till after this covid-19 before you can do all stated above as all offices are closed

Thanks for the reply, we had our wedding in the church, but we both got the marriage license from the court and hand it over to the priest before the wedding day. We got the original marriage license after the wedding from court. I guess we will have to visit the court when this pandemic is over. Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 3:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
Janet200:

Thanks for the reply, we had our wedding in the church, but we both got the marriage license from the court and hand it over to the priest before the wedding day. We got the original marriage license after the wedding from court. I guess we will have to visit the court when this pandemic is over. Thanks

You are welcome babes,yes visit the county clerk who register weddings&co ..they ll direct you/documents to bring... cheers
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 4:23pm On Apr 14, 2020
Good morning house,is there anybody here that has not been able to do their biometrics as to adjusting status,I was given the 1st of April to come to the acs support center but I missed it cos I traveled and I didnt check my mail until yesterday,I signed up for an email notification but I wasn’t notified,@legitbachelor,@sharpman,@select500.does this mean that my case will be considered abandoned cos that’s what’s on the notification
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by seyimuyide(m): 6:13pm On Apr 14, 2020
For spouse Visa, like k3 or cr1 , do I need to pay for Visa fee before going to interview?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 1:13am On Apr 15, 2020
Sukey:
Good morning house,is there anybody here that has not been able to do their biometrics as to adjusting status,I was given the 1st of April to come to the acs support center but I missed it cos I traveled and I didnt check my mail until yesterday,I signed up for an email notification but I wasn’t notified,@legitbachelor,@sharpman,@select500.does this mean that my case will be considered abandoned cos that’s what’s on the notification

Nope. You’re good. USCIS suspended all In-Person Services at all local offices effective March 18.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-covid-19

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/735338-uscis-is-extending-the-suspension-of-in-person-services-at-all-local-offices-from-april-7th-to-may-3rd-due-to-covid-19/

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 8:59am On Apr 21, 2020
disguy1:

Nope. You’re good. USCIS suspended all In-Person Services at all local offices effective March 18.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-covid-19

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/735338-uscis-is-extending-the-suspension-of-in-person-services-at-all-local-offices-from-april-7th-to-may-3rd-due-to-covid-19/
How do I check my case status.. got a notification it's bn sent from NVC.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by slashthroat: 2:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
iContribute:
https://www.nairaland.com/2470933/cancelled-usa-b1-b2-visa#36171933

https://www.nairaland.com/5805727/cancelled-usa-b1-b2-visa#88658899

Thread needs your assistance.

Thank you

There we go again. Haba you spamming everywhere with this

Cc justwise
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by slashthroat: 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
iContribute:

Can you just please mind your business. Does this look like i mean any harm?
Kindly keep going

You are sounding desperate and spamming everywhere with the links.

You have already opened a thread why dont you follow the comments on there. If you continue with the desperation you will be denied at the embassy again.

If i can sense that desperation, imagine what the COs will sense.
So relax!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 8:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
emmarino:
How do I check my case status.. got a notification it's bn sent from NVC.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

You will need your case number. Should be in the notification letter from NVC and in this format: LGS**********

Congrats and good luck.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 11:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
disguy1:

You will need your case number. Should be in the notification letter from NVC and in this format: LGS**********

Congrats and good luck.
Tnx bro... Yes, I have the case number
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Vinciotega(m): 5:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
I just heard some news about trump planning to suspend the immigration service in the us, using the pandemic as an excuse ?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 12:57am On Apr 23, 2020
Vinciotega:
I just heard some news about trump planning to suspend the immigration service in the us, using the pandemic as an excuse ?

it doesnt affect K1 since it is non-immigrant and people who have their visa in handy can still come in, same with those who are in the US(they can aos fine).
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 1:02am On Apr 23, 2020
as seen from vj

Who does this affect?

Immigrants applying for a green card from an embassy abroad for the following immigrant categories:
DV
All EB except EB-5 and EB2 (NIW only)
F1, F2A, F2B, F3, F4
What does this NOT affect?

Nonimmigrant visas of any kind (F-1, J-1, B, etc)
Nonimmigrant work visas (H, TN, etc)
Who does this NOT affect?

Anyone who's in the US at the date of the order, i.e. including existing Adjustment of Status applicants
Anyone who already has a valid immigrant visa
Anyone entering to work in healthcare/medical research, and their spouse/children
EB-5 and EB2 (NIW only)
Spouse and minor (under 21) child of USC
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 2:15am On Apr 23, 2020
Vinciotega:

The Executive Order:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspending-entry-immigrants-present-risk-u-s-labor-market-economic-recovery-following-covid-19-outbreak/
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 10:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
disguy1:

Congrats and good luck.
Please should I check under immigrant visa or nonimmigrant visa?.. and if I can fill ds 160 with my phone or must be a computer?. I am really confuse now cuz I checked under immigrant visa and saw ready. Wondering since k1 is nonimmigrant visa. Another thing is that we got the letter from NVC just 17th this month saying they will forward petition to consulate embassy which may take several weeks. Idk
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 2:10am On Apr 24, 2020
emmarino:

Please should I check under immigrant visa or nonimmigrant visa?.. and if I can fill ds 160 with my phone or must be a computer?. I am really confuse now cuz I checked under immigrant visa and saw ready. Wondering since k1 is nonimmigrant visa. Another thing is that we got the letter from NVC just 17th this month saying they will forward petition to consulate embassy which may take several weeks. Idk

1. Check under immigrant.
2. If it says ready, that means you can go ahead and schedule an interview.
3. You can fill the DS on your phone or PC. Which ever is convenient for you. I used a PC, it’s a matter of preference.
4. Yes, K1 is non immigrant but processed as immigrant at the consulate. Don’t let that bother you. You’re good to go.
5. Don’t worry about the several weeks, you can go ahead and schedule your interview. Not sure about available dates tho cos of this COVID-19 wahala.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 6:39am On Apr 24, 2020
disguy1:

1. Check under immigrant.
2. If it says ready, that means you can go ahead and schedule an interview.
3. You can fill the DS on your phone or PC. Which ever is convenient for you. I used a PC, it’s a matter of preference.
4. Yes, K1 is non immigrant but processed as immigrant at the consulate. Don’t let that bother you. You’re good to go.
5. Don’t worry about the several weeks, you can go ahead and schedule your interview. Not sure about available dates tho cos of this COVID-19 wahala.

Tnx much bro
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 9:10am On Apr 24, 2020
emmarino:

Tnx much bro
Emmarino my guy, I'm glad you're progressing, hopefully this corona beast will go away soon, all of us including Sandraigho, Torino, me, you and others that just joined will smile soon.

5 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by otomori(m): 6:13pm On Apr 24, 2020
Treasureprince1:
Emmarino my guy, I'm glad you're progressing, hopefully this corona beast will go away soon, all of us including Sandraigho, Torino, me, you and others that just joined will smile soon.
Coro is delaying us but surely soonest we will all jet out.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by walejummy: 6:33pm On Apr 24, 2020
House please how do I go about putting up an invitation letter for a fiance coming to visit soon, is there any documents to be submitted or requested from immigration office. Am asking on behave of a brother
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Paccus: 6:47pm On Apr 24, 2020
walejummy:
House please how do I go about putting up an invitation letter for a fiance coming to visit soon, is there any documents to be submitted or requested from immigration office. Am asking on behave of a brother
do you have a passport??
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 6:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
otomori:

Coro is delaying us but surely soonest we will all jet out.
amen ooooo!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 6:59pm On Apr 24, 2020
walejummy:
an invite letter is okay, they asked my fiancee for a scanned copy of my passport data page though. She used the Naija embassy at Washington DC
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by walejummy: 6:50am On Apr 25, 2020
Paccus:
do you have a passport??
yes, they both have an international passport. I think it will be need in the letter contents? An need to seek office like immigration or internal affairs for attention?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by walejummy: 6:52am On Apr 25, 2020
Treasureprince1:
an invite letter is okay, they asked my fiancee for a scanned copy of my passport data page though. She used the Naija embassy at Washington DC
OK you mean just an ordinary invitation write up letter right?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Paccus: 7:50am On Apr 25, 2020
walejummy:
yes, they both have an international passport. I think it will be need in the letter contents? An need to seek office like immigration or internal affairs for attention?
Just write an ordinary letter of invitation and attach your passport
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 7:57am On Apr 25, 2020
walejummy:
wait o, are you asking for yourself or someone else??

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

Viewing this topic: Maiwada1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.