Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (428756 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nayee: 2:03pm On Mar 22, 2019
Hi Guys, Thanks for keeping this room lively. Just had my interview and it was approved. Below are the questions I was asked.

1. Who Applied for you?
2. What is her name?
3. What does she do?
4. How and where did you meet?
5. How many times have you seen in Person?
6. where does she live (she needs City & State)?
7. What plans do you have for marriage?
8. Tell me about your engagement
9. Tell me about her life in the states.

Regards!

5 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 3:08pm On Mar 22, 2019
nayee:
Hi Guys, Thanks for keeping this room lively. Just had my interview and it was approved. Below are the questions I was asked.

1. Who Applied for you?
2. What is her name?
3. What does she do?

Regards!

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 3:09pm On Mar 22, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Guys, I'm now in the States cheesy

I entered the States (Dallas Fort Worth) with a one way flight. Was anticipating having issues with the airlines and was ready for them. Was ready to lecture them on what K1 Visa means, lol. But I didn't have any issues at all.

I made sure my medical envelope was in my backpack. When we arrived, I was directed straight to the CBP guys who took the envelope and tore it right in my very eyes. I was directed to a room to wait. I met like 5 guys there. After a while, it was my turn and they gave me back my passport along with a yellow form (I think it's for agric quarantine) and took me straight to the luggage section where I'm to claim my luggage. Was told to go straight to the agric section once I get my luggage.

Luckily my luggage was not searched. Was only asked if I came with fresh seeds which I said no. I only had processed food which have been partly cooked and/or grounded. So they just passed my luggage through an X-ray machine and let me go.

And that was it! My finacee was waiting for me on the other end. It was so emotional for me.

Thanks guys for the active participation. I promise to still keep in touch. This visa journey is a continuous one. Will always keep you all updated. I enjoin us to do the same too.

Regards.

Congrats man. Wish you all the best. I sent you a pm, kindly reply.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by saintrise: 5:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
Bro. So happy for u sir. I tot it was California. My fiancee can't wait oh. Nice progress. Keep us updated sir.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Worriedgurl: 7:12pm On Mar 22, 2019
nayee:

1. Who Applied for you?
2. What is her name?
3. What does she do?

Regards!

were you the guy that got interviewed before everyone else?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Worriedgurl: 7:17pm On Mar 22, 2019
LegitBachelor:

I entered the States (Dallas Fort Worth) with a one way flight. Was anticipating having issues with the airlines and was ready for them. Was ready to lecture them on what K1 Visa means, lol. But I didn't have any issues at all.

I made sure my medical envelope was in my backpack. When we arrived, I was directed straight to the CBP guys who took the envelope and tore it right in my very eyes. I was directed to a room to wait. I met like 5 guys there. After a while, it was my turn and they gave me back my passport along with a yellow form (I think it's for agric quarantine) and took me straight to the luggage section where I'm to claim my luggage. Was told to go straight to the agric section once I get my luggage.

Luckily my luggage was not searched. Was only asked if I came with fresh seeds which I said no. I only had processed food which have been partly cooked and/or grounded. So they just passed my luggage through an X-ray machine and let me go.

And that was it! My finacee was waiting for me on the other end. It was so emotional for me.

Thanks guys for the active participation. I promise to still keep in touch. This visa journey is a continuous one. Will always keep you all updated. I enjoin us to do the same too.

Regards.

Which sealed medical result did you travel with? I thought that is to be handed over to them at interview.
Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 8:01pm On Mar 22, 2019
Worriedgurl:

Which sealed medical result did you travel with? I thought that is to be handed over to them at interview.
Congratulations!!!
Yes it was handed over to the embassy during the visa interview. However when you go to pick up your visa, you'll also be given a sealed brown envelope. I believe the sealed brown envelope contains the medicals you submitted along with other stuff like the police report and so on. That brown envelope is to accompany you during your flight to the States. The envelope should not be in your luggage but should be in your backpack because you'll have to turn it in.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 10:16pm On Mar 22, 2019
nayee:

1. Who Applied for you?
2. What is her name?
3. What does she do?

Regards!

Congrats to you!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 10:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
LegitBachelor:

Regards.

Nice one there! Welcome to the States!

Just sent you an email.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 7:19am On Mar 23, 2019
sharpman1:

Yay. Congratulations. May God grant you great favor and success as you begin this new journey....

Amen! Congrats bro @ Legit you shall find favour in your new home.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 7:38am On Mar 23, 2019
nayee:

1. Who Applied for you?
2. What is her name?
3. What does she do?

Regards!

@ nayee congrats bro.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 8:26pm On Mar 23, 2019
nayee:

1. Who Applied for you?
2. What is her name?
3. What does she do?

Regards!

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 4:54am On Mar 24, 2019
@ tobbylhoba I have replied you through my gmail sis.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 3:15am On Mar 25, 2019
LegitBachelor:

Regards.

Congratulations.

Welcome to the AOS stage.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Goddys(m): 8:12am On Mar 25, 2019
saintrise:
Bro. So happy for u sir. I tot it was California. My fiancee can't wait oh. Nice progress. Keep us updated sir.

Please how do you guys hook up and meet a foreign lady for a relationship?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Goddys(m): 8:15am On Mar 25, 2019
LegitBachelor:

Regards.
Bro, how did you meet your fiancee. I want to embark on getting a US citizen lady for a serious relationship.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by lasthero: 10:47am On Mar 25, 2019
Goddys:

Bro, how did you meet your fiancee. I want to embark on getting a US citizen lady for a serious relationship.

1. By referrer. If you have a Yankee based friend or family, they can help you with link ups.

2. By dating sites. You can check dating platforms.

3. By luck.

But trust me, stick with your 9ja babe if she is good. You never can tell what God has In stock for both of you grin

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Goddys(m): 10:59am On Mar 25, 2019
lasthero:

1. By referrer. If you have a Yankee based friend or family, they can help you with link ups.

2. By dating sites. You can check dating platforms.

3. By luck.

But trust me, stick with your 9ja babe if she is good. You never can tell what God has In stock for both of you grin

Please is the daring site hookup still working?

Naija babes? What God has in store? I'd rather take my chances in US if I could
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sisiorente: 12:46pm On Mar 25, 2019
LegitBachelor:

Regards.

Congratulations my brother. To God be all the glory. Please dont forget to invite us to the Wedding.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sisiorente: 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2019
nayee:

1. Who Applied for you?
2. What is her name?
3. What does she do?

Regards!

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by lasthero: 1:12pm On Mar 25, 2019
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by bojar(m): 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2019
Hello guys,

I have a little challenge.
I noticed that my appointment confirmation page doesn’t have the DS-160 barcode, of which I already sent a mail to Support@ustraveldocs.com & gotten correspondence and have supplied the extra information they required to update it.

It’s been 5 hours since I replied the mail and I’m worried because my interview is in 2days

Should I send another mail to “Support-Nigeria@ustraveldocs.com” instead ?

I will appreciate any response
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Worriedgurl: 5:05pm On Mar 25, 2019
bojar:
Hello guys,

I have a little challenge.
I noticed that my appointment confirmation page doesn’t have the DS-160 barcode, of which I already sent a mail to Support@ustraveldocs.com & gotten correspondence and have supplied the extra information they required to update it.

It’s been 5 hours since I replied the mail and I’m worried because my interview is in 2days

Should I send another mail to “Support-Nigeria@ustraveldocs.com” instead ?

I will appreciate any response

Your appointment confirmation letter doesn't need to have DS160 confirmation barcode on it. You're good to go!! Just ensure that your DS160 confirmation page print out has the barcode on it.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by bojar(m): 5:30pm On Mar 25, 2019
Worriedgurl:

Your appointment confirmation letter doesn't need to have DS160 confirmation barcode on it. You're good to go!! Just ensure that your DS160 confirmation page print out has the barcode on it.

Thanks a bunch for your prompt response... I’m relieved.

They actually got back to me with the updated print bearing the DS 160 barcode.. even though it might not have really mattered..

Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:29pm On Mar 25, 2019
Worriedgurl:

Its always good to ensure that the DS160 barcode is on the appointment printout and that number should match with what is on the DS160 printout.

It might not be a critical issue to the main embassy guys but those overzealous Nigerian guys working with cgi might turn you back.

cc: @bojar

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:31pm On Mar 25, 2019
bojar:

Thanks a bunch for your prompt response... I’m relieved.

They actually got back to me with the updated print bearing the DS 160 barcode.. even though it might not have really mattered..

Thanks
Its good that you rectified it. You might get turned back if you meet an overzealous contract staff working with the embassy.

Correcting it is very easy. Just a simple mail will do. So why risk it.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by bojar(m): 9:00pm On Mar 25, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Its good that you rectified it. You might get turned back if you meet an overzealous contract staff working with the embassy.

Correcting it is very easy. Just a simple mail will do. So why risk it.

You’re right bro... Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 11:32pm On Mar 25, 2019
Hey guys, getting ready to start preparing things down. I went to pixel studios today for my medical photographs, please is the photographs needed for the medicals bigger than the us standard size passport? Medicals photographs are 4x3. Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 12:52am On Mar 26, 2019
Drenimarcus:
Hey guys, getting ready to start preparing things down. I went to pixel studios today for my medical photographs, please is the photographs needed for the medicals bigger than the us standard size passport? Medicals photographs are 4x3. Thanks
No Its very small. Even smaller than a regular passport. 4x3 is actually 1.18x1.57 inches which is smaller than 2x2 which is 2x2 inches.

You can check out this link: https://www.idphoto4you.com/?Target=SamplePage_Common
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 6:57am On Mar 26, 2019
Morning everyone. How is it going with us. To those that have their visa congrats and may God continue to show His worthiness in our lived and to those that are yet to get theirs God will grant and show His favour to all of us too.

So I went for my medical yesterday, though was stressful but I enjoyed my stay at Q life. All staff were so nice to us including the receptionist people are complaining about. (Well maybe because I went with my twins babies). It was done first come first staff.

Attached is all needed to know and have before you can be attended to. This is for those that have not done their and willing to use Q life.

Left my house around 5:30am and we got their around 8:30am being Monday and the traffic was terrible.
We waited for our turn and we finished around 2:00pm.
**please make sure your passport photo is the same size stated in this attached or you will be turned back to get another one outside their premises which will cost you 1k for 8 copied.

Before we leave, we were given an immunization card where the shot we collected was written and the subsequent if any at the nursing station where your immunization was given.

All good.

Best wishes to me and all of us.

@ Legit hope you are settling well. May God be with you.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 7:03am On Mar 26, 2019
Drenimarcus:

@Drenimarcus, I will advise you do that at their clinic if you are using Q life that what I did yesterday. They didn't accept the ones I showed them.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 8:02am On Mar 26, 2019
abekeade1:

@Drenimarcus, I will advise you do that at their clinic if you are using Q life that what I did yesterday. They didn't accept the ones I showed them.

I can take passport photographs there? Sounds great, thank you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.