Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (428731 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 8:05am On Mar 26, 2019
LegitBachelor:
No Its very small. Even smaller than a regular passport. 4x3 is actually 1.18x1.57 inches which is smaller than 2x2 which is 2x2 inches.

You can check out this link: https://www.idphoto4you.com/?Target=SamplePage_Common

Thanks bro, I just wasted money at pixel. How is it going over there
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 4:32pm On Mar 26, 2019
Drenimarcus:

I can take passport photographs there? Sounds great, thank you!

Yes you can the receptionist will even direct you to a guy at the front gate. Is 1k for 8 copies.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 4:59pm On Mar 26, 2019
abekeade1:

Yes you can the receptionist will even direct you to a guy at the front gate. Is 1k for 8 copies.

Thank you so much. I just wasted 3k for 6 copies at pixel and it wasn’t even the size needed. Thanks ��
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 10:10pm On Mar 26, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Thank you so much. I just wasted 3k for 6 copies at pixel and it wasn’t even the size needed. Thanks ��

Ah! Pele it happens to me too. I paid 3k for those rejected too.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 10:25pm On Mar 26, 2019
abekeade1:

Ah! Pele it happens to me too. I paid 3k for those rejected too.

Thank you. Hope you had a good day? Wish you good luck!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 12:56am On Mar 27, 2019
There is an immigration thread created by a US Embassy Visa Officer: https://www.nairaland.com/5073021/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s

I recommend we also post our K1 Visa questions there too. Lets however note that the only questions relating to the US Embassy can be attended to by the VO.

Regards.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 1:04am On Mar 27, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Thanks bro, I just wasted money at pixel. How is it going over there
We are managing bro. Wish I could start working asap...but it's a gradual process.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 1:41am On Mar 27, 2019
[quote author=LegitBachelor post=77019179]We are managing bro. Wish I could start working asap...but it's a gradual process.[/quote

It is well bro, Wish you good luck in all you do.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 11:48am On Mar 27, 2019
Hi all, there is a new affidavit of support form out now. Link https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-134.pdf?download=1

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by A3AP10: 11:09pm On Mar 27, 2019
@LegitBachelor

I was approved on 26th, do I have to create account online to pick up my passport or just go to the circled courier service address on that paper to pick it up?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 11:54pm On Mar 27, 2019
A3AP10:
@LegitBachelor

I was approved on 26th, do I have to create account online to pick up my passport or just go to the circled courier service address on that paper to pick it up?

You create an account at ustraveldocs to track your passport. Congrats. Mind telling us the questions asked? Congrats once again.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 1:01am On Mar 28, 2019
A3AP10:
@LegitBachelor

Did you not create an account with ustraveldocs before going for the interview? If you did then there is no need to create another account. Just go to the address on that paper (DHL Office) and pick up your passport. Congrats.

Please give us updates on your progress.

Regards.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by bojar(m): 1:19am On Mar 28, 2019
I was approved today.

Questions asked

When did you first meet your fiancée ?
How did you meet her ?
How many times has she visited ?
What does she do in the U.S ?
Have you been married or had kids before ?

The CO was friendly, she asked for any recent pictures, Which she glanced through just a few of them..
The interview was seamless and took just about 3mins..

6 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 3:56am On Mar 28, 2019
bojar:
I was approved today.

Questions asked

How did you meet her ?

The CO was friendly, she asked for any recent pictures, Which she glanced through just a few of them..

Congrats bro.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 3:57am On Mar 28, 2019
A3AP10:
@LegitBachelor

Congrats bro
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by A3AP10: 5:53am On Mar 28, 2019
abekeade1:

Congrats bro

Thanks bro, this Vo these days they are friendly and I am sure they want to give out this visas, my interview was about 2 mins.

Now am worried... Attached is what am always getting when trying to register with ustraveldocs, do I need to go the DHL address in person to do that cause am unable to create account online, pls advice sire.

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 7:37am On Mar 28, 2019
bojar:
I was approved today.

Questions asked

How did you meet her ?

Congratulations �
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 9:19am On Mar 28, 2019
A3AP10:

Thanks bro, this Vo these days they are friendly and I am sure they want to give out this visas, my interview was about 2 mins.

Now am worried... Attached is what am always getting when trying to register with ustraveldocs, do I need to go the DHL address in person to do that cause am unable to create account online, pls advice sire.
I'm really confused with your question.

Normally, an account is created with ustraveldocs BEFORE you go for your interview NOT AFTER.

What kind of visa was issued? K1 (Fiance Visa) or IR1/CR1 (Spousal Visa) or F (Family Visa)? I suspect the later.

Well since you are done with the interview, I don't think you need to create a new account with ustraveldocs. Just go and pick up your passport.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by A3AP10: 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2019
LegitBachelor:
I'm really confused with your question.

Normally, an account is created with ustraveldocs BEFORE you go for your interview NOT AFTER.

What kind of visa was issued? K1 (Fiance Visa) or IR1/CR1 (Spousal Visa) or F (Family Visa)? I suspect the later.

Well since you are done with the interview, I don't think you need to create a new account with ustraveldocs. Just go and pick up your passport.

Sorry for the confusion bro, visa category = IR1/CR1 (Spousal Visa)

Well I am able to create account with the help of YouTube I am able fix it... thanks for your support.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sisiorente: 2:46pm On Mar 28, 2019
bojar:
I was approved today.

Questions asked

How did you meet her ?

Congratulations
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:58pm On Mar 28, 2019
A3AP10:

Sorry for the confusion bro, visa category = IR1/CR1 (Spousal Visa)

Well I am able to create account with the help of YouTube I am able fix it... thanks for your support.
Oh Ok. That explains it.

Well this thread is for K1 Visa only. I'm glad you've resolved it though.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 3:10pm On Mar 28, 2019
[quote author=bojar post=77049063]I was approved today.

Questions asked

How did you meet her ?

Congrats to you bojar!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2019
A3AP10:
@LegitBachelor

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 2:38pm On Mar 30, 2019
Congratulations to the new approvals in the House
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by DankbaresHerz: 5:19pm On Mar 30, 2019
Congratulations @legit, thanks for this thread and i want to rent a space on it. I am a potential applicant and here is my short story;
I and my fiancée meet before she travelled in 2012 and now she is a citizen. I applied to visit in 2015 but was denied. She however visited in 2016 and spent 3wks and also in mid 2017 and spent 6wks. Now I applied again late 2017 on F1 category twice was denied in the last event i was issued 212a after been place on administrative process for 1wk, fastward to 2018, I applied for german student visa nd it was approved of which am currently in Germany. Again my fiancée have also visited me in last December 2018 and visited france �� together in same 2018. Now my challenge is the 212a that i was issued in my last application. Do you think that will be a challenge in my case? Any useful input will be highly appreciated, viele danke(many thanks �)

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 5:58pm On Mar 30, 2019
DankbaresHerz:
Congratulations @legit, thanks for this thread and i want to rent a space on it. I am a potential applicant and here is my short story;
I and my fiancée meet before she travelled in 2012 and now she is a citizen. I applied to visit in 2015 but was denied. She however visited in 2016 and spent 3wks and also in mid 2017 and spent 6wks. Now I applied again late 2017 on F1 category twice was denied in the last event i was issued 212a after been place on administrative process for 1wk, fastward to 2018, I applied for german student visa nd it was approved of which am currently in Germany. Again my fiancée have also visited me in last December 2018 and visited france �� together in same 2018. Now my challenge is the 212a that i was issued in my last application. Do you think that will be a challenge in my case? Any useful input will be highly appreciated, viele danke(many thanks �)
Please clarify what section of 212a were you issued.

There are three I am aware of:

212(a)(4)
212(a)(6)(C)(i)
212(a)(9)(B)(i)
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by DankbaresHerz: 12:02am On Mar 31, 2019
I am not too sure right now as i left all the documents back home, however I think it’s 212(a)(4)

LegitBachelor:
Please clarify what section of 212a were you issued.

There are three I am aware of:

212(a)(4)
212(a)(6)(C)(i)
212(a)(9)(B)(i)
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 12:20am On Mar 31, 2019
DankbaresHerz:
I am not too sure right now as i left all the documents back home, however I think it’s 212(a)(4)

212(a)(4) is given if they think you cannot take care of yourself financially when they give you the Visa.

This won't be a problem for K1 Visa as long as your fiancee is working and earning a living wage. She Will be your Sponsor. She can even get someone else to join as a co-sponsor. So you are good if that's the case.

PS:
Below is a breakdown of the different 212(a) denials:
212(a)(4) - denial due to Inadequate Financial Support
212(a)(6)(C)(i) - denial due to Fraud and Misrepresentation
212(a)(9)(B)(i) - denial due to Unlawful Stay in the US

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by DankbaresHerz: 7:27am On Mar 31, 2019
Oh, thanks. That was helpful and God bless, will keep the house posted as I progress in the process. Let’s keep the house moving

LegitBachelor:
212(a)(4) is given if they think you cannot take care of yourself financially when they give you the Visa.

This won't be a problem for K1 Visa as long as your fiancee is working and earning a living wage. She Will be your Sponsor. She can even get someone else to join as a co-sponsor. So you are good if that's the case.

PS:
Below is a breakdown of the different 212(a) denials:
212(a)(4) - denial due to Inadequate Financial Support
212(a)(6)(C)(i) - denial due to Fraud and Misrepresentation
212(a)(9)(B)(i) - Denial due to Unlawful Stay in the US

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by eyinola: 11:28am On Mar 31, 2019
Please What's d process for spouse visa? I thought it was some as k1 before
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by desertboom(m): 12:29pm On Mar 31, 2019
Brothers, how una take dey follow up. How do you guys meet this ladies? Make una help una follow homeboy. Naija dey red. I'd appreciate if someone can give me tips.
Whatsapp or call: 08032360775
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2019
desertboom:
Brothers, how do you guys meet this ladies? Make una help una follow homeboy. Naija dey red. I'd appreciate if someone can give me tips.
I'm sorry this thread is not for that. This thread is for those who already have a fiance who is a US Citizen. However I can post a comment made by someone on this thread to guide you accordingly. Here is it below:

lasthero:

1. By referrer. If you have a Yankee based friend or family, they can help you with link ups.

2. By dating sites. You can check dating platforms.

3. By luck.

But trust me, stick with your 9ja babe if she is good. You never can tell what God has In stock for both of you grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.