Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (430988 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nommsy: 11:49am On Jul 28, 2022
Airboy333:
I just checked now am seeing Issued oooooo mad oooo so fast . Thank God for everything am so grateful
Hello Airboy333, please how do you know when visa is ready for collection. They said I will receive both email and sms. I got an email that says document has been picked up from consulate. Does this mean I can go to DHL in Lagos or should I still wait for sms before embarking on journey?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by DankbaresHerz: 12:30pm On Jul 28, 2022
Congratulations…I think you are to apply for work permit and Adjustment of status (AOS). Also, you can apply for driver’s license if u have not done so… you can also search for “legitbachelor” post here. He has posts regarding the processes. All the best

Bellachao:
Oh no I went through the K1 process and got married legally in America last weekend
So I’m just asking what next ?

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OLAOREOFE50: 11:46pm On Jul 28, 2022
you have to wait for the sms and go the next day after you receive the SMS (Not the same day)
Nommsy:

Hello Airboy333, please how do you know when visa is ready for collection. They said I will receive both email and sms. I got an email that says document has been picked up from consulate. Does this mean I can go to DHL in Lagos or should I still wait for sms before embarking on journey?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Coquinoqui: 1:45am On Jul 29, 2022
Bellachao:
Hello guys, I just want to say thank you to everyone that has been helping on this platform . So glad I stumbled on it.helped a great deal. Thank you .

I got married to my fiancé last weekend and now what next ? Is there another platform that can help with that ?
And do I need a lawyer for that process ?
Because lawyers here say they want to charge 2k dollars but I think it’s a bit ridiculous.

Please I will appreciate any help I can receive here as always .

Next is to file for Adjustment of status, we didn't use a lawyer and I yes I got my 2years conditional Green card in the mail last week

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 8:58am On Jul 29, 2022
Good morning
Any update on available interview dates ?
Or is there anyone who was able to book a date this week or recently?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nommsy: 9:19am On Jul 29, 2022
OLAOREOFE50:
you have to wait for the sms and go the next day after you receive the SMS (Not the same day)
Thank you, so I'll just wait patiently for the sms. How long does it normally take to receive the sms from the day of interview? I got the email about two days after but no sms yet.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 10:55am On Jul 29, 2022
Nommsy:

Thank you, so I'll just wait patiently for the sms. How long does it normally take to receive the sms from the day of interview? I got the email about two days after but no sms yet.
Was the message like this because I didn’t receive any sms just email..
Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate

The passport number being returned is A1196

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:

Victoria Island - Lagos, DHL, Victoria Island, Lagos

If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 11:20am On Jul 29, 2022
Please guys, how can I print my Facebook chats? Does screenshot it comes out clean when printed out?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 11:49am On Jul 29, 2022
baba2unday:
Please guys, how can I print my Facebook chats? Does screenshot it comes out clean when printed out?
use screenshot
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nommsy: 11:51am On Jul 29, 2022
Airboy333:

Was the message like this because I didn’t receive any sms just email..
Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate

The passport number being returned is A1196

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:

Victoria Island - Lagos, DHL, Victoria Island, Lagos

If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng.

Yes, exactly this sort of message. This is what I got. I just checked that link from the email and tracked it and I can see that document is ready for pickup��
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2022
baba2unday:
Yes screenshots are good, do you have a date for your interview already ?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2022
Nommsy:

Yes, exactly this sort of message. This is what I got. I just checked that link from the email and tracked it and I can see that document is ready for pickup��
Go and pick up ur visa go with a photocopy of any valid ID or photocopy of ur passport page
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nommsy: 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2022
Airboy333:
Go and pick up ur visa go with a photocopy of any valid ID or photocopy of ur passport page
Thank you! Finally, i'm getting this document that took me over a year to get.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 4:09pm On Jul 29, 2022
Not yet bro. I am still waiting for the site to update.
InvestorTeeMan:

Yes screenshots are good, do you have a date for your interview already ?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Bellachao: 11:33pm On Jul 29, 2022
Congratulations and Thank you so much for the response
Please can I get a summary of what to do so I don’t make any mistakes.
Coquinoqui:

Next is to file for Adjustment of status, we didn't use a lawyer and I yes I got my 2years conditional Green card in the mail last week
[quote author=Coquinoqui post=115177681]
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Lpnewy: 11:59pm On Jul 29, 2022
InvestorTeeMan:
Good morning
Any update on available interview dates ?
Or is there anyone who was able to book a date this week or recently?

Noo I have been looking for weeks and nothing yet.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ausdre(m): 11:10pm On Jul 30, 2022
InvestorTeeMan:
Good morning everyone
I have few questions to ask pls
Got the email from NVC yesterday and I checked the status, case already showing “INTRANSIT” not even up to 24hrs after we received email.
It seems NVC is speeding up their operations recently if I’m right or is this the normal timeframe for the status to show INTRANSIT ?
Again, is this the right time to pay and book interview date or I should wait for it to show READY ?

I remember I have to do the medical and police clearance before I go for the interview.

Wow this is good news. Please what was the timeframe between when NBC notified you of being document qualified till when you received this?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 8:11am On Aug 03, 2022
New consul general in US embassy Lagos, I hope this move will be a win win for us. Release more interview dates and approval celebrations.

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 8:13pm On Aug 08, 2022
Hi,
Has anyone been able to book a visa appointment?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 10:14pm On Aug 08, 2022
baba2unday:
Hi,
Has anyone been able to book a visa appointment?
Been checking everyday o
No interview dates yet, it is a bit frustrating.
I received packet 3 last week I just hope dates will be available anytime soon coz it is almost four months approval validity.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 10:49pm On Aug 08, 2022
Which one is packet 3?
InvestorTeeMan:

Been checking everyday o
I received packet 3 last week I just hope dates will be available anytime soon coz it is almost four months approval validity.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 12:23am On Aug 09, 2022
baba2unday:
Which one is packet 3?
I mean the instructions from the Lagos consulate to schedule visa interview for the K1 visa and other things to take along for the interview.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 6:25am On Aug 09, 2022
Okay I got that too.
InvestorTeeMan:

I mean the instructions from the Lagos consulate to schedule visa interview for the K1 visa and other things to take along for the interview.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sportlove: 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2022
Hey Lakesides, It’s been more than 2 months. I hope your visa has been issued and you’ve gotten your passport from the embassy? I never knew the embassy could take up to over 2 months to issue your visa.

LakesidesNG:
Good morning to the admins here, I have a very big problem at hand now. Since Friday, 22nd of April 2022 that I had my interview and was approved and given the white paper to pick up my passport in 10-Bussiness Days , till this present moment I’m writing you going by tracking with ceac.state.gov, I’m yet to receive my passport. My case statues yet to change from Ready to Issue not to talk of picking up. I went all the way to DHL @ Victoria-Island twice yet they ask me to wait for the pickup notification mail.. I called & E-mail US Embassy on several occasions twice a week since then but it’s same old story, likewise LagosIV@state.gov, including support-Nigeria@ustraveldocs.com. Still not good news. What do I do ?? Any help
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by SmartJac: 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2022
He got it in exactly 2 months
Sportlove:
Hey Lakesides, It’s been more than 2 months. I hope your visa has been issued and you’ve gotten your passport from the embassy? I never knew the embassy could take up to over 2 months to issue your visa.

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by SmartJac: 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2022
Don’t worry about the approval validity, it can be updated by your CO during interview. Just be on the lookout for dates which sometimes comes mostly on shipping days which are mostly Tuesdays and Wednsedays
InvestorTeeMan:

Been checking everyday o
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 7:14pm On Aug 09, 2022
SmartJac:
Don’t worry about the approval validity, it can be updated by your CO during interview. Just be on the lookout for dates which sometimes comes mostly on shipping days which are mostly Tuesdays and Wednsedays
Thanks boss, this is a relief…God bless �

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 9:47pm On Aug 09, 2022
Thank you bros
SmartJac:

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2022
Is it ideal to go for medical examination prior to booking interview or just wait?
SmartJac:
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Lpnewy: 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2022
baba2unday:
Is it ideal to go for medical examination prior to booking interview or just wait?

I tried to do they but they needed the appointment letter for the interview…
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2022
baba2unday:
calm down and wait

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.