Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (427692 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by akido707ak: 2:05pm On Sep 07, 2022
Hey VanMoyez, I have a question for you. Did you have to wait for any kind of "packet 3" from the embassy in Lagos before you proceeded with scheduling your interview or you just went ahead after your status changed to "ready"?
VanMoyez:
Please, when setting the visa appointment, what should I select on the "Select Visa Priority?"

The options are: 221G and regular

Thanks.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:40pm On Sep 07, 2022
Hi guys, I'm glad to see this thread is still very active. I'm sorry for not being very active myself but I will try and be more present and also update you all on my progress. I also enjoin others who have gotten their K1 Visa to update us on their journey.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2022
Guys I have a testimony. I know this is not the religion thread but it's still related to this section.

So I usually keep my social security card locked in my "vault". But I was told by Bank of America that I will need to come with my social security card for them to update my bank account with my social security number. So I took out my card and placed it in between a book.

Now, when I was leaving the bank, I placed the book on my car so I can strap my daughter into the baby sear. So I forgot the book along with my social security card on the car and drove off. It was when I got home that I remembered my social security card and started wondering where I left it. I tried retracing my steps and also went to the bank but didn't see my card there. Then it occurred to me that perhaps I forgot it on the car....of course it was no longer there when I checked. I also checked where I parked the car when I went to the bank and it also wasn't there. Then it occurred to me that the book possibly still remained on the car until when i got to the highway where it possibly got blown away by the wind due to the car speed.

So I commenced searching for my social security card on the highway, at that point I had given hope that I will see my card. I thought about the stress of reporting my lost card to the police and the stress of applying to get a new card. I also thought about the risk of identity theft as my social security number is now exposed to anyone who finds my card.

But low and behold, I saw my book in the middle of the highway. It was battered beyond recognition as many cars have run it over but I did not see my card in it. The card is just a little paper and can be blown farther away due to the wind...so the chances of seeing my card is still slim. But I kept searching and then I saw it! I saw it stuck in a shrub farther off from where I saw the battered book. The card was not scratched one bit. It was as if someone just secured it for me. God is wonderful.

I will never be this careless with my card in the future. I hope you all learn from my mistake. I also want to share this testimony on God's Grace in my life.

9 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OLAOREOFE50: 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2022
I was a K1 Applicant, i got to the US this July, I got Married in August. I realize the K1 application journey is not over, perhaps till you become a citizen, lol.

I was able to get my Social security card, I am currently looking to apply for my State ID, this also comes with its own requirements;

-Your Passport Data Page
-i94,
-Letter that has your name and current US address (i am yet to figure this out)
-Social Security Number

So i can atleast open a bank account etc.

I will be applying for my adjustment of status soon.

For those that have gotten their Green Card etc, please any other heads up?

Recap to those who are on the verge of getting their visas, here is my Timeline

I applied 2021 March,
got approved Feb 2022,
application got to Nigeria Embassy in April 2022
Interview was May 2022

I wish everyone great success, Amen.

LegitBachelor:
Hi guys, I'm glad to see this thread is still very active. I'm sorry for not being very active myself but I will try and be more present and also update you all on my progress. I also enjoin others who have gotten their K1 Visa to update us on their journey.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2022
akido707ak:
Hey Airboy333, I have a question for you please, I didn't see anything in your thread about "packet 3". After your status says "ready". It seems you cannot book interview appointment until you receive the "packet 3" from US Embassy in Lagos. I am at that stage and I am a little confuse, I filled out the DS-160 successfully and when I was trying to check the interview page before making payment, two questions pop up asking (1) if i have received NVC letter that my document is in embassy and (2) if I have received packet 3 from US Embassy and if your answer is "no" to any of the questions, it says you cannot book your interview until you have receive the packet. Can you please elaborate on that or if anyone else can also help out. Thank you.
the packet 3 is just an email which the petitioner will get telling you where to do ur medical and police certificates and what and what u need for interview .. the pix I attach is the packet 3 the petitioner will it by email

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2022
OLAOREOFE50:
I was a K1 Applicant, i got to the US this July, I got Married in August. I realize the K1 application journey is not over, perhaps till you become a citizen, lol.

I was able to get my Social security card, I am currently looking to apply for my State ID, this also comes with its own requirements;

-Your Passport Data Page
-i94,
-Social Security Number

I applied 2021 March,
got approved Feb 2022,
Interview was May 2022

congrats on ur SSN if u got ur SSN by mail no any paper Attach to d card that came wit ur name and ur address on it
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 5:33pm On Sep 07, 2022
LegitBachelor:
Guys I have a testimony. I know this is not the religion thread but it's still related to this section.

So I usually keep my social security card locked in my "vault". But I was told by Bank of America that I will need to come with my social security card for them to update my bank account with my social security number. So I took out my card and placed it in between a book.

Now, when I was leaving the bank, I placed the book on my car so I can strap my daughter into the baby sear. So I forgot the book along with my social security card on the car and drove off. It was when I got home that I remembered my social security card and started wondering where I left it. I tried retracing my steps and also went to the bank but didn't see my card there. Then it occurred to me that perhaps I forgot it on the car....of course it was no longer there when I checked. I also checked where I parked the car when I went to the bank and it also wasn't there. Then it occurred to me that the book possibly still remained on the car until when i got to the highway where it possibly got blown away by the wind due to the car speed.

So I commenced searching for my social security card on the highway, at that point I had given hope that I will see my card. I thought about the stress of reporting my lost card to the police and the stress of applying to get a new card. I also thought about the risk of identity theft as my social security number is now exposed to anyone who finds my card.

But low and behold, I saw my book in the middle of the highway. It was battered beyond recognition as many cars have run it over but I did not see my card in it. The card is just a little paper and can be blown farther away due to the wind...so the chances of seeing my card is still slim. But I kept searching and then I saw it! I saw it stuck in a shrub farther off from where I saw the battered book. The card was not scratched one bit. It was as if someone just secured it for me. God is wonderful.

I will never be this careless with my card in the future. I hope you all learn from my mistake. I also want to share this testimony on God's Grace in my life.
sorry about that oga legit and thank God u saw it

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:11pm On Sep 07, 2022
@OLAOREOFE50, thanks for your update.

Regarding your application for State ID, the document that should have both your name and US address should be the letter from Social Security Administration. Another document is your joint bank account statement.

You are right about the k1 application not over even after getting the visa. It's a continuous journey.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2022
Airboy333:
sorry about that oga legit and thank God u saw it
Thanks brother. Yes o, I thank God

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OLAOREOFE50: 6:31pm On Sep 07, 2022
Hallelluyah!!
LegitBachelor:

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OLAOREOFE50: 6:32pm On Sep 07, 2022
yes , i have that, they needed more than one.
LegitBachelor:
@OLAOREOFE50, thanks for your update.

Regarding your application for State ID, the document that should have both your name and US address should be the letter from Social Security Administration. Another document is your joint bank account statement.

You are right about the k1 application not over even after getting the visa. It's a continuous journey.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OLAOREOFE50: 6:33pm On Sep 07, 2022
They needed moro than one. yes i got it by mail.
Airboy333:
congrats on ur SSN if u got ur SSN by mail no any paper Attach to d card that came wit ur name and ur address on it
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by VanMoyez: 6:42pm On Sep 07, 2022
akido707ak:
Hey VanMoyez, I have a question for you. Did you have to wait for any kind of "packet 3" from the embassy in Lagos before you proceeded with scheduling your interview or you just went ahead after your status changed to "ready"?

Hi,

I did not receive it. Once my case status showed ready, I paid the visa fees, and currently looking out for interview dates.

Airboy sums it in his explanation above. Cheers.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2022
OLAOREOFE50:
They needed moro than one. yes i got it by mail.
oh ok
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by tkenny20: 9:25pm On Sep 07, 2022
InvestorTeeMan:

If everything goes well and covid impact does not get worse than this, you should be able to get everything done before end of 2023. If they relax more covid measures than this and ease up backlogs drastically then it will be a plus for you.
Thanks so much bro… I appreciate the reply God bless you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 10:42pm On Sep 07, 2022
OLAOREOFE50:
yes , i have that, they needed more than one.
I mentioned two things: 1. SSA Letter 2. Bank Statement
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OLAOREOFE50: 11:05pm On Sep 07, 2022
Oh, i dont have an account yet.
LegitBachelor:
I mentioned two things: 1. SSA Letter 2. Bank Statement
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 11:06pm On Sep 07, 2022
OLAOREOFE50:
I think creating an account is easy to do. You both can create a joint account.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by akido707ak: 11:53pm On Sep 07, 2022
Thank you Airboy333 for the clarification.
Airboy333:
the packet 3 is just an email which the petitioner will get telling you where to do ur medical and police certificates and what and what u need for interview .. the pix I attach is the packet 3 the petitioner will it by email
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 12:11am On Sep 08, 2022
Hi guys, is there any nairalander on this AOS process that's residing within the Dallas - Fort Worth area? If you are, please send me a PM. We need to connect in person.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by akido707ak: 12:39am On Sep 08, 2022
When you were filling out your info on the interview page, did you see the below question and if yes, what response did you give when you did not receive the packet 3 email?
VanMoyez:

Hi,

I did not receive it. Once my case status showed ready, I paid the visa fees, and currently looking out for interview dates.

Airboy sums it in his explanation above. Cheers.

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 5:56am On Sep 08, 2022
akido707ak:

When you were filling out your info on the interview page, did you see the below question and if yes, what response did you give when you did not receive the packet 3 email?
if u receive that email the answer is yes
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 7:25am On Sep 08, 2022
akido707ak:

You don’t have to wait for packet 3, as soon as your case shows ready just click yes and go ahead to start searching for dates. You will receive your packet 3 before you go for your interview or you guys will place a call through if you still don’t receive it when your interview is right by the corner.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by VanMoyez: 7:54am On Sep 08, 2022
akido707ak:

Nope. I skipped that, no time to waste. It can be gotten before your interview date is due. So, go ahead and apply once the dates are available.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by tkenny20: 11:20am On Sep 08, 2022
OLAOREOFE50:

-Your Passport Data Page
-i94,
-Social Security Number

I applied 2021 March,
got approved Feb 2022,
Interview was May 2022

wow im so glad to this testimony. Because i just filed mine and my babe is planning to come stay here until i get approved. lol. That would mean she not working. I wont want that. so i pray my own happens quick.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2022
OLAOREOFE50:
the joint account is good it shows more Proof on ur AOS interview
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by edimatsgal: 1:43pm On Sep 08, 2022
OLAOREOFE50:

-Your Passport Data Page
-i94,
-Social Security Number

I applied 2021 March,
got approved Feb 2022,
Interview was May 2022

Congratulations on your journey Ola. My interview was in April and I got to the states in May. It’s interesting to note that you got your SSN card before applying for AOS. . I was under the impression that you only get that after you apply for your AOS.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by SmartJac: 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2022
Thank God oo!
LegitBachelor:

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OLAOREOFE50: 5:54pm On Sep 08, 2022
Really? This is new to me. how does this work? recall the only mean of ID i have is my SSN and my international Passport, will that suffice?

LegitBachelor:
I think creating an account is easy to do. You both can create a joint account.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OLAOREOFE50: 5:56pm On Sep 08, 2022
Oh yea, I got my SSN few weeks after i got in, which even says (Valid for Work )
edimatsgal:

Congratulations on your journey Ola. My interview was in April and I got to the states in May. It’s interesting to note that you got your SSN card before applying for AOS. . I was under the impression that you only get that after you apply for your AOS.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2022
OLAOREOFE50:
Really? This is new to me. how does this work? recall the only mean of ID i have is my SSN and my international Passport, will that suffice?

Ur SSN and passport is ok, u can make use of Bank of America
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:41am On Sep 09, 2022
OLAOREOFE50:
Oh yea, I got my SSN few weeks after i got in, which even says (Valid for Work )
You came in via K1 visa or Spousal Visa?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.