Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,957 members, 7,810,650 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (427801 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 5:42am On Mar 23
nikkeypearl:
Hello,
@InvestorTeeMan
Pls does it take this long for NVC to send out welcome packet. Case was approved on Feb.7th, we also have the case number. After inquiring, we were told we would be notified when our petition has been assigned to US embassy. Its been over a month, does it usually take this long or is there any other thing we should do?
I’ll appreciate your response 🙏 and anyone who is in similar situation.
Unfortunately there’s nothing you can do at this point than to just wait for the nvc to send your case to the embassy. And yes we have seen cases that takes 3 months or more before sending to the embassy. If you check your NOA2 you will see that your approval is valid for 4 months so before the four months interval your case needs to get to the embassy and you need to secure an interview date. If the interview date falls after the 4 month validity you don’t have to worry as long as you secure a date before your approval expires.
The reason why nvc has not forwarded your case to the embassy is because the embassy has not requested for it because of the backlog they’re dealing with but they will request for it as soon as possible just start putting things together for your interview, medicals and police report. If I may ask, what case number do you have ? Did it start from LGS ?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 5:45am On Mar 23
IkwerreBabe:

I'm confused. Are you the beneficiary or the petitioner? Why does your wife need a cosponsor?
Because she did not meet the US poverty guidelines and to ensure the beneficiary do not become a public charge on entering the United States.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nikkeypearl: 10:28am On Mar 23
IkwerreBabe:

Did you complete and submit the d160?

Not yet. We’ve been waiting for email from nvc for go ahead. Honestly im confused. How do we track to know if case is in transit or ready?

Attached file is the only response we’ve been getting from nvc after inquiry

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nikkeypearl: 10:55am On Mar 23
InvestorTeeMan:

Unfortunately there’s nothing you can do at this point than to just wait for the nvc to send your case to the embassy. And yes we have seen cases that takes 3 months or more before sending to the embassy. If you check your NOA2 you will see that your approval is valid for 4 months so before the four months interval your case needs to get to the embassy and you need to secure an interview date. If the interview date falls after the 4 month validity you don’t have to worry as long as you secure a date before your approval expires.
The reason why nvc has not forwarded your case to the embassy is because the embassy has not requested for it because of the backlog they’re dealing with but they will request for it as soon as possible just start putting things together for your interview, medicals and police report. If I may ask, what case number do you have ? Did it start from LGS ?

*sighs* This is reassuring, thank you sir. I’ll check case number and get back to you. Thanks again

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 12:34pm On Mar 23
nikkeypearl:

Not yet. We’ve been waiting for email from nvc for go ahead. Honestly im confused. How do we track to know if case is in transit or ready?

The email you will receive from nvc will have your invoice number that you will use to track your case at the embassy stage.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nikkeypearl: 5:37pm On Mar 23
InvestorTeeMan:

The email you will receive from nvc will have your invoice number that you will use to track your case at the embassy stage.

Okay. Thanks alot for your response, i feel so relieved. And yes, our case number start with LGS.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by IkwerreBabe: 7:15pm On Mar 23
nikkeypearl:

I believe you can still complete the d160 and submit it.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nikkeypearl: 9:56pm On Mar 23
IkwerreBabe:

I believe you can still complete the d160 and submit it.

Okay, I’ll discuss with my fiancé maybe we can proceed with that. Thanks so much
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 12:11am On Mar 25
nikkeypearl:

Okay. Thanks alot for your response, i feel so relieved. And yes, our case number start with LGS.
I’m wondering what case number are you waiting for again to track the progression of your case. The case number that start with LGS is what you needed that means your case is either intransit or ready for interview. Go track it on ceac @ https://ceac.state.gov

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nikkeypearl: 8:52am On Mar 25
InvestorTeeMan:

I’m wondering what case number are you waiting for again to track the progression of your case. The case number that start with LGS is what you needed that means your case is either intransit or ready for interview. Go track it on ceac @ https://ceac.state.gov

Oh really, will do so today and share update. Thanks so much
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by fashionicon: 1:40am On Mar 27
Good day all, please need your advice. please my sisters husband to be is in the USA and filled k1 visa to bring her from Nigeria. They recently got the latter which is for k1 - ftp, she is about to fill the ds-160 form but doesn’t know how long it will take to get an interview appointment,
Please can anyone give an idea on the time frame also should she go and do the medical and police report (these things are going expiry with 3 months from what she’s told) we don’t want her to go do it and it expires before then. Please advise
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Niffyblack(f): 9:35am On Mar 27
Dear Nairalanders
My fiancé is 60 while I’m 30 years, And we planning to see soon in Rwanda
Please what are convincing photos I must take with him while Rwanda to apply for the K1 when he goes back to the state. Or probably what are the the things we must do to convince the NVC that we love each other. We have been in relationship for 4 years.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 5:52pm On Mar 27
Niffyblack:
Dear Nairalanders
My fiancé is 60 while I’m 30 years, And we planning to see soon in Rwanda
Please what are convincing photos I must take with him while Rwanda to apply for the K1 when he goes back to the state. Or probably what are the the things we must do to convince the NVC that we love each other. We have been in relationship for 4 years.
Make sure you take pictures together everywhere you visit in Rwanda, if he’s proposing to you which is good but not required make sure you take the pictures, keep all the receipts of everything you guys purchase together, if you’re giving him a gift keep your receipts and picture of the gift, if he’s meeting your people or friends make sure you guys take pictures together there are no much things you can do at this stage than proving to uscis that you both met in person. And the required primary means are pictures, flight tickets and so on. You will deal with uscis first before nvc, plan another trip before embassy stage. I wish you the best in your journey

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 5:59pm On Mar 27
fashionicon:
Good day all, please need your advice. please my sisters husband to be is in the USA and filled k1 visa to bring her from Nigeria. They recently got the latter which is for k1 - ftp, she is about to fill the ds-160 form but doesn’t know how long it will take to get an interview appointment,
Please can anyone give an idea on the time frame also should she go and do the medical and police report (these things are going expiry with 3 months from what she’s told) we don’t want her to go do it and it expires before then. Please advise
How long it will take to get an interview depends on the workload on the embassy if things are moving fast at the embassy she can get interview within weeks after submitting her cgi but if things are moving slow she could get interview date in couple of months she just have to keep checking everyday and join the group of people waiting for dates to be rolled out.
Police report is valid for two years so Yes she should go get that out of the way but for the medicals she needs to wait after she get a date for interview she could go do her medicals 3 to 4 weeks to her interview. Medicals is 6 months that’s why people do it few weeks to the interview so that by the time you get your visa you will still have some months on it before it will become invalid.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Cinacci124: 4:17am On Mar 28
InvestorTeeMan:

Some people got their approval in 15 months or after, even before. If your case is being processed in California service center you’re still within the proposed USCIS normal processing time of 14 to 15 months. If at 15 months you still don’t hear anything then you can submit out of processing time inquiry, call them or chat with an agent via Emma to ask what’s going on with your case. Request to speak to a level 3 or 4 officer coz those level one guys that always run to answer calls don’t even know anything at times.

Thank you so much for your response.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Akinz75(m): 9:52pm On Mar 30
Good day, guys. What advantages does my fiancée being in the military have when applying for a K-1 visa? We have been dating for 5 years, and we last saw each other 3 years ago before she traveled to the States.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by stacyadams: 10:30am On Apr 01
InvestorTeeMan:

1. As much as your case has been forwarded to the embassy then it is a YES for you to go ahead with those steps and wait to have your medicals done 5/6 weeks before your appointment at the embassy.

For the letter stating you and your petitioner should upload documents have not seen that before except for CR1/IR1 so there’s a mix up somewhere just check well.

2. You don’t need invoice number just your case number starting with LGS then you are good.

3. Check the ceac platform and if your case status shows “Ready” do not wait for embassy to reach out to you before you create cgi account and look for date and prepare for your interview.

4. You do not need proof of self-sufficient, this petition is primarily on the petitioner, his/her financial capability and records plays the major and significant role here. So since she makes enough money safe yourself the stress of giving too much information that would be insignificant to the process.

5. If your case shows READY on the ceac feel free to do the police certificate but wait to do your medicals some weeks to your appointment probably 5/6 weeks.

Please for F1 unmarried immigrants visa,can I also pay for the application fee in GTB bank.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by johnwegs(m): 10:47am On Apr 01
My ceac is still showing refused after I summitted the necessary document needed from me after the interview, I summitted last week
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 12:03am On Apr 03
johnwegs:
My ceac is still showing refused after I summitted the necessary document needed from me after the interview, I summitted last week
Yes it will show refused at first, your status will change from refused soon just keep checking
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 12:07am On Apr 03
Akinz75:
Good day, guys. What advantages does my fiancée being in the military have when applying for a K-1 visa? We have been dating for 5 years, and we last saw each other 3 years ago before she traveled to the States.
Their petition gets processed a bit faster and better chances as well compare to regular ones. Before you apply make sure you see each other again within the last 2 years
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 12:09am On Apr 03
stacyadams:

Please for F1 unmarried immigrants visa,can I also pay for the application fee in GTB bank.
YES
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by stacyadams: 7:39am On Apr 03
InvestorTeeMan:

YES

Thank you chief
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by cheerios: 11:50am On Apr 03
Quick question! Hello house, a friend did his NPC age attestation January last year, and will be having his K1 interview later this year..is the attestation still valid this year for the process or he needs to do a new one? How long does it last ?Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by johnwegs(m): 9:02pm On Apr 03
InvestorTeeMan:

Yes it will show refused at first, your status will change from refused soon just keep checking
my bro the rejected the co sponsor my woman brought,she is just tired , I don’t know where to get this bro
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 10:06pm On Apr 03
cheerios:
Quick question! Hello house, a friend did his NPC age attestation January last year, and will be having his K1 interview later this year..is the attestation still valid this year for the process or he needs to do a new one? How long does it last ?Thanks
As far as it is original and was done at the NPC it doesn’t expire, go ahead and use your attestation
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 10:09pm On Apr 03
johnwegs:
my bro the rejected the co sponsor my woman brought,she is just tired , I don’t know where to get this bro
Major reason for rejecting a co-sponsor is when they dnt meet up with the United States poverty guidelines. Just look for someone else that meets the required income. You need to encourage your woman not to be tired, immigration is not cheap

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Niffyblack(f): 3:15am On Apr 04
[quote author=InvestorTeeMan post=129138152]
Make sure you take pictures together everywhere you visit in Rwanda, if he’s proposing to you which is good but not required make sure you take the pictures, keep all the receipts of everything you guys purchase together, if you’re giving him a gift keep your receipts and picture of the gift, if he’s meeting your people or friends make sure you guys take pictures together there are no much things you can do at this stage than proving to uscis that you both met in person. And the required primary means are pictures, flight tickets and so on. You will deal with uscis first before nvc, plan another trip before embassy stage. I wish you the best in your journey

Thanks i appreciate
God bless
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by cheerios: 6:32am On Apr 04
InvestorTeeMan:

As far as it is original and was done at the NPC it doesn’t expire, go ahead and use your attestation

Thanks for your response Sire! So sorry I missed up the question..the question I intended to ask was the validity of a police character certificate that was done January last year.thanks as you respond accordingly...
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Akinz75(m): 7:03am On Apr 04
InvestorTeeMan:

Their petition gets processed a bit faster and better chances as well compare to regular ones. Before you apply make sure you see each other again within the last 2 years

Thank you brother

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 9:57pm On Apr 04
cheerios:

Thanks for your response Sire! So sorry I missed up the question..the question I intended to ask was the validity of a police character certificate that was done January last year.thanks as you respond accordingly...
Police character has two years validity, last year January, no problem
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by chinny56(f): 12:31am On Apr 05
Pls can I be added to the whatsapp group for interview dates...This is my number 0706 320 4599.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by chinny56(f): 12:33am On Apr 05
I have till the end of this April before the expiration of my approved file...Dates are not available

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.