Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (428793 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Obinoscopy(m): 2:13pm On Jul 22, 2019
That's sad. That's greed. That's selfishness.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:19pm On Jul 22, 2019
mekusa10:

Only when they want answers to their questions
Yeah that's true. Well let's keep reminding them anyways. How's it going? Have you gotten the NOA2 in the mail?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by castrokins(m): 2:36pm On Jul 22, 2019
Sent, Sir.

LegitBachelor:
Okay.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Teledom1: 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2019
LegitBachelor:
The most important question is this: Do you love each other?

If the answer is yes then you don't need to worry about 18 years difference.
yes we do and thanks and thanks for the reply.... I initially thought it was one of the criteria for denial ....glad for the response
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:40pm On Jul 22, 2019
castrokins:
Sent, Sir.

Ok. I've responded. Check your email (yahoo).
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Yeah that's true. Well let's keep reminding them anyways. How's it going? Have you gotten the NOA2 in the mail?
Yes oh smiley on Saturday. I'm shocked how fast things are moving, less than 3 months to get NOA2, I'm hoping I get interviewed before November cos I see the NOA2 expires by November.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
For my fellow journey men and women who are married to their USC, this is me trying to think aloud. Do you think a courthouse wedding and a ceremony/party afterwards with family and friends would look like a legit marriage before the CO and in future AOS/greencard interview?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by castrokins(m): 3:35pm On Jul 22, 2019
Thanks. Please check your mail.

LegitBachelor:
Ok. I've responded. Check your email (yahoo).
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2019
mekusa10:
For my fellow journey men and women who are married to their USC, this is me trying to think aloud. Do you think a courthouse wedding and a ceremony/party afterwards with family and friends would look like a legit marriage before the CO and in future AOS/greencard interview?

Depends on your pocket. Most do court house and when they are financially buoyant, they can the whit wedding afterwards. Nothing to be Afraid off. I did court too.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Depends on your pocket. Most do court house and when they are financially buoyant, they can the whit wedding afterwards. Nothing to be Afraid off. I did court too.
Thanks alot. You've been very helpful.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by hammed71(m): 5:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Yes. Imagine if they ask for your mum's ID (international passport) as a followup, at that point you'll be in a pickle if you didn't use her official name.
thank you so much
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 22, 2019
LegitBachelor:

Yes. Imagine if they ask for your mum's ID (international passport) as a followup, at that point you'll be in a pickle if you didn't use her official name.
hammed71:
thank you so much
Correct. Also adding to LegitBachelor post, if in the future you will become a US Citizen and you wish to bring your mother (your kids, father or siblings) to USA, you need to have all information about her/them very correct and based on legal documents they have. Once they are in your Visa Application, your family members are in the computer system, adding or changing later may not work well. The question will be why didn't you add your family member before (hiding your family information) or why did you lie about the name or any other data?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by JWTheocracy1: 5:04pm On Jul 23, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Hopefully they will soon enough.

Bro. I've called severally and even texted on whatsapp no response.... Na wrong number you gave me ni? undecided
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Simcha: 9:43am On Jul 24, 2019
Please house advise me. My US fiance will be visiting me soonest. What are the short skills/training I can acquire before she filed for me? I need advise on skills that are in demand in the US that I can learn that will prove I can take care of my family after marriage( u understand that kind thing?) I alrealdy knew how lay block and do plastering (bricklaying). I need more advice and tips on plans. I no want 4k up for embassy abeg.
PS: I'm a first year undergraduate student.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2019
Simcha:
Please house advise me. My US fiance will be visiting me soonest. What are the short skills/training I can acquire before she filed for me? I need advise on skills that are in demand in the US that I can learn that will prove I can take care of my family after marriage( u understand that kind thing?) I alrealdy knew how lay block and do plastering (bricklaying). I need more advice and tips on plans. I no want 4k up for embassy abeg.
If you are handy, learn electricity or plumbing, true you will need to have a license here and learn local standards but it's short studies and there are always good pay jobs around.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 3:22pm On Jul 24, 2019
Simcha:

The skills you have are good. It's also good to know that you are currently enrolled in your Undergraduate studies.

You can choose to continue your studies when you eventually relocate to the U.S., and you will always get a job to do when you relocate(no matter how small you start).

Cheers!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Simcha: 12:19am On Jul 25, 2019
123JohnF:

If you are handy, learn electricity or plumbing, true you will need to have a license here and learn local standards but it's short studies and there are always good pay jobs around.

I'm very handy... I guess I'm gonna learn plumbing, don't wanna hug transformer for America grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Simcha: 12:23am On Jul 25, 2019
select500:

The skills you have are good. It's also good to know that you are currently enrolled in your Undergraduate studies.

You can choose to continue your studies when you eventually relocate to the U.S., and you will always get a job to do when you relocate(no matter how small you start).

Cheers!

She told me my credits in my school here won't be honored in the States so transferring them will be not necessary. Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Cappie: 3:30am On Jul 25, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Nothing to be done to speed the process. Just wait for it to be approved. Regarding the traditional engagement, you can explain, legitbachelor will explain more on that.
Goodday,can I send you a private message pls? Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 3:54am On Jul 25, 2019
Cappie:

Goodday,can I send you a private message pls? Thanks

Yes you can.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 8:00pm On Jul 25, 2019
Guys,

I think it is important and helpful for us to share our interview questions or transcripts for others to learn irrespective of the outcome. I say thank you to those that have shared theirs in the past and also encourage those that have not to please share. It is always helpful and insightful. Others can learn from mistakes and be better prepared regarding the type of documentation that will be useful.

I had my interview on June 24, 2019 and was asked to submit additional documents which i did the next day (June 25) as i had them at home but did not think they were useful or needed for the interview. They have not gotten back to me yet.....and I submitted what was requested a month ago.

See the interview questions below:

1. What is your relationship with your petitioner

2. Tell me what you know about her

3. Who does she live with?

4. Was she married before? No

5. Does she have any child? No

6. Do you have pictures of you together? Yes (i had over 20 new pictures plus the over 40 i submitted with the initial petition)

7. Tell me about the last argument you had together?

8. Do you have pictures of you and your son together? I don't have them here

9. Where is his mother?

10. Any secondary evidence of your ex-wife's death aside the death certificate?

11. Who proposed? How did you propose?

12. When / where are you going to get married?

After all the questions....she says

Before i can approve your visa, I need to see some secondary evidence.

1. I have your ex-wife's death certificate and certificate of cause of death but i need additional secondary evidence like program for funeral, death notification, screenshot of social media posts, pictures, etc.

2. I have your son's birth certificate but I need to be sure of your relationship with your son. So send pictures of you together at different times of his life. She also asked for his hospital records / immunization records but i told her i could not get those for some reasons.....she said okay send pictures.

So if you have kids, know that they may ask for more than birth certificates. If you lost a spouse, they may ask for more than death certificates and so on.

8 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
@Sharpman1 thanks for this info. You'll get a favorable response very soon.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 8:45pm On Jul 25, 2019
LegitBachelor:
I've commenced the process for obtaining Drivers License. Went to the DPS with my international passport, social security card and proof of residence. The queue was quite long. Waited for close to 4 hours before it got to my turn! Aside the documentations, I did the vision test and the Drivers written exam test which I passed. I also had to go do the driving practise test which I passed.

However I was given a license with a validity of a month! This is because they said my K1 visa is valid for only a month angry

Well, I guess I'll just manage it till it expires then I can go and renew.

I advice you go get your Drivers License after getting your social security number. Note however that each State within the US has different requirements for obtaining Drivers License.
Update on my Texas Drivers License

I went to renew my Drivers License and it went well. My license wasnt renewed at the spot because I don't have greencard or workpermit. However they requested for my NOA1 for the pending AOS application and said they'll get back to me in a weeks time.

So what they will do is verify my documents and if okay will send me a mail confirming my successful verification. Then I will use that mail when going to the Drivers License office to get a new License. It should be valid for one year. Will update you guys.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 8:46pm On Jul 25, 2019
sharpman1:
Guys,

I think it is important and helpful for us to share our interview questions or transcripts for others to learn irrespective of the outcome. I say thank you to those that have shared theirs in the past and also encourage those that have not to please share. It is always helpful and insightful. Others can learn from mistakes and be better prepared regarding the type of documentation that will be useful.

I had my interview on June 24, 2019 and was asked to submit additional documents which i did the next day (June 25) as i had them at home but did not think they were useful or needed for the interview. They have not gotten back to me yet.....and I submitted what was requested a month ago.

6. Do you have pictures of you together? Yes (i had over 20 new pictures plus the over 40 i submitted with the initial petition)

9. Where is his mother?

1. I have your ex-wife's death certificate and certificate of cause of death but i need additional secondary evidence like program for funeral, death notification, screenshot of social media posts, pictures, etc.

2. I have your son's birth certificate but I need to be sure of your relationship with your son. So send pictures of you together at different times of his life. She also asked for his hospital records / immunization records but i told her i could not get those for some reasons.....she said okay send pictures.

So if you have kids, know that they may ask for more than birth certificates. If you lost a spouse, they may ask for more than death certificates and so on.
Thanks for sharing. I hope you get a response in time to meet up your set marriage date.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 8:48pm On Jul 25, 2019
So I have a question. What is the implication of travelling 2 months after getting approval? Am I delaying anything ?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 9:36pm On Jul 25, 2019
mekusa10:
So I have a question. What is the implication of travelling 2 months after getting approval? Am I delaying anything ?
There's no implication as long as your passport is still valid and your K1 visa is valid. On entry into the States, you'll have 90 days to get married to your fiance.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 11:00pm On Jul 25, 2019
LegitBachelor:
There's no implication as long as your passport is still valid and your K1 visa is valid. On entry into the States, you'll have 90 days to get married to your fiance.
Okay bro thanks. What of the validity of the medicals or police report? Do they still play anything as long as visa has been received?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 11:22pm On Jul 25, 2019
mekusa10:

Okay bro thanks. What of the validity of the medicals or police report? Do they still play anything as long as visa has been received?

Note, once you get your visa in hand, your medical records are tied to it. In short, your visa starts counting from the day of your medicals. Police records are valid for one year and medicals 6 months I think.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 11:22pm On Jul 25, 2019
sharpman1:
Guys,

9. Where is his mother?

You will get a positive response soon bro. Did you the ceac website yet? Wish you good luck bro!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 11:24pm On Jul 25, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Update on my Texas Drivers License

I went to renew my Drivers License and it went well. My license wasnt renewed at the spot because I don't have greencard or workpermit. However they requested for my NOA1 for the pending AOS application and said they'll get back to me in a weeks time.

So what they will do is verify my documents and if okay will send me a mail confirming my successful verification. Then I will use that mail when going to the Drivers License office to get a new License. It should be valid for one year. Will update you guys.

Nice one bro. Applied for ssn since July 3, we never see their break light. I am thinking of going back to their office to check. Account and insurance opened tho. Hope your day is going smoothly.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 11:48pm On Jul 25, 2019
mekusa10:

Your Visa validity is tied to the validity of the Medical Report just as Drenimarcus said. Thus once you get your Visa, you don't need to bother about the validity of the Medical Report. Just ensure you get to the States before the Visa expires. The validity of the Police Clearance is for one year just as Drenimarcus said so you shouldn't worry much about it since one year is quite long.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 11:50pm On Jul 25, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Nice one bro. Applied for ssn since July 3, we never see their break light. I am thinking of going back to their office to check. Account and insurance opened tho. Hope your day is going smoothly.
You can follow it up using the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (save) program casecheck. This is the link:

https://save.uscis.gov/CaseCheck/

You'll need to type in your Passport Number and Date of Birth, I think.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.