Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (430678 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 5:35pm On Oct 16, 2019
Glorioussugar:

Please what happens if I reschedule?

I think you should focus on getting a date first. Why bother about rescheduling when you don't even have a date yet.

What is important is to get a date as soon as you can.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2019
Glorioussugar:

It's dangerous to reschedule if your expiry date is close. This is because it involves cancelling the date you have and looking for another date and you might not get another date immediately after you cancel.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 5:46pm On Oct 16, 2019
Congrats @anjiee. We give God all the praise.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 5:49pm On Oct 16, 2019
anjiee:
Hi guys,

I was approved yesterday #to God be the Glory.

#AQuickThrowback

My petition was approved April 2nd, 2019. May 14th, We got a mail that our case was sent to nigeria embassy of which we waited patiently and got my packet-4 July 14th, 2019. So upon reading this thread, I got to know that petition expires and we realised it was to expire August 1, 2019.

I completed my DS 160 form and was awaiting the nearest date since July 30th, kept seeing "No available date". Finally got one for OCT 15th. Upon reading I decided to go for my med test September 30th(monday) two weeks before the interview, only for me to find out that my passport wouldnt be valid for the process (It is to expire mid march next year). I was so angry, and I kept thinking if only I got an earlier date, this wudnt have happened.

And not to focus on the problem, but solution; It means I must get a new passport on or before OCT 3(thursday) to do my medicals, (oh my that will be in three days time, I said to myself) and this is because med result comes out after 7 working days which will fall on Oct 14 a day to my interview (Oct 15).

But mehn, Eventually, I got my passport on wednesday, went for the medical on thursday, picked up the med result oct 14 and prayed that I get favoured the next day. Meanwhile, I was a bit worried because I have a new Passport number.

EVERYTHING TURNED OUT GOOD. I AM TO PICK MY PASSPORT AND VISA IN TWO WEEKS TIME.

#IWouldShareMyTranscriptSoon.

Many thanks to @legitBachelor, @djfrancis, @sharpman1 @drenimarcus @abisolaarshow @sukey and every other persons I forgot to mention.#Gracias.

Congratulations sis.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 5:49pm On Oct 16, 2019
anjiee:
Hi guys,

Congratulations. Thank God.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2019
Glorioussugar:

You have been told severally to pick a date. Stick to that. angry sad angry sad angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 6:46pm On Oct 16, 2019
@glorioussugar
Pick a date when your portal reopens and stick to it.However,contrary to what legitbachelor said,you don’t have to cancel your date and wait for a date to pop up before you reschedule,there’s the cancel option and there’s the reschedule option on your portal but considering the level of your paranoia now,you should stick to whatever date you get,and last I checked which was around 2 today,the 23rd of dec is the only available day and that’s if it’s not picked before Friday.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2019
anjiee:
Hi guys,

#AQuickThrowback

My petition was approved April 2nd, 2019. May 14th, We got a mail that our case was sent to nigeria embassy of which we waited patiently and got my packet-4 July 14th, 2019. So upon reading this thread, I got to know that petition expires and we realised it was to expire August 1, 2019.

I completed my DS 160 form and was awaiting the nearest date since July 30th, kept seeing "No available date". Finally got one for OCT 15th. Upon reading I decided to go for my med test September 30th(monday) two weeks before the interview, only for me to find out that my passport wouldnt be valid for the process (It is to expire mid march next year). I was so angry, and I kept thinking if only I got an earlier date, this wudnt have happened.

And not to focus on the problem, but solution; It means I must get a new passport on or before OCT 3(thursday) to do my medicals, (oh my that will be in three days time, I said to myself) and this is because med result comes out after 7 working days which will fall on Oct 14 a day to my interview (Oct 15).

But mehn, Eventually, I got my passport on wednesday, went for the medical on thursday, picked up the med result oct 14 and prayed that I get favoured the next day. Meanwhile, I was a bit worried because I have a new Passport number.

EVERYTHING TURNED OUT GOOD. I AM TO PICK MY PASSPORT AND VISA IN TWO WEEKS TIME.

Many thanks to @legitBachelor, @djfrancis, @sharpman1 @drenimarcus @abisolaarshow @sukey and every other persons I forgot to mention.#Gracias.

Congrats,God’s blessings always
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 7:56pm On Oct 16, 2019
Sukey:
@glorioussugar
Pick a date when your portal reopens and stick to it.However,contrary to what legitbachelor said,you don’t have to cancel your date and wait for a date to pop up before you reschedule,there’s the cancel option and there’s the reschedule option on your portal but considering the level of your paranoia now,you should stick to whatever date you get,and last I checked which was around 2 today,the 23rd of dec is the only available day and that’s if it’s not picked before Friday.
Yes that's true. Another thing I will like to add is that one can only reschedule or cancel twice. After the second reschedule, the option is no longer possible.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Omokaba2019(m): 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2019
anjiee:
Hi guys,

#AQuickThrowback

Congrats sis.Help us with the transcript of your interview questions. Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 8:08pm On Oct 16, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Yes that's true. Another thing I will like to add is that one can only reschedule or cancel twice. After the second reschedule, the option is no longer possible.

Yes you’re right.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 8:38pm On Oct 16, 2019
Petition was filed on October 8th 2019 and we just got our NOA 1 now

I'm so happy! Please what do i do at this stage? Y'all know I'm the last born of thread, so gently guide, direct and pet me ooooo

Cc: legitbachelor, djfrancis, drenimarcus, select500 and sharpman.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 8:39pm On Oct 16, 2019
Treasureprince1:
Petition was filed on October 8th 2019 and we just got our NOA 1 now

I'm so happy! Please what do i do at this stage? Y'all know I'm the last born of thread, so gently guide, direct and pet me ooooo

Cc: legitbachelor, djfrancis, drenimarcus, select500 and sharpman.

Nothing to do at this point than to wait.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 8:45pm On Oct 16, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Nothing to do at this point than to wait.
alright baba! I wish everyone on this journey divine speed!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 8:57pm On Oct 16, 2019
LegitBachelor:

I’ll sure pick a date when it opens. I know @abisola changed her date from oct 31 to September 20. That’s why I asked. I’ll pick the December, and then keep checking, if I’ll see a closer date.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 8:58pm On Oct 16, 2019
anjiee:
Hi guys,

#AQuickThrowback

Congratulations. May God see all of us through.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 9:36pm On Oct 16, 2019
Glorioussugar:

I’ll sure pick a date when it opens. I know @abisola changed her date from oct 31 to September 20. That’s why I asked. I’ll pick the December, and then keep checking, if I’ll see a closer date.

Yeah,and I think I asked her how she did it but she didn’t respond,I’ve also been checking every midnight for the Past 3 weeks to see if I’ll get an earlier date but no luck so I’ve Stuck to the date that I have for now.you should probably consider using the check4change thing in your case sha
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2019
Before trump became president the rate of fiance K1 visa was 90% now it has drop to 66% since trump has been in the office. Please o with the way trump is tightening immigration which route is advisable for a Nigerian to take and be 90% present sure you'll get a visa FIANCE K1 VISA or SPOUSE VISA?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anjiee(f): 7:05am On Oct 17, 2019
Omokaba2019:
Congrats sis.Help us with the transcript of your interview questions. Thanks

CO: who is the petitioner for you?
CO: His name please?
CO: what city are you going to?
CO: how long have you known him
CO: oh okay, so how long have you been dating?
CO: How many times has he come visiting?
CO;: what year n what month.
CO: so he proposed October 2017, then why did he come December same year?
Me: I initially didn't get his question, he asked again.
CO: what did you say again he came to do dat December
Me: this got me, cos I know my fiance didn't send our introduction pictures to them, but I think they found out smhow. Prob Facebook profile or other social media profile and was waiting for me to lie any it. So I replied, well he came for our introduction. (Here, was scared I mentioned the intro thingy, cos I could be disqualified, but then I had to just say the truth, it was just his family meeting mine, n truly no bride price was paid.) I was about bringing out my affidavit of spinsterhood, wen he asked d next question.
CO: so why didn't you guys plan your wedding after then.
CO: so why are you getting married in US.
CO: how many people would you be inviting.
CO: share with me your wedding plans.
CO: this his tax return is ********(didn't get what he said), he later said oh I get it now.
CO: thats fine, I would be approving your visa, you would have to pick up in two weeks at dhl office located .........

# just be composed. Answer all questions, just flow with the CO, when u don't understand his question, ask again, so you won't be aswering wrong. Cos all u say is being inputted into their computer.

Funny enough he didnt request for my call logs n other supporting documents.

Wish the rest of us good luck.

#gracias

5 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 10:01am On Oct 17, 2019
anjiee:

Me: this got me, cos I know my fiance didn't send our introduction pictures to them, but I think they found out smhow. Prob Facebook profile or other social media profile and was waiting for me to lie any it. So I replied, well he came for our introduction. (Here, was scared I mentioned the intro thingy, cos I could be disqualified, but then I had to just say the truth, it was just his family meeting mine, n truly no bride price was paid.) I was about bringing out my affidavit of spinsterhood, wen he asked d next question.
CO: this his tax return is ********(didn't get what he said), he later said oh I get it now.
CO: thats fine, I would be approving your visa, you would have to pick up in two weeks at dhl office located .........

# just be composed. Answer all questions, just flow with the CO, when u don't understand his question, ask again, so you won't be aswering wrong. Cos all u say is being inputted into their computer.

#gracias

So why didn’t you guys plan your wedding after then?
So why are you getting married in the us?
Share with me your wedding plans?
Share with me your wedding plans? Do you guys have a tentative plan at hand?if yes,do you mind sharing please

How did you answer these questions ma’am?

Because now I’m getting paranoid,so cos of family pressure and all,we had to do our traditional engagement and my fiancée had to come to Nigeria in March and it was a very big one to be honest,it went from just inviting family members only to more than 1000 people coming and we were very specific about it even in the invitation that it was just traditional engagement but people were printing ‘happy married life’ souvenirs here and there and there was nothing we could do about it,we made sure that no bride price was paid as well so my question is what do you think I should do and would a certificate of bachelorhood help my case?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Attraction: 10:25am On Oct 17, 2019
Pls got a mail from NVC Oct 15th with case number that our case has been forwarded to Lagos embassy . Pls what do I do? The case expires in December 24th. Should I pay for visa fees and try getting appointment in December before it expires?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Omokaba2019(m): 12:21pm On Oct 17, 2019
anjiee:

#gracias
Thanks for this insight .I think one should be ready for any question cos those people are also doing their background findings.Congrats once sis.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 12:25pm On Oct 17, 2019
anjiee:
Hi guys,

#AQuickThrowback

@anjiee,

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2019
Justice96:
Before trump became president the rate of fiance K1 visa was 90% now it has drop to 66% since trump has been in the office. Please o with the way trump is tightening immigration which route is advisable for a Nigerian to take and be 90% present sure you'll get a visa FIANCE K1 VISA or SPOUSE VISA?
Don't worry about Trump. As long as your love is real, nothing else matters.

The difference between Fiancee and Spouse visa is that Fiance will make you be with your wife within a shorter timeframe while Spouse visa will make you get your greencard within a shorter timeframe. So you guys should decide what's best for both of you.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:05pm On Oct 17, 2019
Attraction:
Pls got a mail from NVC Oct 15th with case number that our case has been forwarded to Lagos embassy . Pls what do I do? The case expires in December 24th. Should I pay for visa fees and try getting appointment in December before it expires?
Click this link to see my earlier response:
https://www.nairaland.com/4800968/usa-fiancee-k1-visa-thread/59#82150931

An excerpt of my response can be seen here:
Legitbachelor:
Just track your K1 casefile with the US Embassy to be sure its with them and that its ready to be scheduled for interview (it may take up to a month before NVC sends your casefile to the Embassy). Then send an email to the Embassy requesting confirmation and a go-ahead to schedule an interview (it may take a week to get the go-ahead from the Embassy). Once you get the go-ahead from the Embassy, make necessary payments at gtbank (you can use photocopy of your passport at the bank), fill the DS160 form and then check for interview dates.

You can also click on this link to see my comment on how to track your casefile: https://www.nairaland.com/4800968/usa-fiancee-k1-visa-thread/48#81044999

So basically, the embassy advices you track your casefile and only make payments and schedule your visa interview once you get the go ahead from the embassy. However some people do go ahead and schedule an appointment even before getting the go ahead. Thats a risk to take but many people take the risk (the worse that could happen will be to loose the visa fee, I think) but I wouldn't take such risk.

PS: Have you gotten your passport back from the SA guys?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 17, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Don't worry about Trump. As long as your love is real, nothing else matters.

The difference between Fiancee and Spouse visa is that Fiance will make you be with your wife within a shorter timeframe while Spouse visa will make you get your greencard within a shorter timeframe. So you guys should decide what's best for both of you.

Thank you baba
Yes our love is real o she's 42 I'm 36 she came to visit me in Senegal some months ago this year and we spent 2 weeks together, the plan was she'll return for a second visit for marriage but now because of financial strains she's changing her mind to file for Fiance visa.....she's planning to see her lawyer so he can advise her what's best for us. The truth is most of my guys i knew here that travelled all use the spousal route
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2019
Justice96:

Thank you baba
Yes our love is real o she's 42 I'm 36 she came to visit me in Senegal some months ago this year and we spent 2 weeks together, the plan was she'll return for a second visit for marriage but now because of financial strains she's changing her mind to file for Fiance visa.....she's planning to see her lawyer so he can advise her what's best for us. The truth is most of my guys i knew here that travelled all use the spousal route
Both Spousal and Fiance route are expensive. In fact, the Fiance route is slightly more expensive when you add all the fees that will be paid down the road.

Also note that your woman must earn a salary above 125% of the Federal Poverty Guideline for her to be able to petition for you, whether it's Fiance or Spousal.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:32pm On Oct 17, 2019
Thanks so much @anjiee for the Transcript. Can you tell us how you resolved the change of passport number issue? Did you fill a new DS160 or did you email ustraveldocs or did you just go for the interview with both passports?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Attraction: 3:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
I have not ooo and it worries me. I tracked it and it's still with them. And it's November 14th I filled will be going on vacation. Let me just patiently wait. What do you think?

LegitBachelor:
Click this link to see my earlier response:
https://www.nairaland.com/4800968/usa-fiancee-k1-visa-thread/59#82150931

An excerpt of my response can be seen here:

You can also click on this link to see my comment on how to track your casefile: https://www.nairaland.com/4800968/usa-fiancee-k1-visa-thread/48#81044999

So basically, the embassy advices you track your casefile and only make payments and schedule your visa interview once you get the go ahead from the embassy. However some people do go ahead and schedule an appointment even before getting the go ahead. Thats a risk to take but many people take the risk (the worse that could happen will be to loose the visa fee, I think) but I wouldn't take such risk.

PS: Have you gotten your passport back from the SA guys?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:16pm On Oct 17, 2019
Attraction:
I have not ooo and it worries me. I tracked it and it's still with them. And it's November 14th I filled will be going on vacation. Let me just patiently wait. What do you think?

Yes you can wait. Your k1 visa interview date might not even be possible this year anyways.

However I advice you should be proactive with the us embassy guys concerning your casefile. Keep tracking it on the website I had provided earlier. Once it says your casefile is READY, you can do an email to the us embassy (LagosIV@state.gov) requesting your Packet. Once you get the go ahead from them (hopefully you'll get the go ahead before your casefile expiry date), you can then schedule the earliest available date which most probably will be around January or February.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Both Spousal and Fiance route are expensive. In fact, the Fiance route is slightly more expensive when you add all the fees that will be paid down the road.

Also note that your woman must earn a salary above 125% of the Federal Poverty Guideline for her to be able to petition for you, whether it's Fiance or Spousal.

Yes she earns above 125%

Thanks boss
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by blazerichy: 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
Hi LegitBachelor, I hope you are doing great over there. So I have filled out the DS-160 form and also printed out my confirmation page but like i said my AA number is different from what I have on my appointment letter. That's where I am now . So at this stage do I call the Lagos embassy for them to rectify the number issue on their system so when I am going its already settled up ?
LegitBachelor:
No you are getting it all wrong. Fill a new DS160 form. Don't retrieve any old application. After submitting a newly filled DS160 form, you'll get a new confirmation number. That's the number you will then use to schedule an appointment. So my advice is for you to first go and fill a brand new DS160 form. Let me know when you are done.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.