Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (430803 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2019
Sukey:

So why didn’t you guys plan your wedding after then?
So why are you getting married in the us?
Share with me your wedding plans?
Share with me your wedding plans? Do you guys have a tentative plan at hand?if yes,do you mind sharing please

How did you answer these questions ma’am?

Because now I’m getting paranoid,so cos of family pressure and all,we had to do our traditional engagement and my fiancée had to come to Nigeria in March and it was a very big one to be honest,it went from just inviting family members only to more than 1000 people coming and we were very specific about it even in the invitation that it was just traditional engagement but people were printing ‘happy married life’ souvenirs here and there and there was nothing we could do about it,we made sure that no bride price was paid as well so my question is what do you think I should do and would a certificate of bachelorhood help my case?

@legitbachelor,what do you think,please give me advice
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2019
blazerichy:
Hi LegitBachelor, I hope you are doing great over there. So I have filled out the DS-160 form and also printed out my confirmation page but like i said my AA number is different from what I have on my appointment letter. That's where I am now . So at this stage do I call the Lagos embassy for them to rectify the number issue on their system so when I am going its already settled up ?

Yes. call the customer service number and tell them your situation. They should make the correction and send another appointment letter to your email.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 6:33pm On Oct 17, 2019
Sukey:

So why didn’t you guys plan your wedding after then?
So why are you getting married in the us?
Share with me your wedding plans?
Share with me your wedding plans? Do you guys have a tentative plan at hand?if yes,do you mind sharing please

How did you answer these questions ma’am?

Because now I’m getting paranoid,so cos of family pressure and all,we had to do our traditional engagement and my fiancée had to come to Nigeria in March and it was a very big one to be honest,it went from just inviting family members only to more than 1000 people coming and we were very specific about it even in the invitation that it was just traditional engagement but people were printing ‘happy married life’ souvenirs here and there and there was nothing we could do about it,we made sure that no bride price was paid as well so my question is what do you think I should do and would a certificate of bachelorhood help my case?

Just answer the questions truthfully if asked.

For example.....i expect that you know why you did not plan your wedding after your fiance came to Nigeria.

Also.....i expect you know why you are getting married in the US and you know what your own wedding plans are......no one can answer that for you. Everyone's circumstance is different and we should watch out for contradictions in the answers we give.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 7:28pm On Oct 17, 2019
Sukey:

@legitbachelor,what do you think,please give me advice
Just like Sharpman1 said, be truthful and be confident. As long as you are saying the truth you have nothing to fear.

The evidence that proves you guys are not married can help. You can get written letter from your parents and your woman's parents that no bride price was paid. You can also get the bacherlorhood certificate, if you can. All these is just to prove your case.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 17, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Don't worry about Trump. As long as your love is real, nothing else matters.

The difference between Fiancee and Spouse visa is that Fiance will make you be with your wife within a shorter timeframe while Spouse visa will make you get your greencard within a shorter timeframe. So you guys should decide what's best for both of you.

Boss LegitBachelor
I did not engage my woman when she visited me. is it compulsory that I engage her before i file for K1 visa? Will it reduce my chance of getting a visa
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2019
sharpman1:

Just answer the questions truthfully if asked.

For example.....i expect that you know why you did not plan your wedding after your fiance came to Nigeria.

Also.....i expect you know why you are getting married in the US and you know what your own wedding plans are......no one can answer that for you. Everyone's circumstance is different and we should watch out for contradictions in the answers we give.

Not those questions bro,I’m talking about the bachelorhood certificate thing,I just didn’t know how to remove that part when I was going to ask the question
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 8:50pm On Oct 17, 2019
Sukey:

Not those questions bro,I’m talking about the bachelorhood certificate thing,I just didn’t know how to remove that part when I was going to ask the question

Okay. Just go with anything that proves you are single.......but don't go with any traditional engagement pictures.
The bachelorhood certificate will be helpful.....you can ask how to obtain it.....but make sure you obtain from the original source.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 9:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
Just a word of advice to everyone:

If you need to submit any document.....birth certificate, divorce certificate, marriage certificate, etc.....please ensure you obtain the document by yourself and ensure that it is the original. If you did not obtain it by yourself find a way to verify its authenticity if that is possible.

I have a dear friend that submitted the divorce certificate obtained from his ex-wife. They have been divorced for a while (over 5 years) and his ex-wife has moved on and remarried but he did not really participate in the divorce proceedings so got the divorce documents from his wife.

He submitted all for his K1 petition which was approved and also took the original divorce certificate for his interview. After the interview, additional documents were requested for which he submitted. After waiting for a long time without any response from the consulate, his fiance got her senator involved to ask what was causing the delay.

The consulate responded that the divorce certificate he submitted is a counterfeit and as such they denied his visa.

So please ensure you obtain your documents (divorce certificate, police report, etc) yourself and from the right place.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 10:37pm On Oct 17, 2019
Please who in the house knows where I can get the original bachelorhood certificate,@legitbachelor,I recollect that you talked about it sometime but I’m not to sure when so can you please send me the link to when you talked about it.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ajibade16: 7:31am On Oct 18, 2019
My K1 visa was approved some days back but my case status changed from ready to application recieved when will the visa be ready to be issued ?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by capello1: 7:47am On Oct 18, 2019
Ajibade16:
My K1 visa was approved some days back but my case status changed from ready to application recieved when will the visa be ready to be issued ?

Just be patient, it could change to issued next week.When did the CO tell u your visa would be ready for pick up? pls can u share your interview experience to help others behind u. Thank u
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ajibade16: 7:55am On Oct 18, 2019
capello1:

Just be patient, it could change to issued next week.When did the CO tell u your visa would be ready for pick up? pls can u share your interview experience to help others behind u. Thank u
He said it will be ready for pick up in 2 weeks .He basically asked me many questions about the petitioner (my fiancee).You have to know the dates of her arrival and exit into the country,he asked about places we've been to,where I met her,her work place and where she had worked previously and many more which I really do not remember .Though I have been denied B1B2 twice and it really do not have effect on my K1 visa issuance ..I think the only time it might affect your K1 application is when you tell lies in your previous visa applications

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 12:36pm On Oct 18, 2019
@glorioussugar,has your portal been opened and have you been able to get an appointment date?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 12:52pm On Oct 18, 2019
Sukey:
@glorioussugar,has your portal been opened and have you been able to get an appointment date?

It has opened. But I’m not seeing any date
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 18, 2019
Glorioussugar:

It has opened. But I’m not seeing any date

Be patient dates open up at any time. But be careful so you don't get locked out again. you can give a space of 2-3hr for every check
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2019
nelem:

Be patient dates open up at any time. But be careful so you don't get locked out again. you can give a space of 2-3hr for every check

I think you can only check 4 times in 24 hours so be careful not to get locked out again and yes,the December dates are filled up so January will probably come out soon and maybe an earlier date would pop up too.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Attraction: 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2019
Thank you Legit

LegitBachelor:
Yes you can wait. Your k1 visa interview date might not even be possible this year anyways.

However I advice you should be proactive with the us embassy guys concerning your casefile. Keep tracking it on the website I had provided earlier. Once it says your casefile is READY, you can do an email to the us embassy (LagosIV@state.gov) requesting your Packet. Once you get the go ahead from them (hopefully you'll get the go ahead before your casefile expiry date), you can then schedule the earliest available date which most probably will be around January or February.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:19pm On Oct 18, 2019
Justice96:

Boss LegitBachelor
I did not engage my woman when she visited me. is it compulsory that I engage her before i file for K1 visa? Will it reduce my chance of getting a visa
No it's not compulsory.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:34pm On Oct 18, 2019
Sukey:
Please who in the house knows where I can get the original bachelorhood certificate,@legitbachelor,I recollect that you talked about it sometime but I’m not to sure when so can you please send me the link to when you talked about it.
I did mine in the Local Government office close to where I lived. I also learnt it can be done at the Ikoyi Marriage Registry.

It costs around 15 to 20K, I think, to get It done at the Local Government Office. I was told it could get close to 40K at the Ikoyi Marriage Registry.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2019
LegitBachelor:
I did mine in the Local Government office close to where I lived. I also learnt it can be done at the Ikoyi Marriage Registry.

Do it at the local government close to you. Mainlandnis cheaper. Ikoyi is expensive . Did mine for 10k at Surulere

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2019
Sukey:

I think you can only check 4 times in 24 hours so be careful not to get locked out again and yes,the December dates are filled up so January will probably come out soon and maybe an earlier date would pop up too.

Please what’s that app again? That I can also use to check?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 3:39pm On Oct 18, 2019
Glorioussugar:

Do it at the local government close to you. Mainlandnis cheaper. Ikoyi is expensive . Did mine for 10k at Surulere

I don’t stay in Lagos,can I still get it done anywhere or it’s just lagos?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:41pm On Oct 18, 2019
Glorioussugar:

LegitBachelor:
In addition to what I posted earlier, there's also another way in which you can monitor your portal homepage without having to go to the appointment page and thus exceeding the maximum number of allowed visits.

It's called check4change and it's recommended to use the app with Mozilla Firefox.

Check out this video as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43bfL6c1Xho

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:44pm On Oct 18, 2019
Sukey:

I don’t stay in Lagos,can I still get it done anywhere or it’s just lagos?
If you want to do it with a Local Government, I think it makes sense to do it in the local government close to where you reside. This is because they are in a better position to attest that you are single since you reside close to them. However if you want to do it with a marriage registry, then I'll recommend the Ikoyi Registry as they have good relationship with the embassy thus they can easily be contacted by the embassy to verify your document.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2019
LegitBachelor:

I can’t use my phone to do this?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2019
Glorioussugar:

Check4change app,it’s not that simple to use,go to youtube to check on how to use it,your computer also had to be connected to the internet all the time for you to be updated
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 4:22pm On Oct 18, 2019
Glorioussugar:

I can’t use my phone to do this?
No. I don't think you can use your phone. Its only done on the computer. Your computer needs to be always on and connected to the internet. Also your ustraveldocs portal page should not be closed.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 4:31pm On Oct 18, 2019
Sukey:

Check4change app,it’s not that simple to use,go to youtube to check on how to use it,your computer also had to be connected to the internet all the time for you to be updated

I can’t use it with my phone
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2019
Please does this mean there is no date? Or the calendar is not opened on my profile?

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 9:46pm On Oct 18, 2019
Glorioussugar:
Please does this mean there is no date? Or the calendar is not opened on my profile?

Stop checking dates out for now, they are about to lock you out again. Check again by 12am
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2019
Glorioussugar:
Yes. And just as Drenimarcus advised, don't check for dates again until after 12 midnight.

The next time you visit your ustraveldocs portal, I advice not to click on the New Application/ Schedule Appointment link until you see a date. For more guidance on this, see my previous post on this here: https://www.nairaland.com/4800968/usa-fiancee-k1-visa-thread/47#80809392
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 10:17pm On Oct 18, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Stop checking dates out for now, they are about to lock you out again. Check again by 12am

Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.