Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,435 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! (29510 Views)

Sallah: NATCOM DG, Dr. Baba Mohammed Felicitates With Nigerians / New Year: NATCOM Boss Felicitates With Nigerians / Best Places To Generally Meet Girls In Lahore & Dating Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Promise47(m): 9:58am On Oct 22, 2018
this is Nigeria every body na criminal that is Nigeria for you
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Promise47(m): 10:00am On Oct 22, 2018
bleam the leaders no body Else
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Sammyblaq(m): 10:00am On Oct 22, 2018
Nice topic.

A matured man entered a big clean compound, ordered for table water and he got it served by a steward on a tray.

Do you know what, after gulping the water off the can he dropped it right there on the floor.

For my mind, the kind slap i give the man eh... En vomit the water

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Shelumiel: 10:09am On Oct 22, 2018
lexy2014:

D politicians that steal what are they stealing? Is it private property they are stealing?
Then also answer this question: "Did u also bother 2 find out d background of d corpers?"
Sir , you have not answered my question: I said "how many rich people steal public property? " Can you give us the figures? Does the figure exceed those of poor people ?
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Shelumiel: 10:10am On Oct 22, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Yes. Go and look at the stats on Niger. You think Nigeria is the worst when it comes to poverty?
Nigeria just ousted India o. Check well
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by fratermathy(m): 10:15am On Oct 22, 2018
Investorbj:
This is the problem with Nigeria.. am sure biafra won't be like this....

I guess Biafra will be peopled by Canadians.

4 Likes

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Jaqenhghar: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2018
Shelumiel:
Nigeria just ousted India o. Check well
Stay with me nah brother. I am talking of Niger you are talking of India. I have never been to India. I know theu have some worrisome human indices bit Im not sure of their poverty levels
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by sarcasticdude(m): 10:19am On Oct 22, 2018
Offpoint:
In Cardi voice "I like it like that" grin

I don't comment on things I'm guilty of... we are all guilty one way or the other and the sad truth is....... that's how it's gonna be forever. We Nigerians are adamant by nature.

Tell a Nigerian not to dump refuse at the wrong places and he/she will feel offended and give you the "Na your papa get the place? abi wetin concern you? " attitude.
We are not going anywhere, that's how it's gonna be forever.
Correct an elderly man and you'll get the "Do you know who I am? attitude"

we are in for very lonnnng time.

Spoken like a true nigerian and not like those pretenders up there

U real bro
I respect that
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by osita76(m): 10:22am On Oct 22, 2018
daveP:

By May Ebute

https://thenews-chronicle.com/there-is-something-wrong-with-nigerians/

Don't you agree? Seems we need the military strong arm again!!?

what an impressive piece

1 Like

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Shelumiel: 10:24am On Oct 22, 2018
Reference:

Are there no blocked drains in Victoria Island, or in Maitama Abuja, yes or no. Are there no bad, misused, abused toilets at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (you cannot travel abroad without at least a half million naira investmment)....and on and on.

On the other hand I am privileged to visit rural communities from time to time and in some you can actually see the scorch marks of constant sweeping and can not find a single fallen leaf thoughtless of trash. Some of these folks get by subsistence agric and see selling a bunch of plantains every market day an achievement. There you will see transformers and street lights failing not from frequent vandal visitation but the opposite (absolute neglect).

You simply cannot lump poverty and crime or vices in the same pot as a brew society must drink to. It is a false narrative my man. There are rich vandals, there are poor vandals. There are rich thieves, there are poor thieves. There are rich miscreants, as there are poor miscreants. The underlying factor is an atmosphere of responsibility or the lack of it that causes society to prosper or decay.
Sir , I am sorry to say but you are yet to travel . It is on record that there are more slums in rural areas than there are in urban centres. It is also a known that the rich do not dwell in rural areas ; they live in urban centres and when compared , the dirty dwellings of the poor outnumber the dirty dwellings of the rich .
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by 2019elections: 10:25am On Oct 22, 2018
sCun:
Are you saying the South west is more educated than the South east? Where did you get your statistics from?
The south east has the highest literacy level in Nigeria

Yes bro. Meanwhile, literacy level is different from intelligence level. In general, SW has more literacy level but SE are more intelligent.

Education is a measurement of literacy.

Literacy is the ability to read and write.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by okalo(m): 10:30am On Oct 22, 2018
*OUR ECONOMY IS GOING DIGITAL*

Imagine making over 10k daily in the comfort of your homes as hundreds and thousands of people recharge airtime cable, data, electricity, pay for WAEC, UTME, NECO through VTU. And surprisingly u are *not* even the one selling to them.
Contact me for more info

https:///send?phone=2347059902287
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Boss13: 10:31am On Oct 22, 2018
Nothing is wrong with Nigerians. What the OP listed are the effects of bad policing. Situations where the citizenry are aware that their actions warrant certain circumstances, they would have no other choices than to comply with the intended rules or applicable laws.
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Broadenyourhori: 10:32am On Oct 22, 2018
Famzer:

In life it's what you focus on that expands,there is nothing strange about having deviants in a society. If you study sociology you would have been taught.Some months back,British teenagers were sneaking out of UK to join ISIS and the whole world was shocked with repeated school and public shooting massacres in the US.
In that same Jos,an imam provided safe haven for Christians during religious skirmishes. The same Nigeria defeated recession while countries filled with angels like Greece and Venezuela couldn't. This is the Nigeria that's the biggest economy in Africa and trudging on despite our flaws. Instead of lamenting and displaying subtle subterfuge,why don't you pick one area of our national problems as a university graduate and dedicate your best towards solving that problem. You will then have a basis to mobilize others. True leaders don't lament,they face challenges head long and never stop until they overcome the problem.
Finally,when the naysayers say there's casting down,I will say there's a lifting up.

This is exactly what the first writer meant.... something is wrong with Nigerians. How can you handle problems if you do not highlight and talk about it? There was no need for a counter-response from you. You talk about coming out of recession etc, but the writer addressed individual issues. Maybe you need to read where he mentioned that the government provided bins, made streetlights, traffic lights and even built a bridge. Our attitude as individuals must change - starting with you! Period!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by somehow: 10:34am On Oct 22, 2018
Poverty even in our high commission in the UK?
Shelumiel:
From what I have read , everything being said here dwindles down to poverty. The poverty in Nigeria is something worrisome

1 Like

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by somehow: 10:36am On Oct 22, 2018
What's this one saying?
winj3:

Nigerians have two options, recolonization (this time by China) or revolution - Nigerians are too cowardly to revolt so the first is the only option.
The problem of Nigeria lay squarely on the citizens, they are easily the worst quality citizens in the world!
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Oreofepeters: 10:36am On Oct 22, 2018
I don't see any change happening soon, as long as the nation is occupied by the blacks, it can never be better than this...
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by lexy2014: 10:36am On Oct 22, 2018
Shelumiel:
Sir , you have not answered my question: I said "how many rich people steal public property? " Can you give us the figures? Does the figure exceed those of poor people ?

Neither have u. I asked u did u find out about d background of d corpers in question? I don't no how many rich people steal public property doesn't change d fact that rich people steal. Do u no how many poor people steal? Do u have d figures?
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by sCun: 10:39am On Oct 22, 2018
2019elections:

Yes bro. Meanwhile, illiteracy level is different from intelligence level. In general, SW has more illiteracy level but SE are more intelligent.

Education is a measurement of literacy.

Literacy is the ability to read and write.
No need to argue with you further, since you don't even know the difference between literacy level and illiteracy level.

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by somehow: 10:43am On Oct 22, 2018
From the list of those that have typed so far, how many of you is not guilty of any of the aforementioned?

A better Nigeria starts with you and I
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by themanderon: 10:46am On Oct 22, 2018
Its a sad situation. We just seem to be averse to anything good. My lecturer asked us this question a long time ago. He said why is it that an excellent idea that has worked well in other nations seems to fail in this country right from the first day of inception. We had no answer then. For me I don't know if I should say the nation is under a curse cause we just cannot seem to get anything right. Even the ordinary citizens don't help matters in any way.
The sad part is that we glory in our self induced foolishness and never want to do anything right. Go to the north, east, west, and south its all the same story of apathy, greed, corruption, hatred, wickedness and selfishness. smh angry

3 Likes

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by sweetilicious(f): 10:47am On Oct 22, 2018
daveP:

By May Ebute

Nigerians are hungry.A hungry man doesn't reason well till they have satisfied the works in their belly.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Fhowe: 10:57am On Oct 22, 2018
Shelumiel:
Can you be carefree if you are rich ? No. A poor person does not consider himself or the things he does ; he is trying to survive. But this is not so with the rich .
yes you can be rich and carefree (unworried, untroubled, blithe, airy, nonchalant, insouciant) kindly look up the meaning of carefree yourself
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by codslic: 11:00am On Oct 22, 2018
Yes, there is something terribly wrong with Nigerians.
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Fhowe: 11:00am On Oct 22, 2018
Shelumiel:
The example you gave is has no relation to the carefree attitude of the rich. Why ? Because is the job of the government to fix roads ; that is why citizens(both rich and poor) pay taxes to the government.

kindly look up the meaning of carefree and read up my illustration carefully
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by lexy2014: 11:05am On Oct 22, 2018
Shelumiel:
Oga, am still waiting 4 ur figures
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by omenka1: 11:12am On Oct 22, 2018
Best 2018 thread to be moved to fp by a pressumed best mod....not all these 'boobs baring or pre-wedding photoshoot' sh*ts.

4 Likes

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by kozmicity: 11:17am On Oct 22, 2018
daveP:

By May Ebute
Been saying that since 2016

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by 27Pushing30: 11:26am On Oct 22, 2018
daveP:

By May Ebute

All this is even good.

Guy ehn I loose hope for this country when right under or next to a pedestrian bridge on Lekki-Epe Expressway and see people dashing across the road risking their lives night and day.

Like why will a sane person rather run that comfortably walk across to the other side

3 Likes

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by dohyn(m): 11:26am On Oct 22, 2018
Just this morning I spent 2hours on Agege road going to ikeja. Mad traffic. Saw people passing one way and I was so annoyed. On my way back,the traffic was still there but not as bad as in the early hours.
One guy driving Toyota camry(evil spirit) tinted all over was speeding on our lane,flashing hazard light. I just parked on the road facing him and switched off my car.
He started abusing me,idiot,fool,move over. I didn't respond. People on the other side, in traffic,were telling me to let him pass. One man even said "Mr Governor, make he pass na".
3 hawkers left their sales and were begging to go on my way. I eventually left after 20mins. Passing by the guy, he called me bastard and spat at my car.

In all of this,nobody went to meet him to ask him to turn back. No one. Everybody was asking me to just let him pass.

We shout corruption every time but I put it to you that we are our own problem in this country.

6 Likes

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 22, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Oga you are almost touching on the actual problem. Do you know that mo matter how much a Niggerian earns he will still steal. I went for a conference once in abuja. See how they were rushing snacks. The peole rushing these snacks were well placed people some of whom earn big money. Tell me what kind of poverty is that one suffering? That snack at most will not be up to 2k a man who earns something like 500 -800k a month will be rushing.
I swear to God I'm always surprised at such greediness. You'd think these people who fight over electoral campaign rice and few thousand naira are extremely poor. But no, they're just greedy. Most of them can afford those stuffs many times over.

Back then in school, when student union campaigners come around to lecture venues to share pens and cookies, students get into serious brawls struggling to get their share. These students you'd be amazed, have enough cash to purchase the 30 naira pens they're fighting over.

For the same reason you see these politicians not satisfied no matter how much they loot.

It's a catastrophic mentality that's never going to change any time soon.

What a shame.

4 Likes

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!! by omoluka: 11:39am On Oct 22, 2018
nokatakata:
our leaders are extremely useless. if our leaders would do their job, i swear Nigeria will be the best African country to live in...people won't be struggling to travel out. The things are, i don't see any hope for this country. sometimes i wish the british can just come back and colonize us again or some strong country should just bomb the whole of Nigeria and forget we exist. the country is too useless
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Unique Things That Are Common In Lagos / The Big Python We Killed In My Community (IKO NTA) Akwa Ibom (Photos) / INEC Official, Three Other Female Dead Bodies Found In Room In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.