Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,238 members, 7,822,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him (16205 Views)

Reason Why He Hasn't Asked You To Marry Him Yet / LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / Am Deeply In Love With A Guy Who Hasn't Asked Me Out. Do You Think I Need Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by Ally1(f): 10:48am On Sep 12, 2006
Ok, i have been with this guy for like 15 months now. We 've been going steady all this while. He says he's happy with me and I am also happy with him too. But the dude just aint popping the question and am worried.

Some other guys are already asking me to marrying them but i've asked them to wait. I really love this guy am with but I can't wait for him forever can I? What do I do because i don't want to put the marriage pressure on him and at the same time, I want to settle down?
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by Seun(m): 11:03am On Sep 12, 2006
You should have indirectly made it clear from day one that you're the kind of girl that wants marriage. He might not even have considered it seriously. He might be thinking it's not something he should think about yet.

Here's what you should do. Ask him when he plans to get married. Then listen carefully, and say no more. If you listen carefully, you will hear what he has to say and not what you want to hear. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by lioness(f): 11:05am On Sep 12, 2006
My dear Ally1, alot of girls are faced with this kind of situation.
The worse part of it is that, at the end of the day, when u tell the other suitors off, he might just leave you.
Then ur old, single and desperate  undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by Ally1(f): 11:08am On Sep 12, 2006
tnx lioness, tnx seun
am actually thinking of asking him if he wld marry me but i guessed it wld seem too desperate.
i cld ask him when he intends to get married though.
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by thupsie(m): 11:08am On Sep 12, 2006
If i were u i would just be patience with ma self because life is full of misery!
If u rush in u rush out shocked is not as if age is not on ur side any more at least u are still young and agile please wait patiently
And u might not know what he is up to he might be testing ur skills,
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by lioness(f): 11:10am On Sep 12, 2006
@seun,
if she ask's him when he intends to get married and he says nxt month, whats even the assurance that she will be the bride.  Life is a risk but we must take wise risk so i suggest u just ask him if he thinks u guys will end up together.
Hear what he's got to say.
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by favormLord: 11:21am On Sep 12, 2006
I am in the same position my dear i have been with this guy fori had guys then that wanted to marry me on the spot but i was like NO i love this one now see tongue. Now wheni indirectly say marriage he says he want to get this and that b4 thinkin of marg i have no choice but to keep praying

my adv: Ask the guy indirectly about marriage and see what he will say
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by Ynot(m): 11:49am On Sep 12, 2006
Do we have to get married? angry Can't we just live in peace and enjoy our friendship? sad
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by Busta(f): 11:50am On Sep 12, 2006
Simple. The guy ain't just ready for marriage. when he is, he'll pop the big question.
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by Rhea(f): 11:57am On Sep 12, 2006
Seun:

You should have indirectly made it clear from day one that you're the kind of girl that wants marriage. He might not even have considered it seriously. He might be thinking it's not something he should think about yet.

Here's what you should do. Ask him when he plans to get married. Then listen carefully, and say no more. If you listen carefully, you will hear what he has to say and not what you want to hear. Good luck!

Seun has said it all. Enusre he's in his best mood before you throw the question.
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by nico(m): 11:59am On Sep 12, 2006
As the saying goes
Why buy the cow, when u can get the milk for free undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by SweetLola: 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2006
Ally

You just have to discuss it with the man. It doesn't mean you are desperate! . But we get ourselves into a lot of unecessary wahala by simply not communicating.

If you are in a serious relationship, you guys should have a good idea of where you are going , and should have already discussed issues like 'do you want kids' 'how many kids' etc etc informally.

Choose a relaxed moment and ask …when do you see yourself settling down ?. and as Seun said …listen.

As a woman you should know whether or not this man takes you seriously…how does he treat you? . Have you met his family? Do you know his friends? Do you go to church together …or other outings/ family functions?

If its something you are thinking about then you definitely need to discuss it. The answer might not be something you want to hear, but at least you will know!
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by michy(f): 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2006
As a woman you should know whether or not this man takes you seriously…how does he treat you? . Have you met his family? Do you know his friends? Do you go to church together …or other outings/ family functions?

i think what sweetlola said is true.if he doesnt ask u,then ask him
i guess there is no law that says that a guy
should propose first.be bold and ask him.this is
a matter of the heart.if he is not interested,then
u ll know what to do.be fast b4 it is too late.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by dipotepede(m): 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2006
It does not seize to amaze me how ladies leave their happiness in the hands of a man!

A man!

A mere man!

Just because you are emotionally hooked, does not mean you are stupid. Think of it this way;

If you ask the man when he wants to get married and says a day that is not in your preference; so you will just give up. Ha! You need to know what you want and be more assertive.

If his name is Ade.

"Ade, I am a woman and women have limitations like menopause, because of this I want to get married early albeit I love you so much and I am willing to wait for whatever reason. But we must come to an agreement when you want to get married so I can know how long to wait. It will hurt me a lot if you say no but I will understand and move on."

You dont have to follow this verbatim but take the strategy.

You are not the only one in love; he is also in love. This will make him think about things and sought himself out.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by pati(f): 3:27pm On Sep 12, 2006
i agree with seun. When it come to matters like this men need to be pressurized a bit but don't over do it

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by babadee(m): 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2006
Simple, the man aint ready!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by mrmayor(m): 4:00pm On Sep 12, 2006
My people,

What I don't get is why do women insist on the "M"word 2 weeks into the relationship,take a step back and enjoy the moment.What pisses me off is whenever women bring up this issue of non committing boyfriend they always tell you that there are men queuing to marry them.
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by otokx(m): 4:02pm On Sep 12, 2006
which is a lie from the pit of HELL
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by Nutter(m): 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2006
@Ally 1,

Other blokes are asking for your hand and you told them to wait instead of saying no? You sure you want to get married to your fella - or is it that you just want to get married?

otokx:

which is a lie from the pit of HELL

My goodness! That's so funny!
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by iice(f): 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2006
mrmayor:

My people,

What I don't is why do women insist on the "M"word 2 weeks into the relationship,take a step back and enjoy the moment.What pisses me off is whenever women bring up this issue of non committing boyfriend they always tell you that there are men queuing to marry them.

Word!
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by Uche2nna(m): 4:32pm On Sep 12, 2006
Why not ask him to marry you! shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by sammiek1(m): 5:09pm On Sep 12, 2006
just fifteen months and you are already crazy about marrying the guy? Men, allow the guy take his time, marriage is a life time affair oh, not for 15 months. So, relax .

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by Damollar(m): 5:13pm On Sep 12, 2006
Uche2nna:

Why not ask him to marry you! shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

@Ally - look, baby I dear u so much, I can't do with out u, will u marry me?, I will do everything for u to make u happy. I think it sounds all funny. ,

You can ask questions on any topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights but not on this except u r d guy
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by ten(m): 5:45pm On Sep 12, 2006
MARRIAGE. angry. every relationship dosent lead to marriage, you should know the guy, i mean. he his meant to be your boy friend, you should know what he is capable of ,marriage is a life commitment,you had better know what your doing, marriage isnt everythin, getting married aint it,its the aspect of staying married. Good luc sis

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by Uche2nna(m): 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2006
Better still Ask him now grin grin grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by Damollar(m): 6:09pm On Sep 12, 2006
Uche2nna:

Better still Ask him now grin grin grin grin

If i had a sister, she would never listen 2 u
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by Uche2nna(m): 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2006
you can never tell!Sisters tend to have a mind of their own when it comes to mateers of the heart
Anyway wat is wrong if a girl does the proposing.ally obviously loves this guy and just like they say if the mountain does not come to Mohammed then Mohammed can as well go to the mountain.All na de same thing grin grin grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by tochikc: 6:42pm On Sep 12, 2006
please marry ME am READY
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by saintchux(m): 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2006
if you are sure that people are asking your hand in marriage, tell him about it. There is nothing wrong is telling him what is happening around you. For you not to have told him about it untill now seem as if you are hiding something from him.

Please feel free and tell him that people are asking you hands in marriage.
Cheers
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by hotangel2(f): 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2006
Okay sweetie. It's hard to hear, but have you ever thought deeply that maybe he's just not that into you?  

Now you've been dating for a year and 3 months. Do u know his views on marriage? As he ever said things like he'd  love you to be his wife someday? Does he give hints that he'll wanna marry you? Do u know whether or not he's in support of marriage?

I espect that you know all these stuffs. I mean u should have in one time or the other talked about family.

You might already know the answers to this questions, but maybe u are just afraid to admit that dude just aint that into you. If he loves you so much, excuse me but he'll give u hints that he wants you to be his wife someday.

Now u have people already asking you to marry them. WHy not start up a conversation about this 'marriage issue' with your boyfriend? At least know his views on it. He might not be 'ready' to settle down. BUt at least he should let you know that he wants to be the one to marry you.

Don't Threaten him by saying "if you don't wanna marry me, i already have a whole bunch of guys asking for my hand and leg in marriage". Now , that's just wrong.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by dennylove(m): 7:15pm On Sep 12, 2006
ally,remember you are a lady,and AGE is telling on you, if you really LOVE this guy like you ''ve said,then CONFRONT him about the marriage stuff,jst like UHCE2NNA, will say if the mountain does not come to MUHAMMED,let MOHAMMED go to the mountain.so if you know that the guy belong to you,then fight for your POSSESSION.peace. cool cool cool
Re: My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him by Oracle(m): 7:32pm On Sep 12, 2006
It is obvious that he is not ready for marriage, maybe he wants a longer courtship
which is what i'll advice. to me 15 months is too short a time to make a decision that will affect your life forever

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Igbos Don't Like To Marry Yorubas???? / Why is Love so Painful at Times? / 4 S£x Positions That WILL Make Her ¢um

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.