Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC (38809 Views)

Senator Ike Ekweremadu Set for Sentencing May 5th / Senator Ike Ekweremadu Set For Governoship Race Comes 2023 / Fayose's Statement On His Threat To Dump PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by princdebola201(m): 8:38am On Oct 23, 2018
Ikology:

You statement is not correct, DSP is loved so much in his constituency. He has large following in Enugu State. He is already holding the PDP ticket for 2019 election. I can assure that he is not defecting to APC. He might be angry about something, but defecting to APC is not one of them.

Senator Ekweremmadu is no failure!!! Get your facts right. He started awarding scholarships and skills empowerment programme right from his first term. His programs extends to Enugu North Senatorial district, though he is from Enugu west. He has attracted schemes, road construction, etc in Aninri, Greater and Awgu. Not forgetting the road linking Aninri to Ebonyi State.

So don't associate DSP with failure.

Thank you.
names can be substituted no stress yourself too much almighty akpabio defected heaven didnt fall

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by odeligboikwo: 8:42am On Oct 23, 2018
Since pmb sign the executive order to sieze properties gotten illegally he haa to
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by Aghomi83: 8:47am On Oct 23, 2018
Why are greedy people so common in Nigeria?, I used to respect him, but this greed is too bad. That will not stop Atikulation.
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by mechanics(m): 8:50am On Oct 23, 2018
kahal29:
Am beginning to believe this Ekweremadu's defection rumor. At first i thought it was just a ruse but this news has been going on for some time now since last week yet no denial or strong refutal by Ekweremadu's camp or media aides rather they just allowed it to be trending. This, therefore, suggests that there is some element of truth in it cos this was how Akpabio's own also started till it materialized.
you know there is an element of truth in any rumour, so I believe he has made up his mind.
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by mechanics(m): 8:52am On Oct 23, 2018
Saraki won't be happy if he eventually defect to APC he himself defect from, the game had just started, can't wait to see the end of it.
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by maisauki: 8:54am On Oct 23, 2018
sarrki:

Baba nah true

It is real

The coming weeks will Shock a lot of people

2 governors from the east are porting
and dey dont need to rdgister, just carry broom show d world
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by igwefivestar(m): 8:54am On Oct 23, 2018
sarrki:

You are just an online ranter

This are the real guys that makes it happen
thank God u know, but DSP I know will never join force with occultic party. He has no reason to do that.
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by Cheeryfeet: 9:00am On Oct 23, 2018
SpaceTour:
Ekweremmadu is a sore looser. He is worthless in SE. His anger is because a more qualified Peter Obi was chosen as VP ahead of him.

But sentiments aside, he would have been the best option. He has paid his dues, he held strong for the party when all deserted, and chosing him would have solidified the race much stronger. Though this politicians don't care about all that, all they care is their interest

1 Like

Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by Mysselff2: 9:04am On Oct 23, 2018
SpaceTour:
Ekweremmadu is a sore looser. He is worthless in SE. His anger is because a more qualified Peter Obi was chosen as VP ahead of him.

Exactly
The idiot does not realise nobody will offer him the VP slot in APC,so why is he defecting >
SMH for the bloody self-conceited idiot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by Cheeryfeet: 9:07am On Oct 23, 2018
chuckjonesbaba:

The roads in his own village is so messed up. No electricity in some parts..
you people just stay where you are and be talking nonsense. Some body that tarred the road all around him and even extended to Ebonyi State and you are here making noise. Do I blame you. Loosing Ikeoha will be a major oversight for PDP generally and SE if particular. No let me vex for you o

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by Didi2d(m): 9:09am On Oct 23, 2018
Now I truly believe that these politicians are only working for their own selfish interest, they don't care about Nigerians. And it's so funny how we fight ourselves for this billionaire politicians
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by Duru009(m): 9:10am On Oct 23, 2018
This is a political suicide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by GuyfawkesAB(m): 9:18am On Oct 23, 2018
Just a simple act of picking a Vice Presidential Candidate from the South East and then the whole region is stoked in confusion bruhaha!

Dilector appeared suddenly at Jerusalem
SE Governors grumbling that they were not concerned
Ohaneze Youth Forum says they haven't endorsed them...

and then..

Buhari is sponsoring Kanu
Obiano is working for Buhari
Umahi is secretly working for Buhari's Victory
and now Ekweremadu is decamping because PDP maltreated him..

Wetin Sef?

Won't Atiku be regretting his decision presently?

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by Fekkyranky: 9:19am On Oct 23, 2018
EFCC is the problem of DSP Ekweremadu!
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by Antoeni(m): 9:19am On Oct 23, 2018
In Timaya's voice ,"when your go Clear o,telling person ,telling person dem no dey telling person" legger
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by hollywater: 9:19am On Oct 23, 2018
Awol1:
Just when you think you have seen a principled politician, your hope gets dashed. So it's all about their selfish interest actually.

Because I don't know how Ekweremadu will now market APC and Buhari to Ndigbo. We he now tell us that Buhari is the saviour while Mbaka is already thinking otherwise?

Will he now try to sell the 2023 Igbo presidency which he knows Tinubu has perfected for southwest in case Buhari is reelected.

Will be now try to justify and rationalize our neglect since Buhari came to power?

The truth is that if Ekweremadu defects, that will be the end of his political career because he'd be defecting with only his wife and children.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

But PDP should still try to appease him anyway.
Best comment so far.He will be defecting with his wife and children full stop. Atiku&Obi is what matters now.
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by senatordave1(m): 9:19am On Oct 23, 2018
Aghomi83:
Why are greedy people so common in Nigeria?, I used to respect him, but this greed is too bad. That will not stop Atikulation.
It will in enugu.for the umpteenth time atiku failure will start from the east
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by Okwyjesus(m): 9:20am On Oct 23, 2018
kahal29:
Am beginning to believe this Ekweremadu's defection rumor. At first i thought it was just a ruse but this news has been going on for some time now since last week yet no denial or strong refutal by Ekweremadu's camp or media aides rather they just allowed it to be trending. This, therefore, suggests that there is some element of truth in it cos this was how Akpabio's own also started till it materialized.

You said it all. But like Osho said, am not bothered. He is a big masquerade with little electoral value in Igbo land. Obi is a better VP candidate.
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by senatordave1(m): 9:21am On Oct 23, 2018
Cheeryfeet:

But sentiments aside, he would have been the best option. He has paid his dues, he held strong for the party when all deserted, and chosing him would have solidified the race much stronger. Though this politicians don't care about all that, all they care is their interest
Yes,hes the best for vp.obi is a late comer

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by senatordave1(m): 9:26am On Oct 23, 2018
Mysselff2:

Exactly
The idiot does not realise nobody will offer him the VP slot in APC,so why is he defecting >
SMH for the bloody self-conceited idiot
That is how rumours of akpabio defection started.i wont believe it until ike defects.if he does,its over for pdp.he controls a large chunk of enugu pdp alongside ugwuanyi,very popular across enugu/ebonyi.he will always win elections without campaigning like akume.his defection will give apc 25% of enugu votes plus several pdp members will follow him.most pdp members in enugu have a friendly disposition towards buhari.ike will be senate president in 2019 since it will be zoned to the ibos.

For now,its rumors till he defects.like i said atiku's fall will start from the ss/se.its better for the east to divide their votes and leverage on it to succeed buhari in 2023.
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by Valro(m): 9:30am On Oct 23, 2018
sarrki:

You are just an online ranter

This are the real guys that makes it happen
Leave my ranting for me.
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 23, 2018
kahal29:
Barring any last minute change, Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu will dump Nigeria’s major opposition party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Daily Sun gathered that Ekweremadu has been involved in high-level negotiations with the top echelon of the APC, “because he was aggrieved about the way he has been treated since Senate President Dr Bukola Saraki defected to the PDP.

“What is, however, unclear is the position the APC will give him upon defection.

A source said Ekweremadu’s defection “is just in a matter of days.”

This will be another major defection after Saraki and former minority leader, Godswill Akpabio, defected from the APC and PDP, respectively.

It was also gathered that “Ekweremadu was not happy with the way he was used and dumped by the PDP.”

A chieftain of the APC from the South East had earlier said: “Look at the way they treated Ekweremadu. When all of them left, Ekweremadu remained to fight for the survival of this party. How many of them would have resisted the temptation not to defect in the face of the intimidation, harassment, prosecution, and persecution meted out on him.

“As a person, he had nothing to lose if he had defected then. In fact, he had everything to gain. He probably would have been the Senate president because he was offered the slot. Then, when you people now return, you feel that people who had helped this party to survive did not matter, again, simply because you got a presidential ticket. Also, even Saraki knows that if the DSP had not been loyal, they would have gotten at him (Saraki) long ago.

“All the trials Ekweremadu was put through were all because of Saraki. But, when it was the turn of Saraki to be there for him, he failed him and as we speak, how many days is this after the primary. Atiku is yet to call DSP. You don’t treat a man who has been taking bullets on you people’s behalf like that. Well, I wish them and PDP well, but, they should know that action begets reaction and they will pay the price for this mistreatment of people, who labored for the party during the toughest time. And, if Ekweremadu leaves, we will hold these people responsible,” he stated.

http://sunnewsonline.com/2019-ekweremadu-to-dump-pdp-for-apc/

From Orji Uzo Kalu's Sun newspaper?

Fake News.
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by Starpro87(m): 9:42am On Oct 23, 2018
Awol1:
Just when you think you have seen a principled politician, your hope gets dashed. So it's all about their selfish interest actually.

Because I don't know how Ekweremadu will now market APC and Buhari to Ndigbo. We he now tell us that Buhari is the saviour while Mbaka is already thinking otherwise?

Will he now try to sell the 2023 Igbo presidency which he knows Tinubu has perfected for southwest in case Buhari is reelected.

Will be now try to justify and rationalize our neglect since Buhari came to power?

The truth is that if Ekweremadu defects, that will be the end of his political career because he'd be defecting with only his wife and children.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

But PDP should still try to appease him anyway.
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by Butoneday2(m): 10:11am On Oct 23, 2018
SpaceTour:
Gbam?

1 Like

Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by BunmiSkye: 10:12am On Oct 23, 2018
It is a case of self interest after all cos all of this things are becoming too dicey,ekweremadu defected been hopeful of his choices and interest taken care of as it was not effective in APC... But now his loyalty to his boss has landed him into neglect and inconsiderable interest.so if he is truly defecting back to APC then it is because he also has eye for the senate president seat also.....This is getting interesting already,cant wait to see what the next few weeks will unveil.
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by TheShopKeeper(m): 10:16am On Oct 23, 2018
...Ekweremadu is a thouroughbred PDP man...in politics anything can happen...this was how Akpabio defection rumour started around April/May...if Ekweremadu should defect, it shouldn't be to APC...

1 Like

Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by GuntersChain(m): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2018
I comment my reserve.

Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by slivertongue: 10:25am On Oct 23, 2018
Ekweremadu' positn was made possible by david mark&co, nt d SE. dose tryin make him luk lik godfather of PDP sud wake up
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by tuniski: 11:30am On Oct 23, 2018
CilicMarin:

You are too emotional.. grin grin Substitution of names is still on till November 18 grin grin

Mr. "Trasher" PDP will "trash" them melody singer... grin

Substitution of names for governorship and house of Assembly . That of presidential and national assembly is closed.

Sannu Mr emotional!
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by Timatayo1: 11:36am On Oct 23, 2018
Let him go rubbish
Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by CilicMarin: 11:40am On Oct 23, 2018
tuniski:

Substitution of names for governorship and house of Assembly . That of presidential and national assembly is closed.

Sannu Mr emotional!

You are mixing up Submission of names with Substitution of names. Google up INEC Guidelines 2019 and come back...

Re: 2019: Ekweremadu Set To Dump PDP For APC by mamatwiny(f): 11:41am On Oct 23, 2018
It is too late to decamp.
He has already gotten senate form under PDP and inec has closed submission deadline.

He can only defect after election.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill & Burn Many People In Nasarawa Communities (Graphic Photos) / Purported Error On Tinubu’s Certificate Validates My Discovery – Atiku / My Discussion With A Government Contractor Who Wants GEJ Out - Agabai23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.