Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,511 members, 7,843,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (211190 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2008
tommyex:

Hi everyone

Hey,its really been a long time i came around erethe reason will be explained later,and i miss everyone alot.

Hope this house still rocks,Ken n co i see una hand oo.I go try read some pages before i run commot.

I have some sort of Good news for the house and i hope we all take it coolly,because the reason i dint share it earlier was that i dint want to raise any -ve emotion.
NLNG finally employed me some 2weeks back,I tahnk God for giving me the opportunity to start another phase of my life.I pray that this year will bring miracles for everyone.

I was on the reserve list and God made them employ me.
I am sorry i wont be browsing for now,I need to sort some things out,but this thread is always on my mind

hmmmmmm.so JISI is still entertainin the guys?cool,tot u were a flash in d pan.
KEN
no vex,e be like say levels don change,but its nt my makin not 2 chat ere,hope yall understand.
b t w KEN,i dey expect your calll

OMG! Tommyex! This is the best news I have heard in weeks! Cheiya! So God has made the Mighty NLNG finally call you. Oh, this is such good news. What can I say? Alleluia! Tommyex, believe me when I say from the bottomest part of my soul that I am sincerely very happy for you. You deserve it. Gimme a hug. Take it! cheesy wink smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:55pm On Apr 19, 2008
aniffy4eva:

1. lol! It's called leverage. . . Risky? Yes!! But honestly, to get real and fast advancement wink, you have to think about using OPT (Other People's Time) or OPM (Other People's Money). The honest truth is that you are either using someone else's leverage OR you are the leverage. Check your job out, you are your employer's leverage. Look at your money deposited in your account doing nothing. The borrowers are leveraging on it. tongue. . . So i think its about time you leveraged on someone else. . . but please be careful. . . smiley

2. Secondly, you'll be surprised that most banks have such packages for willing investors. I'm currently on one like that. Normally, i probably wont be divulging stuff like this, but hey, we are here to share knowledge. . . aren't we? undecided The shares in question are used as collateral (plus your initial contribution which is a percentage of the facility), although you have control, you can only trade them (most times through the bank's brokerage house). . . but you only obtain full ownership (as in transfer to you) when you liquidate the facility. I read somewhere that one difference between the rich and the poor is that while the poor seek ownership, the rich seek control. Now thats a BIG difference.

Aquarius. . . grin.

Thanks! My admiration of you is 150% more! The GREAT Opoks!

Hey Bros!. . . i won't mind being a part of this o! That is if the real estate deal is for commercial purposes o. . . and not for building your house only tongue, heard of a couple of young guys (below 30) that did one real estate deal and sold off with about N1bn (or so) profit. . . I know some of you might sneer at this possibility, but the honest truth is that what your mind can't see, your hand can't grasp. . . So Opoks! you can holla at me on folayemianifowoshe@gmail.com. I'm sure that Jisi can cook up something. . . as long as the plan is tight. . . cool

I really don't agree with this line of thought. . . undecided Please by all means be a BIG SUPER spender, just make sure you are spending on the RIGHT things! I'm surprised at people who keep their money in their accounts and when it comes to private placements, they SPEND a little because' they don't want to take risks. There's someone i look up to, she inspires me a lot, when explaining how she made her BIG break, she said she wanted to purchase a block of shares from the existing shareholders, she approached a bank, obtained a HUGE facility and purchased each share at N3.00 plus a little premium. She held onto these shares for 15 months and sold them off at N64.00 a piece. shocked If she was a SUPER SAVER, trust me, i don't think she would have made it that BIG. Why would i want to save for 20 years for an event that may never happen? When i can SPEND at once, have a little bit of temporal HBPtongue and savour the experience of having to do something interesting. Yes! Saving is good, when compared to being wasteful, but having to focus on SPENDING keeps one in a perpetual state of stagnation (or at best your money is making 3% per annum. . .) I would rather focus on being a BIG SPENDER, as long as i SPEND on profitable ventures! I must confess, it may not work the way you plan all the time, but that will not stop me from trying again. Personally, i rarely keep funds in my account. . . anytime i go to the bank, i always wonder what's going through the mind of the person paying me when they look at me in my designer suit tongue and then compare to my account balance. . . grin. . . na them sabi grin

Yeah! So please grow with us, because we are going places!!! wink

Yemi, my dearest brother, you do have a way with words, don't you? But all I see is intelligence displayed in your discourses.

[b]To start with, the issue of spending versus saving: in both of these books: The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason, and Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki, it is not saving that is extolled. Rather, it is the building up of one's asset column to such a level that spending does not eat away at it. In other words, a person may spend all he likes, but his strongly built assets still protect him. It reminds me of one of Jesus' classic statements: The wise man built his house on the rock, and even when the storms came, and pushed at it, the house stood firm. Good thinking, Yemi.

I'm intrigued to know you are an Aquarius, Yemi. My bestfriend (is he still my bestfriend?) is an Aquarius. Aquarians are easy-going, friendly, fun-loving, endearing people. They crave solid relationships, and are very compassionate and giving; they thrive in situations of camaraderie; are creative, romantic and sweet. They can be altruistic, idealistic; and they do have fine taste. Like Libras and Geminis, they are controlled by the wind, which makes them intelligent, creative, and good with people. They are outgoing and gregarious as well.

Sometime ago, I fused the Zodiac (12 signs) with the Enneagram (9 signs), and came up with the Catparian Classification of 48 personality types.

If I guess correctly, I think we both are almost the same personality. I think you are a Four (a Romantic) on the Enneagram, and then you have told me you are an Aquarius on the Zodiac, which means you are what I call an S2. I am originally a Four (a Romantic) on the Enneagram as well, and I am a Libra, what I call an S1. The three S Zodiac signs according to Catparian Classification are: Libra S1; Aquarius S2, and Gemini S3. They are called S signs (Spirituality signs) because they are controlled by the wind, or noumena, as opposed to phenomena.

Hence, according to the Catparian Classification, you are an Se*Se/S2, and I am an Se*Se/S1. And these types share very many core values, and respond similarly to situations. So, if I am correct, then we are very like each other. We've got a lot in common, Yemi. You must believe me when I say so.

I enjoyed chatting with you the other day. Though I don't know if you've given further thought to what I told you concerning the Catparian Society, or indeed anything else for that matter. I look forward to chatting with you sometime in the future. Who knows, we may get to do certain things together, ehn Yemi? The future they say is always pregnant. Anyway, say me hi to your one true love.  wink

One love, brother. Have I just rapped you? Ha ha ha. Whatever.[/b]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2008
Let's get back to this whole issue of saving and spending. You know, Yemi is 100% right. I had to read that post of his three times to repeatedly endorse the wisdom contained therein. (Yemi, you really are wise; I must say this again).

You know, the relationship between spending in the way Yemi stipulated (spending on risk assets) and saving, is like the relationship between getting a job and controlling an enterprise (Yemi, I must again defer to your dichotomy of ownership and control, which is akin to the dichotomy between a CEO and a Chairman of a Board; the difference between Gates and Ballmer; between Akingbola and Obieri). I agree with you in that spending on high-yield risk is better than saving in the bank. The former is brave, and the latter is fearful (and recall that His Excellency would say that 'fortune favours the brave').

AlfaPrime:

@Annify
Of course, You can never compare saving with investment. I didn't mean dry, meaningless saving. That would be akin to miserliness! What I meant was saving as a means of raising capital for an investment venture. Actually, I take my guidance in this regard from the the Lord Jesus' parable of the talents. Notice that it was only after one servant had hidden his talent in the ground that the master asked him why he couldn't have at least saved the money with the bankers. In other words, saving is the least You could do with your resources. the first and most preferred is actually to invest it. Fine, but u can't really build up a good enough capital for the investment without some period of saving, and note also that the basic personal fiscal discipline needed for both saving and investment are the same.

@Opoks
You're welcome back warmly, brother! I feel You when I consider the reasons u just revealed as what made u trip off for so long. In fact, I get the impression that, (like I do at times) during your comatose period u were actually still visiting the thread regularly without making contributions. At times it's a bit difficult to break the flow of a certain conversation on the thread without appearing a bit rude, but it's ok. At least you're fully back with the house now.

@Jisi
You said something that just caught my attention. can u reach me on onyx@bornagain.com? I'd like to discuss some business with you.

@Kennosky et al
The intensive training course I had throughout this week gave me an idea of how it must have been with u all this while. keep the dream high!

Stay blessed all. It's Friday again and promising to be a great weekend, especially for those of us all who have been grappling with increasing mountains of work!

But let me make a case for saving, especially at the initial stage of growing one's wealth. To do this, I will borrow supporting arguments from George Clason and Robert Kiyosaki, and from AlfaPrime quoted above.

If you have read The Richest Man in Babylon, you would recall that the chief character lost practically all his money in his first attempt at investing. And why did this happen? Because he had not studied the investment terrain well enough. He just believed he could sponsor certain trades, and ended up wasting both his time and his money. Robert Kiyosaki also said in his book that before one begins investing, he should understudy a guru. So, here's my first case for saving at the start of an investment career: saving up your money gives you time to learn what to do with it later, by way of investment.

Let me use an analogy for my second point: Imagine you were told that toadskins had become an important source of export, and if you bought them at 10 naira, you could export them for 100 dollars (12 thousand naira); now if you had only 60 naira, you could get only 6 toadskins, and then you could make only 600 dollars (72 thousand naira); but if you waited awhile to save up a little more (and in that period study the business more), you would find that you could buy more toadskins and increase your profit. Also, in that period, the prices could go up, making you get more by way of income net costs; and you could even learn other ways to maximize your gains apart from cashing in on price levels. So you see. Hence, the second case I am making for saving is this: saving makes you have more capital to invest with at the right time.

Let me make one final argument for saving, and that is toeing AlfaPrime's way. Yemi, you must agree that there are some people who do not have the knack for making money that certain others do. In their own case, saving would be the wisest alternative. And he was right to use the analogy of the talents. If the man with only one talent were to have deposited that money in the bank, it sincerely would have yielded interest no matter how small, than lazily wasting it as he did. So the third case I am making for saving is: for those who do not have either the interest or the skill to do business, saving especially in mutual funds, or a Pension plan is always a wise way to beat poverty.

I ope with theez fyu points of main I av bin abul to confwuse you that savings is betta than spending  lipsrsealed
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 3:18pm On Apr 19, 2008
Lastly, before I sign out, I want to get back to Tommyex's success.

Recall what we said at the start of April. Both His Excellency and I said that this April was going to be a smash hit for us. And what do we have, a faithful (very faithful) brother indeed has had his dreams actualized in this month of April. (Clears throat first):

For he's a jolly good fellow (2ce)
For he's a jolly good felloooooooow!
And so say say all of us - hurray!
And so say all of us (2ce)
For he's a jolly good fellow (2ce)
For he's a jolly good felloooooooow!
And so say all of us!

(Clears throat again) Hence, in the name of His Excellency, Kenosky, Godfather and Prefect of Which Way Nlng? I say a big 'Congratulations, and jubilations; celebration, in our nation!' Alleluia!

May Yahweh be above you to bless you
Before you to lead you
Beside you to support you
Behind you to shield you;

May you walk and never stumble
May you claim the seats of your enemies
'May no weapon fashioned against you prosper;
All those who rise against you shall fall'
May you swell and grow like the Iroko
May you be favoured and blessed in all you do
May you never lack in anything good
May you have excess and to spare.

Yahweh said to Aaron: This is how you must bless the children of Israel:

May Yahweh bless you and keep you
May he shine his face on you and be gracious to you
May he fill you with joy and give you his peace.

(Then the priest stretches forth his hand in all his glory towards Tommyex and intones):

And may the blessing of Almighty God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, come down on you and remain with you both now and forever. Amen.

Alleluia Chimlei
Jehova, Chim e mela
Ebe izara epere di ya le
Aga ma achurugi mma mma

Alleluia my God
Jehovah, my God you have done well
As you have answered his (Tommyex's) prayer
I shall bless you forever.

Amen.

We love you, brother; and this is just the beginning of all Yahweh has in store for you. Alleluia!

Rejoice, then; it has pleased him to give you the Kingdom! cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 11:47pm On Apr 19, 2008
kuwena:

I enjoyed chatting with you the other day. Though I don't know if you've given further thought to what I told you concerning the Catparian Society

Catpar---whoa?! grin. Maybe its just my imagination, but why do i get this feeling of how the "meetings" may be:-

1. We all wear black hooded gowns with red sashes carrying calabashes.
2. Our anthem will probably consist of two words said repeatedly. "heya-humba-heya-humba"
3. The leader has a red drool on the left side of his mouth. (still trying to figure out if its ribena or blood lipsrsealed)
4. We never read from the Bible. . .
5. and lastly, how come Kuwena gets to be the "Pontius Supremus Emeritus" ? grin

I'm sure you get my drift. . . tongue. . . . . . Just kidding!. . . . grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 12:01am On Apr 20, 2008
kuwena:

Let me use an analogy for my second point: Imagine you were told that toadskins had become an important source of export, and if you bought them at 10 naira, you could export them for 100 dollars (12 thousand naira); now if you had only 60 naira, you could get only 6 toadskins, and then you could make only 600 dollars (72 thousand naira); but if you waited awhile to save up a little more (and in that period study the business more), you would find that you could buy more toadskins and increase your profit. Also, in that period, the prices could go up, making you get more by way of income net costs; and you could even learn other ways to maximize your gains apart from cashing in on price levels. So you see. Hence, the second case I am making for saving is this: [s]saving makes you have more capital to invest with at the right time.[/s]

Precisely my point!! Being sure of the business model - buy toadskins at 10 naira and selling them at 100 dollars, if i had only 60 naira, why would i want to save? this brings me back to my OPM principle. I would loan from a bank (or a friend) at 25 - 50% interest rate, depending on the source. Use my 60 naira as a deposit backing (or collateral of some sort), export my goods, pay the loan and the interest and smile to the bank! Why wait to save until i have enough money? If i am trying to buy time to study the business and then save (keep) my money, its a different ball game. . . but not save my money and then say i'm studying the biz. That's time-wasting. . .

For the final bit, please ask yourself. . .

1. How long will it take you to save N10m?
2. How long will it take you to borrow N10m?

Well, Which would you rather be? That . . . .my friend. . . . is the difference!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 2:30am On Apr 20, 2008
Off-topic

I wrote a lil' something that has to do with "Questioning your values" on my blog. You might wanna check it out -

www.folayemianifowoshe. wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 11:46pm On Apr 20, 2008
[size=13pt]whoops! I v been gone just one day and the investors and savers av taken over the floor! shocked Alfa, let mi tell u opoks ddnt come back cos of the topic- he's been a regular on the romance section! cool and as for not wanting to interrupt the floor of a particular topic/discussion- hmmm! u r wrong this time, u have as much right as anybody to introduce any topic, u ll do well to remember that those issues which u consider trivial are matters which actually allow folks cool off from the pressure of everyday hustle and bustle. I dont know wat to say in this issue of savers, spenders and investers but all i'll say is 'Fortune favours the brave!'

Jisi, u v been missing in action!

TOMMYEX, JEEEZZZZ! u r favoured! Go and sin no more grin When the groove go shele na?

@all, do av a great week ahead! one luv! kiss[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by JISIDAISY(f): 8:07am On Apr 21, 2008
smiley Hello all,
Honestly, i dont know if I am the only one affected by this NITEL strike---I havent been able to log on to the internet. So my best bet is in the mornings when i get to work. Its terrible cry

Alfa, I guess i should give you my email also cos I might not have enough time to sent you a mail, but if i get to see your mail, I can respond. my email; jisidaisy@yahoo.com

Guyz the bottom line here is that investing is like planning for your future. Hold it what am I saying----Investing is planning for your future. And we all know that if we fail to plan we have invarably planned to fail.

I miss y'all. I cant wait for my sever to get back to function( na Visaphone o!)
Tommyex, I am not entertaining. Pls be corrected. I must not forget to say congratulations on your new job. wink

Kenosky, give us gist nah. How was glasgow? ur stay in edinburg was brief. Make una take care. Investment is diverse-----as we say in the bank, you are free to open an account anywhere, and with anyone(chics) but as it is with the corporate world---be careful where and in whom you are investing in grin cos u know nah----AIDS is real. SARS sef-----even Avian Flu. grin

Aniffy, My personal person, how you dey?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:35pm On Apr 21, 2008
Thread! Thread!! Thread!!!

@aniffy
I was thinking of giving you a call someday before I saw that you've already extended the invitation.
When it comes to investment, I am your student wink
You've done it all, been on the streets selling, resigned from a prestigious PWC job when NLNG was not even seriously considered, done your own things, ran your own life (before NLNG) . . .and still running it!
And don't tell me about the designer suits, I saw one on you the day we met; and for a moment, I wished I was the guy putting them on grin
A combination of urbane, intelligence and street-smartness, that was the feedback I gave Adrianic after you and I met grin
Keep it up bro! Who knows where we're going

@Kenosky
Enuf harping abt my visiting the ROMANCE section.
Am I romantic; I don't think so. I view myself as 'hard' and close friends attest to it. But who knows me well
Am I looking for a 'baby' as you had sometime suggested? Nope. I have a wonderful r/lship.
Why am I often there? It's where I easily escape to if and when I have idle time at work.
I love the passion, excitement and mostly sincere stories that come from the energies that build in affairs of the opposite sex.
So I jump in to read the heartfelt stories, offer advice, yab those I wan yab, give out a dose of either my sarcasm or sincere encouragement.
There are too many wounds to be healed in that section and lot'a entertainment from craaaaazy posters! grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2008
@Jisi
You said something that just caught my attention. can u reach me on  onyx@bornagain.com? I'd like to discuss some business with you.
fron Alfa
Jisi, suddenly everyone wants to talk to you Opoks!, Annify, Alfaprime tongue
But remember I asked first and you dey shun me sha cry

@Tommyex
Finally you don get liver! eh!
You for keep am for under your bed so that you may not ellicit -ve energy
-ve energy ni! Red Bull ko! Congrats! joooooo!!!!!!!!!! tongue
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 5:43pm On Apr 21, 2008
[size=13pt]opoks, i did it again cool(wait o shocked) abi na Jisi? dis wan wey u, aniffy and alfaprime dey hustle to hook up with Jisi so, na only investment una dey interested in? Come, make una shine una eyes o!

Jisi, theres not much to be said about glasgow or edinburgh- visit one city in UK, and u v seen them all! Newcastle, Durham, Birmingham, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough and even London- na only small differences dey! One is either just a little bit smaller smiley, a little bit more crowded wink, a little bit more historic cheesy or a little bit more modern grin. Babe, there's nothing new under the sun and thanx for ur unsolicited advise tongue- i shall look be fore i leap! kiss[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 8:34pm On Apr 21, 2008
opokonwa:

@aniffy
I was thinking of giving you a call someday before I saw that you've already extended the invitation.

No syke me jooooo!!! grin

JISIDAISY:

Aniffy, My personal person, how you dey?

I dey, how are you doing? Easy on the job o!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 8:44pm On Apr 21, 2008
Haba, Kenosky, Opokonwa, AlfaPrime and Jisidaisy; why do I get the feeling you all are deliberately ignoring me?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2008
opokonwa:

@aniffy
You've done it all, been on the streets selling, resigned from a prestigious PWC job when NLNG was not even seriously considered[/i], done your own things, ran your own life (before NLNG) . . .and still running it!
And don't tell me about the designer suits, I saw one on you the day we met; and for a moment, I wished I was the guy putting them on grin
A combination of urbane, intelligence and street-smartness, that was the feedback I gave Adrianic after you and I met grin
Keep it up bro! Who knows where we're going

@Kenosky
Enuf harping about my visiting the ROMANCE section.
Am I romantic; I don't think so. I view myself as 'hard' and close friends attest to it. But who knows me well
Am I looking for a 'baby' as you had sometime suggested? Nope. I have a wonderful r/lship.
Why am I often there? It's where I easily escape to if and when I have idle time at work.
I love the passion, excitement and mostly sincere stories that come from the [i]energies
that build in affairs of the opposite sex.
So I jump in to read the heartfelt stories, offer advice, yab those I wan yab, give out a dose of either my sarcasm or sincere encouragement.
There are too many wounds to be healed in that section and lot'a entertainment from craaaaazy posters! grin

Yemi, did you really leave PWC before NLNG even called you?

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 8:54pm On Apr 21, 2008
I wish I had your courage.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 9:17pm On Apr 21, 2008
kuwena:

Yemi, did you really leave PWC before NLNG even called you?

Story of my life. . . tongue

Yes i did. I guess i was just tired of the job and i wasn't happy. I just wasn't happy and it was killing me inside. . .literally. I decided to bite the bullet and went into private business.

kuwena:

You have much more than my courage!!! You have yours!!! I did that because' i was so sure that i was doing the right thing. . . please do not consider this as a command to go and resign o! As for me sha, i knew i wasn't happy and as for me. . . My happiness comes before money. . . cheesy

In retrospect, everything worked out fine. I have a job i like, i'm happy and i still run my business. . . grin. . . what can i say? "The steps of the righteous are ordered by the Lord. . . " wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 9:55pm On Apr 21, 2008
Hey, people, been busy, , i'm lost, lol

can see d thread is goin nice and steady,. cool talks about investin & saving.

Wow, i'm getin lots of education from this Seminar u guys put up on this Thread 4 FREE!!, lol

[center]"Great men discuss ideas"
"Average men discuss events"
"Small men Discuss People"[/center]

i can see u guys are all great wisemen, all we hav to do is just keep followin d success star, !! and do what we do best d best way we can,

Keep talkin wise, i kind of enjoy reading dan posting anyway, lol
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 10:17pm On Apr 21, 2008
kuwena:

Haba, Kenosky, Opokonwa, AlfaPrime and Jisidaisy; why do I get the feeling you all are deliberately ignoring me?

brotha, haba shocked! dats not a fair thing to say o! U know say i go always acknowledge u first na- it probably is an oversight but ur excellency per excellence- i defer to u! cool

kuwena:

aniffy has said it all- u v got even more than courage! Wat more can i say?

stannesi:

Hey, people, been busy, , i'm lost, lol

Keep talkin wise, i kind of enjoy reading dan posting anyway, lol

u well? If we all enjoy reading more than posting- na who go dey post for u? lipsrsealed

aniffy, u r indeed a trail blazer- keep on rocking!

Jisi, ow wuz ur day and how NITEL? Any hope in sight?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by JISIDAISY(f): 8:29am On Apr 22, 2008
Kuwena, smiley Sorry Dear. I'm sure it was the cause of oversightysm. So how are you doing? Kano must be pretty hot. But you sef, you know you can hola at me anytime---------------
Wait wasnt my last staement meant for Opokonwa? wink Opokonwa! Opokonwa!! Opokonwa!!! How many times did I call you? Hmm. when i shared targets for everyone you didnt say you wanted oh! Now to talk to woman your voice is the loudest grin hapu----hapu nwane! biko hapu.

Kenosky, Nwanem madu, NITEL is still showing us big time. I dont know when its going to end, hopfully this week.
Aniffy, I'm ok---work is as ---no more stressful than b4. God dey sha. cheesy

To all my pips-------God Dey. Thats my motto for this month of April.

KUWENA! I still dey greet o. cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2008
kuwena:

There are two possible scenarios to this:
It's either we are deliberately ignoring youas you claimed wink
Or you are feeling ignored . . . undecided

I believe the latter have an element of truth. You were feeling ignored? Sorry sweetheart kiss
I remember that I had hailed you along with the rest of the posters in my latest comeback!

So Kuwena, forget the 'personality thing' and either join the issue or bring more discussable topicsother than Zodiac signs & Eneagrams! . . . tongue tongue
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 4:32pm On Apr 22, 2008
JISIDAISY:

Kuwena, smiley Sorry Dear. I'm sure it was the cause of oversightysm. So how are you doing? Kano must be pretty hot. But you sef, you know you can hola at me anytime---------------
Wait wasnt my last staement meant for Opokonwa? wink Opokonwa! Opokonwa!! Opokonwa!!! How many times did I call you? Hmm.
Say my name! say my name!! I'm calling you babie!!! You calling me babie!!!! Babie say my name!!!!!
Say my name! say my name!! You acting like a shadie!!! You calling me babie!!!! Babie say my name!!!!! grin

Or try this one:

Somebody call my name, Opoks!
People them calling my name; Opoks! grin
Daddy Opoks! make you come back again o!
Papa them, dem'a calling my name o!
Even little children dem'a calling my name!
Daddy come! .  . . Daddy come!! Daddy come!!! Daddy come!!!!
Daddy Opoks! make you come back again! Daddy come! grin

Ooopoks!ehee! grin .  .  . Oooopoks!!ehee!! grin .  .  .  [size=15pt]Ooooooopoks![/size] grin grin grin

You never call my name tire?!

I tell you say I need 'target'? Abi where I dey no get enough 'targets'?
Abeg no give me job angry .  .  . just make we discuss 'possible ways to make money' and you dey put your motor for reverse?

You never begin run .  .  .  na today? rolls eyes*
She who hints* and runs away go run tire!

Wait make I catch you for that Abuja!
hssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uchetobi(f): 5:26pm On Apr 22, 2008
Ah Tommyex congrats brother! That’s great news
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:50pm On Apr 22, 2008
opokonwa:

Say my name! say my name!! I'm calling you babie!!! You calling me babie!!!! Babie say my name!!!!!
Say my name! say my name!! You acting like a shadie!!! You calling me babie!!!! Babie say my name!!!!! grin

Or try this one:

Somebody call my name, Opoks!
People them calling my name; Opoks! grin
Daddy Opoks! make you come back again o!
Papa them, them'a calling my name o!
Even little children them'a calling my name!
Daddy come! . . . Daddy come!! Daddy come!!! Daddy come!!!!
Daddy Opoks! make you come back again! Daddy come! grin

Ooopoks!ehee! grin . . . Oooopoks!!ehee!! grin . . . [size=15pt]Ooooooopoks![/size] grin grin grin

You never call my name tire?!

I tell you say I need 'target'? Abi where I dey no get enough 'targets'?
Abeg no give me job angry . . . just make we discuss 'possible ways to make money' and you dey put your motor for reverse?

You never begin run . . . na today? rolls eyes*
She who hints* and runs away go run tire!

Wait make I catch you for that Abuja!
hssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aha! This is the Opoks I know. Nwannem, nno-o!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:56pm On Apr 22, 2008
JISIDAISY:

Wait wasnt my last staement meant for Opokonwa? wink Opokonwa! Opokonwa!! Opokonwa!!! How many times did I call you? Hmm. when i shared targets for everyone you didnt say you wanted oh! Now to talk to woman your voice is the loudest grin hapu----hapu nwane! biko hapu.

Kenosky, Nwanem madu, NITEL is still showing us big time. I don't know when its going to end, hopfully this week.
Aniffy, I'm ok---work is as ---no more stressful than before. God dey sha. cheesy

To all my pips-------God Dey. Thats my motto for this month of April.

KUWENA! I still dey greet o. cheesy

Thanks for the reassurance.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2008
kenosky:

brotha, haba shocked! that is not a fair thing to say o! You know say i go always acknowledge u first na- it probably is an oversight but your excellency per excellence- i defer to u! cool

aniffy has said it all- u v got even more than courage! What more can i say?

u well? If we all enjoy reading more than posting- na who go dey post for u? lipsrsealed

aniffy, you're indeed a trail blazer- keep on rocking!

Jisi, ow wuz your day and how NITEL? Any hope in sight?

Your Excellency, this is a most welcomoe post. Thanks a lot.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 8:17pm On Apr 22, 2008
aniffy4eva:

Story of my life. . . tongue

Yes i did. I guess i was just tired of the job and i wasn't happy. I just wasn't happy and it was killing me inside. . .literally. I decided to bite the bullet and went into private business.

You have much more than my courage!!! You have yours!!! I did that because' i was so sure that i was doing the right thing. . . please do not consider this as a command to go and resign o! As for me sha, i knew i wasn't happy and as for me. . . My happiness comes before money. . . cheesy

In retrospect, everything worked out fine. I have a job i like, i'm happy and i still run my business. . . grin. . . what can i say? "The steps of the righteous are ordered by the Lord. . . " wink

You kow what, Yemi? I wish that what happened to you would happen to me too. You're one hell of a lucky chap, do you know that? So lucky! You just walked out on your job and went into a thriving business, and then NLNG called you. You are so blessed!

I hate my job with all my heart, and many times I wish I could leave it, but I never can summon the courage. Anytime I say I will resign, there comes this threatening voice within me: 'Resign and do what? Have you forgotten your job is your greatest defence now?' And then the voice within lets out a mocking laughter:

Ha ha ha ha
Haa haa haa haa
Haaa haaa haaa haaa
Resign and do what?
Resign and do what?
Resign and do what?
Ha ha ha ha
Haa haa haa haa
Haaa haaa haaa haaa
Others are looking for job and you want to resign
Ha ha ha ha
Haa haa haa haa
Haaa haaa haaa haaa
Resign and do what?
Resign and do what?
Resign and do what?
Ha ha ha ha
Haa haa haa haa
Haaa haaa haaa haaa.

The voice mocks me repeatedly. And then I know I am trapped. Yet the psalmist says: 'Save me O God I trust in you.' Phew! Once again, I wish I had your courage. Yemi, I really do.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 8:34pm On Apr 22, 2008
OOpoks, alfa, i enjoyed your mixtape ooo, but i no see u 4 audition, i wan sign u up, 4 NLNG records, lol

wats up people, na wa ooo, from Investment and Savings to sometin else "strokin",

Ken, u know no say na u be d postman here, tongue

Stay good people,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 8:40pm On Apr 22, 2008
Aniffy, permit me to say something about the Catparian Society. You know, ever since I was a kid, I have dreamt of starting a cult. This cult mentality is very high with me. Maybe that is even why at my age I don't have a girlfriend, and have never had sex; I may never even marry. My greatest pleasure in every sense seems to derive from the notion of fraternity. Organization of people solidly committed to a purpose: disciplined, structured; you know, the aura of the cult, the love of the brotherhood, the adhesiveness of the bond; the power of the cult.

'Konwa can recall that those days we used to speak on the phone I repeatedly talked to him of establishing a cult. I told him that a cult could go a long way in solving most of our problems. And many cults indeed have. Rosicrucians, Skulls, Grey Masons, Eckists, Sufists; most of these grand societies have solved millions of the world's mysteries; and in every age and time when cults have formed, be they secret or open, many individuals who otherwise would have no reason to be alive, no definite purpose for continued existence and no life chart, have found themselves transformed by wonderful experiences, like Eckist Soul travels; Sufi Introspections; Rosicrucian Revolutions, and a myriad of other New Age Awarenesses, most of which ultimately aim at Human Self Actualization.

The truth is that many of these cults are compatible with modern religion. One can conveniently be a Rosicrucian and a Christian; one can be a Gray Mason and a Catholic Bishop; one can be a Sufi brother and a pastor. One can join the Catparian Society and serve the Christian Yahweh or the Muslim Allah.

I have always treasured the power of congregationality; the influence a multitude of adherents committed to one thing can wield over the world, especially when they are armed with the modern media, like television; they can sell their ideals globally. My vision for the Catpar is simple: self actualization by the separation, development, coordination and transcendence of the human personality, sexuality, spirituality and vocation. I want several young men (and possibly women) who are intelligent, driven, and willing to create positive change to congregate and jointly bring genuine progress to Africa. It has nothing to do with black hoods and red sashes, or mouths pouring either with Ribena or cockerel's blood; it has nothing to do with eerie pontification and needless chanting of humba-hammmer; it has nothing to do with reading or not reading the Holy book of the Christians. All the Catpar seeks is to transform you, and through you, transform the whole world.

Think about it.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 9:19pm On Apr 22, 2008
[size=13pt]opoks, u r in ur element! na wetin i dey yarn b dis! Which one be all d talk of making money all d time- yab small u hear?

kuwena, u v got wat it takes, if u take the step u go surprise at wetin u fit achieve!

Jisi, dont mind opoks o, na jealousy dey worry am!

stannesi, u well? mi postman! c ur head! layabout talking of signing up people for LNG record- u don sign urself up 1st?

uchetobi, u try![/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 10:59pm On Apr 22, 2008
@All
Good evening Thread! Regards to everyone. Sometimes these days, one tends to wish there were more than 24 hours in a day! So much to do at work that close of business seems most unwelcome at times!

@Kennosky
Reference to your prevoius post, sure everyone has a sort of "right" to alter the topic of discussion or introduce a new topic, but not everyone may feel like doing so. I've actually nothing against the jokes and lighter posts, cos of course I read them all as I follow the thread, so if I don't respond, pls don't interprete it as meaning that I feel it's unwelcome or a waste of time on the thread.

@Kuwena
I didn't ignore you, and am sure no one else did, either. Like I've just said in my starting lines in this post, it's basically been a time issue. sometimes you get to read others' posts but may not be able to reply immediately.

hoever, if I may refer to some more recent posts of yours, with all due respect to your personal beliefs, it may interest you to know that it is highly preferable to commit your life and future into the able hands of God, than to go by what the stars say, don't get me wrong, funny enough, there is an amazing degree of "accuracy" at times with the astrologers, palmists and such like, just as there is a close relationship between time and space, thus making star-gazing a potential avenue for decoding the future (I don't quite have the time nor interest to go into this in detail); but we are expressly enjoined against practising it or any other form of fortune telling in scriptures. Hold on a minute, now! Sounding preachy, right? Well, it wouldn't be the first time I'd be sounding that way to you, I must agree, so I hope you don't lose your cool over it. Just consider these words in the cool of your heart. Several times we have a need to know what the future (either tomorrow, next week, this month, etc) may have in store for us, but because God wants us to live by faith, He prefers us to place implicit faith in Him and trust Him to see us through. In order words, we allow Him to reveal to us through means acceptable to Him, those things concerning our future that He deems fit to let us know, and as for the rest, we simply take them as they come, KNOWING that He is well able to bring us through whatever He brings us to.

Didn't quite know what to make of your strange advocation for secret cults. Had to look at the post again to be sure of what I was reading and who posted it. Unless you somehow have your own definition which is startlingly different from the usual. But it's on record that secret cults are never organisations that members want to own up openly to belonging to. Besides, they certainly CANNOT solve man's problem permanently, because ALL secret cults have one fundamental flaw which disqualifies them as a source of lasting solution to the endemic problems of mankind. The flaw? FEAR, the presence of cold, sickening fear, which is the bedrock on which evey secret cult thrives. Not fear of the future, this time, but simply fear of the repercussions of going against the establishment in that cult/society. And so, people's consciences are sold and skewered, they simply live by the rules, hoping for a better deal, but all the while knowing that the rule does not permit any form of grumbling, complaining, or even chickening out, regardless of what comes!

Why would you even consider them in the first place? discontent with your job? I understand the dilemma you're in - when U must work in a place where you detest with a passion, yet have (no choice?) than to continue. But the solution is not fetish, but faith. Simple trust in God who has brought you thus far. And Whom you can be sure will see you through the present and future. I'll however, leave further discussions on these for now.

Hope I've not bored anyone with these (old school?) ideas? Sorry, forgive me if I have. Great day ahead, everyone!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 12:10am On Apr 24, 2008
Good nite (abi na good morning)! I have an exam 2mrw (abi na 2day?). I ll have time to comment on the posts 2mrw- ciao

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.