Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,996 members, 7,856,032 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 12:54 PM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (211683 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 11:06pm On May 03, 2008
@Jisi et Ken
Too late for you chaps to create the impression of quarrelling fellows! The litanies have already been written, and people's impressions cast (though not in iron). You both remain jolly good fellows, all the same. Cheers.

And speaking of "litany", I wonder why Kuwena chose to call this expression of mutual love and admiration for one another by that term. The dictionary meaning of Litany does not portend much positivity whatsoever. Perhaps that's why some still decided to write about both the postive and negative sides of others. I think that asking me to write about what I appreciate in others does not necessarily mean that the people (i.e, we all) lack faults. Just that for now, we chose not to concentrate on faults, but rather on positive values.

@Opoks
I don't think you should be appologetic for airing your views each time. Being forthright is a virtue anyday, anytime. As long as you are not overly antagonistic anyway. Many of us are still savouring the delight of having U fully back on the thread.

@Kuwena
I doubt it's possible to have misunderstood your last post. At least, the English was plain enough. I really don't think I should take you up on that. One thing I must remind you, though, is that by repeatedly posting such write-ups, U have obviously given all readers on the thread a fair view of the kind of person you are and the sort of views you espouse. So don't keep backing off each time and claiming to have been misunderstood they interprete U correctly.

Kuwena, I don't give up on people and I can't give up on U, cos God has not given up on me either. But I guess that at times it simply makes sense to allow a man explore the path he has chosen to the very end. Well, the Bible is very clear that the backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways.. The point is that you are yet to see much of life. I recall telling U more than once that there are others around who have also passed thru similar or more traumatic experiences in life but have chosen to leave it behind and forge ahead. In your case, it seems you have clearly allowed such events to shape your decisions, outlook on life, and world view. Well, Which Way NLNG will still be around (I hope) by the time U come back to yourself and realise what U have done. It's well!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:29pm On May 03, 2008
The way this thread is going, there may soon be no place in it for me. I may soon leave you guys to have your fun your own way. Opokonwa, I thank you.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 12:13am On May 04, 2008
kuwena:

The way this thread is going, there may soon be no place in it for me. I may soon leave you guys to have your fun your own way. Opokonwa, I thank you.

[size=16pt]didnt want to post this night but when i saw your post i knew i had to do so. Kuwena, u just hit below the belt! hmmmm! abandoning the thread also?[/size]

alfaprime, don't mind Jisi with her choice of words- she just dey seek attention!

opoks, true true, u fine no b small, at least u fine pass Jisi them xmas goat (doubt they had one though!)

stannesi, from their fruits we shall know dem! u just proved that peeps know u too well!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by niyooo(m): 12:52am On May 04, 2008
@ All I hail o. Obviously I can't comment on all i've read undecided. Just coming up to speed with thing since my last posting. Interesting topic about investment. Methinks u can look at investing from the time value of money perpective, 1k today might be worth much more than 10k to you tomorrow so if you can get that 1k today and invest it wisely, it may be more beneficial to you than 2k tomorrow,  Make i no drag us back to old topics jare.

@ Kuwena, first of all i want to congratulate you on the US VISA stuff, since that's what you've always wished for, I'm happy for you and I pray you find fulfillment over there. I can assure you, no one's chasing you off the thread, rather you have the honour of always painting yourself in a weird light atimes. In a way it helps the thread progress towards the 200 page mark faster because peeps will always respond to your posts but i'm sure you can always post more value adding topics rather than the ones that cause consternation and draw out the ire of some people. I think you shouldn't look at Opoks as having it in for you, he's just the kind of person that says things as he sees them while others may say theirs in a more diplomatic way.

I couldn't go through all what you wrote and others replies but I must tell you straight up that blood is always thicker than water, you can't say you love someone you met on the net more than your siblings because when push comes to shove, your own blood will stick closer to you. I think you really need to stop dwelling on the past and face the future. There are other issues i choose not to comment on not because I agree with them but because I think somethings are better left unsaid. And I must advise you to always consider what you put down so that they don't come back to haunt you in the future. I must advise you to speak with elders and listen to what they'll tell you, adversities will always come but they are meant to be overcome and not to overcome us, they are meant to make you stronger. It is when one has overcome them that one can beat his/her (make Jisi no fight me) chest and call himself a man.

How do you feel any of your siblings will feel if they happen to come on all these postings of yours where you openly denounce them? Do you think it's always going to be smooth sailing? So what happens if there's a glitch in the program or something and you need a backup somewhere? Who do you run to? Friends? Those are the periods you need your family most to help you pass through the trying times and the family you have now are your siblings. Whatever you do please hold on to them because even the wife you might decide to marry tomorrow may desert you but your blood has no choice but to be tied to you forever. So if you sacrifice anything for your siblings, don't look at it as something you did for them but as something you did for yourself.

Having said that i must say you try o, first it was the cult thingy  shocked, then from there u progress go love tongue, walahi when i see love and efrybody come dey pour out love i come dey wonder, na him i run go check my calendar sharp sharp check to confirm say no be say i de live for future or for past, i see say no be Feb 08 or Feb 09, I come breathe sigh of relief. Anyway me i dey enjoy the thread and all the peeps wey post normal, boring, educative and even weird topics. I think that's my own "litany" of love.

@ Opoks, sometimes silence is golden or better still diplomacy is silver.  grin (CYBER SCREAM) AND WOULD YOU AND KUWENA STOP PICKING UP ON EACH OTHERS' POSTING AND ANALYZING IT SENTENCE BY SENTENCE?  angry
@ Tommy congrats on your LNG call up.
@ Kenosky, ow u dey? I'm sure u'r doing great.
Jisi 419 ke? Which 419 i do u? Tok quick before i carry u go EFCC for defamation of character. How you dey? Still keeping it real ba?
Annify, Alfaprime, Stan, Pak and every other person, I hail una.

Heen heen who was it that posted that stuff about boring Chelsea - Liverpool match? I'm sure you've eaten your words now. No vex say i dey bring am up, I Love the Blues die. This na our season, make Wigan just help us shock them Manchester United for final match make we collect the two trophy wey still dey up for grabs this season. As per Champions league, if na to die, the players ready to die for there. I don't just see Manchester United taking that cup this season. But it's all a game and it's played on the pitch and not on web pages so till May 21st, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 7:00am On May 04, 2008
Happy Sunday, beloved members, posters and readers on this thread!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 7:39am On May 04, 2008

Heen heen who was it that posted that stuff about boring Chelsea - Liverpool match? I'm sure you've eaten your words now.

He not only ate dem- he had his nose rubbed in it first before eating dem! grin

No vex say i dey bring am up, I Love the Blues die. This na our season, make Wigan just help us shock them Manchester United for final match make we collect the two trophy wey still dey up for grabs this season. As per Champions league, if na to die, the players ready to die for there. I don't just see Manchester United taking that cup this season. But it's all a game and it's played on the pitch and not on web pages so till May 21st, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

[quote][/quote]

[size=16pt]Niyooo, good to have u back- i come dey fear say Jisi don true true carry u go EFCC o (Can u confirm to us that they have underground cells? grin). Sha, all doz barbs wey dey fly around just go to show that kuwena is a genius- effortlessly stirs up the hornets nest at will- na beans? undecided, . As for opoks, leave the guy, im neva hear say the rzn we have 2 ears and one mouth be say make we listen more and yarn less lipsrsealed (dem go give am blow for mouth one day! grin)

Lastly, u r blues for life shey? Sorry to disappoint u but ur blood dey RED abi wetin u think? Now u are hoping Wigan help u beat Man U- u dey dream abi u dey awake so? Una don beat Newcastle for St James or even Bolton for stamford before u hope for the impossible? Just wait till 21st and truly ur players will want to die after their skies are painted RED from the sky blue that it is now! Even Opoks wey wan go help Abramovich rig match for moskow in favour of chelski tongue

Alfaprime, kudos- u do a lot

@all, HAPPY SUNDAY! [/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by niyooo(m): 8:52am On May 04, 2008
Kenosky, No be only underground cell dem get, na the kain basement wey that Austrian man build dem get for there. grin No mind Jisi. And you never hear of blue blood? I be real blue blooded Human being. And Wigan na one kain unpredictable team, dem fit just shock Man U. for us. Newcastle na under-achieving team now. We go pip dem for their own background Insha Allah. No worry if the skies are painted red, it'll be Man U's blood. U know say Russia Mafia still dey reign for Russia? We go just tell all dem Man U players say we get bazooka trained on each and everyone of dem if dem try to win. tongue grin

@ All have a lovely Sunday.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 8:06pm On May 04, 2008
HAPpy Sunday, filled wit d holy Spirit,
agaboso shakabaya manusaka karabaya (in tongues)

Keno no dull yourself, Manchester United dey go down, na so your face go be after 90mins
Manchester United vs Messi --- una no dey shame, ronaldo turn backman, now u wan try Chelsea wey complete, abi,
na only Keeper una get, make them 1st break him long-legs
_ _ ≈ ≈
<( ò ò )> <( @ @ )>
\ u / ===> \ u / See your face!!! before and after your defeat
{ ~ } { ب }
vVv VV

Kuwena, abeg no sacrifice us too, no leave us,
i guess "The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it.", We don give-up, since

stannesi, from their fruits we shall know them! u just proved that peeps know u too well!

Omo which kind talk be that, i never even plant sef, no try me ooo, !
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 9:17pm On May 04, 2008
niyooo:

Kenosky, No be only underground cell them get, na the kain basement wey that Austrian man build them get for there. grin No mind Jisi. And you never hear of blue blood? I be real blue blooded Human being. And Wigan na one kain unpredictable team, them fit just shock Manchester United. for us. Newcastle na under-achieving team now. We go pip them for their own background Insha God. No worry if the skies are painted red, it'll be Manchester United's blood. You know say Russia Mafia still dey reign for Russia? We go just tell all them Manchester United players say we get bazooka trained on each and everyone of them if them try to win. tongue grin

@ All have a lovely Sunday.

[size=16pt] grin cheesy cool ol boi, abeg i no fit laff- blue blooded fire! embarassed wetin make all of una dey believe say mosCOW na chelski home? undecided  Russian militia ko! russian roulette ni! shocked! Dont tell mi you're still hoping to win the league o! My guy ugoSMART (lived up to his name because i for turn am to ugoDULL) wey be die- hard pass u self don concede the cup (claiming say na arrangee sha! Imagine the cheek shocked)- Wigan na unpredictable team? infakt, try go sleep weda u go get yourself when u wake up. Happy sunday to you to[/size]

stannesi:

Keno no dull yourself, Manchester United dey go down, na so your face go be after 90mins
Manchester United vs Messi --- una no dey shame, ronaldo turn backman, now u wan try Chelsea wey complete, abi,
na only Keeper una get, make them 1st break him long-legs
_ _ ≈ ≈
<( ò ò )> <( @ @ )>
{ ~ } { ب }
vVv VV

[size=16pt]your middle name na KOLO toure? its 90 minutes that would end it all- i no get time to drag anything with u! All i ll say is that 'he wey laff last na im go laff best and longest!'. I promise u one thing though- u l be laffing with the other side of your mouth after the match![/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 9:38pm On May 04, 2008
Keno na u get mouth pass,

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs louder. tongue

na so we go laugh loud when u dey cry, anyhw sha who send me sef, i be Barca, just wanna enjoy d finals like u said

i no be Kolo, oooo i'm just as me as i can be iight!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by JISIDAISY(f): 1:36am On May 05, 2008
tongue Huh? Seeking for attention? You are a sucker for that Kenosky.

Opokss it is true u fine pass our xmas goat cheesy but u get to see him pikin-----una two resemble grin.

Kuwena, angry "HOW ARE THE MIGHTY FALLEN".

Aniffy, u scare oh.

Guyz----I gotta go to work 2morrow--got some exciting nuz for you all---but it will have to wait till tomorrow. Night guyz---(sleeping already) I taya.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 6:31am On May 05, 2008
JISIDAISY:

tongue Huh? Seeking for attention? You are a sucker for that Kenosky.

come, na who u dey refer to for here? I no understand dis ya english o! undecided

Opokss it is true u fine pass our xmas goat cheesy but u get to see him pikin-----una two resemble grin.

I think i have to burst ya bubble sha- opoks fyne small (just small o). jisi, i av seen u and u no fyne pass opoks dem own easter sheep! grin

Kuwena, angry "HOW ARE THE MIGHTY FALLEN".

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Aniffy, u scare oh.

lipsrsealed

Guys----I gotta go to work 2morrow--got some exciting nuz for you all---but it will have to wait till tomorrow. Night guys---(sleeping already) I taya.

abeg, go sleep so dat u can work well tomorrow- good news dat can be kept till 2mrw? Jisi, i know u well, if the story oo good like dat, u wont be able to wait to spill the beans. So, catch ur sleep and deliver ur so-called good news whenever u wake up!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 8:49am On May 05, 2008
kuwena:

I take that as a compliment.

niyooo:

@ Opoks, sometimes silence is golden or better still diplomacy is silver.  grin (CYBER SCREAM) AND WOULD YOU AND KUWENA STOP PICKING UP ON EACH OTHERS' POSTING AND ANALYZING IT SENTENCE BY SENTENCE?  angry

Thank you for your advice.
However, instead of seeing it as picking on anybody (Kuwena in particular), can you please see it as being me?

I did not only criticize Kuwena, I did same to both Kenosky and Jaisy, if you read my post well. And lately to Stannesi.
And they did not come back crying 'blue murder'! embarassed
Everyone leaves an impression on everyone else, on and off thread.
Every action or inaction, on and off thread leaves an impression (right or wrong) and one person cannot be right all the time and everyone else wrong.

Kuwena has certainly left his impression on me. So am I meant to pretend about it? So that 'peace' will reign?
I don't dwell in the mist of pretenders.
Opoks! is not a politician.

A 'litany' of whatever undecided was called and Opoks! gave his candid view. Am I supposed to agree with everyone else?
So that I do not stir up the hornet's nest?
I merely gave Opoks! view.

I don't come into the thread to spread 'fake love'. It ain't real to me. embarassed
Better an Opoks! who tells you where he stands than all the world living in Fools' Paradise.
It doesn't always have to be nice.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 9:09am On May 05, 2008
Stannessi, the new Solomon.

check out his qoutes

“Pessimists are more often right, but optimists accomplish more.”

"Always be nice to those younger than you, because they are the ones who will be writing about you."

"Experience is the worst teacher; it gives the test before presenting the lesson"

"The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it.",

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs louder"

I must confess i have been doing a lot of copying and pasting lately.
abi you get book or website wey you dey copy am from?

stannesi:

I have always appreciated your sense of humour (I appreciate humour anytime, anywhere)
but I guess there is no point joking about sacred things,
there are soooo many other topics to joke about.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 1:53pm On May 05, 2008
stannesi:

_ _ ≈ ≈
<( ò ò )> <( @ @ )>
{ ~ } { ب }
vVv VV

This guy! E be like say you get 'prophetic eyes' shocked shocked shocked or have you seen Kenosky before?

I say this b/c haven met Kenosky, he looks just like the first image.
The second one rather looks like a zombie!

But how you get time construct all these things
E be like say you no dey work? You get time sha!

stannesi:

Kuwena, abeg no sacrifice us too, no leave us,
i guess "The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it.", We don give-up, since

For the first time in a long while, somebody is actually making me laff! grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 2:06pm On May 05, 2008
kenosky:

[size=16pt]your middle name na KOLO toure? its 90 minutes that would end it all- i no get time to drag anything with u! All i ll say is that 'he wey laff last na im go laff best and longest!'. I promise u one thing though- u l be laffing with the other side of your mouth after the match![/size]

All these Arsenal fans wey no fit shut up! angry

JISIDAISY:

Guys----I gotta go to work 2morrow--got some exciting nuz for you all---but it will have to wait till tomorrow. Night guys---(sleeping already) I taya.

Exciting news?
Are you getting married?
Do you need contributions??

kenosky:

I think i have to burst ya bubble sha- opoks fyne small (just small o). jisi, i av seen u and u no fyne pass opoks them own easter sheep! grin

Why small na?!
Why not 'Big'??!
Ok I get, make my head no swell? yeah! I like my head the size wey e be.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 9:38pm On May 05, 2008
[size=16pt]opoks, gerroutttt! grin cheesy, which kain 'opoks is not a politician!' talk be dat? U r the MOSTEST politician (forgive my grammar) wey i don see- yeye boi! Na ur face stannesi draw for the second image sha (at least when u laff with d other side of ya mouth! shocked and for ur information u ll have a crying partner in stannesi (thank God u sabi say im no get work? just like u!! kiss).

@all, good nite and sleep tite
[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by JISIDAISY(f): 10:07pm On May 05, 2008
Kenosky-----craze part 1 grin. Opokss----- craze part 2 grin grin. And for being doubting thomas' I wont be telling you the gud nuz.

i dey sleepy too much nowadays oh. Pls 4give me guyzz but i gotta go to sleep. sad
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 10:49pm On May 05, 2008
I must confess i have been doing a lot of copying and pasting lately.
abi you get book or website wey you dey copy am from?

2pac, na long old story, u don't want to hear it, any how sha, love cracks, jokes trickquestns
learnt some, heard some, forged some, that is about it, incase i forget thanx 4 d hypin, i not be Solo ooo

Opoks/Keno, na una know, i dey find work, me na lazy man, haha
"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then to rest afterward" lol wink
I don't even butter my bread; I consider that cooking.
well u can chek ma post stats and see my post times mostly falls at my free sleeping hours, so i gues i had time to draw, love doodlin can't help it, besides it too. less dan a min. do that,
If u wana see person wey no get work check this out http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/919985/44177 -- (Hitman drwin)

D lady has confirm d whole din, na una CrAZ, pass 4 here, case closed. bam!

KUWENA da vinci where u dey?
♫hehehe♪e (ө)(ө)
\ / () \
_ \ '--' / _
{ '-`"""`-' }
`"/ \"`
\ /
_/ /\ \_
{ / \ }
`"` `"` i'm sORRY 4 sketch, can't help it
Re: Which Way Nlng? by niyooo(m): 11:32pm On May 05, 2008
Opoks, I'm not seeing it as picking on anyone, all I'm saying is there are somethings you just ignore and it has nothing to do with politics. Haba!!! It's not everything wrong you see that you try to correct. You stay in Lag now, how many of the wrongs that you see daily do you try to correct?    For example you are on your way to work, you see someone drive like a mad man as is very common in Lag, do you now stop and say you want to go and correct it? No. You can't correct the whole world. People are "different" and their outlook and perception of life differs. You can't always make someone see things your what even though your way may be right. Somethings you just ignore, You don't have to reply to every post now. The fact you don't reply doesn't mean you don't see it. wink

@ Jisi, Exciting news wey dey wait for two days?   Na wah even the conception of Mary no create tension tey reach that. Abi our Bachelor Speaker House of Rep don propose? grin

@ Kenosky, No worry if Wigan no do am for us, we go do am ourselves. We go beat Bolton 24 - 0  grin

Stan nice art work.

@ all good night.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 6:33am On May 06, 2008
[size=16pt]niyoo, so u dey with opoks and stannesi too? Well, 21st is just around the corner- no need to bandy words with u guys! tongue

Jisi, just try not to allow ur good news choke u- u hear?[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 1:09pm On May 06, 2008
niyooo:

Opoks, I'm not seeing it as picking on anyone, all I'm saying is there are somethings you just ignore and it has nothing to do with politics. Haba!!! It's not everything wrong you see that you try to correct. You stay in Lag now, how many of the wrongs that you see daily do you try to correct?    For example you are on your way to work, you see someone drive like a mad man as is very common in Lag, do you now stop and say you want to go and correct it? No. You can't correct the whole world. People are "different" and their outlook and perception of life differs. You can't always make someone see things your what even though your way may be right. Somethings you just ignore, You don't have to reply to every post now. The fact you don't reply doesn't mean you don't see it. wink

I wonder what we are arguing about here?

A litany was called and I duly posted mine.

Kuwena responded with a his characteristic very long post.
Kenosky responded
Stannesi responded
Jisi responded
Opoks! then responded in his characteristic very critical manner and took over the thread, discussing other issues.
Alfaprime responded
Then Kuwena again
And again Kenosky
Then came Niyoo with his 'silence is golden or better still diplomacy is silver'

I wonder if it was only Opoks! Opoks! Opoks! Opoks! that you saw up there?

Everyone else wrote their minds, criticisms and 'corrections' as you put it. It was only Opoks! own that you read?

And may I ask, if 'silence is golden', I wonder why you proceeded to write your own thesis below:

@ All I hail o. Obviously I can't comment on all i've read . Just coming up to speed with thing since my last posting. Interesting topic about investment. Methinks u can look at investing from the time value of money perpective, 1k today might be worth much more than 10k to you tomorrow so if you can get that 1k today and invest it wisely, it may be more beneficial to you than 2k tomorrow,  Make i no drag us back to old topics jare.

@ Kuwena, first of all i want to congratulate you on the US VISA stuff, since that's what you've always wished for, I'm happy for you and I pray you find fulfillment over there. I can assure you, no one's chasing you off the thread, rather you have the honour of always painting yourself in a weird light atimes. In a way it helps the thread progress towards the 200 page mark faster because peeps will always respond to your posts but i'm sure you can always post more value adding topics rather than the ones that cause consternation and draw out the ire of some people. I think you shouldn't look at Opoks as having it in for you, he's just the kind of person that says things as he sees them while others may say theirs in a more diplomatic way.

I couldn't go through all what you wrote and others replies but I must tell you straight up that blood is always thicker than water, you can't say you love someone you met on the net more than your siblings because when push comes to shove, your own blood will stick closer to you. I think you really need to stop dwelling on the past and face the future. There are other issues i choose not to comment on not because I agree with them but because I think somethings are better left unsaid. And I must advise you to always consider what you put down so that they don't come back to haunt you in the future. I must advise you to speak with elders and listen to what they'll tell you, adversities will always come but they are meant to be overcome and not to overcome us, they are meant to make you stronger. It is when one has overcome them that one can beat his/her (make Jisi no fight me) chest and call himself a man.

How do you feel any of your siblings will feel if they happen to come on all these postings of yours where you openly denounce them? Do you think it's always going to be smooth sailing? So what happens if there's a glitch in the program or something and you need a backup somewhere? Who do you run to? Friends? Those are the periods you need your family most to help you pass through the trying times and the family you have now are your siblings. Whatever you do please hold on to them because even the wife you might decide to marry tomorrow may desert you but your blood has no choice but to be tied to you forever. So if you sacrifice anything for your siblings, don't look at it as something you did for them but as something you did for yourself.

Having said that i must say you try o, first it was the cult thingy  , then from there u progress go love , walahi when i see love and efrybody come dey pour out love i come dey wonder, na him i run go check my calendar sharp sharp check to confirm say no be say i de live for future or for past, i see say no be Feb 08 or Feb 09, I come breathe sigh of relief. Anyway me i dey enjoy the thread and all the peeps wey post normal, boring, educative and even weird topics. I think that's my own "litany" of love.

You should have simply dropped in and said;

"All I hail o!
*No comment*"

And walk away.

Or

"All I hail o!
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed"

Or better still;

"All I hail o!
silence is golden"

And walk away.

Guy please practise what you preach.

No need raising unnecessary red flags!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:40pm On May 06, 2008
Just thot u'd like to know: 'His Holiness' does not refer to God, but to the Pope.

With this bit of information, re-read your earlier criticism, 'Konwa. sad
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 1:46pm On May 06, 2008
Kuwena, its new meaning does not change the message or the lesson.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 5:09pm On May 06, 2008
@Opoks

If I talk say you be rofo rofo fighter,

u go dey vex grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 9:22pm On May 06, 2008
kuwena:

Just thot u'd like to know: 'His Holiness' does not refer to God, but to the Pope.

With this bit of information, re-read your earlier criticism, 'Konwa. sad

undecided lipsrsealed sad

opokonwa:

Kuwena, its new meaning does not change the message or the lesson.

lipsrsealed undecided sad

Enuff is enuff o jare! una well? tongue
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 9:37pm On May 06, 2008
which levels Na war,

2pak, Keno no worry, d page go soon turn, (pg123) we go start wit new topic, till den i no comment on d issue

"War does not determine who is right -- only who is left."

anyhow sha, hw waz your day people, ? mine waz freakin rainy, gat wet, cool anyway,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 11:01pm On May 06, 2008
Guys, I think Opoks is making a point in his last post. Come to think of it, he wasn't the one who initiated the idea of a Litany in the first place. Secondly, he wasn't the only one who responded to Kuwena's lengthy post either. I also did, as did so many others some of whom he has already listed. You could also say that, inasmuch as Kuwena's lenghty post had nothing to do with a litany, the ensuing discussions generated by the post and Niyoo's comments needn't attempt tying the two together.

However, where I think Opoks may have got it mixed up was in his understanding of the whole concept of litany. Opoks, Kuwena wasn't exactly asking us to give our impressions of people on the thread. If that was his suggestion, then your litany was accurate, 100% to the definition, for You were sincere in stating both the  good and poor impressions we've individually made on You. Rather, what Kuwena asked for was simply to write about the good sides of people on this thread. I think that's simple enough, considering that even the worst sinner or criminal on earth also has some innate good qualities in him that anyone who knows him could talk about. Yes? Agreed? So even if You knew a thousand terrible, unprintable things about someone but only one positive thing about the person, for instance, what Kuwena suggested doing was only to talk about that one positive attribute! Recall the anecdote he shared about the class of students who were asked to write notes to encourage one another?

Finally before leaving this not-too-uplifting issue, Kuwena, I'd like to revisit what I mentioned earlier (in passing?) about the propriety of the word "litany". Have You checked it up in the dictionary yet? Not a very postive word, I must say. Apart from the original meaning which refers to prayers offered to God by a priest, the other contemporary meaning refers to a long, boring account or story. To talk about a , "litany of love", well, is quite a novel concept. Perhaps that's why some people decided to take it at face value, if You know what I mean.

@Stannesi

Really! I mean, I doff my hat! Don't think I've met anyone who's so artistic with these simple, ordinarily dry-looking keyboard characters. Keep it up.

Cheers all. Certainly, the topic's going to change. And while we're at it, does anyone know anything about the dangers of giving out soft loans? I'd like to know if it's related to this issue of investing with "other people's money" or something like that. i.e, where someone puts all his money to work by probably investing it, and then comes along to borrow money from You (without interest, of course!) in order to get by till the next pay day, ,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 11:42pm On May 06, 2008
[size=16pt]alfaprime, as usual, d UN mediator- thanx bro! I still tell u the polity is not heated! dse brothaz gat no love lost and they always end up better friendz after d storm blows over! strange bed fellows if u ask mi!

stannesi, like alfa said, u dey try with all d keyboard designs wey u dey do (claiming it took u less than a minute though na dagbo!). Also, u said ur day was freaking rainy and den u gat wet and now u r cool. It should av been obvious to even u self dat when u go out without ur umbrella, and it rains, u get wait and u ll definitely be cool. U no yarn anything at all o! cool grin

opoks, u don meet ur target abi make i enter ur name for this boxing contest coming up in burkina faso soon? DICK TIGER!!!!
[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 11:55pm On May 06, 2008
AlfaPrime:

Cheers all. Certainly, the topic's going to change. And while we're at it, does anyone know anything about the dangers of giving out soft loans? I'd like to know if it's related to this issue of investing with "other people's money" or something like that. i.e, where someone puts all his money to work by probably investing it, and then comes along to borrow money from You (without interest, of course!) in order to get by till the next pay day, ,

Soft loans actually depend on the recipient. If the person in question is trustworthy, you can go ahead to lend. The only danger in giving out soft loans is that you may NEVER get your money back! As a personal rule, i only lend to others what i can afford to lose. Well, in my opinion, i don't think it is the same as investing with other people's money and let me explain;

In every financial economy , there are 2 classifications. Providers of capital and Spenders of capital. The savers (people that save in the bank) are the providers while the borrowers (people that borrow from the bank) are the spenders of capital while the Bank is the financial intermediary.

The idea of using other people's money is to have leverage. This is similar to the principle of the Bible (where 1 will chase 1,000 and 2 will chase 10,000 - somewhere in Ecclesiastes or so tongue). The borrower goes to the bank and gets (borrows) capital at a particular interest rate, which is the cost of that capital. His objective is to do business with the money over with a specific time frame, and turn it over such that the revenue will be enough to take care of the interest incurred and some profit for his troubles. However, please note that the money (capital) used in question was provided by other people (the savers). He only bore the risk and controlled the cash. This is the basic principle of using Other People's Money.

The idea of someone investing his money and then borrowing from you till the next pay day isn't necessarily using other people's money, because the amount deployed for investment is still a function of his sole effort. The concept of OPM would only stand if the money borrowed was added to his personal own and then invested, but borrowing from a colleague for personal consumption and not business purposes is not an effective utilization of OPM.

My 2 cents wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by niyooo(m): 12:19am On May 07, 2008
Opoks all I'm saying is you guys should try to learn to live together. I didn't even go through all the postings. I just browsed through and I think I saw Kuwena say something like he's gonna take time to reply you word for word or something like that. And the next thing you know he replies, u reply and then the whole world starts hearing about different people's history and all that. I also think Alfaprime has clarified something about what was intended and what wasn't intended. As per my posting, all i did was advice the young man so he doesn't in the heat of the moment do things he'll regret later. So you think that's wrong or something? Anyway abeg just drop the whole thing, the sky's big enough for birds to fly without running into each other. This particular thread is more than big enough for you and Kuwena. You guys should eschew any bad blood that might still be hiding somewhere. AND THAT IS THE LAST I WANT TO SAY ABOUT THIS ISSUE PLS.

@ Alfaprime, I don't think that's the idea behind making other people's money work for you. I think that's plain wickedness if it's like a colleague doing something like that but on the other hand if the person giving out the soft loan has nothing better to do with his/her money, no problem( U might actually be helping the person save it, if the person is a spendthrift) I think the person who knows what to do with the money can go ahead and take the soft loan as long as he/she pays back and doesn't inconvenience the lender and doesn't make it a habit cos I don't see how much soft loan one can really take from a colleague that will really be worth having a rep as someone who's always borrowing money. But it's an interesting topic sha let's see other people's take on the issue.

@ all good night.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 12:40am On May 07, 2008
@ Recent posters
Thanks for the quick responses. Annify & Niyooo, I'm quite interested in your explanations. Shedding more light, Still await more posts on the questions. Thanks all. Have a great Wednesday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.