Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,152 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (210026 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by Shablo: 6:37pm On Jul 03, 2007
One more thing, if you are coming from a far place, dont mise, take flight as all your tickets will be paid for TO and FRO. Just keep the tickets.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by roshmedia(m): 7:44pm On Jul 04, 2007
thanks guys for the info.

and please was the whole thing same for engineers and social science etc?

and was there any question about your knowledge of nlng history and operation?

good luck to all in the house. smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jenks(m): 8:16am On Jul 05, 2007
@roshmedia , i wasn't asked about nlng and it seems d same for everybody except they later change like they did with d 2nd stage. for now, its d same.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jalo: 10:10am On Jul 05, 2007
hi all,
i guess virtually evrybody in d house would av done by now and i guess d waiting game continues cos the reslut will be out by first week in september,so all we can do now is to hope and pray to d Almighty to be our strenght, kuwena aw was d xperience like?, so long
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tblack3: 11:32am On Jul 05, 2007
kwuena,how did it all go.Hope to see you in training school by His grace.One love buddies
Re: Which Way Nlng? by zhia2000(f): 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2007
please not everyone has done the interview/assessment mine's on the 14th of July.

Hope it went well for those that have done it. Kuwena please fill us in,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by extype: 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2007
please those of you that have done yours shd please tell us some of the questions they asked you so we can know specifically wat to expect.thats the least you people can do for us.help your brothers.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2007
Hello Guys,

Thanks to those who let on info about the Assessment Centre as well as assurances on how it went.

My interview is slated for 11th July.

All I believe is that God will do what He says He will do.

All the best.

I'm out till then

@ Kuwena, thanks so much for keeping this thread alive this far. I believe you'll continue to do so
Re: Which Way Nlng? by extype: 8:33pm On Jul 06, 2007
is there no more contribution about nlng?where are all those who av done theirs?na so?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 1:10am On Jul 07, 2007
@ kuwena

Can this be happening?

Is this true?
The great Kuwena has been silenced,
No info,
Remember that this is not how we started oooo!!!!

Spill the beans, wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tblack3: 11:08am On Jul 07, 2007
aniffyeva,there is nothing more to spill check pg 12.Shablo has broken everything down.Everything, not more than that, the only thing to spill again might be your score grin.Relax all you need is God's favour.Shalom and all the best to all ya that has not done
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:28am On Jul 07, 2007
cheesy My people, what is all this talk about @kuwena being silenced! I am just back from my final encounter with NLNG. And now, I shall tell you how it went. I was scheduled for July the 4th, this month, like you all know. So I took a casual leave that has lasted for one week. I traveled from Kano to Lagos, enroute Abuja, where I stopped a day to visit a friend and to get a feel of the city (Abuja is one place I love very much). Leaving Abuja, I entered Lagos on Tuesday evening, and went straight to Festac, where I stayed. I settled in, and began to make phone calls to all my friends, to tell them I had arrived. The entire Tuesday was spent catching up with friends. Then on Wednesday, the 4th of July, 2007, the Dooms Day, I chartered a taxi from Festac all the way to Federal Palace Hotel, VI (it cost me =N=1,500.00) at quarter to seven; but because of the traffic jam, I still reached Federal Palace at ten minutes past eight. As soon as I entered the hall (I think it was the 11th floor or so) I saw the other candidates seated. Each person was well dressed in suit, as I was. They were being accredited. Accreditation in this regard simply means their viewing the originals of your university degree result and your sworn declaration of age, or birth crtificate. After the accreditation, we were given tags (since we were 20 to be interviewed that day, we were divided into two groups, A and B; so we had candidated A 1-10, and it was to be the same for those in B). I was in A.

The exercise consisted on three major activities:
1. Group Exercise: Here they test your amenability to group settings
2. Presentation: Here they test how you can analyze complex hypothetical situations and respond to questions on them
3. Competency Based Interview: Here they try to find out your chief motivations.

Basically, there will be breakfast and luch lavishly served. There will also be transport fares given you. Everything will be doctored to your benefit. You need not even read any textbook, or anything whatsoever. You are simply to be yourself. Afterall, Socrates himself said: 'Be yourself, for noone likes a counterfeit.' You are also to show intelligence and a high level of self confidence. You are to be honest and humble; careful and considerate. Recall that you are not competing against people, but against the standard of the great NLNG.

The interview is the last stage. DO NOT CALL THEM AFTERWARDS. We are asked to be patient. The results would be out by September. If you get no offer letter, telling you to resume work, by the end of September, it means you have not been taken. If you do, it means you have, and are to resume work; there will not likely be training first; training comes after you must have worked awhile, and your skills known, so that they become clear on what they should train you on.

Please, relax. If you are tense, you will mess up.

Your 2-hot-2-handle Kuwena  wink

(Y2K)

One love always!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:44am On Jul 07, 2007
Also, I met @jbyno at the centre, and it was indeed a lovely meeting. Let's see if he will tell you guys of his own experience. @jbyno, over to you. tongue cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Sequoia(m): 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2007
kuwena:

Also, I met @jbyno at the centre, and it was indeed a lovely meeting. Let's see if he will tell you guys of his own experience. @jbyno, over to you. tongue cheesy

kuwena na so? was it only jbyno that you met, what of the other nairaland members that we hooked up there?

anyway hope yourself and jbyno had safe trips back.

sure was a stressful day with all the moving around from room to room, going from one floor to another.

talking about the food, it seems anytime i was about to have something thats when the assessors come for me!!!

our group of twenty was nice though, some funny characters, some cool guys and a lot of bankers!! seems like half of us were with one bank or the other.

well for those that are yet to have theirs, kuwena and shablo(i think on p 12) have given u all the dirt on the nlng thing.

remember all -he don sign am say we go , na our destiny make them no think am.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by extype: 9:21pm On Jul 07, 2007
thanks fof the info so far.u guys av bin too much. am for 9th july. any body for that day?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 10:00pm On Jul 08, 2007
@ Kuwena

Na you be the man!!!!!

Thanks for the info, blow-by-blow style, cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jbyno: 9:10am On Jul 09, 2007
Hi all;
This is th e first time i'm comin online since i came back from lagos. Guys, lagos wasnt funny; i went through hell to get back to Abuja. Oh well, dats all in the past.
for the NLNG proper, it was cool. there's really nothin extra to add to what kuwena said; he has spoken exhaustively on it. U just have to remain cool, or u will find urself stammering during the presentation, try and get to know ur group members so as to be comfortable talking with and to them during the group discussion, and finally, dont prepare on what to say during the competency interview, just flow with the questions being asked. if u prepare what to say, u'll start blabbing wen u are asked somthin different.

Sleep well the night before the interview and try to leave the house early enough so as to get to the interview on time. and finally, dont eat too much, or u'll get sleepy during the interview grin.

@kuwena, how was ur journey back?

I hope to meet all u guys wen we start in september! grin smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jbyno: 9:18am On Jul 09, 2007
@Sequoia, how u dey? it was great meeting all u guys at that interview. and for other nairalanders who are scheduled for different days, we'll see in september cheesy grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 9:58am On Jul 09, 2007
@ Kuwena
Thanks so much for the info you posted.
Its a lifesaver.

Guys,
Anybody for 11th of July
I am about to leave Kebbi State for Lagos now
I am out
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jalo: 11:40am On Jul 09, 2007
hi all,
kuwena,wellcome from the land of experience and i hope the house will learn not to always jump to conclusion cos it may nt be the way they think.evrything abt lng has been said and i hope there wont be any further accusation of someone witholding info.all we need do now is probably make good use of this incubation period b4 the egg of good news(lng) hatches, all d best and Godspeed to dose waiting for thier day to come, God dey.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 2:22pm On Jul 09, 2007
Well, well, @sequoia, what was your normal name at the center, and what was your canditate number? It was @jbyno that I got to know both by normal name and by nairaland sign-on, so I'm sorry - of course he was not the only one I met there. Thanks for reminding me.

For those who are yet to do theirs, remember the key observations I gave earlier: I said you should be yourself. I also said you should be careful and considerate (especially in the group exercise); I also said you should show intelligence and a high level of confidence. Lastly, I said you should be honest. Let me tell you a story here:

There was this beggar who was passing by a posh street. He sighted a man who appeared well off. The man was washing a lovely automobile, which gave further credence to his being wealthy. The beggar walked slowly up to him. As the beggar approached, the man began to feel apprehensive. He thought the beggar was going to be a nuisance by asking him for money. And he dreaded such a nuisance value, but took it forgranted that he was going to have to bear it. However, when the beggar drew close up to him, instead of asking for money, the beggar politely and confidently - without the slightest dint of shyness or trepidation - began to engage the man in a more or less intellectual conversation. The man thoroughly enjoyed the company of the beggar and was pleasantly surprised at his level of understanding of life. When the beggar declared it was time for him to go, the man missed him already and was forced to ask, 'But don't you need help?' Instead of the usual, 'Please, help me, for I do need help,' the beggar simply reiterated, 'Don't we all need help?' The man ended up giving him much more than he had initially intended to.

This story is for all those who prepare to face NLNG soon. Don't give them the impression you are begging for a job. Give them the impression that they need your help; they need your services; that you are the person they want, that you are capable of working for them; believe me, they need you as much as you need them; recall what the beggar said: 'Don't we all need help?' I tell you, we all do, including the great and mighty NLNG. I say this because I know that someone out there is asking, 'Can I really make it; am I the one they want?' I tell you, 'Be still and know that [God] is God' (Psalm 46 v 10). We all here at nairaland.com are waiting especially for your testimony. Your furture is colourful, and I know you will get there. Besides, 'He that started the good work in you will be faithful to complete it.' And, above all, 'they that trust in the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and shall not be weary; they shall walk and shall not faint.'

'E don sign am say we go make am; Baba God don sign am say we go do am-o; na wa destiny, make dem no tink am!'

I love you.  smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2007
@kuwena,
     ur mother truly has a child in u.how i wish u were my son.thanks 4 d info.i cant agree less with u.i have mine on d 20th of this month after exactly 4 days after my birthday.i was a bit tense but after reading ur mails,i am now more confident dn ever.i trust in d mercy and indescribable love of the Almighty God to grant us success.u are d bomb
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 4:49pm On Jul 09, 2007
Just before I log out and leave, I want to quickly answer @jbyno's question: My journey back was lovely. I set off the very next morning with ABC Transport's second morning bus to Abuja. Recall that ABC is the road version of an aeroplane. I slept, watched movies and ate what I was served. The next day, I left Abuja for Kano, in a station wagon 505. That journey too was relaxing. I am back now in Kano, and have resumed working. Instead of worrying about the NLNG encounter, I say a daily rosary. I remind myself of the truism of old: 'Why worry, when you can pray?' And, @adrianic, I thank you very much. God bless you.

Bye all. wink

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by tblack3: 9:10am On Jul 10, 2007
wow,so many religious fellas in the house, i hope we will keep it up in NLNG, We will get there by His grace, hope to c all ya guys in training school.G.luck, oh i also heard they are looking for about 80 out of 500, well am one of them by His grace remaining 79 slots to fill wink.one love fellas

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by jalo: 3:26pm On Jul 10, 2007
hi all,
i just want to ask the house if anybody was told that they r going to use the text score from the 2nd stage with the assessment center score?the panel that interviewed me said somethin like that and i want to confrim, av fun y'all grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tblack3: 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2007
hi all,was anyone told at the competence interview that they will use the test we did earlier?? i mean the ability test, the one that qualified us for the assessment center, Kwuena,jbyno,seq, anything like that jalo, i can't confirm for you at the moment,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:12pm On Jul 10, 2007
Fellow NLNG Hopefuls, what is this fretting over their using the previous test scores or not? I heard nothing to that effect, and where it is normal to think that they would like to go through all what they have so far on the about 80 people they are likely to take - I did hear they were looking for about 80 - I want to assume that the interview scores themselves are sufficient for use. This is not the time to worry. 'Why worry, when you can pray'? For those who are Catholics, like @jbyno, I am starting my daily Rosary devotion today. I hope it will last till the end of September. You are invited to join me. Also, for any time I am worried about the NLNG stuff, I will speak thus to my worry: 'If God be for [me], who can be against me?' There are also up to a million other ejaculatory prayers we can say to beef us up all the time. 'They that trust in Yahweh are like Mount Zion that can never be shaken' (Psalm 125 v 1). So, please do not fret. Pray.

Or don't you believe that 'E don sign am say we go make am; Baba God don sign am say we go do am-o; na wa destiny, make dem no tink am'?

I do. cool
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 6:12pm On Jul 10, 2007
And to encourage you, here's a Greeting:

http://www.123greetings.com/view/AX20710095829980
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jbyno: 8:19am On Jul 11, 2007
Firstly, i did not know it was about 80 they were going to take o! is it confirmed from a reliable source? well, if it is, dat leaves 78 slots for u guys left since i and t-black have taken two already grin. kuwena, hurry and take yours cheesy

Secondly, i was not told anything in the interview about using the second stage test in the final assessment. did u guys ask dem b4 dey told u dat? i still think it doesnt matter; if they are going to use it, it probably will be to determine what aspect of the test u did well in, and maybe dat will form part of the basis for the department u will be posted to! "I GUESS".

@kuwena is right, we shuldnt frett over these minor issues, u'll just be stressing urselves. just relax and pray like kuwena suggested and in september, we'll definitely be there!

safe!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tblack3: 8:47am On Jul 11, 2007
its been wonderful knowing you guys, we will all get there by His grace.One love always, seems the last date of assessment is 20th july, one love buddies,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 3:35pm On Jul 11, 2007
smiley

@jbyno, I thank you. You know, some people may be wondering why we don't just shut up and go to sleep. They may be saying, 'These NLNG aspirants know how to talk. They have done their interview; why can they not let us rest! And this @kuwena, he talks too much. I wonder what he will do if he is not taken. He may just as well kill himself. This his thread is nearing its 14th page, yet he goes on talking and rambling, and talking and rambling; phew! Anyway, let's watch and see; afterall, when the race is over, we may count the miles.'

No problem; but I shall go on talking; not just for myself, but for all of us, NLNG Hopefuls. We have come a long way. @jbyno, can you recall that one of those good people at our centre told us that in the beginning we were just above 18,000? From 18,000 the number came down to say, 5,000; then from 5,000 we are now just under 500 supposedly. Do you also recall that the good NLNG official said that Management had told him to congratulate us for getting this far? We thank God.

There is a song I learnt one day at Sunday School, far back. It goes thus:

I don't believe You brought me this far to leave me (2ce)
I'd come too far from where I started from
When somebody told me
O, my mama told me
O, my sister told me
O, my brother told me
That the road won't be easy
But I don't believe You brought me this far to leave me
No no no no no no
I don't believe You brought me this far to leave me.

When I think of the struggles, especially fighting the demons within, those doubtful thoughts that inspire pessimism, those ethers that ask, 'Are you sure you can make it?' I quickly reassure myself of the saving power of our God. 'I lie down and sleep comes at once, for you alone Lord make me dwell in safety.' Yes, yes, thanks for claiming your positions already. I guess I should join you; so if there are 80 spaces and I now have taken the third, we have 77 left. A considerable number, if you ask me.

Welcome on board the NLNG Employment Flight. We are going higher everyday; why not join us?

'Be still and know that [God] is God' (Psalm 46 v 10).  Amen

smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2007
And I just felt I should say this: When we think about how God has blessed this country, we are forced to do all in our power to contribute to its progress. But what do we have these days? Our most intelligent minds leave for the white man's country. If there is a way we can keep them, through allowing them serve in the most sensitive of capacities, why don't we? Perhaps that is why NLNG is so particular about picking the best. The best of young minds there in the entire country. I find myself wishing them luck.

Till I see you all again. Have a nice day. And keep hoping.

One love. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.