Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (210183 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:54pm On Jan 13, 2008
No, I do not think this thread is ready for burial, at least not from my end. It may need overhaul though. smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:59pm On Jan 13, 2008
Adrian gives us a blueprint on the way forward. He says that we should concentrate our talk on issues. It seems to me that when we discuss healthy issues, and not persons, we may all have a nice time. Thanks a lot, Adrian. Could you suggest any issues at this time? smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 8:54am On Jan 14, 2008
Monday morning . . .

Time for week's targets . . .

@adrianic

I read your post and it said it for the most part.

There are things that are best not said for now.

As a lot has happened between last week and now.

And a lot more are felt underneath than aired out.

I agree.

I for one had several personal calls and text msgs from alarmed peeps, people's fiancees screamed out, people's brothers called them, sisters hallad and several friends called several thread members who happened to trace my number.

People were really alarmed at Kuwena's post against Opoks!

On my own, I feel a sense of responsibility, for being part of this fiasco.

Any leader worth his salt would actually feel some sense of responsibility.

And I apologise to all my fans.

The 'madness' had actually gone too far and touched more lives than I ever imagined.

I won't say any more than this for now.

@Kuwena

I can imagine why you felt sooooooooo good on Friday evening!

After painting my family and my person black and blue with your sordidly reconstructed details, you can't help feeling like you just won an Oscar?

Let me just say that it's not yet over.

Little things like this usually spiral to unprecedented levels.

And it has already begun albeit unnoticed.

Na still Earth we dey.

Beyond this too, I say very little.

I'm gonna have fun this weekend with them successful NLNG peeps who will be leaving the country this Saturday for a six-month training in the UK.

I have been invited to paint the last Friday night red with them before they leave.

Who am I? grin

Crazy Kenosky seemed to have started another 'Which Way NLNG' on the job section of this land.

In response and in displeasure to the madness here last week.

And perhaps, it is a solace where peeps who have 'commonistic' parentage rather than 'aristocratic' backgrounds can feel at home.

It is also a solace for 'fools' and being described by honourable Kuwena as 'the head of all fools', I have already registered my presence there.

Membership is free. cheesy

You only need not to be overly 'handsome'. Some of us were adjudged to be short and ugly, skinny and 'not big'. undecided

You do not need a 'British accent' to be there. You just need to speak flawless naija! grin

One other thing we have in common?; 'we all have flat chests' as nobody's chest is pushed against any shirt or wind. undecided

It is also a thread where the threat of envy or insecurity is not felt. Nobody feels any reason to envy anyone there.

As everyone is mentally secure and brotherly love reigns supreme.

Also people's belief in God is still intact, irrespective of the challenges we all face.

If you possess the listed attributes above, feel free to register your presence there.

As this one seem desecrated beyond measure.

As for me, I remain a member of both threads as my contributions to this thread cannot be quantified.

It is written all over the pages of this thread from page 25 to date.

Though someone claims to own it, another 21st century lie embarassed, the real owners are you and I, reading, posting and giving it life.

And the administrator is Seun Osewa. cool

I wish you all a Good morning!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 10:25am On Jan 14, 2008
[b]i v been reading posts to replies on an issue that should just be neglected for the past 50minutes,  pheew!!! y una think say i just pipe low lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, i don't want to waste my time responding to someone who doesnt deserve and obviously doesnt need my help.

@pgm
how u dey? good to hear from u. i really hope your psychiatrist is American o!!!! because u know the naija factor na

@opoks
thanx for chilling out with us at thye galleria last week (though u drank only malt) grin grin. i ddnt mean to start another thread. This one was locked and when i clicked on reply, it registered as a new post. Even mi self bow.

@jill, ehido
thank God say una show face. Ehido, if u wan quit, don't say WE, simply walk away abi na even RUNSaway (we no go vex) wink wink

@adrianic, johnsonlaw
na so una lawyers dey always dey do, u guys made mi spend almost my whole cyber tyme reading and drinking from your vast knowledge of analytical writing but wait o shocked, una dey siddon for cafe type all doz stuff abi na downloaded stuff from una flash disks? undecided una try sha o

@biolabee
owz tunrayo, say mi well to her

@skeelo
you're the man, thanx for the night out at sky lounge (though your train no allow u feature with chux the godfada, odeepsi, biolabee, ladigeo and them oda good fellas!!)

[color=#006600]@tombri,
you're still a spirit- i don't want to believe you're a charlatan, so just identify yourself or!!!!!!!!![/color]

@otherz,
make we follow pray for visa and even contribute money for one - way flight ticket (not a return ticket o!!) for we THREAD OWNER (imagine!!! angry angry) so that im go quit im whining!!!!!!!!!!

abeg, make i go buy my windbreaker o jare- heard its 4 degrees or less self in Boro!![/b]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 14, 2008
@All

Sometimes I feel like I don't know what this thread is about anymore!!!!

Can I get any update on who's going where and who's not going to America because all this long grammar over nothing is making things a bit fuzzy, even though I can see clearly when I squint hard enough.

Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2008
Had a most interesting meeting with biolabee this afternoon in my office.

Often people claim to be illuminated after meeting Opoks!

This time around, it was my turn to be illuminated from a guy who has been around and whose focus in life makes Opoks! seem as though he has been in Kindagarten embarassed

Biola, thanks for stretching my focus especially on possible career path and present environment.

NLNG no make mistake.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 10:10am On Jan 15, 2008
I think it was Robert Greene that said: When you have to keep explaining yourself to get understood, you make it all the more impossible for that to happen. It appears so in my case. And I am sorry. Maybe I should just stop talking and begin to listen.

Opokonwa, thank you. I have listened to all you said. If the plan was to annoy me, it didn't work. If it was to sneer at my previous statements and show me to be unstable, I don't know if it worked, as that would depend on others and not on me. If it was to make me feel sorry for posting loosely, it did. I feel quite ashamed already.

Let me just ask you this: If you were me, what would you do? You once had your life well mapped out by means of a solid background; then all of a sudden, that solid background was wiped off. Completely. In its stead, a new backgroung emerged, and a dark, venomous relative, the owner of the new background, insists that rather than you become useful in life, he dies. You run, and begin to make what seems like progress; and then the moment you try to help others like you, trapped in the new background, you fail (for the first time after you ran).

You begin to ask: Was it not the same God that prospered all I did since the day I ran? Has he changed? What went wrong this time; or is it that He never intended me to help those others at all? What is He trying to say to me this time? And for lack of answers, you keep still. At a dead-end job; at an employment that you are most unhappy at. In a life where religion or God has yet to explain Himself, where faith no longer makes much sense. You cannot go back home (death awaits); you cannot help your brothers, because you are afraid; you cannot pray, because you have lost faith; you can no longer understand God. If you were me, what would you do?

You look at what you have: a job you hate; a job that whenever you wake up in the morning to go to it, you experience a migraine; your body is weak, you eyes are dialated. Yet it pays the bills, and you must go to it. You cannot go back to the 'home' people say you have; the owner of the new background hates you with all his heart and soul, and it is four years you swore never to see him again. You have no 'brothers'; no friends, no company; no God (for you no longer understand Him, and hence cannot pray); you have only the breath in your chest.

Many times you say to yourself: Were I not better dead than alive? Of what use am I? And then you open your locker: five literature manuscripts are staring at you. You know within you that they could become bestsellers, but as yet, none is published. The society in which you live does not seem to be a literary one. You look into your head, you see grand ideas in Communication theory; what universities around would appreciate them? It does not seem that any would as yet. And even if they would, you have not saved enough to go back to the university and train yourself in further studies; and it is hard to get a graduate assistantship on a first degree; though in the USA, one can get even a fellowship on a first degree.

You begin to wish you were in the USA. You say to yourself: If I were there, maybe I would more easily be published and read (because they are an intellectual society); you say to yourself: If I were there, my uncle would not have to bother; afterall, what does he want? That I end up worse off than his children; and I do not want to fight him; I'm tired. So why don't I go to where he cannot see me again? And because you do not want any trouble, you wish to go away, so that everyone can be at peace.

Again I ask: If you were me, what would you do? You know best. But I beg you: Never pray to be me. I am lonely; I feel deserted, unwanted, unloved; I feel endangered, insecure. I feel like going somewhere where I never have to be betrayed or rejected anylonger; if you were me, what would you do? I ask.

So please, spare me all this harshness of yours; spare me all the jibes; I don't need them; right now as I write this I am ill. I think I have come down with something. But please don't pity me; and don't pray for me. I do not believe in prayer anymore. Indeed, I think it is a waste of time. I don't say there is no God, but I don't say there is.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 10:58am On Jan 15, 2008
Well as for me,I ll jus try 2 get the email adds of those that have been active on this thread,at least we could do YIM,i ll consult d oracleOPOKS,for more info/help,lol

Opoks
na u dey reign oo,welldone man

Kuwena
I only have issues with the way u refer to God,its so annoying to me and i can't explain why u feel so,I have met some people that don't bliev in God,But I havnt met someone that changed drastically in record time this way.
You could get your issues solved by trying to get close 2 him again,if u were close to him before.
Just my tot anyway

Runsaway
how far? cheesy.

Nlng guys
I hope to try 2 check on u guys before una travel,i ll contact Ken 2 know how far
have a nic eday
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:15am On Jan 15, 2008
Again, let me say this about religion, and why I think I may no longer permit myself to be religious. Have you read the book of Maccabbees? Those that are Catholics may. Now, that book tells us the story of the time described as when 'The Abomination of Desolation' was implanted in Jerusalem, or what Catholic theologians have described as the First End of the World. (The Second End of the World was the death and burial of Jesus the Christ, and the Third End of the World is when a human being dies, and his own 'world' ends).

But I was talking of the story ambienced by the period. It is a factual story, and it took place when Antiochus was Patriarch of Asia Minor and modern day Palestine. (He would later divide his kingdom among ten smaller kings, as Daniel himself prophesied, and John the Beloved made allusion to in the Apocalypse). The story had it that a pagan ruler forced a certain Jewish leader to profane the Judaistic culture by worshipping idols. The Jewish leader refused, and he urged other Jews to refuse as well. But one Jew went ahead and worshipped the idol, at which the noble Jew struck him dead, and fled, with his sons and loyalists, to the hills.

There in the hills, they formed themselves into an army and began to fight what may be described as a just cause against the pagans. The fought on successfully, as they perceived Yahweh to be with them. They persevered, and then the noble man died and was buried. Judas, one of his sons continued the war. He fought and fought very gallantly, as he felt Yahweh was with him. Until he fell into a trap, and was slain by Antiochus. His brother Simon took over from him. Simon fought very gallantly, and he too felt that Yahweh was with him; he fought and fought and fought, until he too was caught in a trap and killed by Antiochus Epiphanes.

The issue is: Paganism endures till date; Judaism endures till date; not all the blood of Judas and his brothers could end Paganism, and not all the wickedness of Antiochus could stop Judaism; who then was wrong, and who was right? This seems to me to be the problem with religion. The Jews killed Jesus the Christ, who was said to be the Son of God. Catholic theologians said that in killing Christ, they instituted a Second End of the World; they wanted to wipe out Christ and all he stood for; they fought the followers of Jesus, thinking they were in the right; till date, Judaism endures, and Christianity endures. Who was right and who was wrong? Not all the blood of Jesus could end Judaism, and not all the blood of the High Priests could end Christianity.

It is the same thing today. Christians have fought Crusades against moslems; the pope had told kings to slay 'unbelievers'. It is on record that when a king reported to 'the Holy Father' that so so and so 'unbelievers' had been slain, he would be awarded the title of Fidei Defensor (Defender of the faith). But Islam remains strong today, as does Christianity. Who was right, and who was wrong? Not all the Crusades of the Christians, or the Jihads of the moslems could end either religion. Allah is still one, as moslems say, with Mohammed (peace be upon him) as his messenger; Yahweh is still one, as the Christians say, with Jesus (Isa eis salaam) as His son.

It was the same thing when the white man tried to impose their religion on the black man. They said that the local gods and goddesses: Ani, Amadioha, Icheke, Osimiri; Osun, Sango, Obatala, and so on were all fake; they said they were no gods at all. They probably quoted Psalm 115 (which used to be one of my own favourites): 'Whereas their gods are of silver and of gold, the product of humsn skill; having eyes, but cannot see; ears, but cannot hear; mouth, but cannot speak; feet, but cannot work; hands, but cannot touch; and there is not a breath in their throats. Their makers will come to be like them, as well as all who trust in them.' They claimed that African traditional religion was balderdash. But not all their claims could stop the local religion from thriving; it still goes on today, and through its efficacy, people like my uncle have succeeded in making my life a hell.

Enter Kuwena. I thought I was right. I thought I could fight my uncle. I looked him in the face and told him off. I accused him of having a diabolical hand in the death of my father. I said I could succeed without him, and four years ago, I banged the door on him and walked off. Then I began to succeed. Everything I did, I succeeded: was it school? I made a smashing First class; nobody born of woman has done what I did at Imo State University, and I do not know when next a human will. Was it scholarship? I bagged the most expensive and prestigious of them, the Chevron scholarship. Those days, I used to fast and pray like Elijah; the psalms were my favourite. I knew many of them by heart. My best was Psalm 129:

Upon all the bad things they have been doing to me since I was young
Israel should say this again:
Upon all the bad things they have been doing to me since I was young
They have not overcome me;
Plowmen have plowed on my back with longer and longer furrows
But now, Yahweh the Righteous has overthrown the enslaving power of the wicked.
May they all be thrown into confusion; be routed who have hated Zion;
Be blasted by winds from the East like grass sprouting on the roof,
Which has never filled reaper's arm or binder's lap
And to which no one passing by them would ever wish Yahweh's peace or blessing.

Back then in IMSU, what miracle did I not experience? Chai! People used to call me 'oku n'ere ere'. I was a flaming fire. You need to have seen me praying those days! My God! I once completed a seven-day dry fast; I concluded two separate three-day dry fasts; I prayed a six-hour-non-stop midnight prayer once, and also went to Awhum Monastery for a three-day retreat once. And I swear, I DID feel that Yahweh helped me. Yahweh, if You do exist, then know that I am grateful, and I truly love you.

But look at me now. The singer chanted:

Take a look at me now
There's just an empty space
There's nothing left here to remind me
Just a momory of your face
Just take a look at me now.

Indeed, take a look at me now. Who is right, and who is wrong? Me? My uncle? I think we are both right, and we are both wrong. And that, to me, is the problem with religion. All creeds seem to me to be right, and wrong at the same time. I had a belief. I said to myself: My uncle is a bad man. He has used juju to kill my father (was I there?) and now he does not want any of my father's children to progress in life. And so I will run away and pray to Yahweh, and he will help me to succeed. So I ran. And I did succeed. So I was right. And then, when I planned to take my success back to him, to fling it in his face and 'liberate' those I called his captives, my brothers, I failed; NLNG, I confess, is my worst pain in my 27 years of living. So, I was wrong. And I failed. My uncle too was right. He had been succeeding in keeping all his nephews under his feet, and oppressing them; he felt that noone could challenge his authority, and succeed in doing so. I proved him wrong. He failed in keeping me tied down. But in keeping all the others who are loyal to him or afraid of him tied down, he is right; in extending it to me, however, he is wrong. The message to him then may be: Yes, you may be right by your authority to keep all those afraid of you bent; but when there comes one who will spite you without batting an eye, you will be wrong.

Think of all religions: I think they are all right and wrong, including Christianity (forgive me for sounding blasphemous); but this is my thinking: All religions say something, and hold it as a creed (in this regard, I recall that Frederick Engels said: When we discover something we think is new, we must force it on the whole world as the supreme truth). Take Christianity for example. They say that Jesus (Isa eis salaam) is the Son of God. They are right, because up to a fifth of the world believes it. And when this percentage of people call on Jesus (Isa eis salaam), they say he works for them according to their faith. But they are wrong in that when the rest of the four-fifths of the world say that Jesus (Isa eis salaam) is not the Son of God, they also claim that their faith in his not being the Son of God works for them as they desire. Moslems call Jesus a prophet, and they prosper; Saudi Arabia is one of the richest countries on earth, and controls nearly a tenth of the global economy. They also hardly ever steal there. It is said that you can do business in Saudi Arabia without fearing being cheated. Yet they do not recognize Jesus.

But they are wrong to say that Jesus is not the Son of God, because a reasonable proportion will say that he is. And both will act on their faith, and both will say it works for them. But when one fights the other and tries to fling his creed in the other's face; neither ever seems to win. And it does not seem to me that a day will come when Christians will succeed in forcing the rest of the world to be like them; nor will there come a time when the rest of the world will force Christians to be like them. So it is each according to his faith, I think. And that to me is the problem with religion. It always seems to thrive on division, on the mentality of 'us against them'. Indeed, even Jesus said: 'Do not think that I came with peace; I came with a sword, to divide family members, one from the other.' Christians, behold your saviour. I do not say he is not; and I do not say he is.

Let there be peace. That is all I wish. The rest, I cannot say I know.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 11:19am On Jan 15, 2008
Oh lord!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:24am On Jan 15, 2008
Let me go to the clinic. See y'all later. I think it is typhoid I have, because my stomach hurts, and I feel weak. I think I'll go for injections. They're faster. I have the day off. Later.

I love you all, for what it counts. wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Belewu: 12:04pm On Jan 15, 2008
All,
 I've been checking out this forum for awhile now and this particular thread interests me for the following reason; I was part of the assessment centre in 2004 and back then, was unfortunate (or so i thought) not to be invited for medicals. What made it worse was that my best friend (whom i was convinced i was smarter than) was called and eventually got the job. It was a very dark period in my life and almost led to the break-up of my relationship with my girlfriend. The guys got sent to the UK for 6 months which even hurt more.
 8 months down the line i got a job with ??. its been 3yrs been then, i have gone to the UK 6 times and US 3 times for training. I already have 2 trips to each location planned for this year. I have been promoted once and looking up to the next one by the end of the year. my peers in NLNG average about 10mm/pa, i'm looking at 12mm this year. Most have never seen outside naija since the training in the UK and are all still on entry level and will be so for at least the next 3yrs. They are stuck in Bonny most of the time, filling the void with courting prostitutes and the like. Am i envious now? Hell no! Lest i 4get, i got married to the lady dat stuck by me last year!
What am i trying to say here? NLNG is a great job, but there are better things out there, keep ur focus and if ur good, ur definitely gonna shine. Stop beefing urselves ova this and work on ur next plan. People got into SHELL but now the company is on the verge of collapse. 5000 job cuts by April is the rumor. The company has not paid its contractors since March last year. NNPC and Delta steel started like NLNG but like all government institutions, have lost theier glamour.Life is a race, u cld be infront today, behind 2mo. Just keep on running man, and u'll get there.

Easy now

2 Likes

Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 12:09pm On Jan 15, 2008
Belewu

great post again,but you ll understand that when you dont have a good job,u may not have all the hope n joy you have when you have 1,
I wont mind if u tell us d industry where ur coy is presently,Oil n gas??U dey code the compnay from us applying to work der? cheesy.
I ll do a google on you
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 12:11pm On Jan 15, 2008
I like to learn from successful people,and you seem so from your 1st post on NL,lol
Re: Which Way Nlng? by zukkie4eva(f): 12:27pm On Jan 15, 2008
Hey oga  Kuwena

I have been silently reading ur posts and i feel sorry for you.

Your attitude shows you never believed in God, you never really loved him, in d first place.  All d while u professed being a Xtian, fasting and going to church, u only did it for  the things u wanted to get from Him, but guess what  The bible says . . . God CANNOT be mocked!, He searches everyman's heart, He knows those who serve Him in Spirit & in truth, he knows those that serve him for the sugar and candies they can get from him. . . . for such pple, when the trial of their faith comes (such as not getting the NLNG job they dreamed, prayed & fasted about) they fall out. God is no errand boy man!! He is not there to attend to your every whim & caprice!, He does what He Wills to do.

And now listen,  it doesn't matter what u think about Him now, it doesn't change a thing!, HE IS STILL GOD AND GOD ALONE!!!, ur tantrums cannot change that fact, nothing can. . .

So my dear, if you think u've had a tough life, others have had it tougher and still have their faith intact ,  take my advise & wisen up, go back to HIM becos He loves u and has greater plans for your future  Ok . . . . ****wondering if this ever happened**** shocked

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by zukkie4eva(f): 12:30pm On Jan 15, 2008
BTW, thanks @belewu, that's an inspiring testimony.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 1:26pm On Jan 15, 2008
go belewu, go belewu, go, you be baba !
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2008
Belewu:

All,
  I've been checking out this forum for awhile now and this particular thread interests me for the following reason; I was part of the assessment centre in 2004 and back then, was unfortunate (or so i thought) not to be invited for medicals. What made it worse was that my best friend (whom i was convinced i was smarter than) was called and eventually got the job. It was a very dark period in my life and almost led to the break-up of my relationship with my girlfriend. The guys got sent to the UK for 6 months which even hurt more.
  8 months down the line i got a job with ??. its been 3yrs been then, i have gone to the UK 6 times and US 3 times for training. I already have 2 trips to each location planned for this year. I have been promoted once and looking up to the next one by the end of the year. my peers in NLNG average about 10mm/pa, i'm looking at 12mm this year. Most have never seen outside naija since the training in the UK and are all still on entry level and will be so for at least the next 3yrs. They are stuck in Bonny most of the time, filling the void with courting prostitutes and the like. Am i envious now? Hell no! Lest i forget, i got married to the lady that stuck by me last year!
What am i trying to say here? NLNG is a great job, but there are better things out there, keep your focus and if your good, your definitely going to shine. Stop beefing urselves ova this and work on your next plan. People got into SHELL but now the company is on the verge of collapse. 5000 job cuts by April is the rumor. The company has not paid its contractors since March last year. NNPC and Delta steel started like NLNG but like all government institutions, have lost theier glamour.Life is a race, u cld be infront today, behind 2mo. Just keep on running man, and u'll get there.

Easy now

For once I'm reading a post on this thread that about puts it all into the right perspective. Is this all about going to the UK or the US because believe me there isn't much of a  difference between livin there and here, I've done more trips outside the continent than I've made to my own village. I've been to the UK on several times starting from when I was about 2 and I lived in the US for a bit and believe me, Nigeria is really a much better place to live. Immense opportunity and freedom like no where else.

@Belewu

Ur living the higher life, were u at the IPPC?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 6:40pm On Jan 15, 2008
Ahonohai
yea yea,i agree with you.But bliev me if u grew up in a place like Ajegunle,oshodi center,where poverty is like fresh aironly that its stale not fresh. You ll understand why Us or Uk may be beta,I agree that with cool money 9ja is a cool place in many aspects.
So no blame some of us,How ur end?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2008
Opoks decided to go on strike today since NLC wont do same right?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by niyooo(m): 6:50pm On Jan 15, 2008
@ All,
A very good evening to you all. I have been following this thread almost since it started and have refrained from posting 'cos in as much as i appreciate the idea behind the thread, I've always had my doubts about NLNG. Not really because of the pay which i must confess i believe will be more that I'm earning right now but because I was considering the number of years i've put into the industry i'm working right now, the career plans i've charted out for myself, the self improvement professional courses i've completed, those i'm yet to complete, the leap i believe it would give me in the financial sector when i complete the courses and the fact that i've already gone a bit far on the ladder and i believe the LNG advert was for graduate trainees and i would not have wanted to start all over again. That said I didn't get the offer and so I recovered quickly since I had two minds about the job to start with.

The only reason i'm posting now is 'cos Kuwena just keeps on getting on my nerves. Can you please quit with all these silly and stupid postings of yours? Please go and get a life for Christs' sake. You just keep going from Bad to worse. You don't have to post the story of your life here and will you and Opoks stop replying to each others' posts? I barely have time to read you peeps lengthy posts and tend to wonder how you guys get the time to do all that during working hours.

Some things are private and are better left that way. Whatever you guys discuss in private should be kept that way. This also goes to Opoks, you don't have to tell us about every meet you had with everybody.

Its' been said that if a fool keeps quiet, there is a tendency to consider him a wise person. Please if anyone doesn't have any value to add to any post can you please refrain from posting. Christ.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 15, 2008
Kuwena loves America he has never been to. haha . . . it seems a lot of people are still being decieved by the promises of streets paved with gold, the highrise buildings and fancy cars they see on movies and the unrealistic allure of a life without its worries.

Dear sir, millions of Americans live their entire lives on credit . . . millions wil have to lose their homes and fancy cars becuase they can no longer keep up with mounting mortgages.

Welcome to America . . . the land were those who work hard will get their just reward . . . but a land were everyone is not necessarily equal afterall.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 11:09am On Jan 16, 2008
theres something unique about this particular thread.

just when u think its about dying,some peeps come to put some life into it.

great thanks to Belewu(when i grow up,u are one of those i'll like to be like),thanks for making some peeps know that theres still hope afterall.

@zukkie4eva,i hardly know u but ur post was also d bomb.i am thoroughly refreshed.

@ahonohai,so u dey code urself since,baa?thats d way it ought to be bro.full barrels make no noise at all.i guess that should be the exact opposite of empty barrels make d most noise.

@niyoo harsh but true.i agree with you .

@davidylan,anytime i see your name close to any post,i shiver.i am often like "the guy who gives no hoot about anybody is here again".but i must confess ur posts are usually quite illuminating.thanks for the little lecture on "America as eldorado".u live there,so i am sure its a first hand view.

to all my other nlng"unsuccessful" and successful peeps,good moprning
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 16, 2008
tommyex:

Ahonohai
yea yea,i agree with you.But bliev me if u grew up in a place like Ajegunle,oshodi center,where poverty is like fresh aironly that its stale not fresh. You ll understand why Us or Uk may be beta,I agree that with cool money Nigeria is a cool place in many aspects.
So no blame some of us,How your end?

@tommyex
True, but it might interest you to note that my Mother grew up on Boundary Road (that's the hub of Ajegunle) and my Dad was raised in Obele Odan (The ruff bitz of Surulere) but they turned out ok,

Where u come from doesn't matter but how you deal with your issues is what really counts. Once you reach the age of 14, I believe your are responsible for the way your life turns out. It doesn't help when you pass the blame around,

Today is officially my last day at work and I'll be handing in my ID and Lapel b4 close of business, What a life, Looking forward to Monday then, cheerio
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:27pm On Jan 16, 2008
Davidlyan, when I say I love America, I do not mean that I see it as an eldorado. No way. I know it for what it is. And I know as well that it may be harder making it over there than even here.

Adrian, this thread may not die for a long time. I'm getting used to it.

For the one that said I never knew God, suit yourself. What is, is; what has been, has been.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:31pm On Jan 16, 2008
Someone else told me to get a life: believe me, I'm trying to. Phew! It ain't that easy. undecided
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2008
@Kuwena

I cant judge u on God, but are u for real or is this just a facade? By the way u just posted again so I don't need to tell u what has already been said. Nevertheless, I admire u for your honesty and really wish I could be more like you, nah! not really lol
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 12:35pm On Jan 16, 2008
Ahonahai
yea,i agree with you,but first hand feeling of things like thatwhen ur dad gists u,it ll sound so film-y,pardon d grammar will make u understand how it trully feels,i dint have it that bad,but i jus understand a lil of proper hardship.Resign n styleeeee

Niyoo
lol,at least this post in short

David
word!its true that hardwork benefits well there too
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:57pm On Jan 16, 2008
Davidlyan, one more thing: and this is a personal request. Could you please share with me either in private (kuwena@yahoo.com) or on this thread your own journey, concerning going over there (for further studies, I presume?) You know, I could use some tips, as I just wrote TOEFL a few days ago, and had earlier written GRE.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by RobbieLex: 1:54pm On Jan 16, 2008
Summary : Its not about where you go to but about where God takes you,

Kuwena, its amazing the way my feelings towards you change daily, one minute i admire you, the next I'm mad at you
, now i must say i kinda understand the way you feel,

all i can say is, make your plans, explore your options, if you want to leave Nigeria in search for something else do it, it seems to be something you have dreamed about for years and i believe every man has the right to pursue his dreams.

They are your dreams kuwena not mine or anyone else's on nairaland so don't expect anyone else to understand them, i don't think you need to get into fights with people over that jare, trust me my friends find it hard to understand the millions of thoughts and ideas that constantly waltz through my mind everyday, LOL

, i think you are a great writer,i love the way you translate feelings into words, who knows all these your emotions channeled in the right direction could fetch you millions,

Just don't leave God out of the equation,I've been mad at God too before, not such a long time ago, fine i may not have openly said all those things you said and i did not stop believing in religion but deep inside i felt he had failed me, but it was also a very lonely time of my life too

being a Christian is a lifetime commitment Kuwena, sometimes we have testimonies and other times there's alot of pain and hurt but we learn everyday, and i think this phase of your life is just a learning process too, Chill out, the lesson may be hard but don't drop the class, honestly i think God is the only one who can fill that emptiness you have inside if you give him a chance,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2008
[who knows all these your emotions channeled in the right direction could fetch you millions,

/quote]

My question is How do we the right direction?I can only come up with 1 answer there-God.

Nice post bros
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 16, 2008
@ adrianic . . . lol i'm just enjoying myself on NL as much as the rest of you. You, opokonwa, kuwena (now that's a funny one) and co keep making me reutrn to this thread just to relax and understand what life is like on the other side through your own experiences.

@ Kuwena . . . i will share my experience here as it might also benefit a few others who may be harbouring a secret desire to leave for the US too. The US is not paved with gold BUT it is a nation where the hardworking, those with talents and the determination to succeed will always make it to the top.
Yes i do study here.

The first thing is to pinpoint what area of study of study you are interested in . . . contact as many schools as you can (i always advice that personal contact is very important) . . . ask the schools what their entry requirements are. As a graduate you really neednt have taken the TOEFL as the verbal section of the GRE (required for almost all grad students) is usually more than enough.
Planning shld take at least a yr, put in mind that fall semesters are the best periods for internationals.

As soon as you have pinpointed a minimum of 4 programs u wish to apply to, take the GRE exam (results are out in 2 weeks max) so the results get to ur school at about the same time as ur application. Then fast and pray. grin The real huddle is usually obtaining the visa.

A little stuff to keep in mind . . . Americans are smart people and place more priority on science programs when admitting internationals. It is highly unlikely that you will obtain any form of funding/Aid if you were going for a non-science grad program and admission is even more difficult but not impossible. That means you have to get the funds urself. Most schools now will not issue you an I-20 until you prove to have enough to pay for at least 2yrs of ur education. . . unless of course you get a scholarship from the school that covers ur cost.

America is a great place . . . but after a while you will come to realise that there can never be a place like home. The only allure this place holds is the fact that you can obtain a US passport, ensure US citizenship for ur kids . . . making it so much easier to move around the world if you so wish. Besides that i'd rather be in Lagos now working surounded by friends and family.

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.