Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (209704 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2008
I advise you not to go on picking on my expressions and using foul language at me, okay? Mind your own business. Guy, you suck! You tire me out. Who are you? You are a sucker!! You tire me out. Mind your own fucking business, buffoon! angry angry angry angry angry angry

Mind your own business, you buffoon!!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2008
B U F F O O N

angry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by guyman2(m): 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2008
In as much as I agree with Opoks, can we have some decency on this thread?

So sad for a thread that started well. angry angry angry. Opoks, I have been following this thread for some time and I must confess I respect you a lot. Even when some people were questioning and challenging God due to their inability to get NLNG, you encouraged them. Methinks you are rendering services where they are not needed.

Trading words with kuwena would be the height of incivility!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 06, 2008
Phew . . . what NLNG and the love of money can do
Re: Which Way Nlng? by runsaway: 7:59pm On Jan 06, 2008
As usual i show up when there is a fight.

u r all way too serious and on a sunday for that matter. shouldnt u guys be enjoying the cool weather instead of battling it out. Abeg o. reserve the energy for work on monday. Chill out
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2008
Phew . . . what NLNG and the love of money can do
U no serious

Runsaway
U dint add that u are running away this time?

Opoks
u see river wey u don go disturb now?Make una take am easy oo

Kuwena
ur mad man joke was a lil funny grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 8:12am On Jan 07, 2008
@all

I read Kuwena's responses this morning . . .

And I smiled smiley

Good morning all!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 8:27am On Jan 07, 2008
I will only advise 'Handsome Kuwena' to kindly upload one of his pics so that people can get a glimpse of the 'Handsome guy' he proudly and unbashadely blows his trumpet about . . .

If people can learn to be a lot more humble.

Don't even let me describe your face here I would cause way too much humour grin

Or is it the physique you claim is big and you strut with 'panache'? Another level of humour grin grin

Or is it the British accent? Kai! Someone should please give him a phone call grin grin grin

Bros, far from taking you on, I am yet to give a summary . . .

I have better things to do. undecided

Kindly stop deceiving those who do not know you with fake posts.

IT PAYS TO BE REAL cool

Whoever has been deceiving you that you were 'Handsome' must have been doing a Great job! I'm so sorry cry cry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 10:47am On Jan 07, 2008
@kuwena
[b]i v been away for so long- no b my styleee, but i must confess i admire your sense of humour grin especially the part about your chest pushing against the wind!! pheww!! which of the winds? the North Atlantic Trade Wind or the South West Monsoon wind? ol boi, u funny cool cool so tay my ribs wan crack? u think say u tall ? Odosa (who made it to Bonny by the way) is 1.97m (i sure say u no reach like that) and mi i dey 1.86m (i am not short na), Bro, but thanks for the diversion, its good to know u v still got the grit- afterall tolagbaju, uche; jill and many odas don runsaway(oops!!!) far back. Sha, slow down, this might just b the year u v been waiting for!!!!!! I also enjoi ur mad man joke (abi na parable?) but pls, no name kalling or mudslinging on dis thread else- i go vexxxxxxxx angry angry[/b]

@adrian
for like 5 pages and not a word from u? shocked that is strange, if not to say i kall u on saturday 5th, i for say weda u don loss, please, don't go AWOL!!!!!!!

@tombri
who u really b? i remember asking this question back in bonny "which of una b tombri?" and nobody yarn, u no proud of your achievements in and outside this thread? Buzz mi on 08037464230 make we yarn though i sure say i go c u on 9th,

@opoks
[color=#006600]u no follow tell kuwena say im handsome undecided? c wetin u don cause now, anyhow, e fit b true o because opoks self na very fine young man (but we been get some super models for we class for bonny- mi inclusive wink cheesy!!!!). its a new year, no fighting else i go , [/color]

@kenosym
when i grow up, i want to b like u shocked! u don give LNG a kall to verify that your call?

@tommyex
you're a great guy, i feel u lots

@ahonohai et al
[b]this thread will live beyond 19th (its no longer 12th) as long as we all dey alive. Dont let it die and make i tell una, even if all man stop posting, the thread will live on in our hearts, walahi!!!!!!!!! cool[/b]
oops! make i go rest, no b small matter na

@pgm
the kraziest grin grin, where u dey o??
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 11:32am On Jan 07, 2008
kenosky:

@kuwena
[b]i v been away for so long- no b my styleee, but i must confess i admire your sense of humour grin especially the part about your chest pushing against the wind!! pheww!! which of the winds? the North Atlantic Trade Wind or the South West Monsoon wind? ol boi, u funny cool cool so tay my ribs wan crack?

Abi the guy chest dey like Hercules' . . .

Even Samson's . . .

Or Goliath's . . . grin

Ok, I get . . .

Like [color=#006600]Hulk Hogan's grin Ol boy! I dey fear you o! embarassed embarassed

You fit tear person apart.

But against which wind? HARMATTAN? undecided
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 11:55am On Jan 07, 2008
hey peeps,sorry for missing out on the party for so long.travelled out of abj for the christmas break.had to see my mum that i saw last on the saturday i had my assessment centre.i was really so fagged out dt i spent almost the entire holidays indoors and within my area.i only stumbled on a friends computer when i sent the new year wishes.just as i prayed then,i reiterate,may all our good dreams come true this year in Jesus name.welcome guys to the new year.its a year of great beginnings.God bless us all
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 4:05pm On Jan 07, 2008
And to all NLNG-bound peeps . . .

Today will not be complete without wishing you peeps some measure of happiness wink

E no easy at all! . . .

But like I said somewhere on this thread, . . . time and chance happen to all men no ask me . . . ask King Solomon grin

Make una no blow this chance o! shocked

And as Opoks! dey maintain his side and dey strategize for his own move, make una wish me well o! cool

My only regret is that some of my consistent 'friends' on this once very exciting thread, have disappeared into oblivion:

Where are Uche, Pak, Tolagbaju, Jill, Lindiwe, Ehido . . .

Gosh . . . the list goes on . . . Okoroboy, Prisky, Mohid, abussyaya, pgm . . . I can't even remember all the characters . . . undecided

How life dey?! undecided The experience here confirms to me 'how temporal this world is'. We are all in a continuos passing phase undecided

People you see today, people you link glasses with, people you fight with, people you share your world with, today, . . . might not be there again embarassed cry . . . the next time you looked cool shocked. They don't necessarily have to be dead cry cry cry

They are just gone, doing their thing and you can't help missing them badly cry cry

Life indeed is a passing phase . . . undecided

It behoves on everyone to live it! And enjoy it!! The way they best understand it!!!

Bearing in mind that there are still 'Laws' that still govern such Freedom.

undecidedLife is indeed short . . . beautiful & very memorable experiences shorter . . . undecided

Enjoyment is then, what you make of it . . . cool

Same as regret[ :-

I wish you all well. sad cool
Re: Which Way Nlng? by johnsonlaw: 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2008
At the risk of resurrecting a dead issue, I can not help but comment on Kuwena recent comments. As Opoks rightly observed, I am one of those that have refrained from saying things to hurt Kuwena. However, I consider Kuwena's recent mail as too offensive in tone and content. And I am sure I am not alone in this. I think we should talk and respond to each other in a more mature way. We should avoid getting petty and making boastful comments. What happens to the agelong adage that "empty barrel make the loudest noise"?

If it is true that you guys trade words on nairaland and then go behind to sort things out, I will suggest you reduce the friction. It is looking too real to be ignored. Your caustic comments and use of denigrating words is getting out of hand. I will humbly suggest you guys mellow down.

On a lighter note, it won't be a bad idea if you can share your picture with us. Let us see first hand this 'hunk' of a guy. Then individually, we will form personal opinions about your 'great' looks.

Hope everybody de kampe!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Whiteribs(m): 9:00pm On Jan 07, 2008
Hello HOUSE! wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:48am On Jan 08, 2008
Johnsonlaw Good morning!

This is the first time I would be responding directly to a post of yours.

However, it will be a second time I would be making a reference to you or your post the first was not responded to or deliberately ignored undecided

Be that as it may, I welcome a fresh voice in this small saga.

johnsonlaw:

If it is true that you guys trade words on nairaland and then go behind to sort things out, I will suggest you reduce the friction.

Bros, that one died last year and I buried it.

I only came back to make that post last year to avoid a war which was looming. shocked shocked

I came back to eat my words back because Kuwena had sent me a personal mail on a lighter tone. right after he 'dissed' me publicly.

Then I was placated.

I had to come out publicly and sue for peace before things would go out of hand.

But that was last year and it is dead.

Come 2008! We are not even half-past the first month and the same figure has come on the thread, boasting, bragging and posting about all what not. sad

The worse is that judging from whom I have met, they are not entirely true sad. Perhaps a figment of his own perceptions undecided

If you have an aristocratic background, people would know. You need not broadcast it!

If you are so good looking, people would be commenting on it, you would even be either shy or too meek to acknowledge it! Let people blow it!

If you spoke with a British accent or walked with a certain panache, have you left yourself to observe yourself? Let people blow it!

Was he suggesting that because he looked so good & flawless and that is why he is not successful in NLNG or the Nigerian job industry then that lie is too much for me to condone angry

I don't remember anyone who was selected in this NLNG recruitment bothering on looks or no looks.

Such disguised arrogance can only be tolerated thus far. People like Opoks! would look you in the eye shocked shocked shocked and cry; iro ni o o!

I can stand a guy, babe or anyone for a time, I can stand some stupidity, I can even stand some craziness . . .

But once in a while, I would come back and give it to you and give it to you real hard angry

Let everyone judge for himself or herself the quality of his posts these days . . . Do they make sense?

The impact he has made before and after losing out from NLNG? Are they not a world of difference?

And how long are we going to continue to tolerate it? Perhaps till this thread dies?

Someone has to stand up to him and 'give him a piece of mind' no matter how hard or bitter the process takes. angry

I am sorry if I upset this thread at times but peace and tranquility on the altar of falsehood ain't worth 2 cents to me sad
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:54am On Jan 08, 2008
Good morning all!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 8:41am On Jan 08, 2008
@ opoks,

A good morning to you.

How's work this week?

My vacation began in earnest yesterday; though I am at work, I determine when I get to work or close at work(before una shout 'workacholic, its that I am trying to sign my exit forms and submit firm property with me.)

What's the plan for lunch?

Great day
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 9:40am On Jan 08, 2008
@Wandel

It depends on you

Tuesday or Wednesday if it is on a week day. Venue is somewhere on Adeola Odeku, opposite my office, during lunch hours undecided

Saturday, if it is on a weekend, then we plan and hook up with the likes of Tommyex and Kenosym . . . we talk on phone and we fix a venue considerably convinient for all.

This week appears very busy as all my mid-week lunch plans seem to be overtaken by events. undecided

And the weekend appears booked by a certain lady grin

Bros, how we go do am now? embarassed I'm dying to meet certain peeps from this thread especially when the company will be more than two and will be merry grin

But I guess, patience is a virtue We can all exercise a little more patience till the timing is right.

How is next week for you Wandel? Week day or weekend? wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 11:02am On Jan 08, 2008
@ opoks,

I am down for a peeps meet.

Only thing is that it cant be next week because I will be in Ibadan.

Just want to take some time off the hustle and bustle of Lagos and also prepare myself for the challenges this year.

I wish to look at my spiritual life and take stock as I open myself to God to renew my thirst for Him. I need Him more than ever in my life.

Say the last week of my supposed vacation say between 19th - 26th, pick a date that is convenient and lets get peeps together(Saturdays inclusive)

I wish to see that Hulk Hogan chest to confirm if it was aptly described!!!grin

HAve fun
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 1:06pm On Jan 08, 2008
@ everyone,

I am about to submit my laptop now.

Take care guys. I am out.

@ Opoks, we 'll make arrangements later.

@ kuwena, how's kano.

@ everyone, have a blessed week
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2008
on the 28th of december 2007,i gave opoks a call asking to check him up at the office and if possible have lunch with him(seems opoks is now the lunch master).

the guy obliged despite his tight schedule.

i must confess that all opoks has said about his tight schedule is true.

saw him in action at his office.

it was a very eventful day.

it was renewing having lunch with a guy so deep.

apart from being suave,urbane and good looking,the guy has brains.

listening to opoks was pretty illuminating.

tho the loss of nlng was painful,with opoks i got to view things again from an entirely different perspective.

when opoks came into the thread and posted his"annoying words", apart from dissing him thoroughly especially for making a reference to kuwena's "deep faith in God", i had further told him that in three worlds he would never be able to have the kind of faith kuwena has.

i have never been more wrong in my life.

at least events have proved me so and i am not ashamed to say so.

opoks's faith in his God is something better heard and felt in person than on the thread.

opoks, thanks for the lunch.and dont forget,i owe u one when that stuff comes to fruition.i am so proud knowing u
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 7:36pm On Jan 08, 2008
when a dispute arises on the thread,peeps as usual call for peace without trying to apportion blames.

much as this may be a good practise in some cases, but i feel there is a need to point out some salient facts.

this may once and for all put an end to some stupid behaviours and attributes noticed on the thread through some comments made.

i have done everything humanly possible not to respond to kuwenas posts ,no matter how annoying they may be(and i must confess dt quite a number of them have been annoyingly so).

my reason lies in the fact that i think the guy is a genius in his own right.

i originally thought i could write,but when i read kuwena's posts,i only realised i was an apprentice in comparison.

i was also deeply moved by his "unshakable faith" in God(which as stubborn opoks noted was all because of the golden fleece called nlng).

how right the poor boy(opoks) was.

and thirdly i was afraid that in his usual xteristic manner ,kuwena would accuse me of being jealous and envious like all africans are.

having said this i think it would be unjust keeping quiet considering kuwenas penchant for speaking like former president obasanjo who sees and believes only what he wants to at every point in time.

kuwena has over a long period of time assailed our ears with talks about being handsome.

much as its good to appreciate urself(even when its a lie),it becomes irritating to the ears when it becomes hackneyed and over-emphasised.

i have seen kuwena.

not in a crowd,but one-on-one.

kuwena,u are not handsome,at least in the way we mortals understand it.

tho i believe all things created by God are good.

i still do not understand all the nonsense about chest pushed against the wind, being big, and having an aristocratic father.

is dt the reason y nlng refused to take you.thats a most stupid comment to start the new year

my irritation with kuwena in this case arises from the circumstance in which all his bragging started from.

opoks had praised wandel for not only being a genius but for having got all the best jobs since his nysc.

for the records,wandel served in intercontinental bank and shortly after service moved to kpmg.in less than two months he got this nlng job.

the guy who should even be proud and arrogant in turn gave all the glory to God and not to his famed intelligence.

enter kuwena.

kuwena enters next by saying he has realised why he would not be able to survive in the nigerian job industry and why companies may not take him.

he wishes he were not handsome, big, with a late aristocratic father, bla bla and all sort of rubbish u hear in a psychiatric home.

i have asked myself, "what is the realationship between opoks and wandels post and the trash posted by kuwena".

i might sound too harsh but God would be so upset with me if i did not make kuwena understand his tom-foolery.

we must also not forget that all the madness about making a first class on the thread started with kuwena.

surprisingly,some other guys who made a first class on the thread(i happen to know about 5 of them) purposely kept quiet and refused to blow their own trumpet.

as usual i am expecting him to accuse me of being envious.

d whole world is envious of kuwena.

i think the time has come for kuwena to understand that when people keep quiet just to let peace reign on the thread,it should never be equated with stupidity.

we have heard enough of all these trash concerning being handsome and all what not(especially when those of us who have seen know its only a figment of the imagination).

and especially when it comes from the same person.

if the thread is going to die, let it die but please until then,if we cant go on congratulating the successfuls, then lets discuss issues.

as a law student,the motto of my law society was " fiat justitia ruat coelum" which simply means "let justice be done even if the heavens fall".

i hope i have done justice here.and i know the heavens will not fall.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 7:41pm On Jan 08, 2008
was meant to hook up with tommy before coming back to abuja but owing to some unforeseen circumstances,i couldnt.so tommyboy,i'd be back at the end of the month,we must surely meet then.as nlng say make we no see for bonny,we must create our own bonny.abi how u see am.and lest i forget,keep saying the truth.e no dey kill.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 7:47pm On Jan 08, 2008
its time to retire for the day.have peace peeps.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jill(f): 8:00pm On Jan 08, 2008
Hey pips, I'm here o!!!!  i haven't disappeared like some bad bad people are saying  grin

A happy new year to everyone on this thread! Hope this year brings us what we most desire.  
i have been unable to post for a while cos i mainly access the internet from the office and we had a few upheavals which saw my internet access being denied for a while. But i'm happy to say that it was restored today and one of the 1 st things i did was get onto this thread to find out what had been happening.  That is not to say that i was really itching to post anything. Since NLNg sent me my Waiting list letter "not a guarantee of employment"   and after duly congratulating successful candidates, i settled into a kind of quiet, not alien to me, but i see i missed a whole lot and will be happy to get into the spirit of the thread again.

Bonny people, hope the Island met ur expectations. I hear it's a lovely place to be.

Signing out for now,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 8:44pm On Jan 08, 2008
Okpoko or whatever you call yourself, you are a fool. A very big fool. Far from realizing that you are old, at least eight years older than everyone on this thread, you go ahead making it all the more glaring that your foolery can never end. The exact reason you did not get into NLNG was that you are very old. They were frightened that while they would be talking about contributing to the bottom line, you would be talking about the ancient excavations of LSB Leakey in the Neanderthal Valley.

Okpoko, go and marry. It is nearly seven years you have been working for Starcomms or what is the name of that tolerant company that took you as a paid slave out of compassion? How much have you saved up in all your years of working? Can you boast of ten thousand naira in your account? Do you have a car? Do you have decent accommodation? Okpoko, realize that you are old, much older than you care to admit. This realization will make you start to think like a man. It appears you are jobless. Maybe you should resign and sit at home and begin to mind other people's business. Far from having a family of yours to tend, you busy yourself pop nosing into other people's own.

I had been keeping quiet with you even after I realized that you are the greatest fool on earth, because I hoped that you would one day outgrow your foolery, but no! A leopard can never change its spots and you have grown old in foolishness. Now I must reply you, to remind you of your great age, and your idleness that makes you an irksome busybody.

Okpoko, go and die. Who knows, that may be the saving grace for you. When you are dead and with your father, what you Christians call devil, then you will stop washing your mother's underwear in public to the shame of all your clan. Die, so that we shall never have to hear or read anything of or about you in life, nor get to ever see your face the colour of overripe oranges.

You are a huge indiscretion to the human race. Ah! But Ani is a tolerant god, it is amazing he lets you breathe the air in your lungs.

Beast of no gender!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 8:50pm On Jan 08, 2008
when a dispute arises on the thread,peeps as usual call for peace without trying to apportion blames.

much as this may be a good practise in some cases, but i feel there is a need to point out some salient facts.

this may once and for all put an end to some stupid behaviours and attributes noticed on the thread through some comments made.

i have done everything humanly possible not to respond to kuwenas posts ,no matter how annoying they may be(and i must confess dt quite a number of them have been annoyingly so).

my reason lies in the fact that i think the guy is a genius in his own right.

i originally thought i could write,but when i read kuwena's posts,i only realised i was an apprentice in comparison.

i was also deeply moved by his "unshakable faith" in God(which as stubborn opoks noted was all because of the golden fleece called nlng).

how right the poor boy(opoks) was.

and thirdly i was afraid that in his usual xteristic manner ,kuwena would accuse me of being jealous and envious like all africans are.

having said this i think it would be unjust keeping quiet considering kuwenas penchant for speaking like former president obasanjo who sees and believes only what he wants to at every point in time.

kuwena has over a long period of time assailed our ears with talks about being handsome.

much as its good to appreciate yourself(even when its a lie),it becomes irritating to the ears when it becomes hackneyed and over-emphasised.

i have seen kuwena.

not in a crowd,but one-on-one.

kuwena,u are not handsome,at least in the way we mortals understand it.

tho i believe all things created by God are good.

i still do not understand all the nonsense about chest pushed against the wind, being big, and having an aristocratic father.

is dt the reason y nlng refused to take you.thats a most stupid comment to start the new year

my irritation with kuwena in this case arises from the circumstance in which all his bragging started from.

opoks had praised wandel for not only being a genius but for having got all the best jobs since his nysc.

for the records,wandel served in intercontinental bank and shortly after service moved to kpmg.in less than two months he got this nlng job.

the guy who should even be proud and arrogant in turn gave all the glory to God and not to his famed intelligence.

enter kuwena.

kuwena enters next by saying he has realised why he would not be able to survive in the nigerian job industry and why companies may not take him.

he wishes he were not handsome, big, with a late aristocratic father, bla bla and all sort of rubbish u hear in a psychiatric home.

i have asked myself, "what is the realationship between opoks and wandels post and the trash posted by kuwena".

i might sound too harsh but God would be so upset with me if i did not make kuwena understand his tom-foolery.

we must also not forget that all the madness about making a first class on the thread started with kuwena.

surprisingly,some other guys who made a first class on the thread(i happen to know about 5 of them) purposely kept quiet and refused to blow their own trumpet.

as usual i am expecting him to accuse me of being envious.

d whole world is envious of kuwena.

i think the time has come for kuwena to understand that when people keep quiet just to let peace reign on the thread,it should never be equated with stupidity.

we have heard enough of all these trash concerning being handsome and all what not(especially when those of us who have seen know its only a figment of the imagination).

and especially when it comes from the same person.

if the thread is going to die, let it die but please until then,if we can't go on congratulating the successfuls, then lets discuss issues.

as a law student,the motto of my law society was " fiat justitia ruat coelum" which simply means "let justice be done even if the heavens fall".

i hope i have done justice here.and i know the heavens will not fall.

I thank you for the above. I will respond shortly.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 9:07pm On Jan 08, 2008
'The whole world is envious of Kuwena.'

Adrian, I want to believe that you are not a fool. There are at least 9 billion people on earth, and concerning me, the majority could not care less what happens.

If you tell yourself the truth, you will realize that we live in a limited society. That fool, Opoks, refuses to admit it, but the whole world knows that Nigeria is a relatively limited society. In this Nigerian society of ours that is so limited, everyone knows that majority of the people are living below the benchmark. What this means is that the greater percentage of the people are dissatisfied with their lives. This dissatisfaction in itself is cause for envy. And we all must agree that envy is a big factor in the typical Nigerian setting, whether you like it or not. Except you want to delude yourself, like The Fool.

The Fool in his misplaced love for the limited country called Nigeria will never admit that there are problems here. These problems always frustrate our best minds, making them leave the country. You and I know that our greatest geniuses were all - all - made abroad (including Soludo that schooled here). We all know as well that rather than encourage our best minds, we frustrate them so much that they have to walk. How many footballers played Higerian league and ended up in the Super Eagles? Do we not wait for them to go abroad and make fame before we welcome them 'home' to play? Who was that female footballer that was playing in Europe only to be enticed to come 'home' and play for the falcons to become injured, and Nigeria refused to treat her properly. Do you know that the person that designed the National flag was shown in a documentary languishing in a village? I could go on and on and on.

The Fool says I am not handsome, and you have concurred. The truth is that (like it or not) I am. And I have always been, and will continue to be. I truly am a Romantic. That's just the way it is. Simple. I do not need you to acknowledge it. I am also 6ft tall (183 meters). That is something you cannot deny. It is a FACT. And I do have very broad shoulders and push-out chest, and built to the size of what foes have called 'giant'. All the above is true, and try as you may, you cannot deny it.

The Fool says no one knew my father. He has to be a fool to say so. Does the Fool know that as far back as the seventies and eighties, my father was a compare of names like: Chukwumerije, Atiku, Ofonagoro and so on? Does the Fool know that were it not for death, popsie would have been Comptroller of the Nigeria Customs? Does The Buffoon know that my father's death was reported on front page of Champion Newspapers with banner head lines proclaiming him Custom Chief? Does the Fool know that his burial was a National Custom parade ceremony, with guards stationed to receive his body as it flew in from Gongola? Does the Fool know that my father was a permanent face at ECOWAS Technocrats committee together with aristocrats from all the other 16 nations?

Opokonwa is an envious fool, and he will die a fool and go to hell, and even there be a fool. God has made him a fool at forty, for he is even older than that. And that is why NLNG did not take him.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2008
Opokonwa is a fool; there is no truth greater than this. Opokonwa is a fool, and there can be no human being whose foolery surpasses his. His foolery stretches to the end of the world. The guy is a foooooool. May God help him.

It is when a man is a fool that he cannot see the truth; because the truth blocks his sight, and try as he may, he cannot see beyond it. Is it not a fool that behaves the way he does? There was a time I used to keep quiet for him, but now, I will answer him bumper to bumper. The guy is a fool, and I pray never to set my eyes on him again. This thread will not die because of him. It was not founded on fools, and it will not die because of them, so let him go to hell for all I care. He is the biggest fool on the planet.

King Solomon said: Answer a fool to reprove him of his folly. He likes to drink an overdose of Panadol Extra for another person's headache. Poor fool. Let him go and marry, and get a life, and make it work. Fool. Olojokokoro. shocked
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 9:15pm On Jan 08, 2008
Kenosky, 'silence is the best answer for a fool,' especially one not as foolish as The Fool.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 9:25pm On Jan 08, 2008
One last thing: My faith in God has nothing to do with getting NLNG or not. Okay? Can we let that matter rest? ship the Unknown in his own way. I had faith before I even knew there was NLNG. Yes, NLNG probably was a point in my journey; but to say I only believed in God to manipulate him to give me NLNG is to be a Fool, like him whose foolery will take on the whole wide world.

A million of you guys will not break me; nor will a million other Fools. Peace out!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by thought: 11:26pm On Jan 08, 2008
Hmm. . . . . .  where do I start. I really don't have much time to write but I am pushed to because of the current trend of events. Please and please the abuses have gone just to far for comfort. While I was in school, I was told that "one has to pass through school and the school has to pass through him". it is unfortunate that for most of us, this is not the case. You don't show how intelligent you are by abusing yourselves.

From this thread, one can assess the level of mental development of a typical Nigerian graduate. Who is opokonwa, who is kuwena, who is adrianic. . . . . . For me they are just "characters" of Nairaland just as "thought" is a Nairaland character. it is for this sole reason I never border when someone speaks badly about thought. He is just a "made character". For God's sake why are we "rubbishing" ourselves to the whole world. How would graduates (supposed best brains in the country God help us) act in such disgraceful manner.

Whatever was disscussed outside Narialand and on personal and mutual trust should not be used as a weapon to score cheap points. This thread is a subset of the larger Nigerian society. it is even more disturbing to know that it consistutes about the best brains in Nigeria. See how you represent yourselves, fighting and arguing over trivial issues.(it is certain that most people have not out grown some of their "childish character"wink. I am teribbly disappointed and I know a good number of Nigerians would feel the same way.

What happened to the saying "Silence is golden". I have said this again and again, there are things which are best said when they are not said. You don't pick on or reply every 1kobo statement (or is your time that cheap??). We can all read (well I believe so), you don't need to point out what Mr A said or forgot to say.

I mean. . . . . . . it is a shame. . . . . . . .If gainfully employed graduates, holding various positions of responsiblity, would stoop so low as too fight over the "handsomeness, chest or whatsoever of anybodyy" what would those young ones in the kindergarten and primary school fight over- National issues, current technological  and development trends. . . . . . . . . . or probably setting up a business outfits.- - - - -Please grow up. Who cares whether Mr A is handsome or not, built or not, he should go for Mr Macho for all I care. If he wishes he could become Hercules that is what he feels is most important to him. Who really cares probably the weak and untasked minds.

It is really dissappointing when grow-ups become "cartoon characters", probably to entertain the kindergarten kids.

Both sides have drawn the battle line. It is time bring out the "lethal weapons" and attack-(shamelessly they would justify their positions and reasons why they must respond).

We always complain about Nigeria, how bad things are and why we must stay or run "away forever"; I ask: Do you think the developed countries would have achieved what they have if their best brains were occupying their minds with such trivial issues as proving or rejecting one's statement about his perceived looks.  For God's sake, where is this country heading to.

PLEASE LETS TRY TO RESPECT TO DIGNITY OF THE NIGERIAN GRADUATE(IF THERE IS STILL ANY).

These "insults" have become too personal and have gone just too far for comfort.

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.