Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother (45145 Views)

The Number Of Children Living As Servants By State - StatiSense 2021 / Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? / Lady Negotiates The Number Of Children She Wants With Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by captainamiedi1: 7:03am On Oct 24, 2018
gilgal7:
" GOD said ; Go ye into the world and multiply " children are Blessing from GOD... when you have a big family ... your name will go places ... history will never forgets you ... you see the birds,they neither plant nor harvest... but they are well fed ...

the same bible bible also say a man that can't take care of its family is worse than an unbeliever. don't take one part of the bible and act on your ignorance. thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by akinszz: 7:03am On Oct 24, 2018
calliope:

Children are blessings from God, after all the Bible emphasized on fruitfulness, "Go ye into the world and multiple" please let's keep to that, regardless however the population keeps expanding beyond proportion. It doesn't matter smiley
if we don't control our population now, population will find a way to control itself. This is not about religion, it is about reality. We can't feed ourselves as a nation. Is that what God want... To give birth to children you can't properly take care of? I mean tell me something...
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by okekefabi(m): 7:03am On Oct 24, 2018
While working on the Limit Number Of Children Per Mother, they should also work on the Limit Number Of wives Per Man. No man should marry more than one wife.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by breakeven: 7:04am On Oct 24, 2018
The right step is to limit the number of children per man. So that you can have your four wives for example and have your four children. If that is the limit. Do not push it to women. It is about the men.
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:04am On Oct 24, 2018
martineverest:
very useless comment

And who adjudged my comment to be useless.. lack of common sense.

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by captainamiedi1: 7:04am On Oct 24, 2018
the only good thing to come out of this failed nation. we have to start controlling our population. quality is better than quantity.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by FedericGodwin: 7:05am On Oct 24, 2018
allaboutobed:
good one. But to discuss family planning in naming ceremony hmmmm

It's very possible, jokingly remind the parents what their roles as parents are. They are to train which involves money so they should plan according to their income. Nothing like God will take care of the children. We should face reality sir.
Thanks for finding it worthy to react. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by frankmoney(m): 7:05am On Oct 24, 2018
quid:

Good.
But a population of 1.4 billion did not weaken China, it made China a world power.
Don't buy into the big lie that population growth is inherently a cause of poverty.
oga it does affect , the reason why Nigeria Is the poverty capital of the world and India second is mainly due to population , the GDP is affected due to the large number of citizens

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Acidosis(m): 7:05am On Oct 24, 2018
Good initiative but I'm particularly worried that Nigerians, like they always do, see this half-baked, ill thought and non-implementable idea as the immediate solution to their problems.

China is perhaps the only country where this idea "worked". I had to put the word - worked - in quotations because in spite the strong will and strength of the country, it faced a lot of challenges, the government had to modify the policy severally until it was enforced ONLY in major cities. At 1.2 billion, China is still waxing strong!

Abeg, how many people reside in Ebonyi, Kogi or Ekiti? Altogether the three states have a lower population when compared with Lagos, yet they can't match up with the development in Lagos.
Lets not start blaming and cursing the innocent kids when people like Yayaha Bello has sworn to make life miserable to the people of the state.

The theory that supports lower population growth for economic development (Malthus theory I guess), has been discarded a long time ago as it applies no more to the contemporary world.

Kill 90% of the poor and middle class in Nigeria, nothing will change unless you eliminate bad governance from the society. The few and significantly little ones you want to birth will still learn from the corrupt and soulless ediots in power.

We have blamed the devil, we have blamed the church, some have even blamed Jesus Christ. Do we really have to take our frustrations to innocent kids again?
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Kamalu5258(m): 7:05am On Oct 24, 2018
It's going to be a very good policy if they allow it see the light of day
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by ehhmah(m): 7:06am On Oct 24, 2018
CONVO between PMB and N. kanu

PMB gets the phone from the NSA chief (phone on speaker)... N. kanu Phone rings
PMB : is this za Kanu
N. Kanu : who is this..
PMB : am za fresidenz of za Nigeria
N. Kanu :...(silence)
PMB : we are coming 4 u walaaaaaaahi...
N. Kanu : you don't mean it
(period of silence as PMB discusses with his clique in whispers,..)
PMB : is it true zaat you are in za israel.
N. Kanu : and so
PMB to Service chiefs: lets khashoggi za yammiri.
Service chiefs: embarassed
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by ehhmah(m): 7:06am On Oct 24, 2018
CONVO between PMB and N. kanu

PMB gets the phone from the NSA chief (phone on speaker)... N. kanu Phone rings
PMB : is this za Kanu
N. Kanu : who is this..
PMB : am za fresidenz of za Nigeria
N. Kanu :...(silence)
PMB : we are coming 4 u walaaaaaaahi...
N. Kanu : you don't mean it
(period of silence as PMB discusses with his clique in whispers,..)
PMB : is it true zaat you are in za israel.
N. Kanu : and so
PMB to Service chiefs: lets khashoggi za yammiri.
Service chiefs: embarassed
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by martineverest(m): 7:06am On Oct 24, 2018
DonFreshmoney:

And who adjudged my comment to be useless.. lack of common sense.
and why did I call the proposal by government ’uselesss'
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 24, 2018
frankmoney:
oga it does affect , the reason why Nigeria Is the poverty capital of the world and India second is mainly due to population , the GDP is affected due to the large number of citizens
Fight for the return of Abacha loot, and other monies looted by those in power.
Population is a blessing not a curse.

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:07am On Oct 24, 2018
martineverest:
and why did I call the proposal by government ’uselesss'

It's "you" not "I".. but?

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Francopol(m): 7:08am On Oct 24, 2018
dis news is for the northerns dat only kia to Bleep and produce multitudes dey can't tek kia of, only to leave dem to become almajiri at de detriment of de kids.... one man will marry up to 4wives and 10 children per wife! there is problem, honestly!
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by hisgrace090: 7:08am On Oct 24, 2018
quid:

Why not aspire to get to 1 billion population, then you can think of family planning grin grin grin

Where will they live in?

China have 9. Something million square km of land mass.

Nigeria have less than 1 million square km land mass.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by frankmoney(m): 7:09am On Oct 24, 2018
quid:

Fight for the return of Abacha loot, and other monies looted by those in power.
Population is a blessing not a curse.
it still won't amount to anything if the population is always on the increase , I never said bad governance isn't part of it , but population is also part
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 7:10am On Oct 24, 2018
'cuius est solum eius est usque ad coelum et ad infernos'.

'For whoever owns the soil, it is theirs up to Heaven and down to Hell'....

See the face of the foolish woman, she is the Dullard's family member, can you see the striking resemblance between them?

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 24, 2018
hisgrace090:

Where will they live in?

China have 9. Something million square km of land mass.

Nigeria have less than 1 million square km land mass.
Africa is the biggest continent on the planet.
Do not allow white people to deceive you.

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 24, 2018
frankmoney:
it still won't amount to anything if the population is always on the increase , I never said bad governance isn't part of it , but population is also part
Fix the bad governance, and population will not be a problem

1 Like

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by hisgrace090: 7:11am On Oct 24, 2018
quid:

Africa is the biggest continent on the planet.
Do not allow white people to deceive you.

And your Nigeria is among the biggest?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by lagosrd: 7:12am On Oct 24, 2018
Northerners will not agree to it. I once listened to him kazaure say all manners of Jagons against it. They always think that we don't want them to produce more as instructed by the Holy messenger. They use population as a tool to get juice from the center and deprive the same blooted population the right to western education, good health care facilities, administratiin of anti disease such as polio etc. His bill is just a ruess
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by officialJP(m): 7:14am On Oct 24, 2018
Who so ever brought this idea had read my mind best project ever if i become president that's the first thing I'll do
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by demio007: 7:16am On Oct 24, 2018
Rubbish. Are they trying to encourage men to marry more than one wife? Why not number of children per family (Man). So if the man like make he share his number between his wives and another can have his with one wife

3 Likes

Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:16am On Oct 24, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
Misleading headline,
I support the motive though, if we continue giving birth like this, I wonder how ten years from now will look like.
the projected stats..Is by 2030 we will be 400million according to them and i know for sure they are wrong
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Biingoo: 7:18am On Oct 24, 2018
joyfullyjoyous:
What about the number of children for a father
Does it mean baba sikira can gave as many as possible while mama sikira is restricted?
That's gender inequality!!
Not in my country!!!
The men are the main problem not the women.
Shut up!!!
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by showafrica(m): 7:19am On Oct 24, 2018
It's simple na, just allow Biafra go and population will reduce from 200m to150m
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Niorte: 7:19am On Oct 24, 2018
Only people in the south will embrace this. Regrettably, it will be to the disadvantage of the Southerners. Already, the south have been controlling numbers of children.

THIS LAW SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED IN PART STARTING FROM THE NORTH. IF SUCCESSFUL, IT CAN BE EXTENDED TO THE SOUTH.
I may want to ask whoever gave the statistics on our population growth to show us the rate at which the North and South are growing
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 24, 2018
Profayo:
The economic mess we find ourselves is because of gross corruption and insincerity of our leaders.That should be tackled first.
Then,the policy won't see the light of the day because the NORTH will never agree

Don't mind them they keep enriching their pockets and rolling out funny laws....
Laws like this go inline with legalization of abortion
How do u make laws to control number of children? Are you going to pass law against our rate of having sex..
.how do u now put the control into effect...when a woman who has reached her limit gets pregnant, will she shitt the baby through are anus or sneeze it out through her nose....

We don't have child or women benefit, we take care of ourselves in this nation...no free health care, no free education that will make people know that if u have more than let's say two..ur third child won't be allowed to go to school for free or enjoy some government financed amenities....
Thunder will fire them last last..corrupt set of people..a poor nation financing a rich government
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by Biingoo: 7:20am On Oct 24, 2018
And Victorian never even born one.....yet she dey approach menopause.... chai
Re: FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother by frowland(m): 7:20am On Oct 24, 2018
CanineOfJackal:
Buhari will never implement it because he will see it as anti Islam
But Zainab is a Muslim??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Many Married Men Are Unhappy... / Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago / Man Surprises Wife With N15million Benz Just To Say 'Thank You'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.