Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband (27386 Views)

I Never Told Anyone That I Will Die Soon - Odumeje / Prophet Uebert Angel Finally Meets Rev Dr. Chris Oyakhilome. [VIDEO, PICTURES] / Pastor Uebert Angel Flaunts His Lamborghini (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by mechanics(m): 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2018
peteruuu:

Whoever you are, I don't have your time. Goodnight.
just free him in his ignorance.
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 26, 2018
KAYD007:

You have spoken well!

Thank you my brother...
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by Nobody: 2:06am On Oct 26, 2018
doczero:
Mo/bilia. You are very intelligent. Come to think that you are in the US and talking like this. You must be a rare breed. We have not finished this matter as I am rushing somewhere. I think submission encompasses love and more.

Lol...."rare breed" in the U.S.
Can you imagine that? Lol...
Well....I'm a "work in progress"....
Anyhow, thank you my brother....for the kind compliment. I truly appreciate it.
Yes..you are right. Submission encompasses "love". Actually, it's all based on "love" ultimately.
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by Nobody: 2:13am On Oct 26, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:

He actually is another fake pastor. If he wasn't, I'm pretty sure he'd have come across this verse:

Titus 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

Well I've never heard of this pastor before, nor do I know if he's a false shepherd, but I just felt like perhaps his words were taken out of context on this particular subject.
Yes, I'm very familiar with the above mentioned scripture verse. Many people have stated it here on this thread.
However, I think Donnie said it right that when read in its proper context, (meaning "line upon line", "precept upon precept" here a little, there a little....) one can see what was meant there (in Titus) as opposed to what's being stated in Ephesians.
I think the pastor waa directing his message to men in particular, but was using Ephesians as his reference. I could be wrong...but that's what I had thought.

CC: Mechanics
Divineappo

Vindisick, my apologies that the write-up was too long for you to read. Was expressing my thoughts and it took those many words for me to do so.
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 27, 2018
donnie:

I "liked" your comment but to see it in context, looking from the previous verse you'd understand the apostle is actually admonishing older women to be of good example to the younger ones. It's not like an outright command to women to love their husbands like you'll find in the instruction to men in Ephesians 5:28.

Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
yea I know but for someone to say nowhere it says that women should love their husband in the bible is not correct.
A woman's submission should be out of love while a man that love his wife should also be considerate to his wife.
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by donnie(m): 11:10pm On Oct 27, 2018
solite3:
yea I know but for someone to say nowhere it says that women should love their husband in the bible is not correct.
A woman's submission should be out of love while a man that love his wife should also be considerate to his wife.

Still, It was a not a commandment to women to love their husband's.
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by KingErnesto(m): 12:06am On Oct 28, 2018
Titus 2:4

That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

That is Paul speaking to Timothy not God.
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by alBHAGDADI: 6:48am On Oct 28, 2018
KingErnesto:

That is Paul speaking to Timothy not God.
Neither is the verse the false pastor is speaking about actually God speaking to man. It was still Paul.

But since all scriptures are inspired by God, then we can say He was the one speaking in both instances.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 28, 2018
donnie:

Still, It was a not a commandment to women to love their husband's.

it is still an instruction to women that is why the apostle urge older women to teach younger women to love their husbands and children.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by donnie(m): 2:15pm On Oct 28, 2018
solite3:

it is still an instruction to women that is why the apostle urge older women to teach younger women to love their husbands and children.

Apostle Paul gave the instruction to who? Older women... to be of good example so the younger ones can learn from them.

It wasn't a commandment to love their husbands. Like we have in some African customs where young women are shown how to conduct themselves to show love and care for their husbands.

Reading Titus 2:4, "That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children"

Will you also say that the apostle gave instruction to women to love their children? Which normal woman doesn't love her children?
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 28, 2018
donnie:

Apostle Paul gave the instruction to who? Older women... to be of good example so the younger ones can learn from them.

It wasn't a commandment to love their husbands. Like we have in some African customs where young women are shown how to conduct themselves to show love and care for their husbands.

Reading Titus 2:4, "That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children"

Will you also say that the apostle gave instruction to women to love their children? Which normal woman doesn't love her children?

first of all, There is a general commandment for every believer to love one another.
secondly, the fact that apostle Paul instruct the older women to teach the younger women to love their husbands means that it is important, if it was not important he will not have written for younger women to love their husbands and children.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by KingErnesto(m): 4:19pm On Oct 28, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Neither is the verse the false pastor is speaking about actually God speaking to man. It was still Paul.

But since all scriptures are inspired by God, then we can say He was the one speaking in both instances.

What about the ones that Paul said "it is a shameful thing for a woman to speak in church" .. But we have women speaking in churches today. Does it mean your church is a false church and your leaders are false too?

You speak without wisdom, hence you don't have a defence.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by alBHAGDADI: 4:41pm On Oct 28, 2018
KingErnesto:

What about the ones that Paul said "it is a shameful thing for a woman to speak in church" .. But we have women speaking in churches today. Does it mean your church is a false church and your leaders are false too?

Such churches were women preach are totally false. Even Jesus listed that as one of the sins end time churches will engage in.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by donnie(m): 6:58pm On Oct 28, 2018
solite3:

first of all, There is a general commandment for every believer to love one another.
secondly, the fact that apostle Paul instruct the older women to teach the younger women to love their husbands means that it is important, if it was not important he will not have written for younger women to love their husbands and children.

How could you think I am saying it is not important? Of course it is important. Especially these days, with so-called feminism on the rise, women need to be taught by our mothers how to really love their men.
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 28, 2018
KingErnesto:

it is absolutely wrong for a women to teach and lead a church.
churches that do that have been compromised
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by icogb: 12:42pm On Nov 14, 2018
donnie:

I understand your point, but I'm admonishing godly women... Others can continue to drag rights till they get tired and run away.. or till they're beaten up.

By the way, I am not even going as far as handing over your money to your man, even though that will be an act of submission as well. Personally I give my wife an allowance that's more than some people's salary, whether or not she's working. The man that'll command that kind of respect is expected to provide for his house as well.

Talking with a young solider son in the Lord who's looking to getting married soon. According to him, he wants a lady who has financial and job security so he can afford to take care of his dad mum and siblings while she caters for the home and his kids. And I said NO WAY! Your immediate family first... That's the way it aught to be. By the time I was done with him, His faith has skyrocketed.
Oga, you re speaking from both sides of your mouth. Btw, how do you know she wld be bothered if d guy runs away? or dat you guys can beat everybdy? Who told you you guys you'ld always win?
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by donnie(m): 1:26pm On Nov 14, 2018
icogb:
Oga, you re speaking from both sides of your mouth. Btw, how do you know she wld be bothered if d guy runs away? or dat you guys can beat everybdy? Who told you you guys you'ld always win?

That's the problem with you people; you create categories that don't exist and then try to get others to fit into them.
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by icogb: 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2018
donnie:

That's the problem with you people; you create categories that don't exist and then try to get others to fit into them.
??
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by Julivas(m): 10:22pm On Nov 23, 2018
doczero:
Mobilia. You are very intelligent. Come to think that you are in the US and talking like this. You must be a rare breed. We have not finished this matter as I am rushing somewhere. I think submission encompasses love and more.
Mobilia, not just a rare breed , but a lovely and fun person to be with.
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by awesomeJ(m): 4:59am On Dec 01, 2018
Seun:
You can command a husband and wife to be kind, respectful, and seductive to each other, but you can’t command them to love. People can’t control their emotions, but they can control their actions. The Bible should be updated to reflect this understanding.
Or your own thinking should be enlightened to understand that people really can and should control their own emotions.

And you should not only love your spouse, but even your neighbours and enemies too.

And while this may seem undoable to you, because you often think you got everything figured, my 10-year old nephew would perfectly understand that all it takes to love anyone is to do to them as you would have them do to you. Treat others just as you would your own self. Basic.
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by awesomeJ(m): 5:02am On Dec 01, 2018
Seun:
You can command a husband and wife to be kind, respectful, and seductive to each other, but you can’t command them to love. People can’t control their emotions, but they can control their actions. The Bible should be updated to reflect this understanding.

People can be kind but they can control their emotions? how do these add up?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by dannyyol2018: 11:02am On Dec 01, 2018
Seun:
may be you should update it

1 Like

Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by Jozzy4: 2:48pm On Jan 26, 2020
LordReed:
LoL. The book full of confusion.

Don't let your anti religion stance make you gullible to be deceived. The man didn't verify his claims . Titus 2:4 ask women to Love their husbands
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by Jozzy4: 2:50pm On Jan 26, 2020
Seun:
Think about this :
Before they married were they not in love, if not, why marry who they don't love ? the command is To Maintain what's already on ground, so as not to lost it.

Your post assume the love started when they got married .
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by Jozzy4: 2:52pm On Jan 26, 2020
solite3:

there is a command for young women to love their husbands

Titus 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
Thanks for highlighting that point, Solite
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by Jozzy4: 2:53pm On Jan 26, 2020
donnie:

I "liked" your comment but to see it in context, looking from the previous verse you'd understand the apostle is actually admonishing older women to be of good example to the younger ones. It's not like an outright command to women to love their husbands like you'll find in the instruction to men in Ephesians 5:28.

Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

It's what is expected of them. Hence the adminition ...
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by Jozzy4: 2:54pm On Jan 26, 2020
ihatebuhari:
stop reading the Bible without understanding, you are so fake and this will lead you to hell.

Titus 2:4 was never a commandment rather an advice from older women to teach the younger ones.

You have to apologize to the man of God because he's so right

You fail to think about the fact that he was Showing them What is EXPECTED of them
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by Jozzy4: 3:01pm On Jan 26, 2020
jaxxy:

In simple terms... men don’t get emotional so easily like women. They can be emotional don’t get me wrong. We are made made of stone bt not always like women. That’s my point.

Are you aware women are emotionally stronger than men?

Who will die first

Husband confess " I mistakenly had sex with my secretary " .. she will flare up , but trust me she will still come around to forgive most times, Emotionally strong to put it behind her

Wife confess " I don't know what came over me, had sex with this long term friend, we are mates in school, please forgive me " ... Do I need to explain what could occur after this ?
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by LordReed(m): 4:50pm On Jan 26, 2020
Jozzy4:

Don't let your anti religion stance make you gullible to be deceived. The man didn't verify his claims . Titus 2:4 ask women to Love their husbands

You are the gullible one here. A book that can be used to support any position is a book of confusion.
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by Jozzy4: 4:55pm On Jan 26, 2020
LordReed:

You are the gullible one here. A book that can be used to support any position is a book of confusion.

What was the EVIDENCE he presented from the bible to support his position ?

You are making another Fallacy again, was his position supported after I gave you a straight verse that knocked him off ?

You need to relax when Religious issues are discussed or you end up embarrassing yourself more
Re: Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband by LordReed(m): 5:02pm On Jan 26, 2020
Jozzy4:

What was the EVIDENCE he presented from the bible to support his position ?

You are making another Fallacy again, was his position supported after I gave you a straight verse that knocked him off ?

You need to relax when Religious issues are discussed or you end up embarrassing yourself more

You need to find someone else who cares. He is not the first nor will he be the last to interpret the Bible anyway he likes so spare me the preaching OK.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ways Satan Manifests Himself In Our Churches Today / "God Changed My Genotype To AA After I Attended A Church Program" - Lady / Kenyans Celebrate Apostle Suleman's Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.