Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,216 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dubai-fication Of Lagos (3585 Views)

President Buhari Participates At The Dubai Expo 2020 (PHOTOS) / Omosede Igbinedion Congratulates Femi Otedola As "Next Governor Of Lagos" / Femi Otedola To Run For Governor Of Lagos State - LeadersNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by vanbonattel: 7:14am On Oct 25, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Stop using carefully touched up picture to spread lies Lagos is no where near being a modern city just because you snapped and photoshopped a couple of Tinubus Sky scrapers and Shiro restaurant...

Lagos has no pipe borne water

80 percent of Lagos is Still very unplanned .

60 percent of roads in Lagos are still dirt roads .

70 percent of Lagosian have no access to a proper toilet or even a toilet

Bro there is still so much to do than peddle carefully filtered pics

You can't blame Lagos for that, blame our brothers from Ibadan who has no toilets in Ibadan, they move to Lagos and start pooing all over the places, we must deport all Ibadan people back to their pigsty in Ibadan.

3 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by vanbonattel: 7:15am On Oct 25, 2018
An average Osun man is jealous of the success and wealth of a Lagos son of the soil. That's why they spoil Lagos for us.
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Ozibe: 7:18am On Oct 25, 2018
Beautiful on camera but in reality, it is......

3 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 25, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
Obviously, someone has NEVER been to OMAN, not to talk of DUBAI!

What an insult to DUBAI! embarassed

The DIRTIEST STATES IN NIGERIA. . . . . IN 2018!!! cry

1.LAGOS!
2.ANAMBRA!
3.ABIA!
4. KADUNA!
5. OGUN!
6.KANO!
7. OYO!
8. EKITI!
9. BENUE!
10. ONDO!

All the WESTERN STATES ARE REPRESENTED! grin
grin, Lagos dubai my foot. But is your head paining you. Where did you put Imo state.

According to the ranking
1 Lagos
2 Anambra
3 Abia
4 Kaduna
5 Ogun
6 Kano
7 Oyo
8 Ekiti
9 Benue
10 Imo.

2 igbo states are in top 3.
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 25, 2018
I do not blame lagos. Look at the list, top 3, two igbo states, and they run to lagos and you think they will not bring their dirtiness to lagos . Ask WHO that named their 3 cities if Onitsha, Aba n Umuhia as the dirtiest in the world. Their presence make lagos dirty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 25, 2018
vanbonattel:

For all Ogun people trying to spoil Lagos by doing this, we will deport you back to your backward, ritual infested state.
I know the truth i reavealed hurts you to bone marrow. But it does not change the fact anyway. You can disprove me by showing us dirtiest city in the world. grin atleast it is only head you show. They are better, but for you n your tribe, you do not even spare any part. All na chop.

1 Like

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by KanwuliaExtra: 8:02am On Oct 25, 2018
wizzakosh:
grin, Lagos dubai my foot. But is your head paining you. Where did you put Imo state.

According to the ranking
1 Lagos
2 Anambra
3 Abia
4 Kaduna
5 Ogun
6 Kano
7 Oyo
8 Ekiti
9 Benue
10 Imo.

2 igbo states are in top 3.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

I was practicing for INEC 2019!
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by vanbonattel: 8:06am On Oct 25, 2018
wizzakosh:
I know the truth i reavealed hurts you to bone marrow. But it does not change the fact anyway. You can disprove me by showing us dirtiest city in the world. grin atleast it is only head you show. They are better, but for you n your tribe, you do not even spare any part. All na chop.

The man be like "I have won the afonja world cup of rituals" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by oyatz(m): 8:33am On Oct 25, 2018
Only the man and his wife are mad, the children are not mad but force to act mad because their parents are mad.

Ever8054:
the pictures are beautiful but buhari and his family will still walk out of Aso rock to Daura...

1 Like

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Shehunoshewhat: 8:46am On Oct 25, 2018
vanbonattel:

Don't mind them. It's people like him that throw poor Yorubas out of their houses because they are Ibo landlords. Lagos is well b planned only that yoruba agberos cannot behave themselves here.

You mean Igbos have stopped sleeping in their 2 by 2 shops in Lagos

3 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by vanbonattel: 9:24am On Oct 25, 2018
Shehunoshewhat:

You mean Igbos have stopped sleeping in their 2 by 2 shops in Lagos

I hear they all moved to Lekki peninsula and filled the sea to build , I also heard our yoruba ppl are the ones sleeping under the bridge now.

2 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Shehunoshewhat: 9:47am On Oct 25, 2018
vanbonattel:

I hear they all moved to Lekki peninsula and filled the sea to build , I also heard our yoruba ppl are the ones sleeping under the bridge now.

What a dream! Are you sure you don't have malaria

3 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by izombie(m): 9:48am On Oct 25, 2018
walefresh3:
bro stop your hatred toward Lagos. Lagos and Abuja still the best in Nigeria and West Africa . have being to all west African countries and I can tell you vividly that this is your best for now so be proud of it. Maybe you tell me if there is any other state in Nigeria that is more developed than Lagos with all the amenities you mentioned above. You una hate una self for this country thats why u dey hate Lagos because you are not from the west. pls show me a well more planned city than Lagos in eastern part of nigeria.
so when we say the truth you label us haters abi? Bros i am a nigerian too and i would love lagos to be one of the best cities on earth but i won't lie to myself if it's not. Lagos is by far the worst city that i have ever visited. No electricity,no water,no roads etc. All the pics pasted by the op look beautiful from the air but you and i know that is not what on ground. And for the record, enugu town is more well planned than lagos.

2 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by 7lives: 9:55am On Oct 25, 2018
vanbonattel:

You can't blame Lagos for that, blame our brothers from Ibadan who has no toilets in Ibadan, they move to Lagos and start pooing all over the places, we must deport all Ibadan people back to their pigsty in Ibadan.
Na only Ibadan people una dey see, some of your folks just arrived with 3 pikins, from the land of the FALLEN SUN three days ago.
As I'm typing this they are sleeping in front of shops in my hood, they are homeless where will they poo if not on the street?.
Thank God Lagos is in Yorubaland, if Lagos is in SE, I'm sure other Nigerians will be fenced out, shame on you.

3 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by forgiveness: 9:58am On Oct 25, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Lagos and Abuja the best in West Africa? grin grin

Stop hiding in Naira and passing judgement ... Just a trip to Accra will convince you right from the airport to your hotel Lagos might have a larger population and wealth than ACCRA but Accra is a far better city

Are you aware that Lagos is currently the third worst city to reside on earth?

Lagos is better than Accra. I have been there more than 30 times. Even my Ghanian friends testify when they came to Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Ajibel(m): 10:02am On Oct 25, 2018
I don't see anything wrong with projecting the good sides of our nation, Lagos in this instance with good pictures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by forgiveness: 10:02am On Oct 25, 2018
vanbonattel:

Ibadan is better than all the cities I have lived and been to in SE. grin
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by SarkinYarki: 10:06am On Oct 25, 2018
forgiveness:

Lagos is better than Accra. I have been there more than 30 times. Even my Ghanian friends testify when they came to Lagos.

Lagos that doesn't have electricity roads or pipeborne water ... Oga please go and sleep some where ..I stay constantly in both cities so I know what I am saying

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by vanbonattel: 10:09am On Oct 25, 2018
forgiveness:

Ibadan is better than all the cities I have lived and been to in SE. grin

Lies grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by forgiveness: 10:12am On Oct 25, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Lagos that doesn't have electricity roads or pipeborne water ... Oga please go and sleep some where ..I stay constantly in both cities so I know what I am saying

Does Accra have pipeborne water? Does Accra have 24 hours electricity? Does Accra have all good roads without pot holes?

Besides there's difference between Accra and Lagos state. So also difference between Greater Accra(Tema, Accra) and Lagos.

Accra Vs Lagos(Vi, Ikoyi, Lekki, Banana island). Lagos is far better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by forgiveness: 10:13am On Oct 25, 2018
vanbonattel:

Lies grin

The only city better than Ibadan in SS is Port Harcourt. Calabar self no reach.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by SarkinYarki: 10:18am On Oct 25, 2018
forgiveness:

Does Accra have pipeborne water? Does Accra have 24 hours electricity? Does have all good roads without pot holes?

Besides there's difference between Accra and Lagos state. So also difference between Greater Accra and Lagos.

Accra Vs Lagos(Vi, Ikoyi, Lekki, Banana island). Lagos is far better.

I stay in lekki so please where in lekki is developed , blocked faux drainages filled with mosquitoes and ffogs, no water , horibble electricity , poorly interlocked roads that are guaranteed to destroy and suspension and tyre in 2 weeks if the car is brand new and just 2 days of me tokunbo car ... so you think the people that rate Lagos the 3rd worst city to live in didn't see Accra b3fore taking? Please let's stop leaving in denial

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by front4line: 10:20am On Oct 25, 2018
Ever8054:
the pictures are beautiful but buhari and his family will still walk out of Aso rock to Daura...

Is that how your father n mother worked all their lives only to end up with pathetic you. Buhari is the president of Nigeria today I doubt if your father will ever accomplish 1/100th what Buhari accomplished.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by forgiveness: 10:38am On Oct 25, 2018
SarkinYarki:

I stay in lekki so please where in lekki is developed , blocked faux drainages filled with mosquitoes and ffogs, no water , horibble electricity , poorly interlocked roads that are guaranteed to destroy and suspension and tyre in 2 weeks if the car is brand new and just 2 days of me tokunbo car ... so you think the people that rate Lagos the 3rd worst city to live in didn't see Accra b3fore taking? Please let's stop leaving in denial

Accra was not even considered among the 140 livable cities while Lagos made the 138 position. That showed Accra is not even considered as a city. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by rusher14: 11:16am On Oct 25, 2018
Obi1kenobi:
Lagos is a mega slum - one of the least livable major cities in the world one of the lowest qualities of life in the world. There is no "Dubai-fication" going on.

Obi is angry.

grin
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Ever8054: 11:27am On Oct 25, 2018
front4line:

Is that how your father n mother worked all their lives only to end up with pathetic you. Buhari is the president of Nigeria today I doubt if your father will ever accomplish 1/100th what Buhari accomplished.
you can imagine this pathetic animal..it is your cripple mother that was impregnated under a mango tree by a blind onion seller from Kano that you are insulting....
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Painkila: 11:31am On Oct 25, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
Obviously, someone has NEVER been to OMAN, not to talk of DUBAI!

What an insult to DUBAI! embarassed

The DIRTIEST STATES IN NIGERIA. . . . . IN 2018!!! cry

1.LAGOS!
2.ANAMBRA!
3.ABIA!
4. KADUNA!
5. OGUN!
6.KANO!
7. OYO!
8. EKITI!
9. BENUE!
10. ONDO!

All the WESTERN STATES ARE REPRESENTED! grin
the typical yorubas have filth in their own DNA.
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 25, 2018
Obi1kenobi:
Lagos is a mega slum - one of the least livable major cities in the world one of the lowest qualities of life in the world. There is no "Dubai-fication" going on.
Very true, I visited for the first time in ten years and it is nothing but a big slum. With all the propaganda I thought Tifnubu,Fashola and puppet Ambode had transformed the city.

1 Like

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 25, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Stop using carefully touched up picture to spread lies Lagos is no where near being a modern city just because you snapped and photoshopped a couple of Tinubus Sky scrapers and Shiro restaurant...

Lagos has no pipe borne water

80 percent of Lagos is Still very unplanned .

60 percent of roads in Lagos are still dirt roads .

70 percent of Lagosian have no access to a proper toilet or even a toilet

Bro there is still so much to do than peddle carefully filtered pics
Facts!Majority of Lagos state revenue mostly goes to Tifnubu to oil his vast patronage network of politicians,area boys,market women and Nurtw to maintain his hold on power. If Lagos funds were judiciously spent, it could be transformed to look like any modern city in the Netherlands.

1 Like

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 25, 2018
izombie:
We keep deceiving our selves. I live outside nigeria and i've been to lagos thousands of times, lagos is a slum. These pics you pasted here are just deceits.
Until you live abroad and travel to many countries.You realize Lagos is one of the biggest slums in the world failed by it's thieving political class, who use funds for development to buy private jets,buy newpapers,hotels,tv stations and start airlines.
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 25, 2018
izombie:
so when we say the truth you label us haters abi? Bros i am a nigerian too and i would love lagos to be one of the best cities on earth but i won't lie to myself if it's not. Lagos is by far the worst city that i have ever visited. No electricity,no water,no roads etc. All the pics pasted by the op look beautiful from the air but you and i know that is not what on ground. And for the record, enugu town is more well planned than lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Eyewitness Account Of PDP NW Presidential Rally, By Auwal Mustapha Imam / Video Of IPOB Members Attacking Amaechi In Spain / What Is Kwankwaso's Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.