Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency (21857 Views)

3 Killed As Biafra And Cameronians Rapid Force Battle Over Control Of Bakassi / Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate / Crisis Brews In APC Over Senate Presidency As S’east, North-west Battle For Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by ThatFairGuy: 3:39am On Oct 28, 2018
You have my coins bro grin....
0monnak0da:
The Eboes know they cannot win and that is why they are issuing threats.
In 2023 APC will field a Yoruba and PDP an Igbo.
The North will abstain so the contest is something to look forward to
What are the Eboes afraid of? Let us meet at the ballot box.
If the Eboes think the North will subscribe to their childish and wishful thinking they are deluded.
It will be Yoruba versus Eboes on election day in 2023. Better go and get ready
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by MetaPhysical: 4:27am On Oct 28, 2018
I wonder why some Yorubas do one thing behind doors, in the dark and out of public gaze but come out into media and proclaim a different agenda from that adopted in the dark.

Why is Femi Okurounmu, and Afenifere generally, using the media to goad Ibo to believe Yoruba will not vote Buhari? The arrangement behind doors is that we will repeat the era of Awolowo's UPN and make SW politically homogenous with the center. This has been achieved for all six states. The center is APC. They should come out into public and be consistent with the agenda adopted out of public gaze. Yoruba has agreed to return Buhari/Osinbajo to the Villa for another 4years. No need to persuade Ibo to think he has a chance when clearly he does not. We do not need to add to their confusion.

1 Like

Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:48am On Oct 28, 2018
sangresan:

You are the one displaying political naivety here.....The reason why the North has had it so easy is because Jonathan disrupted the zoning arrangement...I am very sure that you would have been one of those saying that zoning was dead and that it shouldn't be paid any attention again...

Many of you here are just blabbing...If Buhari rules for 8 years, there is no way PDP can zone the Presidency back to the North..

SW has
SS has

But the Igbos don't have anything to threaten the North with and hold them to ransom politically....We saw how their leaders were appealing the Northern leaders last year when the Hausa youths issued them an ultimatum to leave their land.

Igbos cant hide under the PDP to champion their tribal aspirations...

In 1993, Yoruba man, Abiola, defeated an Hausa man fair and square...Lest I forget, more Igbos supported Tofa in that election....Yet, Abiola still defeated Tofa in his Kano State.

That's just to answer those writing blah blah blah blah about Yoruba facing Hausa in 2023....Let's analyse the coming election and stop disturbing yourselves about something still 5 years away.
Okay when a PDP northern candidate eemerges in 2023 go and stop him.BTW What is it yorubas have to threaten the north with?
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by fallout87: 7:11am On Oct 28, 2018
SW will be zoned the presidency.

The stupidity of the SE was to demand VP.

Since they have demanded VP, SW can stake their claim that the last President was SS so it can't come from them. SE just had VP zoned to it for PDP election.

Now when PDP wins they will demand Presidency be zoned to SW in fairness and won't be denied.

It was playing chess. The SE were playing checkers.

This is just the honest truth of what occurred.
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by YakubuA: 10:25pm On Oct 28, 2018
haaryobhami:
lol 2023 is pregnant already nd i can't say what it will deliver.
If buhari win next year nd apc present a Yoruba candidate in 2023.the pdp will do what apc did in 2015,present a northern candidate kwankwaso or tambuwal nd an igbo vp nd if apc present an igbo candidate,d pdp will present a Hausa presidential candidate nd a Yoruba vp.
I stayed in d north b4,they don't care about all this Yoruba nd igbo fight,they don't like any of d tribe but they only like nd support there own.
either way it swing d north might rule Nigeria back to back for 16 years.
The South are just politically naive if they think d north like dem at all

Then surely you do not know us.
We voted for Abiola against Tofa from Kano State. And I can tell you that we shall vote for a Yoruba President after Buhari complete his 2nd term in 2023. Thanks to all the abuse we see from the S/Easterners which open our eyes to understand who is a friend and who is not.
We will not rant or abuse anyone on social media because we are not brought up like that but we shall surely show you on the election day.
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by richiepolymer(m): 9:50am On Oct 29, 2018

But isn't it rather laughable that the SE is politically myopic. It appears other regions are more smart and considerate and thinking about the SE than they think for themselves.
Firstly isn't it foolishness to support another Fulani man that can't be trusted to do one term? And then you queue behind foolishly and think other regions will just hand over presidency to you? Haba!
Pick a candidate, start selling him round to all Nigerians with 2023 in view of a president from SE. For this to work, allow Buhari to complete the Fulani turn quietly whether he is competent or not.
Remember nobody can gag other regions into voting their candidate. GEJ's boys threatened hell, where are they today? Just bring a candidate, start selling him to all Nigerians and market him well, canvass votes and by sympathy, fairness and competence the SE candidate will coast home to victory as President.
I hope say una go get sense!
Voting Atiku will mean straight 12 Fulani years in power!

globemoney:
It will be a battle to finish in 2023. Nigeria will have to decide between a SE president or Biafra
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by 0monnak0da: 8:04am On Oct 30, 2018
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by hardeytarhyour(m): 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2018
codedguy1:

If you are really educated, reread what you wrote if you will understand it, then ask someone more educated to help express what you really want to write because what you have written doesn't make sense.

I mean IS IT NOT
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by Modarun(m): 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
princdebola201:
lol this guy with kindergaten mentality of politics.every reasonable individuals know irrespective of 2019 election result power will return to south .any party that use a northerner has lost election before it started

law written by who? you sort to take someone lese chance and expect them to support you? lol, even OBJ has made that clear that the next time power returns to the South the South east will get it. well no need for all this noise sha, let the elections come first. If Buhari returns we sha see how the South west will take it.
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by Modarun(m): 2:39pm On Dec 08, 2018
richiepolymer:

But isn't it rather laughable that the SE is politically myopic. It appears other regions are more smart and considerate and thinking about the SE than they think for themselves.
Firstly isn't it foolishness to support another Fulani man that can't be trusted to do one term? And then you queue behind foolishly and think other regions will just hand over presidency to you? Haba!
Pick a candidate, start selling him round to all Nigerians with 2023 in view of a president from SE. For this to work, allow Buhari to complete the Fulani turn quietly whether he is competent or not.
Remember nobody can gag other regions into voting their candidate. GEJ's boys threatened hell, where are they today? Just bring a candidate, start selling him to all Nigerians and market him well, canvass votes and by sympathy, fairness and competence the SE candidate will coast home to victory as President.
I hope say una go get sense!
Voting Atiku will mean straight 12 Fulani years in power!

yes let it be as such. Youvare shameless and greedy. if you yorubas are so worried of not having power in the North for 8more years after Buhari, why are you not backing the South East like they did you under OBJ?
I knw one thing for a fact thr South South, South East and North Central would rather a Fulani continues than support A Tinubu after the way you yorubas have sort to justify the injustoces done to them by Buhari.

Go to these regions and ask, they are no longer afraid of IBo presidency, infact we are welcoming it. An IBO president wont look the other way or act like nothing is happening while Herdsmen kill Nigerians.
Re: South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency by richiepolymer(m): 5:48pm On Dec 08, 2018

I'm not from South west and I'm not Yoruba. I'm from the South South. So save the Yoruba hatred.
Secondly, presidency doesn't fall on anyone's laps. It has to be worked for. No amount of sentiment will give Nigeria president of Igbo origin. Asari dokubo and co made senseless comments undermining the fact that he wasn't a politician. You can't threaten people for votes, you sell yourself and buy the will of the people to get votes. If truly SE is ready to produce the be t president which we all agree is long overdue, they have to work for it. It looks more like they aren't ready. And please stop lumping SS and SE together in terms of Nigerian politics.

Modarun:

yes let it be as such. Youvare shameless and greedy. if you yorubas are so worried of not having power in the North for 8more years after Buhari, why are you not backing the South East like they did you under OBJ?
I knw one thing for a fact thr South South, South East and North Central would rather a Fulani continues than support A Tinubu after the way you yorubas have sort to justify the injustoces done to them by Buhari.

Go to these regions and ask, they are no longer afraid of IBo presidency, infact we are welcoming it. An IBO president wont look the other way or act like nothing is happening while Herdsmen kill Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Don't Praise Me, Tinubu Issues Warning To APC Leaders Ahead Of March 9 / Governor Wike Imposes 24 Hours Curfew On Some Parts Of Rivers State / Name Train Station After Remi Fani-Kayode - MURIC Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.